LCD Overgeared

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by hanglekuk, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's be honest, the MC is Bad in a "Worse than arrogant young master" level in the beginning. People would gladly drop it if the MC never change.

Just keep trying. Everyone had this thinking of dropping the novel when they 1st start, but he really does grow up. You need to at least read 100 chapters before making your decision.

2. pirateking36

pirateking36 [[-Worst King-]]

Reading List:
    Link
    ok(PS- he isnt really a "Worse than arrogant young master" level but more like a combination of that+ belief that all else are evil(?)+ 'rich people and riajuu go explode')

3. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, i think this time the author reasoning to level up grid makes perfect sense.
    He said it will take around a week to level up from 298, and it takes a month to level up from 299.... God knows how much time is needed to get from 306 and such...
    None of them will raise any stat points if they kept on sharing the exp at this place. meanwhile, although grid level is bellow theirs, grid stats already overwhelmed any of them due to blacksmithing crazy bonus. They figured right to sacrifice their prob non existant increase of stats points to get the crazy bonus grid might have when he hits 300.

4. Xiongace101

Xiongace101 Monkey

Reading List:
    Link
    alot of ppls believe in that no worries u got millions of bothers thinking the same thing the riajuu go explode anyways :p

pirateking36 likes this.
  5. slaider23

slaider23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I started reading this 3 days ago and caught up to the current chapters....i literally contemplated several times on why i should drop this novel bcuz really nothing about the mc made me want to read it...but my friend was always in the background telling me.

"Continue reading it will be worth it."
    "He's gonna grow up and mature trust me."
    "More importantly he's going to be OP"

So i stuck it out at first it was annoying as fuck but when it got around to the part where he joined his first guild, the story started getting better as the MC was actually interacting with ppl so his character started to grow and mature but he was still trash though. Until the Reunion he had with his classmate which caused the MC to make the most dramatic change finally meeting my expectations. Ever since then our MC has just been increasing the potential harem with his casual misunderstandings and ofcourse having lots of se...*cough cough* i mean Dexterity who knew it was so important right? (You will get this jk later on)

But i highly recommend it, just stick it out it will take a bit but it will get better.

6. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why Grid's not using the divine shield. He might actually survive the attack with it.

7. pirateking36

pirateking36 [[-Worst King-]]

Reading List:
    Link
    HE Fking joins a GUILD?! heck i thought he would be asolo all the way but oh well whateva.....(at chp 36 now.....yep still trash)

8. VinnyOni1

VinnyOni1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Grid can gain mad experience anytime since the author has made Grid unkillable and able to defeat bosses alone. So Grid doesn't need to hog experience. I will admit though, it's in line with Grid's character to do so.

Edit: Grid could literally search for a monster hunting ground where the monsters are level 500 and survive thanks to the plot armour the author has made for him.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    justmehere likes this.
  9. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    Somehow grit your teeth and make it to ch 100, things get better, comparatively. And DO NOT TRY TO COMPARE GRID TO WEED (LMS)

10. kawaii011

kawaii011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I too feel that way when its chapter 20 and hes like a kid reckless,stupid and easy to cheat but i fell inlove with it bec i saw him grow to a great and powerful mc a bit OP but not that boring OP highly recommended to read

11. alzamer2

alzamer2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the MC of overgear
    he really have bad luck but some time his bad luck is so bad it turn to good luck
    imagine someone walking in the street and he slip on banana peal but when he fell over he saw 100$ bill under vender machine next to the place he fell over

12. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I understood that. My point was that he would level up faster if they simply fought together and killed faster. There's a reason people fight in parties when they want to grind levels, and it's not because they want to waste time.
    It's because he doesn't want to give up the skill power buff from the sword. I'm not sure if he's also considered the possibility that the boss may not target him next time due to failing to kill him this time, but if he has, then that would also be a reason.

Of course, if the damage calculations worked as they should, then his two sword style would actually reduce the damage of his skills since it would average the attack power of the two weapons after debuffing his off-hand weapon. Even after adding back in the +20%, it should still be a net loss of damage. At that point, sword and shield or simply using the greatsword as a two-handed weapon as intended, would both be vastly superior fighting styles. But since neither of those styles is as "cool" as the overdone dual weapons style, the game seems to calculate it based solely on his stronger weapon, even when the attack is being launched by the weaker one.

tl;dr: Rule of Cool though, as ever, your mileage may vary.

13. Cohran

Cohran [Androphobic] [Humble Baker™]

Reading List:
    Link
    Its okay if you want comedy but thee story seems pointless to me. I stopped at about 120 (national competition time).

14. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ordinarily you'd be right but they're on a timed quest. The correct answer is whatever lets them get the furthest in the shortest amount of time. This is also the highest level hunting ground they're found so far.

But he's not actually using any skills. He's just tanking an attack and then the boss leaves. Heck, he should take out both divine shields before the boss appears. If he's not attacked there's no loss.

It's my impression that he can use his skills with one or both swords.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    “User Restriction: Level 300 or higher. A man.” Why? Plenty of women have rocked tailcoats in the past. No reason to prevent them from doing it in game.

That post was from before I read the latest chapters and was based on the assumption that they didn't know the cooldown. Since they do know it, then it's either because they're not properly tracking the cooldown timer, or because he's an idiot, most likely both.

As I recall the descriptions of the skills being used, both swords get involved in every skill, damage is always based on the stronger weapon (or possibly the combined strength of the two weapons), and the +20% is applied to all damage dealt by the skill. Basically, it's the optimal for him, while being the stupidest for any game company even mildly concerned about game balance.

VinnyOni1 likes this.
  16. Avrnea

Avrnea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he starts really improving his character around chapters 100+ i think.. but then the details will be omitted~:blobtongue:

enkay likes this.
  17. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    Its on my list of “to read” novels but haven’t started it yet, I have read the reviews which say he (the MC) was absolutely horrible but starts to mature around chapter 100 though

18. lichdeath

lichdeath undead meatbun ^^

Reading List:
    Link
    still not far enough
    side note author really needs to lessen his compare to trashy version of grid tough

19. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the key was that they thought that if he gets to 300, he might survive the attack (hp ought to shoot up). though I agree, two divine shields ftw.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really get how what you wrote pertains to what I wrote? The reason he wanted to get to 300 was never in question?