LCD Advent of the Archmage (formerly known as "Descent of the God of Magic")

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by userunfriendly, Jan 24, 2018.

1. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/descent-of-the-god-of-magic/

I am So happy this dropped story has been picked up.

Flaws: typical gamer dropped into game world immediately becomes super badass. No hesitation, no trauma killing people, annoyingly and implausibly courageous.

Good points: MC is smart and adaptable. Great at using little magic to large effect. Well plotted battle scenes and if you concede that the early chapters have to show our MC kicking ass, (or the story end prematurely), nice sense that the MC is in over his head, and he needs to act decisively or DIE.

Originally, I read the few chapters available a few months ago, and hoped it would be picked up. So happy!;)

2. Black_Cat

Black_Cat 『The Cat That Leapt Through Time』

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks interesting :hmm:

3. BlaszczeM

BlaszczeM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard this is similar to WMW in some way?

4. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Hope so, I LOVE WMW...but the MC doesn't seem like a psychopath..hopefully per earlier chapter, the MC starts to understand how magic works, and starts making his own super spells..like Leylin.

Nice current chapter on the main villain's viewpoint...like the touch about how the dark elf force is mainly mercenary in nature, so they're thinking reward and cost.

5. abcalltheway

abcalltheway Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

The flaws are actually flawed.. i mean sure normally you wil be shocked and hesitant in killing but since he had played a game that looks exactly like it and he killed TONS of people in game (virtual reality btw) + all his experience since lets say you play in game for 40 years, sure real world might only have gone 8 years or whatever it was in his world but that is still experience like growing old. but in killing "npcs" instead so he doesn't really have such a big problem, same with younger generation being afraid of things like small spiders and bugs? like pls would that happen like 30-40 years ago? not really.... at least not as much.... so you get used to things and with all that experience leads to not really giving a shit about killing like it was more during the medievals or perhaps the viking age for the vikings.

6. abcalltheway

Reading List:
    Link
    same with the ambersword like he has litterally lived in another world for over 100 years, just that it was in VR but it is still "Reality" enough to get used to things especially if you roleplay.

7. awake1122

awake1122 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a story that I had read the first 3 chapters of a long while ago. I've tried to find it several times with the search engine and failed. Hindsight is telling me that I should have asked the forums. But I'm glad that I've not only gotten to read it again, but that it's also being updated too.

8. IICreation

IICreation Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yea i agree with abcalitheway. Like do u feel a thing for the monsters/npcs u kill a in game? and remember this is VIRTUAL REALILtY meaning the npcs were already talking and acting like humans before he transmigrated so they behaved the exact same way. And wasnt he like the best magician? i bet hes probably slaughtered cities/armies of demons since magicians are heavily aoe based

9. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    A review pointed out that he switched to a sword...
    Disappointing

Astaroth likes this.
  10. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Yet he has access to the memories of his host, and so he's at least unconsciously thinking these are real people. I've always had to suspend disbelief in these kinds of stories...self defense is one thing, cutting down people getting in his way is another.

Just a pet peeve of mine, disregarded because I love these kinds of novels. :p

So did emperor of solo play. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2018
  11. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped that

12. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    I certainly wasn't happy with the ending, though it was appropriate..but the battles were EPIC! ;)

13. abcalltheway

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah but that might? maybe? perhaps?? be one of the cases it is easier since he also gets the "mindset" of someone from that time of like war etc. + his already heavy experience = op

14. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, this whole genre require a suspension of disbelief anyway to me. As mentioned it's a pet peeve of mine.

One logical conclusion you can infer...the government would have to ban games with npcs that are "too" realistic, as it might cause hardcore gamers to become unable to distinguish between game and real life, possibly making people with delusional neurological conditions kill people in real life...

I put WAY too much thought into these things! :p

15. abcalltheway

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep you really cant maake it too real and if you do make it like very doll like in older games with less pixels

16. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, but either way, ok for fap...:blobowoevil_horns::facepalm::blobpats::blobhero:

Poor assassins..MC is in for an epic fight...so far he's been getting by on epic battlemage skills..now he's facing a more powerful battlemage...:(

He who casts fastest, wins! Score! Now why do I think Celine is going to be trouble?;)

Sad...

I didn't see a harem tag, so no waifu wars...or not!

;)

Let's hope the revised chappie gets posted too. ;)

Any more spoilers? Pweese? (hoping for Link and Celine...crossing fingers)

Wujigege likes this.
  17. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    None sorry

18. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading machine translation of free chapters now...link is in prolog. :)

Coming up soon...the Battle at the Walls...

Super boost potion-check!
    Super badass spell-check!
    Demon princess transportation-check!

Next time, the battle at the walls!

One more chappie until Link shows off his badassery. ;)

One more...seriously guys, SO worth it...I am excited to read it, as it was thrilling in MTL, and will be better translated. ;)

19. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    "Ok this shit was epic, and I tried my best to portray it so. I even edited the final parts to make it epic."

"The word count also reached epic proportions ;-; just like the fight scenes. I personally edited this chapter myself e.e special chapters deserve special occasions"

WORTH IT. You can imagine the terror of the massive flame burst as it struck the dark elves, and the immediate awe and hope of the defenders as they realized that a tactical class magician is among them. :)

20. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay, arc one is finished! Arc two is great..but a bit of a filler. Link as mercenary was cool, though...:p