Discussion The Dao makes slaves of mortal and immortal alike!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lazriser, Jan 27, 2018.

?

Are you against the Dao or the heavens or perhaps?

1. Against the Dao!

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  2. Against the heavens!

7 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. I am the heavens!

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  4. I am the Dao!

23 vote(s)
    27.4%
  5. Who cares about the Dao and the heavens? I'm only mortal.

50 vote(s)
    59.5%
  1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd always found it interesting that the heavens and the Dao are separate entities, and though both realm higher over all existences in that universe while the former above while the latter beyond; both are conflicting yet synergistic forces if you read enough cultivation tribulations.

Only Dao in most cultivation novels, and I know it goes with their culture, but are there any other origins sources in the universes other than Dao to become eternal and free?

I can't explain it properly, because I'm not that well-versed in the topic, but point I'm trying to make is that mortals (mortal-realm existences) and immortals (immortal-realm existences) are but eternal slaves under the Dao! Yes, though you might have read many quotes about how villainous the heavens are towards mortals, the same can be said to the Dao that reigns supreme and surpasses the heavens!

Man proposes, heaven disposes - the mortal binding of all mortal-realm existences under the heavens!
    To escape such a fate, a mortal must become an immortal, breaking free from the bindings of the heavens, but that is only an illusion of freedom, because even as an immortal, one still undergoes bindings not from the heavens, but the Dao!

Mortals and immortals have misunderstood the heavens, because I think the heavens act only as an enforcer of the Dao! The Dao widens while the heavens narrow to form balance in the universe. I can go on with this, but overall, I'm quite against the Dao, and if the Dao is only the origin source of the universe, or if the Dao is the universe itself, then I shall break the Dao!

Only when one is their own universe can they truly considered free and eternal!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    LilNut and Knifewolf like this.
  2. Disgusting

Disgusting Fetishist

Reading List:
    Link
    Think laws of Nature[DAO]
    vs
    Powerful Entity(s)[Immortals/Heavens]

edit: btw tldr
    Ppe btw lel xd

3. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    I know that, and I've even written that in the first sentence.:blob_coughblood:

juniorjawz likes this.
  4. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Dao of Coughing Blood.
    ___

On that note it's the opposite for some Dao like Dao of Bricks. The bricks are but a slave to beat up some arrogant young master and also gods.

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  5. Disgusting

Disgusting Fetishist

Reading List:
    Link
    Did i not answer your problem?

6. BattleNoob

BattleNoob Founder of the NooB Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Hence The wheel cycle

7. juniorjawz

Reading List:
    Link
    no :cookie:

8. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    You did not, because the heavens are also under the Dao. Read the first sentence again please, because heavens are just a system created by the Dao against mortal-realm existences, and as for the Dao, it shall correspond against immortal-ream existences.
    The Six Paths and Samsara (I'm not sure if both are technically the same, please confirm) are under the Dao as well.
    It's kinda obvious when you read the part that the Dao is the origin source of all in that universe.

9. BattleNoob

Reading List:
    Link
    Yet what if the wheel cycle is one of origin since there not much known yet there is always more than one origin in diffrent place unseen
    It all depends on the first not the origin but that contradict some things I think

10. Disgusting

Disgusting Fetishist

Reading List:
    Link
    As there are laws of nature, there are major ones and subsidiaries.
    Magnetism -> Gravity, Repulsion, etc etc...

Even Daos are the same.
    Dao of the Sword -> Slashing, Piercing(Jabbing), Chopping, etc etc...

To go against the laws of nature means you have to "defeat" every law in existence.
    So the only real way to defeat all laws of nature is to not be apart of nature. To not exist.

TLDR
    Transcend Existence. You can't. Stop being stupid and use ur tiny brains to think critically... Jesus... wasnt real. Badum Tsssssss

Djoty likes this.
  11. juniorjawz

Reading List:
    Link
    Rules of Nature!

Slashes my enemy away.

12. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    The Samsara in general is just a system of how souls flow in the universe, and no, its not an origin source, since it can be destroyed, or are you talking about the Life Wheel?

Also, can you reply to me properly, because I can't get your notification if you post without using the reply function.

13. Disgusting

Disgusting Fetishist

Reading List:
    Link
    As i said, Daos are similarly laws of nature and immortals are just stronger beings. That being said, "heaven" may ormay not be a realm that transcends the "mortal" realm, but it does not matter as the heavens are apart of nature and therefore automatically under the jurisdiction of nature.
    Who ever said "heaven" was above nature?

Btw i dont believe in religions. I stay cult-free.

BattleNoob and Zeraphin like this.
  14. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    Since Dao is basically natural law controlling nearly every aspect in the world, breaking the Dao would result in destruction of nearly everything that makes the world function the way we see it. A scenario worse than the world ending would occur.
    And so 0/10 cultivators recommend breaking the Dao, please continue ceaselessly on your cultivation path and leave the natural law alone.

Djoty and MrSplashy like this.
  15. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Um... this is not a religious topic but strictly fictional, though the basis of said topic is from religious beliefs, but where just discussing cultivation-wise, and as the OP states, if the Dao is the universe, then break the Dao to become eternal and free! But! That will either work by plot or cosmic suicide.
    That's why I'm looking for other origins sources of the universe other than the Dao. This can be solved if we talk about different universes, since it might have a different origin source, but I'm only focusing on the cultivation worlds of one universe.

16. BattleNoob

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry sorry
    Then what is a soul exactly

17. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    isn't Dao just a law? part of more larger law
    you can screw da law by destroying lawmaker and or make new law then problem solved
    heaven is part of law cuz law is nature
    why you can't even understand that?
    samsara or what ever that thing just following nature ~
    so far there no mention new law~
    Dao?
    pfft just flowery word~
    19637.png

MrSplashy likes this.
  18. BattleNoob

Reading List:
    Link
    In a way the word and term heaven was maybe used to give false hope to strive towards something instead of basically nothING like the biggest ex be good and you live in heaven

19. Nyanko

Nyanko Psychotic Cat Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    You're understanding of the concept of Dao is poor. Go pick up the Daodejing and give it a read or two to better understand the concept of the Dao.

Am I a cat dreaming she's a fairy, or am I a fairy dreaming she's a cat dreaming she's a fairy?

20. Phoenix Azrael

Phoenix Azrael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If were talking about specific scenarios, then in DE there was the time during the war when one of the Dao's grew stronger due to the influences on the realm at that time. So in theory you could possibly make a Dao non-existent by destroying anything related to that Dao from that realm.
    Lets face it a realm is its own mini universe so that should be good enough for you right?