The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System fan fiction

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by alexfilia, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Gav

Gav [Fairy of the Garden of Evil]

Reading List:
    Link
    Also a Voltes V session and a Daimos session. G has also done a Voltron session

G's daughters include Selenite and Selenium, both of which have pale hair and dress in white. Princess Serenity and her mom aren't the only pale haired beauties around, lol.

teufel likes this.
  2. Gav

Reading List:
    Link
    /shakes comment box at people while baking cakes on the discord

3. Gav

Reading List:
    Link
    CARROT CAKE
    ATDSVT
    The Liu family (no relation to Liu Qingge) had definitely profited from being related to Liu Cheung, as had their in-laws.

The formerly crippled father, Liu Yi and his wife both looked decades younger, and in their primes as an extreme case of the efficacy of these medicines.

Liu Yun, the eldest son, had been fending off amorous advances from various members of the female population in the town he lived in, and the towns he visited while he was trading with his brothers in law, Lin Xun and Lin Xue.

Liu Yong, Liu Cheung's second elder brother, was also quite sought after right now. Sought after as in, had too much attention from people of both genders to the point that his rather disturbed father was receiving offers for him.

Liu Yun's wife and her family had also benefited from the Qing Jing Peak Lord's... experimentation.

Liu Fen and her husband, and the household concubines were pretty much a poster case for what happened to people on that regimen.

Fei Qilin's own Fei family, the very supportive Guo, Zhuge and Ma clans as well as Shang Bo's (adopted!) siblings had also been dosed. Even those Zhao family members who were close to Zhao Fu and Huang Enlai's surviving siblings who had been kept separate from the rest who now lived in the town closest to Cang Qiong had been uh... dragooned.. into the less potent version of the medicinal regimen that the outer sect disciples were also dosed with.

Because G liked having many human trials. Yes.

These people benefited in the fact that they too had been recipients of the dosage testing for the Ambrosia being brewed earlier. Also they had benefited in terms of trading concessions and near-monopolies.

Just as the outer sect disciples's families which they were on good terms with had benefited, to a lesser degree.

Even those of their kin that Wanyong and Heiying were actually willing to speak for were being looked after, though the meatbuns were naturally circumspect in their choices and Aoguang never bothered to speak in favor of anybody because of his massive issues with his (personally considered to be former) family.

That sort of care and rapid improvement was very quickly noticed.

On one hand, improved health, physical stats and looks were a godsend.

On the other hand this sort of thing was also quite attention grabbing and that came with its own set of problems.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  4. Ease

Ease 『Lone butterfly』『Freeloader』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'M BACK!
    I've finally finished reading WMW and is coming back bearing comments!:blobpats:

For @Gav
    1) RUIN IS THE MOST FUCKING ADORABLE BEING IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE AND WE NEED HIS POV! LIKE ASAP!!

2) Iirc, Sun Jin's real father is the demonic cultivator, right? The Earl (?) was dying and asked his friend, the demonic cultivator, to take his place. I thought he's gonna be a cold face but warm-hearted bastard, but look! He's just an awkward bunny! He's hilarious lol

3) I like LQG's character development. Before, I only see him as a narrow minded character like any other actual righteous cultivators who think the demons are always the worst of beings. But now, with Metaria the cutest smoke bundle ever, his view is turned upside down, and I wish he'll improve and not have a rigid mindset who can't accept that he's wrong.

4) Speaking of Metaria, DAMN GIRL IS THE MOST CUDDLY SMOKE I'VE EVER SEEN!

5) Speaking of children, why was it that Necron tried to stop G from having more child after the third daughter? But but but... G has 7 777 777 children now.... what is this event?

6) Finally, we got the Emperor's POV. Yay for the wise Emperor! It's good that he doesn't go hostile against G, that's just gonna be stupid. I agree with his decision on trying to pair his daughters up with him. I know that G is never a monogamous, always believe that it's okay to marry with multiple people at the same time. I recall G saying that the smallest number he has ever sees is three people, marrying each other. Alas, if the people in the world, including the Emperor, actually has brains to use, they'll know that Yue is G's weakness. If a girl wants to marry into the family, she need to first get hold of Yue's heart. If Yue give in, then G will definitely join in the fun. But Yue always believe that Dao companions are to be loyal to each other. So maybe an addition into the family is too far into the future :blobpopcorn_cool:

What else do I miss?:hmm:
    I think there are too many arcs right now, with too many characters. I can't remember most of them actually:blobsweat_2:. Imo, it's better if the characters from the finished arcs never to be brought up again. Like that Liu and Shang Bo's families. I know that they can glorified G but G's already as glorious as he can be.:blobangel:

For @Valor

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE ENDING OF THE SECOND ARC! Damn they are the sweetest couple ever! If I didn't ship SQQ with LBH, I'll be shipping these two. But I do wonder how did Yue track Shen down? He's everywhere and Shen is so flustered!:blobowoevil_horns:
    I am sooo looking forward for the next arc. I think Yue's and Liu's POVs will be interesting. Will there be others too?
    Wating patiently for the next update:blobicecreamlove:

Edit: I forgot to mention this. That backstory about the Qiu Family, the psychological impact is very convincing! Idk if it's actually happen in the canon, but the event and the narration led me to believe that someone in that situation will grow up with twisted mind. Everything you know is a lie. The fact that you've always believe is a lie. Your live is a lie.

We both have no parents, have no background, have nothing. Why is it then... that you are given a choice that I don't have?
    I think this very mindset is fitting to the past Shen, towards LBH, and maybe towards Yue who he hates but also loves at the same time.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    Kitama and Valor like this.
  5. Gav

Reading List:
    Link
    Allow me to address your comments now that I have wifi once more.
    1. Ruin and Metaria are made of adorable forever.
    2.Yes, Sun Jin's real dad is the demonic cultivator aka awkward bunny.

3.G did not have 7,777,777 kids in one lifetime. He had them over the course of multiple Games aka multiple lifetimes. The problem is the particular species G was in the Game Necron took her to task in has a fertility cap for the girls. You go over a certain amount of babies and you die in childbirth. Anything over 3 kids is gambling russian roulette.

4. The families being mentioned are bait for the faceslapping arcs.

But if you don't want faceslapping arcs, well..

Ease likes this.
  6. Ease

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL I actually enjoy the face-slapping. If the families are relevant, then that's okay. It's just that I can't remember even some of buns' name, let alone their families.:blobsweat_2:

7. Gav

Reading List:
    Link
    That's okay.
    The thing is, G by himself has no inclination for faceslapping. The only thing that motivates him to troll and curbstomp is a threat aimed at people he values. Or the people they value.
    If I left G alone, the fic would end up with G talking Yue into retiring from being the sect master so they can cuddle 24/7. :V
    /making more cakes.
    /will probably switch to chinese new year themed stuff and maybe valentines day themed stuff starting feb 14!

Ease likes this.
  8. teufel

teufel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh G... Human trials!! :blobrofl::blobrofl: LOL
    That sounds like something an evil scientist would do.. but since it's G, it's for their own good!

Gav likes this.
  9. Gav

Reading List:
    Link
    Excuse you. G may seem heroic but G's forum title was evil overlord!
    Also, I need a beta. :V

teufel likes this.
  10. teufel

teufel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with "overlord", but "evil" is at least only part-time :blobowoevil_horns:

11. Gav

Reading List:
    Link
    G: :blob_coughblood::blobsob:But... But my title!

IzKir and teufel like this.
  12. Gav

Reading List:
    Link
    MIŚERABLE CAKE
    ATDSVT
    Not all the people who had ties or could claim to have ties to the people at Qing Jing Peak or Cang Qiong Mountain sect had profited from the connection to the extent others had, or had profited at all — to the latter group's great disgruntlement.

For instance, the Zhou family from which Zhou Hui came from were out of luck as the Qing Jing Peak Lord clearly disliked them for not taking good enough care of his disciple's sister, even endangering her. Constantly.

This made the males of the family noticeably bitter and they took it out on the women who they felt had lost them very good chances. The women on the other hand blamed both Zhou Hui and his sister, who had left their family. They had also attempted to look for Zhou Yu Sue but word was she had left the man they had married her to and no one knew where she was now.

The Yun clan also had the right to claim ties to Qing Jing's inner disciples through Yun Shengtian's marriage to one of Liu Cheung's siblings. They too, had profited. However a courtyard house, a garden of rare and profitable plants and a one off payment was small compared to what they felt they could get, and so it had eventually been decided that there might be a visit to Liu Fen to see if they could deepen their familial ties. After all the children should be old enough by now to see their uncles, right?

Dong Zhuo (the third!) was more contented with his lot, and sought no connection with Cang Qiong but he had no problem 'praising' the Peak Lord because of the land and shops and houses that he had gotten for his family out of selling Shang Ling Mei back to her brother, Shang Bo. He was perfectly happy and sought no further advancement.
    However, unbeknownst to him, his words,the words of the Yun Clan who had also profited by having their son marry into Liu Fen's household and the rumors about the benefits received by certain clans connected to Qing Jing's inner sect had been among the reasons why the Emperor had sought to have the Qing Jing Peak Lord enter the Court in the first place, ignorant of the time bomb he had opened his doors to.

No, not just opened his doors. The time bomb he had tried to pull into his Court, rather.

SPONGE CAKES
    ATDSVT
    One of the easiest ways to gain an influence or some kind of tie to a person from Cang Qiong would be to claim they were related and fake or unearth some kind of evidence, right?

However, Wang An clearly stated his only relative was his Shifu. Yang Dewei's opinion was the same. Anyone trying to claim to be their family or worse, trying to claim a relation and ties with Huang Enlai or Shang Bo would immediately get tossed out of the gates. Or kicked down a cliff, depending on the mood.

The rumor was, don't even think about claiming relations with Shen Qingqiu, because you would be beaten to a pulp by black clad vigilantes.

Wu Gui was absolutely adamant that his entire family must have been wiped out, and given that his family had been openly seen as undead revenants tearing apart the nomads who had caused their deaths, no one in their right mind would ever fake being one of them. Everyone knew the dead would hunt them down and murder them for that sin or the sin of trying to fake a previous betrothal using forged documents.

Another way to quickly get influence was to marry into it, right?!

As it was, Chen Wanyong was out of the question and could not be approached as the ladies of Xian Shu Peak had laid a claim on him. Though Guo Minghua seemed to be trying to get him even more women.

One might wonder why? Was he voracious?

Guo Minghua himself had a long list of requirements for a spouse of any gender. And he intended to have more than one spouse if possible.

Bravery, Intelligence, Resourcefulness, Practicality, Loyalty, Altruism, Empathy, Compassion, Modesty, Ethics, Politeness, Propriety, Good Manners, Fastidiousness, and a fine sense of humor and grasp of details. These were equally as important as a friendly relationship and camaraderie with his sect, his family, and his peak lord.

Right now, he seemed to be trying out a... friendly relationship with Lady Changying of Heaven Crushing Mountains Sect. It was an unusual set of circumstances to say the least, as Guo Minghua was the very picture of a celestial, androgynous beauty, while Lady Changying actually looked like the very epitome of women's wet dreams. In short, at the first glance, one could say that the male looked like a female and the female looked like a male. There were bets made in very bad taste about who would be pushing down whom.

Guo Minghua bore these bad jokes and his own family's surprised and rather disturbed looks with equanimity.

After all, nice looks could easily be attained by creative use of medicines and were just the play of skin and muscle over bones. It was what was inside that counted the most.

Wang An was rumored to be courting three male brides at the same time from 'minor' noble families, two of whom were cultivators from the defunct Purple Cloud Chasing Peak Sect. There might be a fourth on the way but nothing was certain.

Sun Jin was both gay and taken, in a relationship with Chen Daomei, who was quite besotted with him. No one even thought seriously over trying to split them up because any attempt to do so would be cruising for a bruising. From two peaks, to boot. That would be twice the mauling for the price of one incident.

Huang Enlai had some women who he had already decided to marry as his brides. Women who he had rescued from the horrors of that Beizhi whom no one ever wanted to name again. He was assiduously courting all of them with great care and consideration and their families were under his personal aegis- something they were quite happy with.

He didn't seem to be willing to look further than his ladies.

Ma Kong's family would have wanted to get him a good match, but the boy was obviously mooning over some girl who by horrible chance was dating his senior brother. Ma Kong's own father and uncles had attempted to broach the subject but the boy looked so pitiful they had to leave.

Then there was Li Aoguang whose maternal Li clan were prospering from his attentiveness. Li Aoguang who seemed to have no interest in anyone from a 'good' family and who was visiting brothels. Li Aoguang the Tomcat.

Mo Heiying had no interest in marriage as of yet, fending off offers right and left as politely as possible. Profiting from marrying his cousins would be far more likely than from marrying him, if his avoidance of entanglements was any indication.

Yang Dewei, Liu Cheung, Shang Bo, Zhao Fu, Zhou Hui, Zhu Liang and Fei Qilin were all unmarried but did not seem to be in any hurry to consider offers.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  13. Ease

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought only Wang An has a healthy sex life while others abstinenced themselves. :blobsweat_2:
    I kinda want all the dirty details, but the ladies serving might not be interesting to read.

This is hilarious ohmygod!:blobrofl::blobrofl: It gives such a funny image in my mind hahahahah

14. Gav

Reading List:
    Link
    Aoguang is BI. So it's more like pretty males and females serving.

Ease likes this.
  15. Gav

Reading List:
    Link
    SOUFFLE CAKES
    ATDSVT- The G Side
    The problem with being used to looking after an entire guild, and a ton of NPCs for each game is this. I've gotten used to looking after lots of people. It's instinct by now.

I've gotten used to making sure that my Players and NPCs are healthy, safe and sound. I'm used to looking after NPCs from childhood. While this and the fact that my skills are maxed out to support people would normally be good, here, they come with some disadvantages.

The first is that I have this innate urge to know where everything and everyone that is mine... Or in this case, Cang Qiong is Yue's sect. Yue is mine. Thus, by the law of transposition, anything that is Cang Qiong's is mine. And I look after what is mine. I make sure everything and everyone that is mine is fed, clothed, safe, healthy. And when it comes to the NPCs important to my bros and me, my instinct is to make sure that they also have whatever they want that I can give ...within reason.

That means for my buns and meatbuns, and Yue, I am inclined to try and build them a nice and comfortable nest and then try to support them in style, preferably in the best luxuries with every piece of equipment, every artifact, every asset and contingency and 'cheat' I can make for them.

I'm also inclined to equip my outer sect minions with what equipment my minions from the Games should have had, because of the nagging feeling that demands I take care of them because no matter how stupid they are, they are also mine. Then there is also the urge to take care of the people the outer and inner sect disciples care about, because those are also by extension, mine.

The problem is, Yue Qingyuan owns a sect. That means eleven other Peaks full of people. People who are Yue's and thus, also mine by extension. Another part of that problem is that I don't trust any of the other ten Peak Lords or their closest henchmen. Ahem. Disciples. Yes.

Especially not that Cockblock, Liu Qingge.

Yes, the capslock is intentional. He deserves it. And yes, I am bearing a grudge because of all the times his shenanigans ruined my cuddletime. And the times when he keeps agitating me and lecturing me and driving me crazy . He also deserves my grudges.

This urge to protect and look after what is mine... is a problem when the outside world is full of human-shaped vipers and crabs. And I'm not speaking about the demons, either.

I'm speaking about my fellow cultivators, about the nobles, the Imperial Family, and even the populace in general. Maybe not all the populace but definitely a large portion of the people I have already met.
    Of course, that also leads me to the second problem which is really a corollary of the first. And that is, it is also my instinct to fort up, and pull everything that is mine inside nice, strong walls, and then nest on them. Continually.

This means I literally need to know where everyone related to me in any way. through any tie, is at any time. It's like the urge to continually check the map to see where my team is. It drives me up the wall to have what is mine out of my sight. And I need to know that they're all safe, and I need to know that they're all sound and I need to know that they're all provided for. All of them.

I would call it OCD but it involves people, not items.

As a result of these horrible, horrible urges, I have had no choice but to turn Cang Qiong's Peaks into a goddamn fortress/dungeon. That means my first task was to make sure the food and raw materials had dependable sources. That is exactly why Qing Jing is riddled with portals leading to pocket dimensions, many of which are gardens and farms which produce every resource I could think of.

And I do mean EVERY RESOURCE. Including item drops from this or that Beast. Including all the VROF resources. And all the loot I've earned from the System by making envs and civs for it.

Loot which these people should appreciate and which they can use.

And that is also why I am quietly internally combusting over the fact that Liu Qingge is cockblocking me from setting up even more of them all over Cang Qiong's other Peaks. Well, him and the other peak lords. You would think that they would have a bit of faith, but no. No. I'm dying inside from nerves and the nagging little voice telling me this is not well supplied enough and they're not letting me add the things I want to add. I have to go behind their backs for everything.

They're all dicks.

You FUCKERS, just... Just Shut UP and let me BUILD THINGS, GODDAMNIT!

...At least Yue is reasonable. Some days I think he's the only one.

Man-eating monsters, man-eating plants, horrible traps of all kinds from lava pools to acid, to formations and arrays, anything and everything that is capable of repelling and slaying invaders. I've had to lay them all out around this entire territory.

And that's just for the defenses of the Sect itself.
    Now, this leads me to corollary three. Logically speaking, all my buns, meatbuns, my peons and minions... That is to say, the outer sect members... All of these have or had families.

It's ironic that it is all very well for the good of the Sect if they're orphans, but if they have families, those families are weak points. If they have friends out of the Sect, then the friends are weak points. Wang An knows I've taken Enlai's siblings under my wing. Heiying thinks it is because I'm a soft touch.

No. It's because blood relatives are a very, very bad weak point indeed, since the law of contagion allows me to create plagues to kill people based on their DNA.

Sworn brotherhood? If it's out of this sect, it is a weak point. There is a very good reason I have insisted on keeping an eye on all of their relatives whether or not I am helping them. There is also a very good reason I have mass produced the resurrection beads. That is because it is safer to keep everyone alive and within my range and the beads anchor my range and my reach to them, allowing me to mount a rescue at any point in time if I have enough firepower.

Do you have any idea how many people I can kill just with ritual magic and the laws of affinity and similarity? Particularly through blood relatives?

I could wipe out entire lineages. Like Dresden and his overkill.
    Now, the thing is, I don't really want to have to go genocide on everything, okay?

I would like to have a nice quiet life, cuddling Yue.

But no.

No, things will never be that simple, because fucking stupid, shitty, greedy, jealous, envious people.

Fuckers.

So. I turned the nearest village into a town. And then built it further up into a city. Then further up into a walled, fortress trading city, with actual arrays and formations and enough curses to make a lot of sects in the Jianghu and in the cultivators very, very nervous and very, very intimidated. There are prisons out there to hold demonic cultivators with less safeguards than my that city.

Why?

Because I needed a place to put the families of my inner and outer sect disciples. That's why. And then they married so now I have to keep minimal surveillance at least, on all their in-laws.

I swear, on the bad days, I think it would be better to just go full Overlord and take over, but then I remember that a. the casualties would be horribly high with a lot of dead innocents, b. the System still needs those vipers, c. my actual power level is lower than my Avatar Skin had been and I'm still upgrading this body to match.

Plus, d. It wouldn't be worth the effort because to properly make this place make some sense, I would have to kill 90% of the adults and start from scratch. With the kids.

Too much work for too little gain.

No, I will stick to surveillance and safeguards.
    My original plan was actually to just build villages around the whole set of peaks, then upgrade them to towns and further to cities and finally to Fortress Trade Cities. I would have been covered once everyone I needed to keep an eye on was inside. Including the entire clans of my buns.

Alas, Liu Qingge ruined everything, by pointing out that the local nobles would naturally take offense over someone setting up even more new cities and more importantly, moving in entire noble families from other provinces without asking them.

He's right, blast his eyes.

If it was just commoners, then the native nobles might just ask for a cut or a bribe so they profit from the new cities. The new cities aren't going to be that much of a problem on their own. But this involves moving entire clans with influence of their own so that option.. I can't use it unless I have my own leverage that doesn't involve eradicating the opposition because bribes only work temporarily, and not permanently. Which means that they would keep demanding concessions and bribes from me and from the sect.

Pay the Danegeld, never get rid of the Dane. I generally don't like nobles. I haven't exactly seen the best of them with my drones, after all. Slippery as eels.

Plus, there was that incident when I tried to barricade Liu Qingge in while he was cultivating so I could do the work anyway, but alas, Yue walked in on me when I was adding the finishing touches to it.

That disappointed face of his.... I caved so fast.

16. Gin_Seishin

Gin_Seishin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, I came across this thread and I must say the fanfics are all really good :)(y)

IzKir, Gav, Valor and 1 other person like this.
  17. Valor

Valor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will make an effort to stop slacking, haha...

The Naïve System's Villain Reformation Plan
    Arc 3: The Grumpy Cat Arc
    Chapter 15
    When one of Ju Juliang’s oldest drinking buddies expressed some concern over the mental state of his head disciple, Ju Juliang watched the densest woman he has the pleasure to know knock back another shot and knew that something needed to be done. About Yue, not his drunk best friend. The solution to the latter was, as always, ‘get just as drunk.’

As Yue’s Master...er, wait wrong, let’s make it...as Sect Master, Ju Juliang needs to be able to look out for his disciples. Especially if one of them is so emotionally upset to the point of moping about the Peaks with a perpetual cloud of gloom following him. It’s distressing to all onlookers.

Now, the Cang Qiong Sect Master is widely known to be a frivolous person. It is ...not false, but Ju Juliang knows how to take matters seriously. And his disciple’s happiness is truly the most serious matter there is.

So that’s why he sneaks out of the sect and into a fortune-teller booth one day. He is very serious when he asks, “Miss Fortune Teller, please let me know how to make my disciple happy again.” After a second thought, Juliang decides he is not one to miss opportunities and so adds, “Also what are tomorrow’s winning lotto numbers?”

The fortune teller’s face is suitably impassive and stone-cold. There’s a high chance that this one really does predict the future. Juliang can’t help but feel satisfied with himself.

The fortune teller points at the table. “Three regular spirit stones.”

“Done,” Ju Juliang slides the currency onto the mahogany.

“Hm,” after some eyeballing, the fortune teller starts consulting her crystal ball. “...Your disciple will find the one he seeks at Kunlun Mountains.”

Juliang nods, and waits. And waits. And suddenly realization dawns.

“...That’s it? So easy?” Ju Juliang startles. “Then, pretty young Miss, what about the lotto?”

Without another word, the fortune-teller slams down the partition. Rude.

On his way back, Ju Juliang did some serious thinking. Kunlun Mountains, Kunlun Mountains...wait, isn’t that where the Shrine of the Cat God is?

Could it be....that Yue fell in love with a priestess of the feline deity? And she, loyal to her duties, therefore had to reject him harshly? Also, there’s a head priest who really hates Yue’s charming and gentle nature, perhaps because he likes the priestess himself, and so he whisked the priestess away and locked her in the temple? Meanwhile, Yue, wallowing in heartbreak, went back one day to find that his beloved is no longer anywhere to be found?

Ju Juliang feels his blood pumping as he returns to the Sect. Such amazing drama! Juliang has to know how this ends!

“Little Yue~!” He calls, immediately upon return. Hm? The other Peak lords seem harried? Well, it’s none of Juliang’s business. “Little Yue, please take some disciples on an experiential learning trip!”

Yue, such an obedient child, immediately cups his palms upon recognizing his Sect Master. “Yes, Master.” Yue’s eyes are still red, rimmed with a touch of sadness; Juliang’s heart hurts for him, it really does. Yue also looks confused, “Master, it appears the other Peak Lords are looking for you. Did you by any chance slip out without anyone knowing again…?”

Juliang barks out two laughs. Ah. Haha. “Yue,” he whispers furtively. “Field them for Master, won’t you?”

“Okay, Master,” Yue’s brows set into a determined frown. Such a good kid. Really, such a good kid! Juliang nods inwardly. Go fight for that priestess! Master supports you all the way!

(If, and this is an ‘if,’ his dear disciple had also gone around muttering about setting emotional traps while moping, well. Another duty of a master was to keep his disciple’s secrets, mhm. So ask Ju Juliang all you want, he knows nothing!)

But, in all honesty, Juliang wasn’t expecting his dear disciple to come back from the mountain with a quiet scholar of a boy.

…Did Yue bring back the head priest??

o-o-o-o-o-o

“‘Shen Jiu’ is still on the ‘Wanted’ list, so you won’t be able to use that name…”

“Hm.”

“What was it that man was calling you? ‘Qingqiu’…?”

“Xiu Shangtian? Yeah, he thought it was funny. ‘Qingqiu’ works.”

“No, let’s not. You’re not going to get a name that makes you think of something bad.”

“It doesn’t matter anymore. I’d also rather not have to answer to more than two names in this lifetime.”

“….if you say so. Shen Qingqiu?”

“Yeah?”

“Well, I suppose if it works…you have to let me know if it makes you uncomfortable. I can’t fix anything if you don’t tell me! Even if it’s at one in the morning!”

“Qingyuan, keep walking.”

“Haha~”

o-o-o-o-o-o

“Master, please allow Qingqiu to study under Cang Qiong.” Yue’s palms are cupped, and he’s currently positioned in a bow. Ju Juliang, however, is looking at Yue’s new little friend, a ‘Qingqiu.’

‘Qingqiu’ looks for all intents and purposes like a quiet, well-learned child. Ju Juliang isn’t a Sect Master for nothing, though, because that body language (albeit toned way down, he’ll give this ‘Qingqiu’ that) is one ready to flee at any moment. A quick overview shows that the only weapon this child has in his possession is a blunted dagger.

(Privately, Juliang thinks this is fitting. There’s something muted about this child’s energy signature, a fogginess on the edge of this child’s outline. This phenomenon usually appears in the auras of people who had lost everything, or those who were nearing the end of their life. Juliang wonders what this means.)

But enough serious thoughts. This scene….

Ju Juliang suddenly wants to have some fun. Surely, as Yue’s master, he can play around just a little?

“Little Yue, don’t be hasty! You’re being too irresponsible.” Juliang scolds suddenly, “What will you feed him?”

Yue blinks, once. Truly, Juliang can imagine the question mark hovering over Yue’s head. It's so amusing. “Master, I will of course introduce Qingqiu to the cafeteria.”

“Naturally,” Juliang concedes this point. Hm, that was an easy one. His next response needs to be something tougher to answer, like… “But if he joins the sect now he’ll be a few months behind the newest batch of disciples. He’ll be very behind and without peers. It's much better for him to go through official channels, like our sect’s next recruitment.” Juliang also grabs a paper to write on as he talks.

“Master,” assures Yue with a serious and determined face, “Qingqiu is very quick to pick up concepts. I guarantee he won't have any problems. I will also help him acclimate.”

“Then where will he stay?” Juliang says, still feeling argumentative, in the middle of writing up a notice to the Logistics Department. He's such a good master, yep.

“Oh! I was thinking Qingqiu and I can share a room for now. Don't worry, Master, I'll be sure to arrange everything!” Juliang appends his signature to the end of the paper, and hands the paper to Yue.

“Well, since you thought it all out…” Juliang sighs dramatically. “I suppose you can-- wait, share a room?” Juliang blinks at the sudden idea.

Yue has already picked up the Sect Master’s memo and dragged his quiet friend out, a cheery “Thanks, Master! I'll make the arrangements!” lingering in his wake.

(During the talk)
    【Wow…I didn’t know the old Sect Master was so fatherly!】
    Shen: That’s… not the word I’d use.
    (Writer: …Meow ฅ(*ΦωΦ*) ฅ)

(A week after)
    Logistics Peak Head: Sect Master, I’m glad you’re thinking about conserving money, but how about you start with your drinking habits and not by denying your own head disciple another bed? They’re both growing boys!
    Ju Juliang: …whut.

Writer’s Note: Etymology of ‘Qingqiu’ (thanks to @Gav !)
    Origins: Xiu Shangtian’s poor sense of extremely unsavory humor
    The ‘qiu’ in ‘Qingqiu’ sounds phonetically similar to (and may even be the same as) the ‘Qiu’ in ‘Qiu Clan.’ Those bastards D:<

once again, let me know if there are mistakes!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Azurite, readerz, wraven881 and 10 others like this.
  18. Valor

Valor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yue's infinite wisdom will all be revealed!! In one or two more chaps, haha. Please lie in wait!

So the polls chose the partner to be
    the tsun Liu Qingge
    but can I interest you in platonic-soulmates! Yue and Shen?

The majority of POVs will be outsiders and OCs, but Yue and Liu will also feature! It might be something like ch15, or it might be something with a narrator.

Thanks :blobmelt:! I had hoped to come up with a suitably convincing reason why SQQ turned from this kid who protected Yue into such a jackass, and I'm glad it worked. Also, thanks for commenting!

PS @Gav I think I'd also like a Ruin POV :cookie:
    Ahhh~~~ It's been such a long time since all these buns have been gathered together!!! :blobmelt: (Enlai, stay loyal like that, you the best.) They've all grown though, and this is such a strange feeling....<3 good work everyone!

Guo Minghua, are you or are you not the one who goes around preaching etiquette to everyone :blobhero:? If so, you're presenting a strong case for second favorite, keep it up (y)

19. Gin_Seishin

Gin_Seishin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will there be any rivalry between Liu and Yue, like Liu thinking that Yue also likes Shen or Yue thinking that his best friend is being stolen from him?

Fuyuneko and Valor like this.
  20. Valor

Valor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yue will have a few...opinions about this turn of events, mhm. Actually, Yue's true rival in being SQQ's platonic support will be LBH. Now that's a whole 'nother can of worms.