Magic Association Magic Association - Event Hall

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by The Everdistant Utopia, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Unreachable Hope

Unreachable Hope Unspecified, Wandering and Doubtful Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Geez, if it continues like this, I am going to strip you~"

That's hilarious... we don't have any bandages, and I don't have clothes !
    So, what can help me to bandage myself ? Well, obviously, his clothes... I already have his small coat so... well, that is just how it is but... arg... next time, I would play by morning not night... but it doesn't feel amusing fooling around in the morning...

"Anyway, thank you for this~"

Bandaging my shoulder, I sighed as I ignored the pain~ well, having fun is often provoking pain... since you get into troublesome situations however, I saw two spiders and Loghaic just said that we should get away... no wonder we should ! Spiders damn it !
    They are so... uruuuuuuuuu... and on top of that they are probably poisonous ! UUUUUUUUU...

"Holy sh-"

Hiiii... calm down...
    Just launch a spell... just one... right this one !

"I shall purify,
    All the harms,
    With a battlecry,
    And our coat of arms

Is tainted with blood,
    Is slaying our opponents,
    Which are becoming a flood,
    Thy is your atonement."

"<Wind Slash>"

Suddenly a wind burst with mana was launched toward the spider however... it only cut one leg... and then nothing else...

"Haaaa... that was so useless..."

2. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    [West Zone] - Slay the Sewer Invaders

Blasted! The lass' spell be useless. That really reminded me how bad she be with offensive spell. Once again, she be not a frontliner, which I understand. But come on, lass! A spell that only cut one leg? Ye be pullin me beard!

"Adiana, step back!"

I stepped on the ground, invokin me spell to summon pillars to block their entry into the house. I also use me Echo Earth spell to look fer any enemies.....Aye, we be doomed if we stay here. The spiders be tryin to enter the house. The main reason being that we be the only one around here. I suppose one way or another they had detected us. In short, we are surrounded. From surrounded by ta' rats to surrounded by spiders. Aye, bad. Very bad.

I kept swingin me hammer left an' right to kill anything closin in to us. They splattered right away, but the number be increasin fer each second. Come on, ye fool. Think for a plan. Any plan!...Oh, wait....blasted...why be that plan? Urgh! Blasted! If she be angry at me, so be it. A slap or two on me cheeks be better than becoming spider feed.

"Okay, sorry fer this, Adiana," I said as I lifted her body an' proceed to carry her, bridal style. Truly fortunate that she be light. I be keepin that fact to meself. "Hang on tight! This be a rough ride!"

I put mana into me whole body, strengthenin me whole limbs. And next I also put another part of me mana onto me skin, turnin them into iron, as hard as it cou'. Next.....the worst part.

"Brace yerself, Adiana."

I slammed me foot onto the ground and then let a large pillar arise in front of me. Then I pointed me back to the pillar after puttin a lot of mana into the pillar. What came next be somethin surprisin. The pillar pushed me who was carryin the lass outside of the house with a very large momentum, crushin any monster on our way. In a few second, the both of us be outside. I do hope she be all right. And...she be far from angry at me.

@Unreachable Hope

3. Unreachable Hope

Reading List:
    Link

I am so damned useless ! Geez, why did I even learnt that spell ! I couldn't help but feel embarrassed of showing something so pathetic ! Haaaaaaa.... please... ki- no no no, don't actually ! Not yet ! I am too young for this ! Hell, if my parents knew about this, they may wage war these bastards...

Stepping back, I just continued to lament about my lack of offensive power which was ridiculous when thinking that Wind Slash was the first spell I learnt after Heal which is... uhm... passable as a healer... I only looked at what he was do-

"W-wHat the f-fuck ?!"

W-w-w-w-w-w-what are you freaking doing ?! Lifting me like this is... that's dangerous damn it ! The worst is that I currently have your coat ! What would it make me look like ?! Damn you ! Damn you ! I am gonna cut your manhood after this !
    Come on ! There is a better idea than that ! Crushing into another house by using Gust ! I would prefer to !
    If it was in my country, you would have been hanged for carrying me this way ?! Alright ! Maybe I exaggerate a bit ! But but but !
    Being forced to hold onto him, I couldn't help but give up as he...

"Haaaaaaaa !"

...why is he speeding up now ?! He is going to regret it ! I swear ! He will damn it ! Right, let's just creep him for now, so he can be prepared to know my wrath ! I am going to train at Wind Slash !
    Alright... take a deep breath... calm and cold voice... try to look like Mom... just like this !

"It's quite unfortunate, you have made a great mistake."

You will regret it.
    That will be the only oath I shall respect during all of my life~
    The only one !
    Haaa... finally outside !

"Now you can put me down."

No no no, I won't start right away~ be wary~

4. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    [South Zone] Slay the Sewer Invaders (Joan/Nana)

"I see..." Joan felt sad, as was rather visible by the pose of her tail and ears.

"Take care, Silvia~" Joan returned the hug, then waived at Nana to go.

Jumping off the protrusions on nearby walls, Joan arrived again at the rooftops, followed by ravens and her power hoard pets.

"So what now?~" (Nana)

"Scout for a good place where the bastards are coming from. We're getting in from there." (Joan)

"Roger~" Nana acknowledged and dispersed into ravens, spreading out in seven directions.

From the air, the ravens spotted something unusual. Most of the monsters were gathered in the West Area, as were the majority of guards. The East Side was still active with people running in various directions, chased by smaller amounts of mutant beasts, with hardly any protection. Some buildings were aflame here and there, but not as much as the South Area, which sported a patchwork of flaming buildings and rubble extending half-way to the gate, starting from the Association Headquarters.

Hey, isn’t that the Alchemist’s Shop?

Yes, that building beside it with the large hole must be where they are coming from.

Wow, that’s a lot! Heading north?

That’s the Lord’s Mansion, right?

Surround the plaza, and tell Joan.

Let’s tell Joan!

“Alchemist!” cawed the raven on the catgirl’s shoulder, as she was plunging into giant lizard, blade first.

“You found something?” (Joan)

“Caw!”

“Take me there.” (Joan)

She activated her half-moon, and powered in up with the Full Moon to increase the speed of her entire body, allowing her to speed through above the city. It would otherwise be hard to reach a place in the exact opposite direction she was headed. On the way she passed by the Association Headquarters, which was surrounded by a ring of flames, corpses and rubble. A number of mutants were still assaulting haphazardly there, but it would seem Silvia and the rest were taking good care of that.

Upon arrival she saw a circle of ravens harassing a large crowd of monsters down below, who were uselessly jumping around and clawing at the air. Just in time to spot a Lesser Sewer Elemental inside the makeshift exit of the building, as well. Order returned to the rabble and they split into streams heading out into the streets. Back on the rooftop Joan sighed, and prepared her pistol.

“We should take care of that elemental first, else we’d just get overwhelmed.” (Joan)

“Me! Me!” the raven asserted.

“Ok, I’ll leave it to you. Run away if you find yourself in trouble.” Joan let Nana do as she pleases, and readied herself to shoot. She picked the largest gathering, which was obviously going to the Lord’s Mansion, and jumped around the rooftops to get a better shooting position, narrowly dodging a magic missile, reeking of filth.

“Nanaaa!” (Joan)

Meanwhile Nana flew straight toward the Sewer Elemental, dodging the aforementioned missile with finesse, then disappearing into the shadows behind it. Now that it was dark enough she was in her element. Turning into an ethereal creature, she got herself ready, clad her bill in spirit slicing darkness, and stealthily got around the confused elemental’s back.

The creature lost its leg seemingly out of nowhere and hastily called its minions back to itself for protection. Nana, noticing this waited a bit, perched near the ceiling, and waited a bit for the monsters to gather.

The elemental was wailing, and pointing around, which its minions mindlessly followed, sniffing out the air, for their enemy.

Couldn’t be more perfect! Nana thought, slicing the elemental in half, then clawing it in raven form for good measure, before running off outside the hole and into the air.

At that time Joan was busy firing fireballs at the horde gathering around the ruined building, causing further chaos among the now confused again creatures. She barely noticed a giant lizard that managed to climb up on the roof behind her. This would have proven fatal, if the raven twin didn’t appear right at that moment, slicing its neck apart with a cheerful expression.
    “Safe~” (Nana)

“Thanks! Are you ready to slice through?” (Joan)

“Yep! After you, Joan~” (Nana)

“Just watch my back, while you’re trailing behind!” (Joan)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  5. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    [East Zone] - Slay the Sewer Invaders
    Seeing that everything was alright at the plaza and no monsters were attacking, we decided to clear the nearby sewers of monsters after reporting the previous quest. Removing a small portion of the ice wall, Glace let Sroska throw some explosions(five of them) inside to deal with nearby mobs. After going inside the sewer, the wall was reformed to prevent any backdoor ambushes.
    Corpses littered the sewer surface, mutilated by the explosions. Glace made both him and Sroska float up in the air to avoid the pollution while Momo converted back to eight-crow-form.
    They decided to head towards the association, as it was obvious that most mobs were near there.
    Most mobs consisting of groups of dozen rats proved no challenge as they were instantly frozen or slashed away by highly concentrated wind. The occasional spiders got destroyed by two or so explosions in the middle of there cluster.
    ---After some time---
    "So how did a wind elemental known to be pure got so dirtied, ?" Sroska asked while preparing exploding formations. Glace and group was currently fighting a wind elemental and some crazy rats. Glace had already applied resonance to all of them and was disabling there movements using ice and strong winds. The lesser elemental could resist a little and casted wind blades that basically tickled Glace as they were nothing compared to winds in his village. Momo was forbidden from using blood magic to prevent any contact with pollution and as such only assasinated enemies with a dagger she carried with herself. The skeletals still formed a defense line for the magicians. After all mobs were destroyed, the lesser elemental easily died upon being ganged up on. All it's spells proved useless in front of Glace's wind control. Having cleared nearby sewers they reported the completion of the task

Kysil, AliceShiki, Kuma Desu and 4 others like this.
  6. Kuma Desu

Kuma Desu Holy Architect | Defender of Children | Clozdark's

Reading List:
    Link
    South Zone ~ Slaying the Invaders

Hmmm… There seems to some some uproar outside.

I wonder what it is~

Eh, people are running around the streets while fleeing from monsters!?

I should help, I guess… Or should I just stay in the inn… I mean, I’m in the middle of my tea time and the door of the in is locked tight, so it should be alr-

*crash*

Ah~ I just had to jinx it.

“D-don’t come here!” The innkeeper was yelling to the creatures while wielding a broom. Hmm… that’s kind of stupid… Who’d use a broom to fight those things.

Yeah, I should definitely help.

I may not have any offensive magic, but druids from Belgard aren’t shabby!

“Sorry~” I said as I hand chopped the innkeeper, making him faint and taking the broom in his hands after throwing him back.

Now, now… on to deal with those mobs… First I should take off the end of the broom to make it easier to wield. It seems to be made of good wood, but broke easily in my hands.

Without losing time after that, I swung the makeshift staff, knocking down the creatures at the door.

Hmmm… It seems there’s no problem in dealing with them using brute force~

Well, since I found myself a good staff, I should take the chance to play around a bit~

7. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    [East Zone] - Slay the Sewer Invaders

After healing Iria's mother, I left the inn... I didn't want to stay there, near her father...

I felt a bit happy though... It was the 3rd time I used the Healing Flame, and the 2nd one was on myself, but still...

I felt happy that I wasn't looked at with eyes full of fear this time... I was happy that I received some grateful feelings instead, even if on such horrible circumstances...

Still, they would probably need to give a proper burial to her father... I wonder how will they be able to provide food for all the tenants with only one person on the kitchen now... It will be tough.

I flew to the ceiling of the inn, from there I could see the movement of the people on the surroundings...

There were people running, and monsters coming from many places... It wasn't a flood of monsters for sure, but it certainly wasn't a small amount either... What to do?

The people fleeing from the monsters... I left them be, there were other people trying to protect them, and I didn't care for them... Instead... Yosh, I'll do that!

I waited, from time to time some spiders or rats came near, but I had plenty of time to react because I was well positioned, so I just threw a fireball and they were dead.

There wasn't much to do if I remained here, and there were probably people that needed a lot more help and that would benefit a lot more from my actions if I moved away, but... I don't care!

I just didn't care, I wanted to remain here... I want to at least protect Iria and her mother... They were really nice to me, even if they gave me a ridiculously huge debt... I want to help them in the way I can.

So I stayed there, making sure that this inn wasn't invaded by even a single monster, good thing there aren't that many monsters... Though I wonder how did they invade the city in the first place... Things better be alright! >.<

8. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    [South Zone] Slay the Sewer Invaders (Joan/Nana)

North is to the right, I guess? Joan considered where she was at. The task instructions stated to hold the creatures back for the Lord, so it would be logical to head for the central area?

On the way there were a lot of sewer monsters. Considering their general size, the size of the tunnel, and the range of Joan’s spells, it was getting very hard to progress. Still, blocking them here probably helped out on the surface. Joan’s blade was angry, as some warriors might say. She was merely butchering her way through the sewer minions, slowly but surely going underground in the direction of the Lord’s Mansion.

“Who let these buggers breed so much?” (Joan)

“Life’s for living, death is for feeding~” (Nana)

“Ah, sorry I asked.” (Joan)

A few minutes later the tunnels suddenly turned up empty. There were no monsters, no sounds, except for the drops of drainage in the background. Rather unnerving for Joan.

“Ah, I kinda like the atmosphere in here. Well except for the stench~” (Nana)

“It’s a sewer, Nana, it’s there for the stench and refuse to gather away from good people.” (Joan)

“What’s the point of having such a magnificent place just to store filth?” (Nana)

“... No idea, just keep on being strangely talkative. It helps.” (Joan)

“Ah, even better, see how this spot here is just a big drop down, with a bunch of tunnels just exiting into it? The utter chaos of this place is marvelous, and so unlike the hovels above. All that’s missing is to drain out the water and place some nice carpets, maybe a few glowing stones…” (Nana)

“Are you a demon lord or something? The sewers are rat filled hell…” (Joan)

“Ah, do you see any rats now, Joan? Or have we made a turn for the palace?~” (Nana)

“Strange indeed, wait that pit over there smells like corpses. Eh? Isn’t this part of the barrier, why are they not coming through?” (Joan)

“Maybe somebody passed through here and killed them all, like you do~” (Nana)

“I doubt that, they must be otherwise occupied. Well, I’m not going back in defeat, let’s push onwards!” (Joan)

“Whatever you say~” (Nana)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  9. The Everdistant Utopia

The Everdistant Utopia Honorary Maou | Part Time Writer | Crau's

Reading List:
    Link
    [South Zone] Slaying the Invaders​

“My worries were unfounded, it seems...” Edgard said as they watched the citizens walking sneakily to safety. Of course, there were many monsters around, but there were just as many guards, mercenaries and mages protecting them.

“We’ve come here for nothing...” Elae said a bit regretful for abandoning her boars behind. She was quite away from them now, to the point where she couldn’t feel their presence. Either that or… No… She shook the idea from her head and continued to watch the situation, searching for an opportunity to jump in.

“Bad rats! Go away!” A yell suddenly caught her attention. When Elae looked at the direction it came from, she sighted a girl wearing a bear fur hood.

She was striking critters left and right with what looked like the pole of a broom or a mop, but with one of its ends broken.

“Oho~ Quite the unusual warrior.” Edgard said, showing quite some interest in her.

“I’d say unusual mage...” Elae pointed to the Association badge the girl had placed in her hood. “It makes her even more unusual.”

“Shall we have a closer look?”

“Well, not that we were doing anything important, anyway, so… Why not?” Elae pulled out her butcher knife she had put in her bag and hopped on the broom, descending in the street.

Fighting wasn’t her specialty, so she wouldn’t be able to do much if a monster came to her way.

Fortunately, most of them were focusing on the strange bear hooded girl. Unfortunately, most wasn’t all, and a stray rat noticed Elae, running at her direction. It was of the size of a dog, but his body seemed quite skinny. It did looked like he hadn’t anything to eat for some time.

With a heavy swing, she struck the rat in his neck as she dodged the charge, feeling a slight numbness the impact against the bones rebounding through the knife.

The rat let out a painful screech as it struggled with the knife lodged in his nape. Elae let the knife go, as to not get caught in his struggle, and gave some steps back.

It only took a moment of struggle before the rat fell in the ground, seemingly giving up on his life while squeaking in low tone.

The other rats took notice of it and turned to Elae, the one who had killed on of their brethren.

“Oh, damn… Just my day.” She frowned, now without a weapon thanks to the last rat.

@Kuma Desu

10. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link

Uhm...she be angry, eh? Aye, she be angry. Understandable. Don't need to be a genius to know that. That be a one time deal, me lass. And fer that, I be very sorry.

"A-Aye, sorry.," I said as I put her down gently on the ground.

Aye, she be angry. Definitely very angry. Sorry, lass. That be me mistake. I put off me iron skin spell an' dust off the debris on me shoulder. I took a glance at Adiana an' found that she be fine, no additional wound or anythin. At leat that be one thing that be a good outcome of me plan. Better think up of a better plan next time. Especially when a lass be involved. At least she be a pretty one. Aye, hugging a beauty on one's hand be a good thing, eh? Sad it be not for pleasure, but fer emergency.

"Apology, Adiana. That be emergency. But still, apology, Adiana," I said as I bowed down a bit.

Before I cou' say anythin, me Echo Earth picked up signatures of hostile all around. That be bad, aye. I once again tightened me grip on me weapons as I faced the direction where I picked up the signature of the enemies. From what I cou' know, they be lizards. First rats, an' then spiders. Now lizards? This be a rather unique battle.

"Adiana, I be apologizin again later, but now," I put down me mana into me body again, "we got more enemy."

@Unreachable Hope

11. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    [West Zone]-After having left

"Come on lucky ones lets go back to the entrance to the sewers where we came out of maybe we can block off a maureding band of rats from exiting and coming towards the guards barracks all whilst rescuing people." Cadmium walks away from the guard barracks after leaving there and proceeds to head directly East so that he can reach the starting point.
    "Ahh what a wonderful day to go travelling I think I should make an even larger army of rats, spiders and lizards this time what do you guys think?"
    "Scree Screech."
    "I thought you would agree with me lets hope there are still all the dead rat bodies where we left them then so we don't have to go diving in the sewers again."
    A small band of lizards appears ahead of Cadmium only 10 or so and thus they are easily dealt with by the small water spirit rats sneaking up behind them and biting the enemies throats out all whilst Cadmium is slowly walking towards them singing a song.
    "OOOOh is that a corrupted elemental up ahead I like fighting those guys even though they can't really do anything against me it is still fun in the end." Cadmium charges the elemental and starts messing around with cutting it's body with his sword whilst singing a song about how he was born under a wandering star.
    "You know I need to make my favourite musical instrument for myself next time I make bullets and cannonballs for Joan I wonder where she could be and if she is in need of bullets I may as well go and check the lords hall and the magic association quickly after this as she wasn't at the guards quarters otherwise I am sure she would've come out."

Quaesitor likes this.
  12. Unreachable Hope

Reading List:
    Link
    Geez... why do I feel like having fun while watching at his worried face ? Well, that is something that is good to know that he is sorry, but but but~ that isn't enough~ no no no, it's never enough ! I don't forgive people this easily otherwise it won't be fun ! But this time, it was because it was embarrassing ! So I can't forgive me because I... haaaa...
    Well, at least, I am still kind ? I could just bring him to my country and he gets hanged thank to my family's obvious authority~ but I don't want to for some reasons, don't want to have a dead on my conscience and don't want to be stuck at the castle again... It will just feel annoying...

"Don"t worry about that, we will settle this later."

I sighed as I looked at the lizards and just casted Wind Shield after a long sigh.

"Thus,
    Dance, dance.
    Surround, surround.
    This is a chance.
    Uncrowned.

The playful wind shall deflect.
    The wrecked and unkept."

"<Wind Shield>"

"Always more never hurt."

This is what I said as I hid myself behind him once again, well, I can't fight after all...

13. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    [West Zone]-BTOOOOOOM

"Hmm well we are here I wonder how many rats I should summon up this time and where I should take them actually lets not summon any but get rid of these bodies as we really don't won't any plagues to start up after this massive battle so push these bodies into the sewers and then light them on fire so that we don't damage the surroundings and hopefully block of the exits and entrances and then we can head on over to the lord's residence for a small break."
    "Scree Scree"
    "What you have already pushed them all into the sewers whilst I was monologuing that was quick work now wasn't it."
    Hmmh what to use to light everything on fire and collapse the exit on people?
    "Ahh I know I'll just use one of my powder bags and light in on fire and create a small amount of poison in the air."
    Cadmium throws the bag into the pile of dead bodies and sets it a light and runs to the other end of the courtyard and BTOOOM a massive explosion occurs from the sewers sending up a pillar of fire into the sky all the way up to the bottom of the clouds.
    "Well my work here is done and there is barely any damage done just a massive fire pillar."
    The pillar barely destroyed anything only pulling rubble down into the sewers and completely blocking off this exit from the sewers.

Quaesitor likes this.
  14. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link

Settle this later? Well...got to man up and probably take the punishment. As long as it not too much. Fer now, we have more stuff to deal with. Much more stuff to deal with. The sound of those lizard be very creepy. And their looks be even more unnerving. They be corrupted. Aye, no doubt about it. Better not let them hit me. Or better yet, Iron Skin.

Once again I activated me Iron Skin spell. The instant I did that, me whole skin turned into metallic grey. Of course, with that me weight be increased an' I be slower. But thanks to Adiana's spell, my movement speed up a wee bit. Still a wee bit slower than usual, but I cou' manage.

Aye....this number be bad for me. I looked back to the elf behind me. She be injured and cou' only run. Me mana also runnin thin. I guess I should say it beforehand, eh?

"Adiana, when I said run, ye run, got it?"

Better fer one of us to get here alive than the two of us become corpses. But the ideal still be that the two of us be out of here alive. Let's aim fer that one, shall we? Aye! Never give up, Loghaic!

@Unreachable Hope

15. Unreachable Hope

Reading List:
    Link
    "Please, find an original sentence next time."

Just how many times did I hear that... every time I sneaked up late, the guys I hung around said this, well, I didn't need them to say when to run though, I just could decide by myself and run away the quickest possible.

"But you will run too. Who will I punish otherwise ? I need a punching ball you see."

I cracked my knuckles though... even if I did this, I won't fight ! No no no, not even a second... it was a reflex I suppose...? Anyway ! I don't think I will run without him~ I will just get killed by a random monster that are stalking us~ It's too suspicious to fall against three different group of monsters so quickly after all...
    So they are probably lurking a bit everywhere !

"And also... just feel like I will die quicker if I run~"

That was of course a blatant lie, running away is my specialty after all~ I mean a BIT of wind and here I fly away~

@shad12ow

16. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link

"...Hahaha! Aye, ye be right there, Adiana!" I let out me loudest laugh of the day. "There never be a dull moment with ye around."

It be not myself to be depressed all of a sudden. Well, let this be a victorious battle! The forge bless me! I tightened me grip on both me hammer and hatchet, sending mana into them.

"Hear me word! Ye shall not defeat us!"

I then started killin lizards left and right. They have proven to be much more difficult than the rats. First, the be tougher that even after infusing mana into me limbs and weapon I cou' still feel their resistance. An' secondly, they be slippery. Aye, slippery bastards. Not to mention that I cou' not move around freely unless I will risk them attackin Adiana. If this turned into a battle of attrition, we be done for.

"Adiana, we need to move! Their number be increasin! Push them away or somethin!"

@Unreachable Hope

17. Unreachable Hope

Reading List:
    Link
    "...that's troublesome... I don't know that much 'poetic' words of that damned chant~"

I commented as I let out slightly loud and prepared a spell, runes forming a magic circle in my hands, as usual, I just decided to launch Gust, just pushing them should be enough... yeah, I will try to make a longer one but I don't guarantee the result considering that in the first place, I conveniently deformed the lyrics of this casting chant...

"Never changing direction, push forward.
    Strive toward your goal.
    Always going onward.
    Send them back to their hole.

Charge forward.
    Deviate the harms.
    Fly onward.
    Taking our charms.
    Crush them frontward.
    That is our coat of arm.

Wind is my weapon,
    Mistral is my servant,
    That is my blessing,
    Which push away my burden.

My burden is pathetic,
    He shall disappear,
    Completely antithetic,
    In this storm they shall fear.
    <Gust>"

As the wind was even stronger than what made us fly, I almost was launched at the opposed of the wind which was far stronger than usual, oh wait, the previous one wasn't an usual one either... uhm... an uni- just what I am thinking about ?!

"Geez, if it was a bit stronger, I might have passed through another window~"

On a joking tone, I made another remark after shrugging, wow, somehow, being in danger wasn't that bothering... well, I guess, that's because I am not alone~ dude, how stupid was my thought ? Hahahah~

18. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    [West Zone| moving to East Zone] - Slay the Sewer Invaders

By the beard! That is one large gust! She cou' do it, eh? I'm impressed! Hahaha!

"Well, don't passed through any window again anytime soon, Adiana. Hahaha!"

After letting out a loud laugh, I put down me Iron Skin and then looked toward the safest route, the route that be the most devoid of monster. I slammed me hammer onto the ground, creating pillars and holes along the path, slowing down any monster that tried to sneaked up on us. Of course, I also put out pillars behind us in case some tried to attack us from behind. Crazy bastards.

"Follow me! We be goin there!" I said as I pointed to the large stone tower. "There be a good place to hold on!"

I quickly put mana into me own legs, strengthenin them so I can run faster. Good thing that Adiana's spell still there. That way we can run toward the stone tower quite fast. As we run toward the tower, some lizards and rats managed to get near us. They be dead in a second, but they still keep comin. Crazy bastards!

When we reached the stone tower, I kicked open the door and let Adiana inside first. After that, I pulled out a large pillar to block ta' entrance. This way, only I can open it. Then I noticed someone is inside the tower while I'm using me Echo Earth.

"Who be there? Foe or friend?" I asked as I put forward me hammer toward their direction.

@Unreachable Hope @Quaesitor

19. The Everdistant Utopia

The Everdistant Utopia Honorary Maou | Part Time Writer | Crau's

Reading List:
    Link
    “Ah, this is getting worse than I thought...” Those bastards… They’re killing all my minions… All that time spent gathering those rats…

And now half of them are dead… I still have the other half… I still have those…

But…. why!? Why must them get in the way of my plans…!?

“Annoying… Annoying, annoying! That’s really annoying!” Ah, that’s right! I also have ‘that’. It gave me some trouble before, so it should give them some trouble now…

“Yeah, that’s right! This should be good for now! Squirm against your own creature, annoying pests!”

Under my orders, ‘that’ started to move, together with the creatures from the level above where I was.

___________________________​

Sorgre wasn’t amused by the current situation. The city was under attack and the barriers had to be restored, and yet the lord of the city didn’t had a spec of sense of urgency. Although Sorgre didn’t had the faintest of the ideas on how the device that maintained the barrier worked, it shouldn’t be that hard to fix… Or so he hoped.

But it didn’t stopped him from cursing the lord on his head. For the sake of his protection, most of the lord’s guard was placed around his manor and both the Captain and Vice-Captain of the city’s guard were stationed in the manor, keeping them closer, but making it hard for them to issue orders.

As for him, he only came here as one of the representatives of the staff, with the council being the ones who were actually called for to help with the artifact’s fixing. The only thing he could do was stay there, since the guards weren’t allowing anyone to exit or enter the manor.

Suddenly, his Association Badge started to shine. A communication for him, it seemed.

“What is it? Did something happened?”

“M-Mister Sorgre, t-the east side!” The staff stuttered as he tried to convey his message.

Frowning deeply, Sorgre pulled out a tool he was given by the Chairwoman to him in the start of the emergency, a mirror that could be used to watch the city from above. It had limits on its use, so he didn’t touched it until now.

When he decided to check, it was already a bit too late. His face turned grim as he saw the situation. A long, slender body, covered in green fur. A creature he knew too well, but slightly different from last time he saw it. The green, lustrous fur was teared at some points, dirtied by the same corruption in the sewer monsters, its eyes were bloodshot and surrounding him were more of the sewer creatures, that didn’t seemed to be frightened of it, like they usually should.

“Goddamnit!” He curse, punching a wall nearby. Breathing a bit, Sorgre calmed himself before speaking again to the staff. “Issue the order… We need to free our old friend from his suffering...”

___________________________​

Second Wave Start!

The Warden of the sewers was corrupted by the Sewer Elemental and popped up in the East Zone!
    Together with his arrival, a second wave of creatures started to pour from the sewers!​

The rats should be starting to thin in number a bit now. All tasks that were already going on will continue, with addition of the following:

Slay the Sewer Invaders (Rank D)
    Type: Hunter, Special Task
    Description: Due to the latest occurrences, the city is under attack of the sewers creatures, who destroyed the barrier in the sewers, pouring out in the city. While the upper levels of the barrier are easily fixable, the last layer, which holds everything together, is a Magical Heritage owned by the City’s Lord household. In order to buy time for the Association and the Lord to restore the barrier, is necessary to hold back the enemies.
    Extra Details: Mind the collateral damages, as to keep them to a minimum.
    Mutant Rat King - A rat king that fell prey to the Sewer Elemental's corruption. It controls other rats and is able to use weak magic to support his subjects. Resistant to corruption and poison. Weak to healing and holy magic.

Mutant Serpent - A serpent from the sewers. It doesn't has poison, and instead constrains its victims to death. Resistant to corruption and poison. Weak to healing and holy magic.

Mutant Mudscale Scout - A scout from the mudscale who inhabit the fourth floor onward. It's a lesser variant of a lizardman, only reaching a goblin's height when it has reached adulthood. It's weak, but extremely agile. Resistant to corruption and poison. Weak to healing and holy magic.

Mutant Mudscale Warrior - A warrior from the mudscale who ended up being corrupted by the Sewer Elemental. It's a proficient fighter and carries makeshift weapons made of the things that end up in the sewer. Resistant to corruption and poison. Weak to healing and holy magic.

Mutant Mudscale Tamer - A tamer from the mudscale who ended up being corrupted by the Sewer Elemental. As a fighter, is not different from a scout, but compensates by fighting in sync with its beast. Resistant to corruption and poison. Weak to healing and holy magic.

A Mini-Boss arrived in the East Zone!

Mutant Ramidreju (D Rank)
    • The creature that previously guarded the Third Level of the sewers, a weasel with green fur and healing abilities. He fought against the Sewer Elemental and lost, being turned into one of his minions.
    • Due to the aftermath of the battle and the corruption in his body, he was weakened and can only compare to a strong D Rank creature;
    • As he was mixed with a Lesser Sewer elemental in the process of his corruption, the Mutant Ramidreju can control the mutant creatures from the sewers;
    • He is extremely resistant to water, poison and corruption, but in exchange, weak against fire, holy and healing magic;
    • His fur lets out a special poison that permeates the air around him. This special poison slowly heals the wounds of the mutant creatures and deteriorate the wounds of other creatures.
    P.S.: Remember that those informations weren't given to you guys, aside from the information that the Mini-Boss popped up. Feel free to figure out those details as you fight it~

BB_Tensei, TiggerBane, Kysil and 5 others like this.
  20. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    South Area - Slay the Sewer Invaders

After about half an hour of resting, I finally recovered enough to properly fight again. But as I get up, ready to resume fighting, I hear how the tower's door gets kicked open violently, and then that something falls over.

Before I have time to properly react, I hear a gruff voice. As they seem to be humans, I say: "I'm a friend!" And show myself. "My name is Esta, and I'm a mage from-"

As I lay my eyes upon them, I am dumbfounded. A bloodstained dwarf, and a half-naked elf, that seems to be wounded. I blink a few times in confusion. Still the same. I pinch myself, unable to believe that this is real. I still feel pain, it's not a dream...

After this long pause, I continue what I was saying earlier. "...I'm a mage from the Magic Association. What exactly... happened to you?" Perhaps they are lovers? Quickly glancing at them again, and noticing how much of the elf's skin is exposed, I finally avert my eyes.

"A-anyway! I can heal some of your wounds, if you don't mind the required skin contact..."

MaliMi, BB_Tensei, Kysil and 4 others like this.