LCD Night Ranger

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Nov 15, 2017.

1. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he's already at half legend. he still have 4 more months before the pool breaks.

considering whats been doing in the last 2 months. he'll probably become more powerful than god when the pool breaks.

2. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, just reaching 4th rank means he's a half-legend? I thought level 20 (the boundary between 20 and 21 for the natives, who don't have discrete growth like Marvin) was half-legend?

3. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Just ignore those without avatars, they're like static. :blobsleepless:
    And you're probably right, but half-legend could be used if he feels stronger than his level is. I'm sure as a 4.2/5 he could beat a 4.7/5 which would be a definite half-legend.

4. Fragments of Shadows

Fragments of Shadows [The Broken One] [Chaser of Tales] [Hungry Ghost]

Reading List:
    Link
    Half-legend always felt weird for the natives. It's clearly level 20 in Marvin's mind but the natives have such a wide variance in power levels but still use the same terms. Legends, for example, are all over the place... Hathaway's half-legend strength was indicated to be much stronger than Madeleine's half-legend strength (in fact she seemed weaker than Collins at half legend if he went all out but maybe that was just a bad match-up for her). The terms are too vague when applied to natives to really be useful other than to say they should be stronger than Marvin... but then he's been fighting people above his level since the beginning so they really don't mean much.

On a separate note it's good that he'll hit legend early since he's stated several times that legend is the minimum strength needed to establish a territory when the calamity hits and even then most of the legends didn't last more then a couple years after the calamity so he really needs to get in the level 40 range to secure his territory. Most of the Gods seem to be in the 50s and 60s from a level standpoint and they'll probably get stronger once the world pool breaks and they can steal some of it's power and potentially get a fragment of the 4th fate tablet. In other words at level 16 he's still got a long way to go before he's above even the most recent round of gods (2nd gen ancient gods like the nature god are probably in the 80s level range and Lance is probably 100 or higher at a pure guess). Given his current speed of leveling he'll probably hit level 30 by the time the calamity hits (so at Inheim's level roughly?).

elengee likes this.
  5. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what shadows said. the natives don't really have a 'level' system too so marvin is just estimating but marvin should be a half legend right now without the monarch powerup. there is a wide power gap between legend and half legend.

the gods don't really want the fragment, what they want is the belief power from the world and lance sealed the world. it's interesting thou to think about why feinan is special when it's just another plane on the world tree. they call it the primary world? but theres nothing making it stand out besides the vast power that it generates. i wonder if a god could actually grow his own plane to give the same level of power

6. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's make it clear : lvl 20 = Half-Legend and 5th rank(lvl 21 - ?) = Legend
    Feinan natives have the SAME SYSTEM AS MARVIN, with the only difference being that they don't gain xp when they kill and don't receive quests. In other words, to lvl up, Feinan natives have to "cultivate"/reach enlightenment.(If it wasn't like this then Hathaway wouldn't need the Book of Nalu to breakthrough to Legend, she'll just go on a killing spree....)
    That's the "cheat" of Marvin, the "power" to gain xp and recevie quests.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  7. Fragments of Shadows

Fragments of Shadows [The Broken One] [Chaser of Tales] [Hungry Ghost]

Reading List:
    Link
    But Marvin has used term 4th rank rather than half-legend while he has never used the term "5th rank" and only referred to people with that power as legends... maybe I'm reading too much into it but it seems like there's a difference between 4th rank and half-legend at least in Marvin's mind.

Feinan's natives may have a similar system but I can't remember them ever using levels to refer to anything... they use ranks usually and while they have "classes" they treat them more like we would treat professions (i.e. if I'm a sufficiently skilled blacksmith I might choose to specialize in forging weapons making me a "weaponsmith")... their system seems vague and lacking the rigid rules and structures that Marvin uses

8. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so madeline wasn't the lady that he would fu*k with
    but then again necromancy can't be excluded

elengee likes this.
  9. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 233 : "This place was heavily guarded, with even a 4th rank Half-Legend Evil Spirit Envoy protecting it."
    Chapter 209 : "or even 4th rank and have the strength of a Half-Legend."

4th rank = Half-Legend

Chapter 246 : "4th rank and 5th rank, mortal and Legend"
    5th rank = Legend

10. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    At least he won't be the only stiff. :blobokhand:

11. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no. marvin and the natives system are different.

Marvin gains levels, the natives DO NOT.

you are right that they don't gain exp but needs to "cultivate/reach enlightenment" to rank up. they also DO NOT get stat points or ability points.

infact at the very start, marvin never referred to his own levels as the same 'levels' of the natives, instead he makes comparisons and estimations and compares himself to the natives level.

he also did a stat calucation/comparison at the start and counted at level 20 he'll be this and that so on.

12. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    If anything, this gives more credit to the idea the 4th rank doesn't necessary equal to half-legend. The latter part would be redundant if all 4th rank were half legends. I think that (from Marvin's system's perspective) one needs a great deal of exp or other things to go from level 20 to 21, making level 20 half-legends, and level 16-20 4th rank.

elengee likes this.
  13. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    By the time you guys settle on this he'll have gone from Legend to Mythical already.

tirirism and Xilphidae like this.
  14. checkman123

checkman123 [Nez] [The Bystander][RAWR FEAR ME]

Reading List:
    Link
    i hope the calamity struck soon :/ cant wait to see da real actions. Marvin harem kept increasing at a fast rate .-.
    and I wonder about hathaway anz something witch legacy .-. wonder what that is

15. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    You know all what I said here was something that came out of Marvin's mouth...and bro you basically repeated what I said only added that they don't lvl up XD

16. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    screw it or rather marvin can still do madeline
    or someone with purple hair

17. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Watch the 3 stages of hathaway fuse with the 3 Fate sisters. Insta waifus.

18. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah now that you said it... here's a TL note guys to clear misunderstandings :
    "TL: Slight issues with the ranks, here is how the ranks look like due to today chapter’s Great Changes.
    1st: 1-5
    2nd: 6-10
    3rd: 11-15
    4th: 16-20
    Half Legend: 20
    Legend: 21+
    Hathaway -> 4th rank Half Legend.
    Karel -> 3rd rank.
    The previous chapters are going to be fixed soon.
    More work for your favorite editor, Sofa, please give him Power Stones!
    (And more work for me, next chapter is going to run a bit late as it's 1.5 times longer.)"

tirirism likes this.
  19. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    WORK WORK WORK! My project deadline is in two days and I've barely written the first line of code.:blobdizzy:
    On another note, I love long chapters. :aww:

20. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats interesting...
    I thought half legend is 20+, so a legend would be 40+
    Considering anyones progress beside the MC, it would be impossibly long...

Does the novel explained this system anywhere in a chapter?