LCD Zhan Xian

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Keon, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there seems to be contradictory events like The current PM was the one that let LMH master slide after selling out GY but then it also says/implies that the current LMH master's master becomes the PM at that time. Then you have the fact MC chose PYP because they "look out" for their own but also the LMH broke away and joined the GHS. [course the LMS are tools and will have caused major damage to PYP]

2. Fallian

Fallian Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well anyway it also let us know that the master have the body for furnace cultivation. Which imply that MC get dip on that.

It still sad that every girl with high water affinity body would always thought of as a furnace.

3. Odyssey

Reading List:
    Link
    i didn't think that was the reason. I thought she had something like divine spirit root body and he wants her to change to water since of the elements she has water is actually the stronger one.

4. Fallian

Fallian Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Water affinity body relate to furnace is something I remember from "my disciple die again" which I correlate as similarity.

Plus the main reason the master was aims at was the revelation of this body physique that they were after using the MC frame crime as a excuse to attack.

5. Odyssey

Reading List:
    Link
    well water is Yin in nature so yea would be close. to often something like Yin body or yin meridians are a "good" thing so long as you can unlock them.

6. Fallian

Fallian Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I felt like we talking in different wavelength here.

7. Odyssey

Reading List:
    Link
    referencing your earlier statement. In the 5 element system Water happens to be Yin in nature [Yin-Yang] which just so happens to be a common element in xianxia is a woman with some "yin what'm'callit" root or body type that seems to always make them great furnace cultivators.

8. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn't really apply in this series though. Since all the elements are treated as having both Yin and Yang phases.

Though the stuff that you two are talking about does remind me: How is he going to convince her to switch to water cultivation without revealing that she has that special root? If he reveals it, and word gets out, the rats in the LMH will definitely pass it on to the GHS. And we'll get a repeat of his last life with her being even less able to defend herself than last time.

9. Odyssey

Reading List:
    Link
    timing. if the current LMS master is "removed" either from the Sect or active duty[close door cultivation] and that Yang Xi isn't the GHS palace master then it should all be fine. Course if the mc's faction i.e his 2 "brothers", the senior sister, master, and the servants all have some serious rank ups prior to her switching should be ok

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I suppose it just depends on how deep the corruption runs.

11. Odyssey

Reading List:
    Link
    and how strong the LMS is at that point in time, so far he has already taken what 2 sources of their future power. [Ancestor Cave/sword box and the 2nd Fierce Yang Palace site]

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    True, and I expect he'll take more going forward.

13. Odyssey

Reading List:
    Link
    yep while making the "good guys" strong by far more than they were in the first life

14. Fragments of Shadows

Fragments of Shadows [The Broken One] [Chaser of Tales] [Hungry Ghost]

Reading List:
    Link
    I might be forgetting it but has it been mentioned that switching from fire cultivation to water will cause her fire cultivation to drop? Or will she be a jie dan stage fire cultivator and a qi layer water cultivator when she switches?

15. Odyssey

Reading List:
    Link
    umm something like that, but one has to be the primary source of power and the other the secondary..... so she would be a quasi-jiedan once she makes the switch since her new source of power is only at the qi layer.....but she shouldnt have the issues of "breakthrough" this time around like she did during the fire cultivation up to the jiedan stage. after water catches up to jiedan then is all new and have to challenge the yanyang stage like any other first timers

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure she'll still be Jiedan. Its like having two cups, one for fire and one for water. Right now, the fire cup is partially filled while the water cup is empty. Adding to the water cup increases the amount in the water cup but doesn't really affect the contents of the fire cup.

The reason she might be opposed to it is simply because the time spent on cultivating water could be used to cultivate fire instead. Basically, she might think that the time it takes to fill the water cup up to the same level as the fire cup would be better spent on adding more to the fire cup. Plus, she may need to establish another foundation, its not really clear yet but will know for sure when the MCs other elements reach the foundation level.

17. Fragments of Shadows

Fragments of Shadows [The Broken One] [Chaser of Tales] [Hungry Ghost]

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm I see... I was wondering how long it will take him to switch her cultivation methods but I guess he might wait for her to reach yuanying fire cultivation first since that seems to be the minimum level of strength needed to ensure personal safety... at first I thought he'd try to switch her cultivation as soon as possible since Elder Wu provides the best deterrent he's likely to ever have and LMH and GHS are both somewhat weakened right now but he doesn't have any water attributed divine treasures at the moment to accelerate her cultivation and Elder Wu could ascend at practically any time

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He probably has more than enough plants with a water attribute in his garden, but honestly, it doesn't require water attributed treasures, just a good water attributed cultivation technique and lots of normal cultivation resources (spirit stones, spirit vein, pills, etc). The problem is simply that the pathways in her body associated with water cultivation will be too weak to handle excessive growth, so there's a maximum safe speed for cultivation.

Also, its possible that the higher her fire cultivation is, the harder it will be for her to cultivate water since she'll have to balance the two in her body. They're of opposite attributes so this isn't a trivial task and is where my two glasses analogy breaks down. Honestly, if this is the case, the sooner she switches, the easier it will be for her.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought using pills to make breakthroughs between realms stunted long term growth. Why is he planning to use foundation establishment pills when he doesn't really need them?

20. Odyssey

Reading List:
    Link
    when did it say that? sure your not mixing up series?