How Not to Respond to a License Notice: Roxism HQ and Nozomanu Fushi no Boukensha

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Sam Pinansky, Feb 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hell_ping

Hell_ping Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know, I can read. How else can I translate?

But as I may conjecture, are you a lawyer by trade if you can establish the boundaries of what an official company can do, and what it can't?

Or are you passing off your opinions as facts?

AliceShiki likes this.
  2. MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN

MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN Planet sized warrior Tony without wisdom teeth

Reading List:
    Link
    if webnovels were copied and pasted on the same site I'm sure the site would remove the copy too and I don't know if youtube has translated videos that people make money off without paying for server cost or using wordpress then wordpress making money off them.

edit I don't believe webnovel authors get a cut of ad revenue from syosetu when you get ads or add ads into the novel for it like on youtube if you can get them enabled.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  3. LtBeefy

LtBeefy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Op, there' a couple types of people.

1. The person who will always read free illegal stuff no matter what.
    2. The person who reads free illegal stuff till a legal version finally comes out for them to support.
    3. The person who read free illegal stuff and doesn' know theirs an option for it legally.

Your goal should be to bring awareness to group 2 and 3. Ignore group 1. Don't bring drama.

4. dmon

dmon Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I agree with Skythewood's action.

I just have a beef with OP's attitude. The threat, feeling insulted for something they did not have rights to, inciting people that their money is stolen and they were ripped off, blatant promotion.

5. voiceburner

voiceburner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No but am a content creator who has won three legal cases unde similar circumstances sir

6. forecast

forecast [Batoto Veteran] [sakurahana veteran]

Reading List:
    Link
    I never said anything about membership for licensed release is bad.
    Don't put words into my post.

You said that the corruption of roxism is worse from my reply that jn became corrupt with money.
    then I said that its not worse.

My justification is that jn is a business so of course they have a membership to read flatform but them attacking other translators like this from before where they stated to compete with "speed and number of releases" is worse than roxism just tagging the next 10 or so chapters behind a donation button, which will eventually be released. Also if we are talking cheap a membership wall vs waiting for the future chapters to be released when they get past that 10 chapter patreon mark. Waiting would be cheaper.

You don't have to pay if you want to, it is a donation chapter. i.e. if they lock chapter 10-22 because of the patreaon conditions they have. When they ge to chapter 23 then chapter 10 will be released.

roxism is greedy but jn is worse for attacking and calling out smaller competitors like this for the potential money.

7. LtBeefy

LtBeefy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, ripoff can be subjective. Tho from what I see the translator does with his patreon it is clearly a ripoff. Purposefully splitting chapters into parts thus making you need 2 pay more if u want full chapter is a ripoff in my mind.

And yes think it been better if they wanted 2 go this route just advertise they acquired the novel instead of talking about the issue or just leave out names if they wanted 2 talk about it.

Tho, truly, in the end this is just a distraction for us to waste our time in while we wait for more chapters of novels for us to read to be released.

That waiting thing for chapters to release is obviously a pay wall and we should all burn it down.

Yes, a qidian reference as qi has locked chapters behind spirit stones before they eventually if you wait become free to read. Which has attracted much hate from community. Yet the translator here can do it with patreon and he isn't evil for doing it.

Not say8ng that' your view, but seems 2 be view of part of community.

Edit
    Anyway I'm off to bed. And to the mod who combined my posys thanks for that and sorry for the trouble haha. I post and respond as I read so my posts add up inarow at times.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2018
  8. Hell_ping

Hell_ping Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Under what circumstances? What three legal cases? Just curious.

Just to wonder, has JNC done anything like this before? Almost every time, 'fan' translators drop out because they won't compare.

This time, what Roxism did by posting 'fanfic' shows that they are motivated by something, a reactions to an action.

Any other instances of weeding out smaller competitors?

And I don't consider machine processed text as 'competition'.

Barnnn, Jaspaaar and Tebix like this.
  9. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    I see you haven't been paying attention to what Roxism has been doing then.
    Don't you know about the newest trend, MTL without editors?

asriu, SenjiQ and Tebix like this.
  10. voiceburner

Reading List:
    Link
    Infact @Hell_ping i left here to fight one recently and it was dismissed

11. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, can you confirm something for me?
    I've heard that J-Novel Club was doing the translations at a pretty decent rate and a highish quality. Is this true?

12. Atamahead027

Atamahead027 Pleasure Research Club President

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly

There was time that fan translations purpose is to introduce us to its light novel source and step down when its released in english officially.

Jaspaaar and Sabruness like this.
  13. dmon

dmon Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Money changes everything.

Tebix likes this.
  14. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, it lists translated fanfics which has an East Asian origin.

RIP Bakatsuki.
    Hilarious also how the guys here are also arguing with one of the more prolific TLs of BT.

Reward changes everything.

Sushino, AliceShiki, Barnnn and 2 others like this.
  15. Atamahead027

Atamahead027 Pleasure Research Club President

Reading List:
    Link
    Its true, even realist hero is already overtake the current translated wn chapter.
    In my opinion its better then yen press since they tend to eat more then what they can chew. Even more from the acursed digital manga.

Tebix likes this.
  16. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, thanks for that.
    I might get a subscription to them if I can afford it sometime.

17. voiceburner

Reading List:
    Link
    @Hell_ping The first two was the sound tracks i made for a day time television show that sampled a song from the 1970s in which a Waner bros subsidiary own rights but because of fair use laws and (Good lega Council) l was safe however that last one was from when i spilt from my label as a producer {Shockboundmusicgroup} They tryed to caim rights to songs i made out side of their recording facility

18. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Well...we needed a wake up call like this. @Tony can you sticky this for a day?

19. forecast

forecast [Batoto Veteran] [sakurahana veteran]

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't push the qidian hate to me since as long as they are still letting people read the chapters then it is still fine for me.

My view is that I am reading the chapters I consider to be presently available and read the next one till the end of the wn. The future locked chapters is locked but they are there, I won't blow a fuse because I can't access them right now, since I can still access them in the future.

They haven't(as far as I know), that is what makes this whole thread a show of either immaturity(not likely since they have been here a long time) or the first step to tyranny.
    I would be fine if they just continue what they were doing before but a lot of people are dumb enough to just read the point of view of the one accusing and ignore the other. Thus, making more support for the first one who first threw the first mud ball(as shown in the first page).
    Roxism translates the wn, while they have licensed the LN as stated in the first post. Then what is the reason to contact roxism for the wn? why involve the public like this?
    why the the threat of dcma for the wn when they have the ln license?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    voiceburner and LordFatCat like this.
  20. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    WN usually will affect copyrights, after all, even the Japanese authors themselves usually bring down their WN when they get published just in case.

AliceShiki, thymee and oliver like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.