LCD Virtual World: The Legendary Thief

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by runsing, Feb 4, 2018.

?

Who is your favourite waifu?

1. Xu Lin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Murong ShanShan

50.0%
  3. Xin Yu

50.0%
  4. Lu Xue Han

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    Seeing as this story got picked up again, i figured it is time for it to get an LCD thread. :blobhero:

tlt.jpg

Virtual World: The Legendary Thief (VW:TLT, or just TLT for short) is the first of the [Virtual World] trilogy by Shi Luo Ye, who also wrote Zhan Long, The Alchemist God, and Legend of the Swordking.
    The other two titles in the trilogy are: Virtual World: Conquering the World, and Virtual World: Unparalleled Under the Sky

MC of this story is former member of a legendary gamer team, who was ostracized and 'severed' by his family due to his gaming addiction. Up untill current translation (c163), we have yet to be given a clear situation of what previously happened in mc's 'previous life' (no, he is not reincarnated, just a figure of speech). However, we did given bits and pieces about it as the story goes along. The translation stranded for quite a while, so i forgot most of them, but it seems mc came from quite a powerful and wealthy family (i could be wrong tho, the gap between previous translation was too large)

=========

personally, i like this story more than i ever liked Zhan Long. It has better interaction between mc and his haremette, :blobamused: and each of them seems to have a backstory of their own.

the best part of this author's handiwork across his novels, imho, is his naming sense. This novels main characters's in-game handle is all vegetables-related (y)

2. venu101

venu101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    need to read this first i believe

3. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    there was a character, mc's old teammate who seems like a cameo of some sort of ye xiu from TKA. or at least based on him. confuses the hell out of me during the early chapters. TKA was also just starting (translation) back then.

4. xsdarknesssx

xsdarknesssx Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His family is mentioned in the chapters? I thought the reason he was at left the team was because he neglected his GF and something happened. Do not remember any mention of a family but I have not read it since it was dropped the first time.

5. null

null Procrastinate Lv MAX

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobfearful:
    VW:TLT 2007
    TKA 2013

Cameo from the future ? :sweating_profusely:

6. venu101

venu101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its 168 chapters long at the moment might take a month ._.

7. bloodsongs

bloodsongs New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi guys, I'm the translator for the series at the moment (I'd first like to apologize for the slow/delayed releases).

Someone told me that Chapters 157-158 (the ones done by Stray Cat) are gone (deleted?). If anyone has a copy of his translations, I can edit them and then host them on my site (obviously will credit Stray Cat and can take it down if he/she requests it). It'd save me like 8 hours per chapter so that I don't have to re-translate them and can just continue working on 170+.

Also, if anyone wants to help, I could really use someone who has recently read Lingson's translations of 1-156 to let me know what he named everything so that I can try to stay consistent.

Okay, that's all. Thanks!