Reading for free at Lezhin

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by AliceShiki, Mar 3, 2018.

?

Do you read Lezhin Comics?

1. Yes!

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. Yes, but only free chapters.

12 vote(s)
    31.6%
  3. Yes... At... Questionable sources... >.>

10 vote(s)
    26.3%
  4. Nope!

13 vote(s)
    34.2%
  1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Disclaimer: No, I'm not looking for pirate alternatives, I know plenty of those already, tyvm, I'm searching for legit methods.

So... I think anyone that visited Lezhin already saw that they have a system in which some chapters are locked behind a payment in coins, while a few others are free... From time to time some chapters seem to be randomly selected to become free for no reason in particular though, I was able to read up to chapter 88 on the RPG Comic through free chapters only. (it was really weird, there was one point in whch chapters 60-88 or so were free, but chapters 10-59 were locked or something... Well, I had already read the earlier chapters, so I could do it somehow)

While that is all fine and dandy, I'm a tad too lazy to regularly check their site in hopes that for some magical reason the chapters I want to read are put for free, and I don't really have the money to spend at it atm, I barely pay my bills right now.

So... I was wondering if there was some way to earn coins for free by doing something that is incredibly inefficient or something? There are only a few comics that I read there, so getting a small amount of coins wouldn't be much of a problem.

I coould search their site myself I guess, but I didn't even make an account there so far, and I wasn't able to navigate their site properly, so I thought I'd just ask instead.

Is there any method? Or should I just wait until my income is more stable and I can pay for it?

2. Lazytophat

Lazytophat Chicken Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 I want to know as well

3. Novela

Novela Immortal Sheep

Reading List:
    Link
    You can invite a friend it says ~
    Open to your friends, get 10 coins + 300P every day!
    A friend clicks the invite link and receives 100P.
    When a friend signs up, both you and your friend receive 200P.
    When a friend makes the first payment, both you and your friend get 10 coins.

Also there used to be this thing where you switched to Korean there was a calendar and you logged in everyday after like 10 days you get 1 coin and every 5 days 100points or so but that's gone :cry: it was a monthly login thing
    Like Korean language has more perks on lizhen (just checked and it has things you can get free money)
    https://www.lezhin.com/ko/page/free...campaign=free_coupon_event&utm_content=notice (was in notifications , when set in Korean language)

4. Kagutsuchi

Kagutsuchi 『Omnipresent Reader』

Reading List:
    Link
    Plus, you can farm "friends" using fake accounts : P

5. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *grumbles about the like limit*

Thank you Nove-chan! This helps a lot! *hugs*

Seems really easy to exploit though... Hmmmm... Well, if I was going to exploit the system, I might as well just use an illegit site... So...

Do you have an invite link Nove-chan? I don't have an acc at Lezhin yet, so I could join through your invite link, then try to invite some of my friends to join the site.
    Yeah, I expected as much, but I wouldn't go through this hassle if I wanted to exploit the system, I'd just use an alternate site.

I'll try doing it legitly instead.

6. IICreation

IICreation Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yea you could just make fake accounts with the +1 email trick to farm the coins its inefficent but its better than nothing. Wonder if they IP track though

7. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    I just stopped reading in Lehzin though there some interesting ones I had to drop.

8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    See Above.
    Well, there was one GL that really striked into my fetishes that I wanted to get back into reading and I was still at chapter 16...

RPG on the other hand is one I totally wouldn't mind dropping, but... I just don't feel like dropping it for some reason, so I want to get a way to read it.

I think it's nice having official publishers for those things (like Line for some other comics), so I want to support them when I can. I can't support them financially atm though, so I'm seeking other alternatives...

... I sadly don't have many hopes of getting my IRL friends into reading it though, so I'll probably get a pretty small amount of coins by working legitly with this... orz

Arcturus likes this.
  9. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey if hey had the option, watch 10 video ads in a row and get 100 coins, I'd probably do it. But the way it was, it was too tiring and I didn't feel like waiting endlessly for my story to be unlocked

10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *nod nod nod* I can totally understand the feeling! xD
    I just have a hard time dropping things in general.

I'd totally be willing to pay for them tbh, way more worth it than waiting endlessly, but money is too tight... orz

Who knows, maybe next year I'll have the money to pay for it.

11. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. Money is pretty tight for me too, or I'd donate to the patreons of my favorite webnovelists. But as it is, I have loans to repay, bills, etc.

12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Ganbatte!!! >.<

I'm glad I have no loans to pay... Luckily, public universities are the best ones in my country, so I got no student loan to enter the one I dropped... I can't even imagine how mad I'd be if I entered an university, only to drop out and have a huge loan to pay... *shivers*

Bills though, those haunt me every month! >.<

Arcturus likes this.
  13. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, for me it'll probably be a few more years before I feel comfortable paying for things like my favorite authors. Ah well. It is what it is.

14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Ganbatte!!!! >.<

Arcturus likes this.
  15. Novela

Novela Immortal Sheep

Reading List:
    Link
    Not going to invite because I don't used lizhen (used to use it , also most of the comics are sexual content) , give a poor soul the opportunity to invite you ?!

16. Popipopipoi

Popipopipoi ຈwຈCreepy fujoshi [Shem's kouhai♡]{Kurono's Pet☆}

Reading List:
    Link
    currently there is controversy with Lezhin about not paying their authors well, which is why currently many webtoons I have been reading (BL) so far has been on hiatus. So I feel it best to avoid paying the site for the moment.
    The worst thing is that Lezhin doesn't even admit this issue and has even fined / blocked some of their creators I think which is really sad
    http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=3043759

17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *nod nod* Most are sexual, but some are tamer, the 2 that I was reading weren't sexual, even if one was very fetish appealing...

Well, that's that I guess! >.<

*hugs*
    I'll read the article later, but for now...

I prefer to think like this... Why would someone use Lezhin if there are better opportunities available?

The answer is... They wouldn't.

In other words, even if they don't pay their creators well, it is still the best option for them, and they will still be supported by it.

I'd much rather support something that provides the best option for an uthor, than support something that doesn't help the author at all.

I'm double posting to trigger an alert, can you merge it for me @LaDyViL! :aww::aww::aww:
    Just read it... Hmmmm... They seem to be improving though? It's what the article seems to point at.

In particular, it seems like Lezhin had the monopoly of the market for same sex love, which meant it was the only platform available for those authors.

I do agree that what they were doing was pretty horrible, but they seem to have done some good changes already, and the government seems to be working on it as well... I think this is a good step forward and I'd definitely want to support it.

I'd much rather support a "bad" platform that is improving, over any other that is simply excluding authors altogether due to the theme of their publications.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2018
    Novela likes this.
  18. IcarosFx

IcarosFx New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you change the language to Korean, you can buy coins way cheaper.
    £2.28 for 21 Coin
    £5.79 for 61 Coin
    £11.70 for 131 Coin