Spoiler Pleasing Start-Over (BL)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by azure_sea, Feb 23, 2018.

1. charysa

charysa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC wakes up in a hotel room under the influence of aphrodisiac drugs. Somebody's in the shower and he doesn't want to wait around for that. So even as he sets the system to purge the drugs, he stumbles out of the room and calls the elevator. When the elevator opens at his floor, there's already someone in it, and he immediately recognizes the ML. What luck! So of course MC throws himself at hubby with a "save me".

ML thinks it's kinda odd that this isn't the first time he's met MC, but before it was just a "huh, pretty boy" kinda meh impression, but now he feels like he's not in control of his own actions, as he immediately takes MC home with him. Meanwhile, MC didn't bother to purge the rest of the drugs because, well. So they have sex. MC leaves before ML wakes up the next morning, because he wants to play hard to get or something.

MC returns to his place, which is like a tiny hovel, and looks up his backstory. This world is a not!Earth, slightly more advanced, slight different history, differences not all that relevant aside from homosexuality being widely accepted. Original MC used to be a young master who has really good looks, but really bad acting skills (adjectives like wooden and empty used). Still he went into acting and got some roles in various movies because people wanted to suck up to his daddy's money.

Then one day some guy from his dad's company embezzled a bunch of money and ran. His dad was about to chase after, when he suffered a car "accident" and died. After that, original MC was beset by debtors. He was also given really bad financial advise by "friends" to sell his stocks and house. Then suddenly a bunch of "news" came about slandering MC about how he abused coworkers and film crew. This forced him into only getting jobs like stunt work, and in one incident, he fell from a height and hit his head. He was diagnosed with a blood clot which may eventually cause blindness, and needed expensive surgery. His "friends" then lied and basically sold him to get sexed up by some rich dude which was the beginning of this section. In the original version, the MC jumped out the 16th story window rather than being raped and died.

The new MC isn't too interested in acting, but figured he owed it to his original self to give him closure along with revenge. So he looks through the computer through some of the screenplays that the original wrote for fun. Then took some of the better ideas and reworked them into a script, and submitted it to the media corp owned by ML's family.

After that one of his "friends" show up, the guy that original had been dating for a while actually (hence: ex-BF). MC of course immediately breaks up, which the guy had been coming over to do anyway. They verbally fence for a bit and MC basically make it clear the guy's not welcome anymore. (He learnt from the system that this guy had been one of the conspirators responsible for his dad's car accident.)

Couple of days later, he gets invited to the media corp about his script. He walks in the door and gets heckled by the front secretary (former model who had once upon a time tried to seduce MC's dad, small world). And then he's heckled by one of the lower managers. MC is about to leave when ML finally shows up. After finding out what happened, ML basically tells the two hecklers to pack up and leave, while pulling MC up to his office.

In the office, ML asks how much he wants for the script. MC says he doesn't care much about the money, but he wants to play one of the parts. ML is reluctant because MC past films indicate he's a bad actor, but MC talks him into letting him try with a backup actor on hand to do it if he's not up to par. As the part in question doesn't have that much screen time, ML finally agrees. ML also decides to play one of the main leads himself for reasons.

Anyway, MC does a great job with the acting, to everyone's surprise. ML asks him about the drastic change in ability from his previous performances, and MC vaguely shrugs it off as due to influence from all the traumatic changes in his life. The general populace was skeptical of MC's name on the movie's cast as well, but the fact that ML's company has a good rep for movie quality, and the fact that ML is playing in it himself, still draws in a lot of positive attention.

Anyway, the movie is a huge hit. (Not going to go into the details of the movie. Basically, it takes place in the equivalent of revolutionary era China. MC plays a now formerly rich and now destitute young master, who spends most of his scenes aside from one crossdressed, and has a are-they-or-aren't-they relationship with one of the two male leads that gets started when ML's character gets drunk and rapes the MC's character who was sneaking around to steal stuff. Also has an open ending that could be tragic or happy.)

MC bought back his original house with the money from the movie, but it's big and empty and full of memories and he doesn't really want to live there. ML offers him a suite in a condo(?) that he owns/lives in, which is kinda an excuse so they can get together and have sex a lot.

The movie, and MC, goes on to win some awards. Also, the workers from the movie were able to give interviews saying he was nice to work with, which washes away the bad rumors that were spread about him before. Meanwhile, his ex-"friends" movie production has been bogged down, because they haven't been able to get the money they were originally trying to sell the MC for (at the beginning of the story).

Things are slightly spoiled by the fact that MC suddenly blacks out for a while one day, scaring ML who was with him. MC finally remembers that blood clot thing that he kinda forgot about in his drive to do the movie. ML is not amused and drags him overseas to get his surgery done. After the surgery, MC says he feels nauseous like he's pregnant. ML thinks he's joking and says it's not like he's ever gotten pregnant before, so how would he know. MC doesn't say it but thinks that actually he has been pregnant, and with your spawn too (confirmation that there was mpreg in the previous worlds! ahem.)

They stay overseas for 2 months for observation (and for MC's hair to grow back). Soon as he gets back, his other ex-friend shows up and invites him along to lunch someplace to catch up. MC knows that they're up to no good again but goes along with it. He gets to the restaurant and there's the rich dude from the beginning of the story again, along with a bunch of bodyguards/enforcers and it's pretty clear what's up. MC shoots a heads up to ML and stalls for time. ML shows up with his own posse.

Rich dude is actually a distant relative of ML and desperately apologizes while being beaten up. (ML later orders rich dude to get dragged off to a deserted island and left there, with surveillance to prevent him from dying too soon. MC sometimes watches the surveillance videos and thinks they would make a good reality show.)

MC is kinda drunk by that point, and while flirting with ML on the way home, he accidentally mentions one of ML's previous incarnation's names. ML immediately becomes super jealous, trying to find out who this guy is. MC, after getting sober again, insists the guy doesn't exist and the ML must've misheard. In the end, ML doesn't find anyone with the name anywhere, so has to let it go.

Meanwhile, MC does want to have closure on the movie that his original self wanted to make but never got to make (the one stuck in production hell with his ex-friends), so he goes and tells him he'll put up the money if they'll let him have a specific starring role. They don't have any choice but to accept this.

During filming, the ex-friend tries to drive a stunt horse to charge at MC, but MC turns it around, and the horse ends up running over ex-friend, probably crippling him for life. He also has a hacker account release hacked photos of the ex-friends in compromising positions with other people and doing shady things. The ex-BF confronts MC, certain he's behind it, and asking him why he's doing this. MC reveals he's got the evidence now (un-wiped from security cameras via system) that ex-BF was involved in the embezzlement and accident that killed his dad, and they'll be seeing each other in court.

Ex-BF tries to drive a car into MC the next time he's out driving, but fails. He's in the hospital, looking like a drooling vegetable, but MC knows he's pretending. So he tells him about the deserted island that rich dude is now living on, and whether he thinks he'll have a better time in jail or when ML spirits him away into some hole. Ex-BF decides he'll take his chances with jail, though it ends up he doesn't get all that better treatment there.

Meanwhile, MC "convinces" hubby to fill in for the co-star spot on the movie that's still left hanging in production. It's another huge hit. MC later gets married to ML at 30, and retires from show biz at 40, and spends the rest of his days with ML touring all the little islands out there that ML apparently owns.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    magical_al00, Audene, Kleep and 37 others like this.
  2. Adawas

Adawas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my god I can’t stop laughing whenever ML tells MC to call him father and MC’s reaction to it is the best every time it’s brought up in each world.

3. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    So am I the only one who finds the 'father' thing cringey? :blobexpressionless: I don't even understand how it would be in any way sexy. ML wanting the MC to call him 'hubby' is much more understandable than this 'daddy' thing. And it's not the 'daddy' meaning where you're referring to the guy as the (future) father of your kids. It's grossing me out, seriously, cause I do have a father around and the idea itself is gross to death. Then again, I'm not into the generation gap incest with dads and uncles. Really, wth is with this kink? Someone explain it to me :blobfrowning:. I'm seriously scared that the ML will turn out to be mC's dad in real life and that's why he's so fixated on the word :notlikeblob:.

Ryss likes this.
  4. Storymonster

Storymonster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, the ML is the general. It's his soul-bits the MC is gathering, after all. And the whole "call me big papa" thing never comes into play in the real world. Which also means no explanation. (Although I MTL this and it was my first one ever, so it's very possible I missed something.) I was kinda hoping there would be an actual arc of them together in the real world but it was more like a quick wrap up. Felt a little rushed to me. I was kinda hoping we'd see what the ML's deal was with that fixation too...

Kleep, mmem and morticia_addams like this.
  5. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s like how homophobic people don’t understand the taste of fujo/danshi

6. clear

clear 『クソ主』 川(-'﹃ '-)川 『Bi Wenjun's Yoyo』

Reading List:
    Link
    I have finished this and curious about chapter 78 (iirc), the author wrote she omitted 3000 words during their sex scene, so i wonder if anyone ever see the full version ? bc when i checked ck101 & sto.cc, the two sites also omitted it

7. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    I really can't equate it tho. Man and man, man and woman, woman and woman and all other variations that I don't wanna go into - they're all people who want to love each other or have sex, but they aren't parent and child. That would be sick on so many levels. Saying I don't understand this father/son incest kink the same way homophobes don't understand liking gay stuff, is like republicans equating gay marriage to marriage with animals. I don't see the relation and it's a weak argument. I can pretty much understand some other kinks like BDSM, roleplay, furry not so much, but hey... And I guess this father/son thing may fit into the roleplay kink, but I'd be so turned off by a guy who wants to imagine doing his own son (and I totally see why the MC is put off). It's personal opinion, but I really don't get it. Let alone the actual incest father/son novels out there (there's a spoiler thread for one of those, got so grossed out every time I saw 'ML' when referring to the MC's dad :sick:). I'm still waiting for spoilers for someone to assure me the ML and MC aren't actual parent and child here and the ML is only a little sick in the head.

IndusEla likes this.
  8. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    You lost me at the republican part :cautious:

WagKalimutan likes this.
  9. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, they do say the dumbest shit from time to time. You can still be republican, no one's stopping you :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

10. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Dang, if even those sites didn't post it, then the author probably posted an image file that was locked for vip members under certain conditions... making it very hard for pirate sites to copy. I've seen some other authors do this when the content is too spicy for the censors. I've learned to live with not knowing :blobdead:. Can you make a tiny spoiler about the ending. Please tell me ML and MC are not related so I can keep reading with an easy heart. Why was the ML so fixated on MC calling him 'father'? If that's explained at all, of course.

clear likes this.
  11. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    I meant to say that I ran away the moment you drag something political in here

12. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, that's the fault of reading comprehension I guess. I see it all over. It has nothing to do with politics, I have no stakes there cause I'm not American. I was bringing in an example of using an unrelated argument to shut down another. Like someone (let's not use that scary political word then) saying 'allowing gay marriage is a slippery slope, cause then people will want to marry their pets.' Is the same as 'Not understanding father/son incest is the same as not understanding gay love' to me. So, not gonna continue the topic anymore. Hope you got what I meant. I do think being liberal and tolerant and accepting should have a limit somewhere, but it might be that I'm too narrow-minded. Still won't stop me from thinking certain things are gross.

13. azure_sea

azure_sea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    tbh, i can‘t guess where the „daddy“-kink is coming from. Maybe bc MC is an orphan and ML wants to occupy all roles in MC‘s life : husband, lover, dad, uncle, etc.
    (Iz actually would have made more sense in her other novel Cheating system, bc ML DID raise MC up in that one...)

Be assured, nothing incesty thing is in the ending! Even in the arcs there they aren‘t even remotely related. ML just suddenly has this kink and after some worlds together, MC just kinda gave up and says sometimes „dad“ just to get his way with ML. MC sees it as a childish weird kink of ML‘s that he doesn‘t want to get into ^^U

As for real incest: i don‘t really care, people want what they want. As long as they don‘t hurt other people, it‘s fine in my book. Of course, i could never imagine myself having this kink, it‘s disgusting to think about.
    But you never know some people‘s situations. I.e.: what if father and son/daughter never knew of each other, then fell in love, then found out, then decided to still carry on their relationship?

IndusEla, hikaharu, ludagad and 2 others like this.
  14. Adawas

Adawas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dang it the Beginning of the final ending was turning out great because of the possible future conflicts coming up, but then it smashed my hopes and dreams of a full story arc and instead the author chose to wrap the up in a jiffy. And now that I know that the author also hid the the uncensored scenes of MC and ML, I feel depressed. Why did you mention it!????!! :blobsob::notlikeblob::blobtired:

15. charysa

charysa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    RE: The whole "daddy" thing -- I can confirm that the MC and the ML do not have any sort of blood or adopted relationship in the real world. It's never actually explained why ML's alternate selves are so interested in having MC call him "daddy" though. Seems to be a plot thread that the author dropped.

The backstory is that the MC's original body was a doctor, a very skilled surgeon who comes from a family that's had several generations of doctors in various medical fields, and owns their own clinic. He had a childhood friend Fang Huai, who was a soldier, and they had a are-they-or-aren't-they kinda relationship, never actually got together due to another guy in the middle named Sun Yu, who liked Fang Huai and whose brother is a fellow soldier in Fang Huai's unit.

Sun Yu is also a doctor, and at Fang Huai's pleading, the original MC got Sun Yu a job at the family clinic. Then he found out Sun Yu was very incompetent doctor, nearly causing cases of malpractice for which he had to clean up after. He gave criticism on Sun Yu's actions, intending to point on areas the other man should fix, but Sun Yu took it as being looked down on, and just resented him more.

When the end of the world happened and the zombies appeared, Sun Yu was one of those people who started showing powers, specifically healing powers. Sun Yu's brother and Fan Huai also got powers, making them all important people in Zone Three. Whereas the original MC did not develop any powers and was a normal, and thus got relegated to menial jobs, while Sun Yu especially used underhanded ways to try and make his life miserable. Finally, Sun Yu tried to force original MC to hand over a set of surgical tools made of special material that was handed down from several generations. It was the final straw, and the original MC, after refusing, quietly left Zone Three.

He had been scavenging in an abandoned factory when he got knocked unconscious by falling debris, and would have been torn apart by zombies attracted by the smell of blood had not the new MC arrived. MC's arrival woke him up and when he saw the zombies outside the building, he immediately used the system to heal his wounds and look for a safe spot to hide. He managed to find a room that could seal himself up in, and waited until the zombies searched the building and then left in disinterest. He was also able to activate the latent powers in the body, which is also a healing power.

MC wasn't interested in going back to Zone Three. He finds a car and just aimlessly drives on, wondering how he'll find the ML. Then he comes across this area that feels weird, and gets attacked by mutant zombies. He's saved by some soldiers, and of course the guy who saves him is ML. MC heals some of the wounded soldiers in the team and they invite him to stay in Zone One. ML is the grandson of the leader of the zone, and also has a rare and powerful thunder power.

MC works his way up the ranks and gets himself involved in the research facility in Zone One, where they're researching stuff like how to boost powers, how the zombie virus works, etc. etc. There was an experiment in boosting soldiers that turned out wrong, and caused the soldiers to have bone growths that was threatening their lives. Healing powers couldn't do anything about it because it's a "natural" growth and not a wound, but MC was able to save those soldiers using old school surgery. The head of research is happy with his skills, and also gives him a research team on... I think researching the zombie virus. (There's a lot of medical terms in this story that I'm not really bothering to look up.)

Later, as contact is established between various zones, there's a deal between Zone Three and Zone One. Z3 had scavenged several vacuum chambers, which Z1 needs for medical research. On delivering the items, of course the ghosts from MC's past all show up in the party. Sun Yu tries to order MC around at first, still thinking him as a "useless" person, but is quickly disabused of his notions by the very protective Z1 people. Fang Huai tries to talk to MC but MC doesn't give him the time of day.

Anyway, Z3 tries to pull some shady stuff which is blocked because MC and ML know their up to no good. In the end, they decide they're going to have to get rid of the greedy Z3 upper levels. So they set a trap, where the Z3 people steal the completed cure for the zombie virus (though it's encrypted) and abduct MC and taken them back to Z3 and force the MC to work at their research facility. MC secretly uses the access to deactivate many of the city defenses, allowing Z1 to successfully attack and seize the area (along with several more vacuum chambers and research equipment).

Sun Yu's brother gets ripped apart by zombies when his colleagues sacrifice him to the zombies when trying to flee Z3. Sun Yu and Fang Huai are still alive when Z1 gets to them, but heavily maimed for the rest of their lives. MC goes on to perfect the zombificiation-reversal virus, and other cures. Zone One signs treaties with various other zones, giving them the various cures in return for Zone One being recognized as the leading faction/capital of the new nation that's forming. MC's name goes down the annals of history for his contributions to medicine and saving the human race.

MC wakes up in a futuristic setting with 3 genders and imperial government. MC's family is minor nobility, his parents are dead, and he's living at his uncle's household, but they're not really all that welcoming of him.

The current emperor is incompetent, and during his rule, the government became very corrupted, and is on the verge of collapse. Now that the emperor is old and often ill, power lies in the hands of the empress. There's only one prince, but the chances that he can stabilize the teetering nation isn't that great. The empress wants to use an item call the Legacy Book, which is an ancient artifact/device of the royal house that's rumored to be able to miracles to the "rightful king". No one knows what the criteria is for the rightful king, but on research, the empress found commonalities among the previous rightful kings in the historical records -- they were of the royal bloodline and they were birthed by a person of the third gender with a fertility rank of 5.

MC is the only person with fertility rank of 5 that could be found in the known empire, so he's immediately engaged to the crown prince, with the wedding date set "soon". The empress hopes to get a child that can be confirmed with the Legacy Book, cementing her son's rule. Unfortunately, everyone knows that the crown prince is madly in love with some other girl, so no one bothers to curry favors with the MC for her new position. In the original version, this leads to tragedy, as the prince made the original MC's life hell for his lover's sake, and killed him off as soon as a child was born.

During the wedding ceremony, MC sees ML in the audience, and continues to stare at him through the entire ceremony. Meanwhile, the crown prince spends the entire ceremony also staring at his lover in the audience.

Audience: ...... Is this really a wedding?

After the ceremony, MC avoids the spiked drinks that the empress sends to the room, and while the crown prince is initially affected by the drug, feeds him several more drugs before sending him off to his lover. Next morning, the crown prince goes a little mad and jumps out the window, injuring himself. MC of course avoids culpability because he jumped out the window of his lover's room, causing the empress to punish the lover. During the aftermath of the commotion, MC is also able to slip a chip to the ML, who's a cousin of the crown prince, Nanjing Wang.

MC goes back to his family's manor, using the excuse of retrieving some of his dad's stuff. He locks himself in his dad's study, where he knows from the system there's a hidden safe as well as a secret passageway to the outside. He goes off to meet ML, who actually came to the capital with the intention of claiming the throne (there's an complicated explanation of history/genealogy, but suffice it to just say that ML has a good claim and a lot of power behind him as well). MC makes him a deal - he'll help ML gets what he's come for, and in return he wants ML to marry when as soon as he gets himself free from the current crown prince. ML doesn't give a definite yes or no, but MC knows he'll agree, and leaves.

MC sets in motion some plots, which eventually results in him poisoning the crown prince's lover, causing the prince to for MC to drink the same poison, resulting in MC being determined infertile and dying. Because of that, the empress has no choice but to approve a divorce. MC is sent home, and then whisked away by Nanjing Wang, who's not amused at the method MC used to get out of the marriage. However, MC uses the system to fully recover from the poison.

MC also tells him that the crown prince is now infertile too (via the drugs he fed him on the wedding night). Nanjing Wang spreads the "rumors", giving the court an excuse to force the crown prince to undergo testing, which then confirm the rumors, further shaking the crown prince's claim to the throne.

Then ML announces he's marrying MC, and a quick wedding immediately follows, with the "bride" showing up with no signs of being half dead with poison.

ML demands to speak with the emperor, who hasn't been seen for a lone while now (he's been on life support while the empress has been handling rulership, cuz the prince is far from ready yet), insinuating that the empress is hiding the fact that the emperor has already passed on. The empress has no choice but to take the emperor off life support and give him boosting drugs to allow him to conduct an audience. During the audience, however, ML tell the emperor about his son being infertile. The shock causes the emperor to go into arrest, and he soon dies.

Now the fight for the throne gets real, not just the crown prince and ML but also a few other candidates are fighting for it. MC uses his foreknowledge from the system to tell ML about a natural space storm that's headed for several planets in the nation, so that ML can start making preparations for it and get the public on his side. He also reveals that it item that had been in his dad's hidden room is actually an access key to the Legacy Book. By combining their auras and using the access keys at the same time, MC and ML is able to activate the Book, which is some kind of supercomputer which can scan and produce efficient solutions to various problems.

All of this is more than enough to let ML claim the throne as the new emperor, making MC the new empress. Everyone else get their just deserts.

magical_al00, Audene, Kleep and 31 others like this.
  16. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you :D. I can kinda understand the ML's reasoning if it's like what you said and it is separate from his sexual urges. Not gonna comment on the RL incest. I was in the middle of writing a long comment about it, but this is not really the platform for it lol.

Same...I wish I didn't know. I can live without any smut scene, but knowing there is one and the author hid it away bothers me on unhealthy levels.

17. clear

Reading List:
    Link
    The ending, when MC woke up after the last world, ML already disappear bc he needed more treatment. MC kinda disappointed and left after told that they have transferred money to his account. He worked like normally until saw that ML about to engage w/ one of minister daughter (forgot whether minister or what), MC then decide to go away, he bought a small island and boringly live there . . . soon ML visited him, they talked a bit whether ML remember those world(s) and happy ending.

And don't worry they're not related to each other, honestly i confused too why ML likes to be called daddy, it would be better if he asked MC to call him hubby lol

mmem, swordfish, ahsudole and 8 others like this.
  18. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to the minister daughter?

19. clear

Reading List:
    Link
    ML didn't engage to the daughter bc everything was prepared w/o his consent, so when ML woke up he immediately clear all.

Poor_Hero, kiara8 and morticia_addams like this.
  20. Pachia

Pachia Go At My Own Pace~

Reading List:
    Link
    Did the ML care about the reality MC when he woke up? Or was he just grateful?