Magic Association Magic Association - Task Reporting Board

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by The Everdistant Utopia, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Ocean Sky

Ocean Sky Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Collecting of Herbs in the Association’s Greenhouse.
    After taking the task , i walk straight to the Association's Greenhouse.

"Ahh. . . I want to get over this quickly.. Why is there nothing like subjugation task on lower rank .. I cant waste my time by collecting herbs or clean out those sewers for a week.. "

Being in the lower class is indeed the worst. The payment was so small that you can only buy hard bread with it.

"*sigh. . . Its not like complaining would get me anywhere"

As i said that , i opened the door of association greenhouse .

"Wow . . Just How are those guys on guild manage this place"

I was impressed by the view inside the associations greenhouse . The scenery here didn't match the look of the building from the outside.

"Where should i start then? "

I checked the task description again and start looking for the herbs on the description. It was hard enough because i cant differentiate between the silent grass and the normal grass .

"Whew. . At last done! this is something that I shouldn't forget .."

I choose herb collecting task because I remembered those mage says that it's a piece of cake .
    But it was actually hard !

"Why I only had aptitude for healing magic"

I who can't even remember my own past.. Just living like a winds. Flowing without exact goal or destination .

"Ah isn't this.. ."

As I keep dilly dallying and complaining on my own incompetence saw the beautiful flower. .
    Colored just like a rainbow.

"Isn't this! ! Seven colored lily ! "

I can sense mana faintly flowing from it's petal.

"Wait .. What if I get it wrong again? Just like those damned grass. .. "

I took out the task description again.

"Why does the task description only filled by words . Can't they just draw on it? "

How does I differentiate it.. .
    I keep reading the task description.

"That's it! . It was highly poisonous if ingested .. "

The only thing I can proud is . My physical , and my healing magic. .
    " So this is the only thing that a block headed person like me can only do. "

Tsak
    I take a sip on the little parts of seven colored lily petals and then..

"AAAAARRGGGGHHH!! !"

As I thought. .
    IM SO STUPID!
    My body feels like it was burned.
    My skins feels like it was ripped.

"F*CK!! [Recovery Heal] !"

Why would someone plant something this dangerous in here!
    That's not it.. .
    How did I get the idea to eat it on the first place ..
    Ah . . This is so stupid

"*sigh.. * well with this atleast the task is done"

I wiped my sweat and proceed to the association to report my task .

3 blue coriander, bunch of silent grass, and one seven colored lily .

For the receptionists and other member that still reporting your own task.
    This is my first time writing this kind of report .. I never translated any novels too . So I doubt it would be good. . My English was messy.. But I hope you guys still understand what I meant.

Name: Ocean Sky
    Race: Human
    Sex: Male
    Position: Member

@The Everdistant Utopia

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  2. Mlaser

Mlaser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Collection of herbs near Association

I went out of the city earlier in the morning. I dislike walking on the city when it is replete of humans. Is not that I am racist, is that are always someone gazing at me. Or maybe I am just a bit paranoid, or it just I22 attracting attention, she is beautifully made after all.
    We do not needed to go far away in the search for herbs, there is plenty of Blue Leaves next to the forest, most likely is avoided thanks to the creatures that appear nearby. I was just counting on this possibility to not get rust in my combat abilities, but nothing appeared.
    Don’t took too long for us to come back, we delivered the Blue Leaves earlier. The Association it is just too full of people delivering on the evening when the majority of people come back.
    @Naraku

3. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hmmm..." After looking at the report, Umbrum seemed to hesitate a bit before finally talking after picking up the rewards from the drawers.
    "You have done a good work ! Here you go, Three Large Wooden Coin and a Tablet of 20 Merits !"

OOC: FOund it a bit short, but that's alright~
    That's just me~

4. Mlaser

Mlaser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually extremely short on my words. I'm trying to correct that. I will try to take a time to look how other people do their reports.

5. The Everdistant Utopia

The Everdistant Utopia Honorary Maou | Part Time Writer | Crau's

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hmmm... You was.... Ah, Ocean. Welcome back." Sorgre said, checking the report and the herbs that were brought back. "Hmmm... Everything seems to be in order. Your reward is 1 L. Wooden coin, 10 Merit Points and a Bundle of Blue Coriander."

"On a side note, I believe that soon we'll have subjugation tasks to do~"

((On a side note, it's not that bad~
    I mean, it has some few errors, but it's still readable and enjoyable~

Overall a nice job~!))

6. Mlaser

Mlaser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Apraising items at government office
    Victor wake up on the morning like any other day.

“Good morning I22”

“Good morning Master”

This scene may be a lonely thing, he indeed find a little bit of comfort in her however he has another reason to treat her like that. If he didn’t do it its easily to see her as just an object. This is not wrong, homunculus even with functional metabolism, it can be hardly considerate as a person, but if you are used to treat her, that has human like appearance as an object, it’s not to hard to start treating people like that.

“I need to stop thinking about this, I not gonna turn into a person like Master.”

Took little time to both of them to get ready and exit the inn.

“We need to find a house if we decided to stay in this city.

“But for that we need money. So we need to do more jobs.”

It has no difficult to find a request in the association. Soon they went to the Government Office where they found a huge muscular man in charge of the deposit.

“Hello, we came here in name of the Association to identify items.”

“Anyone of you two cunts can fucking appraise a simple item?”

“Don’t worry I can do it. I have plenty experience in formations.”

“I only need people that--- Look, just appraise this in less than an hour and I will let you do the fucking job.”

He pick ups a sword and throw at Victor, who sighs and mutter to no one.

“Formations is pretty similar to enchanting.”

Victor and I22 found a table nearby where they can work. He begins to analyze the sword.

“This sword doesn’t appear to be a good weapon for enchanting, the craftsmanship is too crude for a sword to be worth enchanting, but indeed have aura of enchanted object.”

He began to inject his mana slowly concentrating in the path and modifications that occur when going through the sword.

“This, it can’t be.”

He then proceed to test the sword again.

“Well, forget what I say about this sword being a bad choice to enchant”

He returns to the deposit and gives back the sword to the muscle guy.

“So, how you classify this sword?”

“There’s not a standard for it. It can be called Sword of Warm. It should be a sword that imbue itself in flames, but they made the enchants too inefficient for it. The max it can do is make the blade warm.”

“At least someone is right. The bastards mixed the real equipment with a bunch of failures that are going to be disposed of. And now the majority of appraisers that they send are just a bunch of faggots that can only do a superficial appraisal.”

He sighs heavily and began to talk with a more amiable voice.

“Go. Pick any random item in this shelf, appraise it and write the details on parchment, attach it to the item and put it here. Just make sure that you put your name as the appraiser on it. When you finish all the items talk to that woman over there.

Paying no more attention he return to dealing with some papers.

Victor choose random items and began the appraisal.

Name: Self Burning clothes
    Details: This set of clothes burns itself when activated, this is mos likely a try to make it self cleaning, but the wrong choice of runes was been made.
    Appraiser: Victor Val

Name: Mirror of nothing
    Details: The majority of mana imbued in this item is dissipated. The mana goes through various inefficient processes of conversion in an infinite loop.

Name: Electric Sword
    Details: A sword that constantly emit waves of electricity when used. The wearer is protected against their own effect.

Name: Invisible Mug
    Details: This mug became invisible when the liquid inside is hot. The liquid still stays visible.

Doesn’t take much time to finish the work. He talks to the woman indicated and exit the building.

“Its still afternoon so let’s spar again after we report the task”

“Sure”

Like this, Victor and I22 finishes their day of work.
    @Naraku

BB_Tensei and Naraku like this.
  7. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    After completely reading the report, Umbrum nodded and gave his approval and opinion, to him, it seemed to be good from his point of view.
    "Oh, you appraised only enchanted items ? Quite interesting... I don't have enough knowledge to do that~ often it's my friend doing it for me when I take this quest... Ooops, I was rambling ! Excuse me !" Umbrum scratched his head with an awkward grin as he continued to talk after taking the rewards and giving it to them.
    "Anyway, here is 3 L.Wooden Coins, 10 S.Wooden Coins and 20 Merits !"

8. Valera

Valera [Clueless][Kurasa][Alea & Mikki's sister]

Reading List:
    Link
    Produce a Simple Potion
    I once again changed into my priestess garbs, setting out to Master Ona’s home, bringing some green tea leaves. The Magic Association recommended that newbies go to her train.

(Flashback)
    “Hey newbie! You gotta watch out for that Master Ona!” Someone from the other reception desk.

“Don’t mind him newbie--” The receptionist said.

“It’s Valera.” I told her.

“Yes...anyways, if you want to learn how to make potions, Master Ona is the one you should go to. She is super sweet if you get to know her. Here is a map to her home. You might get lost if you don’t follow this map.” The receptionist said. “Oh! She loves green tea.”
    (Flashback Ends)

I went through a small forest before finally seeing a homey cottage. I walked to the door and knocked

“The door is open.”

I walked in after I heard that the door isn’t locked. Master Ona, who had rose red hair and emerald eyes, was reading a book on the sofa.

“You will make a truth potion today. The Association needs three.” She said without looking up. “Put the green tea on the counter.”

“Yes!” I said. “Can you teach me how to make to potion?”

“Yeah Yeah. Preheat the pot. Then get ready five Liar Flowers and two Dark Bitter Roots. Then grind them together in that porcelain mortar on that table. Pour the herbs in the pot and some of the blue solution on the counter.”

I did as she told. It was pretty easy grinding herbs because I do that regularly at home. Not long, I had the perfect mixture of the two herbs.

“Not bad for a newbie.”

I jumped, when did she get behind me?!

“Now pour the mixture in the pot carefully with the blue solution. You have to constantly stir the mixture.” Master Ona said.

“Yes!” I said with determination. This little work won’t faze me.

“Good, cause you’ll do that for one hour.” She said.

Thunderstruck, but I didn’t complain. So for one hour straight, I stirred the potion mixture. She poured herself newly brewed green tea for herself and continued to read her book.

“I think it’s good now....” I said, tired.

“Okay. use those potion bottles over there and pour the mixture equally in each of them”

I was quickly done with that.

“Not bad for a newbie.” She said when she peered over. I was surprised, she must be a high level witch to know the quality of the potions from afar.

“Now take them back to the Association. Oh, this is for you. Open this bottle after you exit the forest.”

She tossed me a porcelain bottle when I was about to leave with the truth potions. Puzzled, I placed it in my pocket and walked out of the forest. After I exited the forest, I took the bottle out of my pocket and shook the bottle a bit. That guy back at the association must be exaggerating. I smiled that she gifted me a potion. Excited, I opened it. Quickly, the smell of Fire Root assaulted my nose.

“Shoot--” *Boom*

Later…..
    “Oh my goodness!” The receptionist gasped.

I handed her the potions that she’ll give to the Association later.

“Hahaha!!! What did I tell you newbie! Be careful of Master Ona!” The same guy from before laughed.

I’ll never underestimate Master Ona again.

@Naraku

9. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Pfff..." Umbrum retrained himself from laughing as he read the last part of the report, he scratched his nose and continued to talk on a cheerful tone.
    "Good work~ sorry for being late, I was taking a nap, haha~" As he took the rewards from the drawers, some wooden coins and a tablet on which it was engraved 10.
    "Here you go, 1 L.Wooden Coin, 10 S.Wooden Coins and 10 Merits~ I hope you have a nice day !"

Valera likes this.
  10. Nahrenne

Nahrenne Sister|Daughter|Niece|Aunt|Mummy

Reading List:
    Link
    Returning from outside, Trima came into the room carrying several items as well as a book.Looking around, she soon spotted the desk staff who accepted her wish to enchant a simple item and made her way towards them. Placing the book on the desk, she said:
    "Thank you for the book, it was an interesting read and enlightened me on a few things I had not known before!"
    . . .
    "Ah! The task!"
    Placing the items on the desk, it was clear that Trima had made more than one thing. Looking at the non-human, she explained: "I wasn't too sure if any of them fit the requirement of a simple enchanted item, so I ended up making more than one. Sorry about the mess I made."
    Looking a bit embarrassed, she eyed the pile of enchanted wood items on the desk, before looking at the ground, waiting for her products to be examined.

After leaving the tasks room, Trima made her way outside, feeling more comfortable when in the fresh air and sun than in the stuffy stone buildings. Moving to a secluded spot she had located earlier and chosen as a practice ground, she slowly raised her right arm in front of her, before using her wood manipulation spell to turn it back into many branches. Digging her roots into the soil, she activated her replenish spell as she grew out her arm, splitting it into many branches of equal size, before cancelling it and using her wood manipulation to break off her entire arm.

Now that her arm was detached, she activated her replenish spell once again to regrow her arm, shaping it with wood manipulation back into a human-looking arm. Seeing that her limb was replaced, she turned her attention to the 8 body-length sticks lying on the grass. Picking one up, Trima wasn't entirely sure what to do next, when she suddenly remembered the book that was given to her before she left. Looking at it, she wondered what kind of stuff she would learn from it, and became as still as a tree while she read every page.

After reading for about 4 hours straight, she noticed that the sun had moved past its apex and was now beginning to move down. Taking this to mean it was time to get to work, she put down the book and pondered over which enchanted item to make.
    Well, I can't do any of the metal ones, or the ones made from minerals because I don't have the money or material to do it with. These wooden ones seem just right, though. I mean, I am literally wood...and sap...and mana crystal...ah, don't forget the leaves!
    . . .
    Anyway, the best items to make would be the bow, wand, staff, shield and...what was the other thing? Oh! A broom! I don't really know why anyone would want an enchanted broom, though. What's it going to do? Make you fly?

*giggles*

Well, let's start with the broom then.

Picking up the nearest stick, she used her wood manipulation magic to split the wood on one end to look like that of a broom, making the wood more supple, yet strong at that end to ensure it didn't snap off easily. Not happy enough with it, she took a mana crystal out of her body and inserted it into the handle part, leaving only a little part of it showing, with no way for it to get out without breaking open the wood. Still not happy with it, she manipulated the wood to form a hand grip to make it easier to hold. Now pleased with her first product, she placed it down before picking up the next stick.

Hmm, a staff might be fun to make.

Using her wood manipulation magic to shape the stick, she focussed on the top, making an intricate lacy design that was strong enough to withstand blows. Wanting to make it look more pretty, she added three mana crystals to the holes, having the wood surround them tightly in place. Moving her hands down the staff, she made some hand grips to make it more comfortable. Happy with this new product, she placed it on the ground next to the first one, then looked for her third stick.

Deciding to make a bow next, she used her wood manipulation magic to make the stick exceptionally supple and strong, she then broke off several strands of her leafy hair and manipulated it to become strong and elastic, but still taut enough to produce power when drawn on the bow. Plaiting the hair together, she tested its strength and elasticity before attaching it to the bow. Sliding her hands to the centre of the item, she grew a hand grip out of it. Thinking she was done with this item, she placed it with the other finished products and activated her replenish spell, recovering the mana she had lost from making the three items.

After about half an hour of replenishing, she returned to her task and picked up the fourth stick, deciding to make a shield. Using her wood manipulation magic to flatten shrink and stretch out the wood into a round shape large enough to cover a torso, she then began reinforcing its structure to make it less fragile. She added a handle to the back of it, including a hand grip to ensure it would not slip out of its owner's hand. Once she was finished doing that, she took out about 30 small mana crystals from her body and inserted them all around the edge at the front. Satisfied that she had done all she could with the shield, she turned her attention to the fifth stick and contemplated how to make a wand.

Looking at the pictures in the book, Trima thought to herself that she needed to reduce the amount of wood to be used, otherwise it would be too big. So, she used her wood manipulation magic to split the stick exactly in to quarters, making four equal-sized sticks. Picking one of these smaller sticks up, she moved some of the wood mass down to the bottom, giving off a tapered look, before she made a swirling ridge pattern going up the stick, making the entire thing easy to grip from anywhere. She then took out a mana crystal and split it into tiny pieces, before inserting them inside the stick, hardly showing at all to increase the comfort of the holder.

After doing that, she made another three wands in the same way, as well as three more staffs. After completely using up the 8 sticks she had made at the start, she began writing her report . Seeing the sun going past the horizon, she gathered up the products, report and book, before making her way back to the tasks room, a little worried about whether she had done the task properly or not, but happy that she got to practice her magic.

Items made:
    - 4 enchanted wooden staffs imbued with wood and water element mana crystals, if burned will produce a dangerous toxin that can be fatal. Sturdy and strong.
    - 4 enchanted wooden wands imbued with wood and water element mana crystals, if burned will produce a dangerous toxin that can be fatal. Supple and light.
    - 1 enchanted wooden broom imbued with wood and water element mana crystals, if burned will produce a dangerous toxin that can be fatal. Sturdy and strong.
    - 1 enchanted wooden bow imbued with wood and water element mana crystals, if burned will produce a dangerous toxin that can be fatal. Strong, supple and light.
    - 1 enchanted wooden shield imbued with wood and water element mana crystals, if burned will produce a dangerous toxin that can be fatal. Strong and sturdy.

All items possess a high conductivity to mana.

@Ddraig

OOC: Not sure if I did this right.
    Going to bed now, so sorry if I don't respond for ages.
    Night night~!
    And thanks in advance for looking at this.
    X

11. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    "All the items seem really well made. Everything seems perfect. Association will be taking one of the staffs as the requested enchanted item, " said Momo after reading the report.
    "Your rewards are 1 L. Wooden coin, 10 S. Wooden Coins and 10 Merit Points."

Ooc : Wow you have written a really good report. Good night.

12. Nahrenne

Nahrenne Sister|Daughter|Niece|Aunt|Mummy

Reading List:
    Link
    Coming into the task room, Trima looked for the staff member she spoke to before, her large basket of Blue Coriander herbs under her arm. Finally seeing them, she began to head towards the desk when she was stopped by a young man who was red in the face.
    Oops! I nearly walked into that person.
    Completely oblivious as to why the man was in front of her, she tried to skirt around him and continue on her way, however...
    "Ah! Miss! Miss!"
    Hearing the person calling out from her side, she didn't think anything of it, not realising it was her he was calling to. That is, until he grabbed hold of her free arm...
    EH!?! What's happening!?!
    Being forcibly stopped by the young man's grab, Trima was confused and a little scared at his 'hostility'. Unsure of what to do, she quickly bowed and said: "I-I'm sorry, I didn't kn-know I got in your w-way! I didn't mean it!"
    Not really, instead her words came out as:
    "Way mean I know got I didn't I'm your it sorry!"
    >w<
    ". . ."
    ". . ."
    Looking at her, a little confused by her words, he took the opportunity to say:
    "Let's not bother with what you just tried to say. I wanted to thank you for that tasty fruit you gave me yesterday, I feel a lot more energetic than usual! I also no longer feel pain from my dislocated shoulder. Not even the nurses at the infirmary could treat it, saying the medicine would be too expensive for me to buy. So, thank you!"
    His face beamed with a smile as he let go of her arm. He then continued to talk...but to no audience except the other MA members nearby, taking on tasks or submitting reports.
    "I just wanted to say that I think you're very beautiful and was wondering if...you...eh?"
    Not understanding social interactions, never mind romantic ones, Trima had already left the young man once her arm was freed, too scared and shy to stay any longer.

Reaching the desk, she placed the basket of herbs on top and said:
    "I've come to hand in the herbs I collected, along with a red and black fruit I found. Here's my report."

Leaving the Task building, Trima calmed her mind from her earlier panic and internally examined herself, checking for any loss of control over her poisonous sap. After thoroughly examining herself for roughly 15 mins, she concluded that there was no longer an issue and made her way towards the nearby forest where she had learned of many different herb locations.

Wondering which type of herb she should collect, she thought about what the association would probably be most in need of at the present time. Thinking back on some conversations she’d unintentionally overheard and seeing the destroyed buildings surrounding her, she remembered some mention of a wave of creatures being found in the city itself. Going by what she had heard, apparently several members of the MA got seriously injured protecting the citizens from being harmed. This led Trima to think that the best kind of herb would be one that focused on healing the body. Of course, her fruit would be quite ideal for this, however she wasn’t sure what people would do if they learned it was grown from her body.

Would they treat me as a monster to be feared? Would they become hostile and place a bounty on my bark?

She thought back on the early years of her sentient life, where she had very little control over herself and caused so much destruction and death. Never again! Having a newfound determination to help the people recover from the recent attacks, Trima made her way to the largest group of Blue Coriander herbs she had detected whilst communing with the neighbours.

Roughly 20 minutes later, she had naturally taken the shortest route to a deep part of the forest where many Blue Coriander herbs were growing. The local poisonous plant-life didn’t affect her due to being made from wood, and the wildlife did not feel threatened by her presence, so did not attack her. Reaching the herbs, she used her Natural Sense to connect with the herbs. She coaxed them with her mana to uproot themselves without damaging anything. This process took about 3 hours to do since she had never really tried this before since she had no need to. After ensuring that each herb was undamaged and healthy, she used her Wood Manipulation magic to form a basket to put the herbs into.

Not sure on whether she had gathered enough herbs to be considered a helpful contribution, she went to another area of the forest that also had a large amount of Blue Coriander. Doing what she did before, Trima spoke to the herbs using Natural Sense and easily collected them all. Wanting to be sure that the amount she had gathered would be good, she repeated the process of finding, coaxing and collecting until night had fallen.

Feeling herself becoming sluggish from the lack of sunlight, she ceased her activities and began to Replenish. Her body soon went into the usual hibernation state she so often fell into when night came – almost the equivalent of when those with flesh went to sleep.

As the sun rose in the sky and warmed the leaves/hair on Trima’s head, she stirred from her ‘slumber’ and disconnected herself from the root network. Hmm, if I don’t deseed these herbs and plant them, then the Blue Coriander population could be decimated from over farming. I’ll have to be sure to grow their children in their place.

Having the knowledge from being connected to the root network, Trima removed the seeds from all of the herbs she had collected. quickly and efficiently – damaging none of them. Once all seeds had been removed, she stored them within herself so her mana could nurture them before she planted them, since she wanted to ensure they had the best start in life. Feeling the need to nurture the children in her secluded spot, so she could better protect them, she headed there before thinking of submitting her task report.

After about an hour of walking through the forest, she eventually reached her secluded spot. Checking on her storage tree, she saw no signs of tampering or damage, so left it be while she resumed her attention on the seeds. Using her branch fingers to puncture many small holes into the ground, Trima carefully took out each seed and gently placed them in each hole. Before tucking them in, she tried to gather a little of the water within her, releasing a drop of mana-filled water over each child. Closing the holes, she then used her roots to create small pathways beneath the seeds, as a way to guide the Blue Coriander roots to the closest water and mineral source. Of course, she would be connecting with them as much as possible, so she could teach them how to survive.

I don’t want you all to miss out on having your parents but know that they are leaving for a noble cause. She said to them in her mind, feeling a little guilty about gathering her friends to give to the MA. This is kind of silly, they don’t even have voices or thoughts of their own, they just live…

…not like me…

…none of them are like me…

Feeling a little depressed over her uniqueness among her species, she turned her attention back to her task.

All right, now I need to submit these to the staff member at the desk and hand in my report. Hmm, maybe I should add in that I found a fruit, (my fruit), that seemed to have beneficial properties…

…I’ll add it in as a passing observation that I saw some red and black fruit and picked one for the MA to examine. Yeah, that’ll be the best outcome. Ah! I won’t give details of where I found it though, I don’t want them locking me up and doing experiments on me…that would be bad.

Checking the seed patch one last time, Trima picked up her large basket of Blue Coriander and headed towards the task building, a single Umdhlebi fruit amongst the herbs.
    Blue Coriander herbs gathered (x600)
    Umdhlebi Fruit (x1)
    Blue Coriander seeds planted in secluded spot (x1000+)

@Ddraig

OOC: Sorry it took so long, I was doing dungeon runs in TOR and looking for pics for future wood 'familiars'.
    >w<
    Do say if the amounts are excessive of not and I'll rectify them, I just thought that with her natural affinity with plants that she would have been able to locate a vast quantity. That and she wanted to help those affected by the attacks.
    X

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  13. Ddraig

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooc : pfffffft. This was funny. BARK.

"Good job. We were running low on the blue corrianders. But this many, looks like you were super lucky. Hmm the fruit seems interesting, i will send it to the researchers." said Momo with a smile on her face.

Ooc : next time lower the amount a little. Also that's a really good report. Your introduction was longer than some of my reports..........*sighssss*

14. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    Help out in the Library
    Type: Researcher, Simple Task
    Description: A simple task to help organizing the library. It’s always messy due to the constant flux of people.
    Day 23, Month 2, Personal Year 1289
    I have accepted the task to help out sorting the books in the library as it is frequently visited by many people. The receptionist Sor-Sogrer? Sorgre? It is very hard for me to remember his name for some reason, but from what I can tell, he is a nice person despite having a big frame. Everybody I have encountered so far in the Magic Association are nice. It seems it was worth the price for coming here.
    I asked Sorgre for the route to the library and went there as fast as possible. He did say Godspeed, but running is actually a bad habit I couldn’t forget ever since I was a child.
    Apparently there are multiple libraries, so I simply took the one from the nearest to the Magic Association. As it was dawn, the light from the sunrise blinded my eyes for a moment before I could see the scene of the crowds busy walking, selling and buying in this fast city. I walked slowly to avoid trouble and eventually found the library.
    “Hello? I have come here from the Magic Association to help organize the library.” (Qesar)
    “Oh. Welcome! Please come this way.” (Librarian)
    I followed the librarian, who had pointed ears and and teal blue hair, to a table totally covered by books. “I want you to put these books back to the shelves. Will you be able to do that?”
    I was quite hesitant to answer as I was actually unable to read Nuffik. When I explained this to the librarian, instead of scolding me and getting angry, she gave me an arrangement chart and a paper with all Nuffik letters in it. She- Sroska is a kind woman.
    It took me a while to memorize the letters, but things got easier eventually. It still took me hours to actually put a hundred and eighty books back to the shelves though. Still, I was happy.
    The library was not very crowded, but it wasn’t exactly empty either. Every now and then, a book I had put back got taken by a visitor. It didn’t upset me, but it did bother me a little bit. Then I thought: “This probably happens quite often,” so I simply stopped minding about it.
    When noon arrived, I finally finished arranging the books and asked Sroska to lend me Basic Knowledge about Magic, a book I had found when I was sorting the books. She had no problems with it and let me read them in the evening.
    As the library was about to close, I finished reading four chapters of the book and there were some passages which piqued my interest. From what I understand, casting a spell is a type of self hypnosis to guide the mind into forming the magic. However, as multiple persona reside within me, wouldn’t I be different from the others? After all, “everyone is unique”, “you and I are special, just like the others”. Would I even be able to comprehend magic as another person would?
    “...Qesar. Stop thinking about that, go to the librarian and go to the Magic Association. It is late, so we don’t have much time before we sleep.” (???)
    ...right. I went to Sroska, said my goodbyes with a smile and went to report my first task to Sor...
    “Sorgre. As in, sorcerer ogre.” (???)
    Right. I went to report to Sorgre.
    @The Everdistant Utopia

15. The Everdistant Utopia

The Everdistant Utopia Honorary Maou | Part Time Writer | Crau's

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hmmm. Qesar! Finally back, I see." Checking the report, Sorgre smiled. "It seems everything is in order. Your rewards here." He placed a leather bag over the counter. "1 L. Wooden coin and 10 Merit Points. Thanks for the hard work! I hope you liked our library. If you liked that book on magic, do pay a visit there later."

((The report was quite nice~
    Also...))
    ((... It was about goddamn time someone noticed this! XD))

Zone Q11, Nahrenne and AliceShiki like this.
  16. Wobbly

Wobbly [Unstabbable][He Who Courts Death][Whimsical]

Reading List:
    Link
    The first thing Sullivan did after recieveing his quest was go borrow a basket. It wasn't too difficult; the inn he was staying at kindly lent him a basket after he had asked. His uncle had done his best to make sure Sullivan had a comfortable time in the new city and had reserved a room at the inn for a month in advance. Such a generous customer assured the staff of Sullivan's trustworthiness, along with the fact that he would have to return to the inn to rest. If Sullivan did leave with the basket, the month's worth of payments would definitely cover the cost of the basket.

Sullivan's cautious nature took part here. He spent a few days before taking the task researching the area's characteristics. From his information, he decided the west side of the city would be the best area for herbs. Sullivan had asked a few locals as well as some shopkeepers in the herb business, and the most common information was that the area west of the city had the most amount of herbs. Sullivan then approached some of the guards of the city, questioning about the monster appearances around the city. Thankfully, the outskirts of the city were mostly safe, but going further could result in danger. There were a lot of wolf sightings, so Sullivan made sure to note that.

As Sullivan walked around the city, he marveled at the variety of races he saw. His home city was mostly dominated by humans, but the capital had such a mix of people that discrimantion would provoke what seem to be half the city. Just the thought of it brought a slight smile to Sullivan's face. As a victim of prejudice himself, although it was when he was only a child as most of the children grew out of it, Sullivan had no good feelings to those who single out another just because their appearance is different.

Sullivan triple checked his luggage before leaving. Although the task was of the easiest and wouldn't take more than a day, Sullivan made sure he was prepared for the worst. He had created another Will-O-Wisp after a week to a total of three. Although few and of the lowest rank of souls, these Will-O-Wisps were able to easily destroy any random ghost that approached. In fact, Sullivan had learned a new trick in the past week. By keeping a Will-O-Wisp in the lantern so it'd glow, as long as Banish was kept within the light emitted from the lantern, the curse was masked.

Sullivan breathed in as he walked to the west gate of the city. He had always loved walking, and, even though it was strange to say, was good at it. He walked almost perfectly, his steps muffled and energy conserved as much as possible; he looked like he flowed over the ground. Sullivan attributed this to his childhood experience of having to walk an extremely long distance to escape the orc tribe. Not running or jogging, but walking. He kept a regular pace as he walked through the city. After about twenty minutes, Sullivan reached the city center. One of the reasons Cole had chosen this inn was because of its proximity with the city center. There, Sullivan hailed a carriage to take him to the west gate after getting some street food. After paying the driver, Sullivan spent 18 Small Enchanted Wooden Coins.

The western outskirts had a small field that had a border of trees. The forest seemed to stretch endlessly, although rough paths could be seen. Sullivan took a deep breath before taking out a Will-O-Wisps. He made it follow him as he used [Wightspeed] to move into the forest. He searched for 30 minutes before discovering a few Moon Roses. The white stood out, so he was able to easily identify it. He placed them in the basket carefully before continuing to walk around.

Only ten minutes later, the visible Will-O-Wisp began to visibly react. It flew over to a seemingly empty space before stopping. Sullivan walked over and began to understand the soulspeak. The Will-O-Wisp was trying to say it felt something, and it was now hovering over it. Sullivan contemplated for a moment before recalling one of the herbs the Association had registered on their list. Sulllivan bent down, and sure enough, some of the grass had a lighter tone. The Silent Grass would have been passed over even for the most careful of observers, but as Sullivan stared at it for a minute, he began to notice the minute difference in shade. Sullivan plucked the grass, smiling at his luck.

He turned to the Will-O-Wisp and used mana to soulspeak to the soul. He transmitted approval and made sure the Will-O-Wisp knew to inform him if there were more to be found. As he looked past the Will-O-Wisp, he noticed a few oddly colored leaves in a bush. He went over and confirmed it was a Liar Flower. The bush was extensive and already 1/3 of the basket was full. Sullivan smiled at how easily the task was progressing.

Another twenty minutes went by before Sullivan saw another bush of Liar Flowers. However, he saw the rumored wolves as well, so he silently retreated before the canines noticed him. About an hour had passed before the Will-O-Wisp found another handful of Silent Grass. Sullivan tacitly decided that he would be keeping this grass since the Will-O-Wisp had such a reaction. He promised to later research it more thoroughly once he returns to the city.

Sullivan wasn't moving with [Wightspeed] while looking for herbs because he was afraid he would miss a herb as he would be moving too fast. Another 25 minutes went by before Sullivan bumped into another person. The man noticed Sullivan was collecting herbs and smirked. The two were both cautious of the other, as no one would be able to discover the perpetrator if someone was murdered in the wilderness. Slowly, Sullivan spoke up first and broke the stalemate.

"There's a wolf pack in that area." Sullivan pointed to where he came from.

The man loosened up a bit, and responded. "Thanks for letting me know. There's a herb garden over there near the stream. There's a tree marked with a triangle, you'll see it." He pointed in another direction.

The two stared at each other for a moment before they both walked in a circle, heading in different directions. Although the other didn't know for certain whether or not they were being told the truth, they had an implicit agreement to not head the same way. Sullivan walked for fifteen minutes before coming across a tree with a triangle carved on it. Beyond that, there was a patch of herbs on the ground.

Sullivan's eyes lit up. The man had been telling the truth. This made his job so much easier. Sullivan walked over and filled his basket with Liar Flowers before putting the Moon Roses and Silent Grasses on top. He then went over to the location the Will-O-Wisp was hovering over before plucking all the Silent Grass. Finally, Sullivan collected the prize of this garden, a Moonwater Lily. There was only one, but Sullivan was ecstatic nontheless. He wouldn't use it, but a rarity was a rarity and he could always sell it. Maybe the man was on a different mission and didn't have any information on herbs, but Sullivan's fortune left him in a good mood.

It took much less time to get back to the capital. Sullivan used [Wightspeed] to spend only 20 minutes to get back to the gates, and another 15 minutes to wave down a carriage to the Association headquarters. Sullivan handed the driver a Large Enchanted Wooden Coin and got 12 Small Enchanted Wooden Coins in return. He approached the counter and spoke. "I'd like to hand in these Liar's Flowers please."
    I also got four Moon Roses and a Moonwater Lily. I spent 18 Small Enchanted Wooden Coins and a Large Wooden Coin. I gained 12 Small Wooden Coins as change.
    @The Everdistant Utopia

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    AliceShiki and Ddraig like this.
  17. Ddraig

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hmm, your report seems fine," Momo said combing her white feathers."Geez you are too cautious, it's just herb collecting. Than again it is better than going into massive debt like certain someone. And no one discriminates anyone here, can't you see those couples of different species roaming around?"
    "Anyway your rewards are 3 L. Wooden coin, 20 Merit Points & Bundle of Herbs."

Wobbly likes this.
  18. grandurr

grandurr [Daisy's Peony] [Negiomi's Nectar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Task Produce a Simple Enchanted Item

After being granted permission, I decided to go to the production area to meet with the client. the item that was requested from the client was a scouting device for exploring ancient ruins. After being instructed on how it should generally look like, i asked if i am allowed to use my personal tools for the job and was allowed by the client under the condition of him watching over the production. I simply nodded and activated my earing while holding the client on his shoulder and entered my personal space. the client then asked where did we go and i simply answered him saying "my home". After going through various mana stones and ores, i finally managed to find a suitable sized mana stone and started begin my magic. during the process, the client seemed awed by the fact that i directly used mana to process the materials and engraving runes on the magic stone directly. After approximately 2 hours the production was done and i activated my earring once again to go out with the client and presented the finished item

Item Name: Chrome Scout
    Type: Accessories
    Description: A scouting device that looks like a chrome raven that is made from materials that allows it to bend light to prevent it from being found. It can move freely within 25m from the user and can scan for other life form in a 10m diameter. If it detects a life form within the area, it will map out the position of it and returns to the user.
    Additional Enchantment:
    -Growth: allows the equipment to improve itself by feeding it better mana stone and ores.

Seeing the final product, the client was very satisfied and gave the proof of completion to me and sent me off from the production area.

@Ddraig

"Um......excuse me, but to whom do i give my report to?"

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  19. Prismatic Glaive

Prismatic Glaive Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "I wonder, why did I even wake?" Prisma asked herself as she walked out the gates.

Seventeen years ago, she found herself waking. From hundreds of years of slumber, she woke with no reason at all. And with her awakening was confusion.

Even when inactive, she can still remember. She remembered how joyful her Fathers were when she first showed signs of life. She remembered how frustrated they were when she didn't wake. She remembered how dejected they were as they pulled out from the laboratory.

She remembered one of her Fathers, the one tasked to shut down the facility, left her life support magic and the rest of the necessary enchantment active. She remembered him smiling with tears streaming down his face as he slowly closed the door.

At the same time, she also remembered. She remembered fragments of memories. Broken, incomplete. Memories full of anger, of malice, and pain. She remembered betrayal, and loss.

And here she was, seventeen years later, still trying to make heads and tails of her existence.

Shaking her head, Prisma focused on the task at hand. Her task was to slay the wolves in the south. Well, not all, but maybe a sizeable amount.

Prisma pulled five spools of silk thread and coated it with her mana. Slowly, the spools began to unwind and float around her. This was her ability. This was her skill, perfected by twelve years of improvement.

She may have a small mana capacity, but her control was top match!

"I sing the song of the Stringed Bird, "she intoned, the thread slowly quivered. "Storch Ritter: Herr."

With a mental command, the threads coalesced in front of her, slowly forming a carriage sized bird-like string construct.

Storch Ritter, Stork Knight. A spell manifested through her string control. And the current version, the Lord version uses three spools, instead of one. This form is suitable for engaging larger enemies, and also good for transport.

The avian construct flapped it's wings, acting as if it was a real bird, before bowing down, enabling Prisma to climb on its back, where a saddle made of strings slowly formed.

With a tug, the construct took to the skies, circling the area once before zooming off to the south where Prisma's quarry is.

Prisma mentally took note of the small drain in her reserves. It seems that this form of Storch Ritter takes up more mana.

She pushed that thought back as she enjoyed the cold breeze.

Flying was slowly becoming one of her (few) favorites.

A few minutes later and She landed on an area near a forested area.

She dismissed the construct, making it lose its form and returning to three long threads.

"I sing the song of the Stringed Bird, Storch Ritter"

With a wave of a hand, the floating strings formed into three head sized avian string construct.

Without a word, the three construct took to the skies and flew in circles. A few moments later and one of the constructs let out a shrill before diving in a direction. The other two followed suit.

Prisma just leisurely walked in the direction where her constructs went. A few minutes of walking later and she arrived at the top of a hill where the three constructs were perched on a nearby tree.

There she saw, at the bottom of the hill, was a sizeable pack of Wolves numbering at 11 Fully grown wolves and 4 pups.

A frown formed her face. It seems that the wolf pack she encountered was larger than expected.

With a small shrug, she placed her hand on the tree where her constructs were perched. Using her rather sharp nails, she engraved a magic circle on the tree.

Pushing some mana into the circle, she chanted "Let the Hymn of Reformation be heard. The requiem of Destruction begins, the Ballad of Change echoes, and the Aria of Creation gives birth to two dolls."

Sparks flew off the circle as the tree seemingly melted. The constructs, who moved away at the first signs of change, looked on curiously.

Slowly, the melted puddle rose and took a slightly humanoid form. A few moments later and two human sized wooden dolls were standing side by side at the place where the tree once stood.

"I am Orpheus, the Mater of strings. Let these dolls be bound by my power." With a wave of her hand, dozens of tiny mana strings shot out from her fingers and connected to various parts of the dolls.

Soon, the dolls, twitched. Then, slowly, their movements becomes more pronounced.

At first their movements were blocky, but a few moments later and their movements were smoother.

"Let the tune of the Stringed Instruments be heard. I seek a blade and spears."

Three spools of thread shot out from her pack and formed into weapons: a short sword made out of strings and two long sticks made from tightly packed strings.

The two dolls picked up the spears while she grabbed the sword.

'Preparations complete,' Prisma thought. 'Now initiating operation!'

Without hesitation, the three avian constructs and two dolls shot forth towards the wolves with Prisma lightly jogging behind them.

The party was halfway down the hill when the wolves noticed. The Alpha let out a how which alerted the rest of the pack.

A single wolf along with the pups separated and moved towards the foliage as the rest of the pack rushed at the approaching figures.

The constructs were the first to make contact with the wolves, felling two with their unrelenting assault using their talons and beaks before the dolls arrived.

The dolls, despite being constructs, moved with unnatural grace. Weaving and dancing in between strikes, killing one with every thrust.

Soon, only three remained, the alpha and two others. Seeing as they were no match against the dolls and the constructs, they rushed towards the last target: Prisma.

"I am Orpheus, Master of Stings. Let my body be the bound by my power." Prisma lightly whispered as she met the wolves head on.

With a speed and strength unbefitting of her figure, she dodged the lunge of the alpha, striking it in the back as she moved.

Then, she struck another wolf as it attempts to bite her feet, separating its head from its torso.

With a grunt, she leaped towards the last wolf, impaling its head on her sword.

With all wolves downed, she released the hold of her power upon her body. Immediately, she coughed a mouthful of blood,

Wiping the blood with her free hand, she muttered, "I'd rather not use Orpheus on my body that often."

She lied down on the bloody grass as she ordered her dolls and constructs to kill the remaining incapacitated wolves.

With a thought, she dismissed the weapons and the constructs, returning them to their stringed form, before recalling them to their respective spools.

She ordered one of the dolls to come near her to which she engraved it with a Transmutation Circle.

"Let the Hymn of Reformation be heard. The requiem of Destruction begins, the Ballad of Change echoes, and the Aria of Creation gives birth to a rickshaw."

The doll promptly disappears into a puddle before forming a small rickshaw.

The other doll then picked up the wolves one by one before pulling it into the rickshaw.

When the doll was done, Prisma stood up and sat on the pile of dread wolves as her remaining doll pulled the rickshaw northwards.

'The doll and the rickshaw should at least last until I reach the Association,' Prisma thought, 'On the worst case it doesn't then I can just use another tree.'

A few hours later and she arrived at the Association. Then without a warning, the doll and the rickshaw turned into dust, plopping the pile of wolves to the ground along with Prisma.

"Owwie~" She cried out as she rubbed her bottom.
    "Greetings Sir @Ddraig, I wish to report the success on my ventures south."

Ddraig likes this.
  20. Ddraig

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooc : Thats fast.
    Ooc 2 : poor wolves
    Ic : "You certainly did the quest perfectly. The staff will take care of the bodies. Here are your rewards although you might want to clean the blood on you and have a bath before collecting them. "