Not Everything In The World Is Qidian's Fault

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by AliceShiki, Mar 14, 2018.

?

Should I make a poll?

1. About what?

31 vote(s)
    35.2%
  2. Didn't you just make one?

31 vote(s)
    35.2%
  3. Why bother making one?

26 vote(s)
    29.5%
  4. Aren't you just wasting time?

28 vote(s)
    31.8%
  5. Isn't this thread supposed to be serious?

26 vote(s)
    29.5%
  6. Ah, I get it! You're making this to de-stress! Good job! *thumbs up*

33 vote(s)
    37.5%
  7. Ai chan is my goddess.

41 vote(s)
    46.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    > parth rant

I did not know this was a legit tag on NUF. Ooh.

anirishlad2 and Westeller like this.
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    *laughs* It is a good tag! I use it to find old Parth Rants from time to time, like that one in which Tony-chan talked she had plans about adding originals to NU one day~

Tags are practical! \(^^)/

Westeller likes this.
  3. oliver

oliver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah i know, my post was mostly aimed at the ''blame qidian for everything'' part, honestly people can have whatever opinion they like, but if its a stupid opinion imma do my best to call em out for it.

and not everyone have such a vibrant personality that they get likes everytime they post, like just look at that poll, what confidence :sweating_profusely: (i voted for the bottom option btw)

AliceShiki likes this.
  4. Night Phoenix

Night Phoenix The *Eccentric* Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh, I don't care.. I just read stuff..as for who translates it? Who cares as long as I can read.

5. RTS

RTS ☀┩ îИϑîℂ✞υƧ ɛӼքʊɢռǟȶօʀ┡☀

Reading List:
    Link
    I apologise. I got a bit occupied. So where were we?
    Just because it is stated in the forum rules doesn't mean my previous comment loses all it's credibility. In fact, it even makes me wonder why did he even wrote such a rant. Imo, some rules are unnecessary (NUF has those kind of rules, too) because they are micromanagement in disguise. Rules that tell people what to do and how to do it always raise alarm bells. I am not saying a forum shouldn't have rules. In fact, most rules are necessary. But implementing rules that restriction others' free expression is just plain...(I will leave it to your imagination).
    Forums should respect others freedom of speech. Take 4chan for an example, it's a place where the vulgar-class people of the society gather. It's a place where people show their true colors. What we do and say here pales in comparison to what they have to 'offer'. And reason they can continue doing what they are doing is because the rules there are pretty relaxed, and so no one gives a damn. If one day, the mods there implement the same kind of rules we have, then I assure you that the number of their members will be reduced by half.

Ugh, I will stop here because I have to take an exam after fifteen minutes. Initialy, I didn't want to get into an argument, but well, couldn't help myself. Talk to you later, then.
    In an argument, you have to pick the points of weakness to further your argument. 'Excuses (freedom of speech)'
    as you may call it.
    In the fundamentals of debate, this is extremely necessary.

You see, my way of doing things may seem self-centered and unfair. And it might really be so! But what argument would there be if there wouldn’t be any personal gain from it? I have to just prove I’m right, isn't it?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  6. oliver

oliver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well yes, but there is a difference in using your right to free speech to say your opinion (even if its stupid) and then sliding into a serious post with a joke/troll answer. it is completely within the mods right to remove those kind of posts, as it is completely withing alice's right to say that its annoying. that alice puts the words in other op's mouth and just says that its annoying for everyone is one thing, but attack that instead of attacking her callling them annoying, because that is her opinion, and falls within free speech. i'm all for making debates where you debunk someones opinion, which is what i'm doing right now. (edit: like i can go outside of a police station and just yell ''fuck the police'' at the top of my lungs, which would then probly get me arrested, because free speech does have its limits, if you want completely free speech you need to be prepared for the consequences (getting a troll/irrelevant post removed, getting beaten up, getting arrested etc))

7. silverkage

silverkage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I completely get why everyone hates qidian. While I read on their app and even paid for spirit stones to read more chapters, I still hate Qidian. I even hate myself a bit for reading their novels. Their translation quality sucks and they are essentially trying to destroy everything that made me fall in love with Chinese novels with their selfish money whoring attitude. I hope it burns and fans pick up their series again. Viva me Wuxiaworld.

8. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That @RTS dude be crazy confusing free speech and the ability to be an outrageously vulgar asshat to everyone you meet, but I do actually think jokingly blaming things on Qidian is fine.. I mean, there's a time and a place. I'm Looking For.. threads are requests for assistance, and we generally enforce stricter rules there than elsewhere on the forums. Trolling, dissing the OP for their choice in novels, and other random unhelpful jokes and comments are disallowed there.

But if I want, to, say... reply to *this* thread with "Blame Qidian," well, that's totally fine. .. and it should be! Telling people they can't make casual jokes like that is way too strict for NUF! If they want to, then it's totally OK!

So, y'know, if you have a problem with it, then blame Qidian.

AHKoT and RTS like this.
  9. RTS

RTS ☀┩ îИϑîℂ✞υƧ ɛӼքʊɢռǟȶօʀ┡☀

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, do you know what true freedom of speech is, Oliver? It's power or right to express one's opinions without censorship, restraint, or legal penalty. Meaning a person could say whatever they wants (even if it's a joke/troll answer as you may call it), wherever they want, and whenever they want without being restricted by rules and laws.
    Of course she can freely express her opinion by saying it's annoying. I never said it didn't fall within the perimeters of free expression.

Ugh, fine. I am getting late for my exam. You guys win and I lose. In fact, I was wrong from the beginning, so yeah, throw the most vulgar cuss you can imagine at me. And congratulations on temptating me to start this argument, @AliceShiki and @oliver! Good bye!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2018
    oliver and Westeller like this.
  10. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    These two especially @tahzib1451 and @CoffeeMonk

Can't have a proper point against other? Qidian shill, bots, 50 cents army. That'd work. They thought.

Deleted member 41274 likes this.
  11. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, its not like russia has a novel site for us to bash and "blame canada" is pretty worn out, so what're ya gonna do?

12. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    go on keep blame xxx

13. Enigma

Enigma Follower of Jesus, he's the only way

Reading List:
    Link
    People are always looking for someone or something to blame and qidian is just an easy target for them~

14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Keep doing your best then! xD

Ah, well, I do know I get more likes than average, but it's not like I don't have over 12000 posts on the games' section + my profile posts...

I'd say my like to post ratio is close to 1.5x likes per post actually, I'm just way too active for my own good... >.>

Like farming is a waste! Just stay on NUF all day everyday instead! \(^^)/
    I don't either! *shakes pompoms*

I'm just bothered by people bothering others.
    NUF is the forum with the most lax rules I found so far, it was really amazing for me at first... In a bad way. Took ne a while to adapt.

Still, there are limits, 4chan is well known for being a hub for cancer and trolls, and that is part of their charm, it's what attract people to it... That's not NUF's charm, nobody wants NUF to become a 2nd 4chan, there is already 4chan for that.

Rules exist to put a limit on your freedom, full freedom of speech exist nowhere and that is intended.

Yoyr rights exists for as long as you don't start messing with the rights of others... It is a thin line, but well... That's that it's part of mods' job to draw that line, which is by no means easy.
    Essentially this.
    You can hate it! I don't mind! \(^^)/

I just mind it when people start hijacking serious threads or attacking new members because of it... Then it bothers me.
    Ah, I'm okay with people blaming Qidian here too! xD

It's more like I have a problem with it affecting other serious stuff... Uhn... I just said it one reply above... I'm becoming a broken record! >.<
    The most vulgar one??? :aww::aww::aww:

You... You dummy!!!! *sticks out tongue*
    *gaaaaaaaaaasps*
    Blame away! Just don't bother the people that have serious threads with it! \(^^)/

oliver and Slayerwolfx2 like this.
  15. Lovely

Lovely 『Valentines Terror!』『Cherished Kitty』『Rika's Twin』

Reading List:
    Link
    AliceShiki likes this.
  16. Slayerwolfx2

Slayerwolfx2 [Immortal Forever]

Reading List:
    Link
    I know the feels...
    Hated it when it happened to me once, and I tried to prove I'm not into **

Now that I think if it, I should have taken a different approach and remind them that not everything revolves around Shidian.

Well, aside from this thread.
    I blame Shidian for the making of it.

AliceShiki likes this.
  17. Wobbly

Wobbly [Unstabbable][He Who Courts Death][Whimsical]

Reading List:
    Link
    *hijacks*
    *suicides before I’m killed*
    Mwahahahaha

AliceShiki likes this.
  18. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    What?

19. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I think someone once called me on too, I laughed at their faces like... What? You think I'd bother with having 10000 posts on this forum if I was a Qidian shill? I'd have better things to do then~
    *throws knife at his suicing self*
    Nya~

Lovely and Slayerwolfx2 like this.
  20. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *blames blaming*
    :blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns:

Lovely likes this.