Spoiler (BL) Face Slapping The General

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Selax, Mar 11, 2018.

1. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LY is 龙渊 - Long Yuan (credit to @insteadofdeath) which can be translated as Dragon Abyss (credit to @ShenHua)

2. Kleep

Kleep Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers my heart is fulfilled. I really need to push someone into this hole. I mean. Pls translate?

Boinkers, Tintl, Taida07 and 5 others like this.
  3. insteadofdeath

insteadofdeath Faith

Reading List:
    Link
    Aaah sorry I didn't really have time to read a lot today. I'm not sure where the last spoilers left off! Quick summary of events so far: MC got rejected by ML. Joined the army. Met ML! Met C9! Managed to get first place in the military training course exam thing! Got sent on a 6 month infiltration mission! Got hurt! But also got rescued by ML in a super awesome, badass way! Got first place in the graduation exam! Is hurt again!

Just a reminder, WQ is Wu Qiao, our adorable yet competent MC. TY is Tan Yan, our badass but stoic ML. Crow9 is WQ's silly, dumb mech, and Long Yuan is TY's killing-obsessed mech.

Wu Qiao got first place in the graduation exam which means he gets to keep C9!
    But he got hurt... AGAIN
    And so it's back to the hospital.
    Again.
    Of course, Tan Yan visits. While he's there he finds WQ reading a book about a woman who lost her arms, but her husband's love for her stays constant. WQ is touched.
    TY, frowning: "You think I can't do the same?"
    WQ: "...?" What's this have to do with you?
    Someone smack him haha omgggg. Anyway, TY goes on to ask, "What about you? For the person who will look after you (have you?) in the future... can't you think about yourself more?"
    WQ: "The person who will have me...? I belong to all humanity!"
    TY: ...
    TY gets the urge to push this guy down on the bed. Is he planning to be a bachelor for life?
    WQ then asks about C9. TY asks if he seems like someone who doesn't keep his promises. WQ says, yes, he's kept the 4 promises he's [TY] made to WQ.
    TY: "Four? When have I made four?"
    WQ: "Let me take the entrance exam... let me have Crow9 after graduation...."
    TY: "Yes..."
    WQ: "And... you said if I was ever in danger, you would save me."
    TY: "Yes.... And the last one is?"
    WQ: "When my sister sent you that letter and you immediately refused."
    TY: "..." He really wanted to go back on his words!
    TY changes the subject & says he has to go back to the battlefield. WQ, who regards TY as an idol (yeah ,sure, that's what it is, you dumbass MC....) thinks he should be looking forward to TY fighting on the battlefield but although it's just a few days, he won't be able to see TY, and it leaves him with an inexplicable feeling of loss.
    And then C9 comes and acts ADORABLE. His reaction to WQ telling him C9 is finally officially his mech: "Of course." aaaah this mech :heart:
    C9 makes WQ move over and! they!! cuddle!!!!
    (TY, off to the side, is jealous.)
    C9 has this adorable conversation with WQ where he says he learned on TV about child labor!
    WQ, who also hates this kind of thing: "The Empire strictly prohibits child labor."
    C9, who has completely missed the point: "While watching, I thought: What? Child labourers get money? How come I don't!?"
    WQ: "..." Explaining with difficulty: "Crow 9, you are not a child labourer... Forget it. You can continue to use my money."
    C9: "...?"
    WQ: "I mean. Your money. Is also on my card." WQ couldn't bear to see C9 depressed.

Heungbo, ahsudole, Boinkers and 23 others like this.
  4. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Kyya <3 ....c9 is so cute!! :blobmelt: ...I hope we see more of him!

Can I have a moment with c9 and ml's killing mecha?? ...it would be awesome if they got married! ....I can imagine MC being a mother in law:ROFLMAO:

Boinkers likes this.
  5. insteadofdeath

insteadofdeath Faith

Reading List:
    Link
    Aaaah sorry there was a bit more I wanted to share but forgot :)

Before TY leaves, he visits WQ - with red date cake. (Remember he went on a "date" with WQ and they had red date cake?) He lies to WQ and says it ISN'T from his kitchen. Although he does say that it's from the same place his subordinate got the scallop... which isn't wrong, since that subordinate lied and said the food he brought last time totallly isn't from the general nope nothing to see here.
    TY tells WQ that as long as he pays attention to his health, and doesn't let TY worry about WQ, he will never lose. TY smiles and adds, "I will keep winning. I will let you hear only good news, so it will not affect your mood... although you may not care."
    WQ lowers his head and whispers, "No, I will pray for you."
    TY is turns back when he's about to leave. Actually, TY has his doubts. Last time, he saved WQ from death. Then, next time?

War means that people today may not be the same tomorrow. Or worse. TY used to think love was blue skies and white clouds, but for him, it's a battlefield. (This part probably makes more sense if I clarify that TY earlier had thoughts about how he was actually prepared for MC to be, at worst case, disabled.)

TY suddenly turns around and says they should hug as goodbye.
    WQ: "...Huh?"
    TY: "To wish you good luck in the future."
    WQ: "Oh." It's totally normal to embrace and wish each other luck! So he's hugged. Then TY asks, with a hoarse voice, for WQ to hug him.

Then they're interrupted by C9 HAHA... but... it was cute while it lasted.....

Heungbo, ahsudole, Boinkers and 17 others like this.
  6. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw, is the 99.5% from whatever test MC took in the synopsis legit?

Heungbo likes this.
  7. insteadofdeath

insteadofdeath Faith

Reading List:
    Link
    We don't know yet. Tan Yan has also been wondering about the 99.5% chance of death test result that MC got, since so far MC has been performing really well. However, the results are rarely wrong, to the point that officers are hesitant to take him after MC enters the military. The only person who wants him (General... Darrell, I think?) is someone who isn't superstitious.

EDIT: I wanted to add, initially part of the reason Tan Yan took an interest in Wu Qiao was he also wanted to see that 0.5% chance of survival/0.01% chance of heroism coming true.

Heungbo, Boinkers, Izn and 9 others like this.
  8. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    Pfft, you reminded me of our absurd theory about why he got that absurd result.
    2018-03-15 00.08.48.png
    :blobsweat_2: haha, imagine if that's the reason for his result.

Heungbo, Boinkers, Izn and 9 others like this.
  9. kumquatsjingleheimer

kumquatsjingleheimer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was thinking MC is so good, he would be put in more risky operations:blobspy:, hence the chances of death would be higher. :blobhero:

Boinkers likes this.
  10. Wildelily

Wildelily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG I didn't realize there was a discord danmei chat group!!! :blobfearful::blobfearful: How can I get in?! :blobastonished:

11. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    I have PMed you the invite, NUF forum rules won't allow sharing discord links therefore it's in PM.

12. foxymirage

foxymirage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my~ can you PM me the link too? :aww::aww:

13. Kleep

Kleep Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am sending it tout de suite

foxymirage likes this.
  14. Wildelily

Wildelily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you!!

15. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    Hehe @kleepart is fast at kidnappings

No prob, welcome to the server. It's chaotic, but we make do.

16. jillrosa

jillrosa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This broke my lurking silence. May I please join the discord too?

17. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    Sent a PM. See if you got it.

18. insteadofdeath

insteadofdeath Faith

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry these spoilers only cover a bit... I'm doing that thing where my spoilers start getting more detailed... we're almost 1/4 through the novel!

Next spoilers coming on Sunday probably.

So before I start today's spoilers I would like to introduce a character I haven't even mentioned before (sorry!) He is 盛重光, Sheng ChongGuang, SCG. He is WQ's friend and... well, a coward.

He is usually pale, trembling, scared of death, or all of the above. During the graduation exam, the students were required to hunt down beasts. The higher the level, the the higher they rank. WQ actually got first place by responding to SCG's distress call and killing an A-level beast by freaking dipping his knife into lava and then stabbing it into the belly of the beast.

(There's a lot of pretty cool action scenes I'm not summarizing... sorry. :p)

WQ is very protective of SCG.

So after TY and WQ hug, C9 and WQ have the cutest conversation.

WQ: "C9, you seem to be in a good mood?"
    C9: "Huh?" C9 grabbed his cheeks. "You can see me blush?"
    WQ: "You have no blood vessels, how can you blush."

WQ: "So what happened?"
    C9: "I just said goodbye to Long Yuan!"
    WQ: "Oh?"
    C9: "And then... and then... it talked to me!"
    WQ: "What did it say?"
    C9: "It said, 'refuel'!"
    WQ can't help but confirm, "Just that?"
    "Yes," C9 says happily, "Just like that!"

WQ can't help thinking of how C9 said LY ignored it previously... just to what level was C9 ignored?

After a brief visit home, SCG and WQ enter General Darrell's army. WQ is now a lieutenant colonel! There is a welcoming speech, with words like "fight to the end" and "death on the battlefield". WQ thinks of SCG... since graduation... he has been constantly sweating over the thought of enlisting.

There's daily life in the army, SCG being teased by a brigadier general named Oliver, WQ serves first as a staff officer on a battleship for three months, then as a vice captain.

(For the record, he's about 22 now, and General Tan Yan is 32. When the story started, they were 18 and 28 respectively.)

C9 asks WQ for a photo of LY, so WQ asks TY for a photo of LY. But when he gets the photo, it seems to be... 1/3 LY, and 2/3 of TY? It seems to be a candid shot. TY is slightly facing the camera, with the sun highlighting his hair and eyelashes with gold. LY is a few paces away, standing proud.

WQ can't help but touch the TY in the photo with his fingertips. After a few seconds he suddenly realizes what he's doing, and shrinks his hand back.

WQ feels embarrassed. Even SCG notices, he says, "In the past you constantly talked about General Tan Yan. How come recently you haven't mentioned him?" WQ immediately changes the subject lol. He asks about a reconaissance mission SCG is supposed to do. SCG's personality means he thinks every mission will end in his death, so WQ suggests he accompany SCG on the reconnaisance.

Unfortunately, what they find is the terrorist organization that WQ infiltrated before. WQ and SCG decide to split up. WQ says, "It can only chase one of us."
    SCG: "But who will it chase?"

It chases WQ, yet despite this tactic... WQ makes it back to the base, but SCG is captured by the terrorist organization.

Heungbo, ahsudole, Boinkers and 19 others like this.
  19. Blossomroad

Blossomroad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This series is getting more and more interesting with all those spoilers. I hope someone picks it up soon to share the translations. :D

Boinkers and insteadofdeath like this.
  20. Tintl

Tintl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh, can I get a pm too? (I actually created an account just for this)

insteadofdeath likes this.