Spoiler A Billion Stars Can’t Amount to You

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Jiye, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Jiye

Jiye Not Available

Reading List:
    Link
  2. immortaltear

immortaltear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. KazeYuki

KazeYuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this story is pretty good. The ML in this one is more likable than the author's previous ones (Bringing nations husband + Adonis Next Door).

The MC is a budding actress (3 years ago she was on her way to become a super popular actress but her BestFriend betrayed her and made her get into a car crash and she was in a coma for 3 years and everyone forgot about her). She was about to get a role in a movie but her ex-BestFriend revealed that she had had an abortion before so the director rejected her because it'll give a the movie a bad image. In order for her to save her career as an actress, she gets a fake marriage with the ML because if she's already married, having an abortion in the past wouldn't really matter.

Here's the catch though, she doesn't know that she's married to the ML, she thinks she's married to the ML's older twin brother.
    ML pretends to be his brother because he knows that she will never agree to marry him while her relationship with his brother had always been good. ML is really bad at expressing himself and the only time he knows how to be kind to her is when he's pretending to be his brother (his twin big brother was mute and sickly and it was predicted that his twin brother wouldn't live until 20, at the start of the novel his twin brother is already dead).

After the MC forgives ML for what happened in high school, ML pampers her a lot and pretty much forces the entire crew (he's the director + producer of a movie she's acting in) to pamper her as well - that haven't gotten together at this point - but have fallen back into their best friends pattern like back in high school (they were best friends in high school and ML made the entire school pamper her and treat her like a queen at school, everyone knew ML was in love with her but MC was too dense to notice - she thought that he was treating her very well because his brother told him to and ML kinda furthered that misunderstanding because he was too awkward and embarrassed to admit it.)

Sorry that the spoilers are so scrambly. I'm not sure what to cover. What else do you want to know?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  4. Mimosa1

Mimosa1 Lee Jae Wook

Reading List:
    Link
    That's confusing. From the latest translated chapters, I always thought that they ain't really close in hs and the fmc have always liked the ml.

Small questions tho:
    1. Who's the father of the fetus? Was the abortion intentional or accidental?
    2. And she had a boyfriend even though she's head over heels for him?
    3. How the hell can you not know about your marriage when you had to sign some papers for it to be registered and the names got to be there
    4. What chapter did they make-up?
    5. Is therea crucial role of ml's twin aside from dying?

immortaltear and craz like this.
  5. KazeYuki

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Who's the father of the fetus? Was the abortion intentional or accidental?
    The father of the fetus is the ML. A week before graduation, they had a party with friends and both of them were drunk and they did it. The problem was that the MC thought that the ML was the ML's brother.
    The MC was in love with the brother because she thought that the brother was the person who always helped write study notes in her textbooks and whenever she mentioned she wanted to eat something, it would appear on her study desk at the ML's house (the families are close) the next day - The person who actually secretly did all this for her was the ML.
    ML thought that the MC knew it was him when they did it because she called him his last name "He" some time before - She usually calls his brother Yuguang-ge, and she usually calls him He Jichen.
    ML has been secretly in love with her since middle school so he's overjoyed and it's the happiest day of his life but suddenly she calls out He Yuguang (his brother's name instead). It's like cold water's been poured over his head and runs away, mind in a mess. And that's where you get the first chapter.
    In the first chapter, MC thinks that she's talking to the brother NOT the ML. MC messages the brother and ML intercepts the message and meets her instead dressed up as the brother. You may notice that he doesn't talk for ages since his brother is mute. He reveals himself as He Jichen in the cruelest way so that he will hurt her as much as she hurt him that night when she called the brother's name.
    MC leaves the city and decides never to meet the ML and the brother ever again.
    About a few months later, she gets a really bad pain in her stomach and she faints and is rushed to hospital. It's discovered that she's pregnant but they have to get rid of the fetus because the fetus is outside or something? (sorry I can't remember the correct term) - anyway if she doesn't get an abortion, she will die. So they get rid of the baby but she nearly dies on the operation table - I think she stops breathing. I can't remember too clearly but because of this, I think she can't have kids anymore. -Edit-It seems she can have kids, I must have mixed it up with another story.

2. And she had a boyfriend even though she's head over heels for him?
    She has never had a boyfriend.

3. How the hell can you not know about your marriage when you had to sign some papers for it to be registered
    ML is rich and he took care of everything. On the real marriage certificate, he put down his own name and then paid heaps of money to get a fake made and gives it to her.

4. What chapter did they make-up?
    300s

5. Is therea crucial role of ml's twin aside from dying?
    Not really I think besides ML using his identity. (edit: stopped reading at 500)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  6. Mimosa1

Mimosa1 Lee Jae Wook

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC is a budding actress (3 years ago she was on her way to become a super popular actress but her BF betrayed her and made her get into a car crash and she was in a coma for 3 years and everyone forgot about her). She was about to get a role in a movie but her ex-BF revealed that she had had an abortion before so the director rejected her because it'll give a the movie a bad image.

Then what does BF stands for in your spoiler?

More Questions:
    1. How did the ML reacted when he discovered about her infertility?
    2. That roomate of hers, who's pretending to be ML's girlfriend, in the translated chapters, what's her fate?
    3. Could you tell us the major conlicts? I hope problems don't revolved much on misunderstandings that could be solved when leads just sit down and talk with a cup of coffee.

Thanks for answering my inquiries~~

JoshyM62 and immortaltear like this.
  7. KazeYuki

Reading List:
    Link
    Opps, super sorry "best friend". Completely forgot that BF usually means boyfriend.

1. How did the ML reacted when he discovered about her infertility?
    He feels super guilty and upset that she nearly died because of him. Before that, the ex-best friend tried to trick the ML into believing that the MC had an abortion because MC didn't want his child.

2. That roomate of hers, who's pretending to be ML's girlfriend, in the translated chapters, what's her fate?
    MC and that evil roommate go with other roommates to hot springs. ML is also there because he hears that MC will be going. Evil roommate tries to make it seem like MC is trying to steal the her "boyfriend" the ML, and make the other roommates go against the MC. After nearly being killed by the evil best friend, MC always wears a recorder that looks like a watch and she uses the recorder to prove her innocence and all the other roommates find out that the evil roommate is evil. The evil roommate moves out. I think the ML also warns her some time that she better not do anything to the MC or he'll make her regret it.

But, evil roommate doesn't learn her lesson. She joins up with the evil ex-best-friend, and tries to make the MC miss her first day of filming so that she can take the MC's role. ML finds out, goes to the dorm room and shoves her head out the window and threatens to push her out the window if she doesn't reveal where the MC is (MC is locked up in a shed? somewhere on the campus). ML saves MC, MC is still late but she doesn't get in trouble because ML is assistant director (which she doesn't know at that time) and ML delays the shooting for her.

In the movie that the MC is starring in, she is the second female lead (ML is the director and producer of the movie). The evil best friend is the female lead in the movie. When they have a dinner party with the directors, producers, sponsors and main actors and actresses, the evil best friend says to this perverted sponsor that MC will do anything for a role. After the MC is going to the bathroom, the sponsor tricks the MC into going to a private room with him saying that he wants to talk about the movie with her. He attacks her and the ML comes and saves her and completely beats the sponsor up. The sponsor withdraws the money he was going to invest in the movie and says he won't invest unless the ML apologises and the ML sends the MC to him. The ML refuses, and starts selling off his property cars etc to try to get enough money. MC finds out and feels guilty so goes to the sponsor to convince him to invest again. The sponsor makes her drink heaps of wine and makes her pour wine for this table of people - it looks really bad because it makes it looks like she's willing to do anything for a role - the evil ex-best friend is there at another table and records this and sends it to the ML.
    MC realises that the sponsor is trying to make her drunk and take advantage of her when she's unconscious so she pretends to be intoxicated and finally gets the sponsor alone in one room so they can talk. She reveals her voice recording of him attacking her and threatens him. The sponsor agrees to invest in the movie again because he doesn't want his reputation ruined. But the ML doesn't let him invest because ML has already found much better investors.
    Because of the video, ML thought that the MC was two faced and thought that she had abandoned his movie (because the investor pulled out there were rumours going on that the movie wouldn't be able to be filmed) and gone to someone else for a role and was willing to do anything for a role. He says some cruel stuff to her and leaves to stop himself from doing something he will regret to her.
    MC is really upset and hides out in the apartment "his brother" bought as their marriage home. ML finally finds her there after heaps of searching and she tells "the brother" everything and how wronged she felt. This misunderstanding + others usually don't last that long because whenever ML misunderstands about the MC, "the brother" will appear and be really nice and ask 'what's wrong' and MC will tell 'the brother' and 'the brother' will then help do something about it for her, and everything is solved again.

So, with the evil roommate, later on, the evil best friend sends her the video with the MC drinking with all those people. The evil roommate uploads it the university group page to ruin the MC's reputation. ML finds out, does something to cancel out the bad rumours, and gets the roommate kicked out of the university. I think that should be the last of her but I've only read up to 500 so who knows, she might be back.

Major conflicts - I'll put what I can remember in the next post.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  8. KazeYuki

Reading List:
    Link
    In the film where the ML is the director, MC second female lead, and ex best friend is the female lead, the ex best friend bribes people into doing stuff to the MC. ie. Ruin MC's costume; Drug MC's drinks; Accidentally spill MC's lunch box; MIss out MC's lunch box; Have a long line in front of the toilet so MC can never go and has to hold it in until the end of the day. Because of all this, MC buys an entire box of instant noodles and eats instant noodles for nearly an entire month - she ends up losing a lot of weight. She drinks as little water as possible so that she won't need to go to the toilet - she starts getting nose bleeds in the morning.

MC waits and bides her time to get back and reveal the ex best friend's evil deeds. She finds her chance when she discovers that her costume is cut up so that if she makes any big movement or something, the costume will fall down and everyone will see her naked. I personally think that her 'solution' is really stupid - she puts a blade in her costume and the blade ends up cutting her and she loses a lot of blood. The ML interrogates the crew to work out who stuck a blade into the MC's costume. The costume person gets the blame and the ML scares her into revealing who told her to do it. The costume person reveals that it is the ex best friend and also reveals that it isn't just her who was bribed into doing bad stuff to the MC and points out everyone else who did stuff. The ML fires everyone who did stuff to the MC and heaps of crew members are replaced.
    Unfortunately, ex best friend's manager was smart and the manager admitted all blame and said ex best friend had nothing to do with it.

I guess one other conflict is MC finally forgiving the ML for what he did in chapter 1 and giving the ML a chance to be her friend again.

I can't remember any other conflict. But where I stopped, MC is trying to distance herself from both the ML and 'the brother' because she realises that she is falling in love with both of them and feels ashamed of herself since she feels it's wrong of her and unfair on them for her to fall in love with two people.

9. immortaltear

immortaltear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Mimosa1

Mimosa1 Lee Jae Wook

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!

11. Ivivivi

Ivivivi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow soo Angst glad I don't read it

12. Fernandes27

Fernandes27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the misunderstandings as bad as in Bringing the Nation's Husband Home?

13. KazeYuki

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think the misunderstandings are as bad, since there's 'the brother' character that can help smooth out a lot of the small problems. The ML also isn't a rapist like the author's other ML's in her other stories and ML actually tries to listen to the MC and talk things out with her (about the things he isn't trying to hide).
    IMO Nation's husbands misunderstandings are because the characters are stupid, while Billions Stars are more 'can't be helped' and ML is too much of a scaredy-cat to reveal the truth since he's scared he won't even be able to be her 'friend' anymore.

But then, since I stopped reading Bringing Nation's Husband Home pretty early on as the characters really frustrated me, I'm not really the best person to say.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  14. wulan

wulan New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    when will mc know ml's brother is ml ?

15. Hmntlzn

Hmntlzn 9th Mistress_❤

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want to know 'the end' of the story... I hope that ABSCATY have HE... They will live happily right? married & babies... Tell me please :3

BTNHH is a little bit too much at first but I'm very satisfied with the ending.
    -sorryaboutmybrokenengrishu-

16. KazeYuki

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on the chapter title ("He Jichen is.... He Yuguang?") she finds out somewhere between chapter 691 and 730.

They do live happily but the last chapter is really sad.

I skipped to the last chapter of their story (chapter 945 - chapters 946+ is the story about the ML's friend- the friend's story is also scattered throughout the main story).

Ji Yi died at 57 years old. The last chapter is 5 years after her death - ML is still alive - also, after she died, the ML changed the daughter's name to He Siyi (Siyi - means in rememberance of Ji Yi - I don't know if they ever mention her original name). They only have one child (I made a mistake in the previous spoiler - she can have kids but it's very dangerous for her).
    Apparently the car crash when she was 19 stole away half of her lifespan so her living until 57 is actually a miracle.
    Before Ji Yi dies, she makes him promise to make a movie of their story. ML makes a movie of their story called "A Billion Stars Can't Amount To You" and gets best director for it. After the film festival ends, he goes back home and goes to sleep and has a dream about Ji Yi and she says she really misses him, he replies back that he really misses her as well. The next day, the daughter finds him in bed - He's peacefully died in his sleep.
    The reason Ji Yi got him to promise to make the movie was because she thought that it would give him time to get over her death and then he will continue living the rest of his life happily.
    Translation of the last two lines (Daughter's perspective)
    "But in the end her mother underestimated her father's love for her.
    Once her father completely fulfilled her mother's final wish, without any hesitation, he went to be with her."

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  17. wafflebeauty

wafflebeauty Димаш Кудайберген

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk if i should try this or not, i can't stand the Adonis Next Door so tell me, is it better than Adonis?

18. Hmntlzn

Hmntlzn 9th Mistress_❤

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope ABSCATY better than adonis next door too. I drop Adonis next door... *too much drama. Scheme. Mad people. my heart ache

wafflebeauty likes this.
  19. SweetPink13

SweetPink13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion ABSCAY is better than Adonis Next Door. It's just that the progress will be slow and you'll enjoy the story more as it progress.

gmashk and wafflebeauty like this.
  20. Hmntlzn

Hmntlzn 9th Mistress_❤

Reading List:
    Link