LCD Throne of Magical Arcana

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by DeathStroke96, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, I'm sure a lot of language have different words for you and You if you thought me French coz of that.
    Anyway it's not just that sentence, the translation is filled with weird conversations, I don't mean the topics but the way they are worded, espeacially the formalities and especially especially the formalites regarding nobles and royalty, those are seriously cringy and just wtf.

2. gangbuntu

gangbuntu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (cmiiw) to rephrase it: when a sheep barks, your brain triggered an alarm that hinders story immersion.
    since i've read plenty japanese stories with foreign setting (western, egyptian, chinese) sprinkled with japanese cultures, i've become quite numb to out of character situation like this.

this, on the other hand, is translation/editing issue -- imho the problem lies with the editor.
    perhaps if you comment on the cringy phrases and improved wordings the translator/editor would become better?

3. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    That would make me the editor, there' so much to fix... besides I'm not registered at qidian.

4. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As soon as they encountered a demon that none of them had heard of before, especially one that was that hard to kill, they should all have just left the castle and gotten far enough away to contact their superiors and seek advice, reinforcement, or mission cancellation. Forcefully carrying on is a good way to die, or worse than die.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If it's that easy to turn a man into a pig, then why is it so hard to turn an old man into his younger self? I would think it would be significantly easier.

Wasn't there an army of demons in that castle? Why didn't any of them come to help defend the brazier?

Lokumi likes this.
  6. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    people do ask this. this happens when there are different manners to address someone

this doesnt occur in western society thou cus theres no such thing

7. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Yet the novel is in western style, they didn't even introduce themselves with a dozen surnames or titles, he just asked it straight away.

8. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    u can put a china man in europe and he'll still be a china man.
    this author hasn't even left china so why you expect him to write like a person who isn't from china?

9. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Author of Tales of The Reincarnated Lord does it alright. Even Release that Witch has better depiction of the west. Even IET in CD did it alright. Hence we can draw the conclusion, that the author of magical arcana is just lacking in his writting... or the translator.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly thought Bill was a complete red herring and that it was the girl (Susan?) that really summoned the demon. Now I'm wondering if she and Bill did it together, or if she was just using Bill as a scapegoat by having the demon kill and impersonate him. Though, I suppose there's a small chance that the guy that stayed behind is responsible, but that seems unlikely with this author.

Lokumi likes this.
  11. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    for the 10th time here.
    qidian novels are stories written by hobbyist.

some will be better than others and people like you who compare these novels with professional authors are just.....

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, so it was all a test. Didn't see that coming. I wonder if the other two were in on it? Also wondering what it was that he hit with his spell that deconstructed Bill into his constituent atoms.

13. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just curious, where the hell is the romance? theres zero romance here and the princess is a lesbo so...yea..who put the romance subplot there?

14. gangbuntu

Reading List:
    Link
    not all are crafted as test?
    the double summoning were real.
    the bigwigs simply use this opportunity to measure lucien's quality under pressure.
    what role did the dragon play then? i suspect the demon they faced were part dragon and part pain fable.
    with the dragon gives "subtle" hint towards the pain fable.
    * recall lucien's question about demon's premature attack (as opposed to keep pretend it died while regaining its strength)
    * the higher ups have agreed to protect lucien from harm -- but it doesn't mean they'll keep him in a golden cage. -- the dragon acts as a babysitter

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I figured that the dragon and the senior sorcerer came in, cleared up the demon infestation, then faked the whole thing with the real thing as a model. Though I can certainly see it being the way you described too, but that seems a lot riskier.

Lokumi likes this.
  16. gangbuntu

Reading List:
    Link
    there's that bill-susan factor. but there are other confusing factors as well (my comprehension / author's mishap?)
    - the bees/hornets swarm at the beginning. and none of them within (disregarding creepy arms & eyes)
    - bill was pronounced sincere in the beginning; earlier reasoning that his memory was wiped by the demon has been proven false as the he turned out to be the demon himself.
    - the pain fable summoning. it has been verified in the library to be a "real thing". from a big name sorcerer that went poof

17. merong

merong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the whole test thing is a mess!! i bet even the author himself is not sure enough which part are artificially added by the dragon and which part are the demon's work... from what i understand, the earlier wave of demons that attacked them before they arrived in the apprentice hall are just made by the dragon...remember that those demons did not have any remains when Lucien and the gang killed them...as for the rest, i don't have idea anymore

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    How has that info dealer lasted that long with that attitude if he can't even handle a second circle spell?

I wonder if he'll be traveling across the empire as the musician Lucien Evans, or if he'll try to be a bit more subtle about it.

19. Kilian

Kilian Dao of Dreams

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably the latter, throughout the story, except for the beginning he tries to stay low-key when he travels, while still often using the name Lucien Evans he doesn't reveal that he is the famous musician. The church would probably start wondering how and why he is traveling so often and without leaving a trace and would recognize he is a sorcerer.

20. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read to the last volume on raw and there is romance, and it's quite sweet imo. Just be patient :)