Spoiler How to die as heavy as Mount Tai (BL)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by azure_sea, Mar 28, 2018.

1. azure_sea

azure_sea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Title: 如何死得重于泰山[快穿]
    Link: http://www.danmeila.com/chongsheng/31891.html

NOTE: i swear i've seen this novel floating aroung the internet fo a while now, BUT don't know if someone already has made a thread. if so, please tell me.

Summary:
    When a person dies, they either die light as a feather (aka unimportant) or heavy as Mt. Tai (aka very important).
    Their nature are for sure not ordinary, these kind of people, when they die not as extraordinary people, heir hearts will have some lingering wishes.
    Souls with lingerings wishes in their hearts, just one bowl of soup from Meng Po (the soup from the underground that makes you be reborn as a baby in the above world again; cycle of rebirth) isn't enough to let them forget past events. Souls that aren't pure enough can't go through reincarnation.
    Therefore, they need -
    Hello, this the department of purifying souls in the underworld, serial number 666 Lu Heng (MC) is at your disposal. Our service obejctive is: fulfilling your wish to die importantly, additionally never being OOC!

Lu Heng: Left the name in the annals, this evaluations grade will be for sure S+!
    Section Chief: Lu Heng, why did break apart the couple again!! (CP as in predestined couple) I am deducting your salary! Deducting, deducting, deducting!!!!
    Lu Heng: Leader, this is really not my fault!!! QAQ
    Mysterious Person: *rubs Lu Heng's head*

Tag: 1v1, MC=shou, ML=seme/gong, ML is the same person

NOTE:
    the first arc made me sad for ML bc they never got together, but from the second arc forward, MC fell in love with ML and he even wanted to stay in the second arc just to be with ML. MC as to die at a certain point like when the original owners died, but he had to make their death more meaningful. so MC can't stay. he even got depressed for a while and wanted to reincarnate bc he thought he couldn't do it anymore. then he gets the info that ML exists in other worlds, too, so he became excited again.
    MC is a very dilligent person and aims to get S+ assessments for his task, but because he kinda unintentionally always breaks apart the predestined couple (bc ML always falls in love with him, lol), the section chief gets white hair. but apparently people from high above want MC to continue doing missions even though CP never get together (but for having the world balanced and no OOC, etc., MC is excellent in it). sooo i guess ML in real world is the big boss? i sneek-peeked to the extra, so MC and ML are watching other task operators doing their missions in different worlds on a TV, lol. and how they want to try world 2 again, bc it ended quite tragically.
    MC gets an operator that acts like a system during his tasks to give him information.

@alexfilia

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Shizun, Saikyi, Misaki Yata and 35 others like this.
  2. mereumsama

mereumsama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is really interesting somewhat like heroic death system. I was craving for fast wear novels these days so gonna give it try . Thanks for the recommendations.

cheerydandan likes this.
  3. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes to more BL!

Moy and ayala like this.
  5. Haruka1409

Haruka1409 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoilers please! :aww:
    I love fast wear novels :blobxd:

6. cheerydandan

cheerydandan Casual Lurker, Professional Procrastinator

Reading List:
    Link
    First thought: Heroic death system.
    I'm craving for a bit of angst and sadness with a sprinkle of fluff, so this might be what I was looking for

ChocoPuff likes this.
  7. azure_sea

Reading List:
    Link
    the first arc got me hooked! it was sad to see that they didn't get together :(
    the chapters are looong and detailed, especially the 2nd arc, wow, that got me in a circle, but then it suddenly all made sense! O.O still a sad ending though
    there is feels here, MC isn't always clueless and emotionally stunted, so from arc 3 onwards, he is actually searching for ML ^^

i would say that it's your cup of tea, it's detailed, has story plot in every arc, but also has fluffy and funny moments, but MC always has to die in the end T__T
    i've read till beginning of arc 3, so can't tell you more, but i really like how the novel goes so far

8. azure_sea

Reading List:
    Link
    arc 1: intergalactic war hero ABO
    story plot: shou protag is an omega that smuggled into the army as a beta (bc omegas aren't allowed in the army bc of hormones and heat), the ML is his higher official that treats him well bc protag's father used to save ML's life and when protag's dad died, ML swore to protect protag as repayment. MC is ML's best friend from childhood and another high official. during a mission the protag went into heat, ML and protag were in hiding, things happened, protag was found out as an omega by ML and MC's host, so host wants to report it (host is very strict in rules and abides by them), ML stops them, they fight, their friendship gets destroyed. some time later, during the war between humans and worm monsters, host leads a team to fight them but due to circumstances, he died in shame, everyone critized his actions, etc. ML and protag got all the credits, even though many things happened bc of that omega protag.

So MC has to turn his death into an honourable one that gets written into history.
    MC is a beta, ML alpha, protag shou is omega. MC makes it when protag had his heat and they 3 were stuck together in a mission, MC got protag injected with a suppression serum, so the disaster between ML and him couldn't happen. then when MC wanted to report it (through a signal call from his watch), MC made it so it was destroyed while he protected ML from an attack. bc the host is very rule abiding, if the watch was still intact, he would have made the report and then it would have gone the same way as the story line. So while his watch is getting repaired (for 1 month or so), his relationship gets better with ML and some misunderstandings got resolved.

ML didn't understand how host got more cold towards him and how he is now so rule abiding, bc when host was young, he was very mischievous and daring and didn't care for rules. in the end ML found out host did all this to protect ML and his team, bc higher ups didn't like ML's success rate and power he got. by being very rule abiding, the higher ups can't really say anything and host is always the one to talk to them bc ML doesn't like politics. in the original story, these misunderstandings never got resolved, so ML misunderstood him even more when host wanted to report protag, thus got more protective towards protag.

many more details, but ML fell in love with MC, never got together with protag, protag was hurt and got manipulated by bad guy to go ML's team full of alphas when they were doing a very important mission against worm monsters, protag was in heat again and made all the alphas go kinda crazy due to hormones. MC had to knock them all down (ML, too), but that kinda sacrificed the important mission. so MC went alone and sacrificed his life to destroy the queen of worm monsters. that was all streamed live, so all people saw his sacrifice and worshipped him after his death. when ML woke up again, MC was already dead, he started hating protag, made him go to court, he lived forever alone and became just like host was: cold, detached, very strict and rule abiding.

btw, at the beginning, ML bought a very nice piano and in the story line, he gave it to the protag as a present (and MC thought that it really was for protag due to story info). in this timeline, protag also thought that it will be a present for him bc he mentioned before that he used to play the piano. but it actually turned out that ML bought the piano for MC (bc host also used to play the piano when he was very little) and wanted MC to play a song for him like they used to do. that was 1 week before MC's death, so before MC died, MC played the piano during the live broadcast and said that he was sorry he couldn't play the song for ML and that he couldn't return home for a family dinner this year again. (int the story line, i guess ML gave the piano to protag bc he was disappointed in host's behaviour)

:cry::cry: i felt so bad for ML, the stupid protag omega was the root of all these problems! there is a reason why omegas aren't allowed in the military! and when ML gave him the option to cut out his glands (so that he won't go into heat anymore and can't get children) to stay in the military, protag was shocked and refused. he thought he was special to ML and wanted to be together with him, but ML was only nice to him bc of protag's father that saved his life. in the original plot, after that mission with the heat, they had sex, so ML changed his attitude towards protag. but in this one that scene didn't happen, and bc ML and MC were still good friends, so no special treatment. which made the stupid omega make rash actions and only needed a little bit of persuasion of the bad guy to do what he did. he also didn't like MC bc he got in the way between ML and him (which actually wasn't MC's plan at all. he actually thought that after his death, ML and protag would get together)

when MC saw what happened after his mission/death in a report, he was shocked and couldn't find out the reason why they didn't get together. the chief head was also puzzled, bc the balance of the world was 100% nothing was out of order, but why did the CP not get together?! god, he is going to get complaints from the department of matchmaking!

juanexbi, keima, 08phamann and 39 others like this.
  9. Raizendeville

Raizendeville [The Idle Lord] (눈_눈)| [Piñata Infantry Commander]

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmmm..
    *adds to the never ending danmei list..
    *sweats..... wew when will i ever finish..XD

OceanMagix, ChocoPuff, HeXie and 2 others like this.
  10. Kailyria20

Kailyria20 Perpetually distracted

Reading List:
    Link
    ah looks good, tiny bit angst but its ok, HE right?

11. azure_sea

Reading List:
    Link
    a little angst, some sad endings in arcs but HE at the end ^^

Kailyria20 likes this.
  12. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm, definitely reminds me of Heroic Death System, which I enjoyed very much, even though at the end of each arc I'm bawling my eyes out! :cry:

But it's HE, so it all works out! :blobicecreamlove:
    *waiting for more spoilers*

13. Kleep

Kleep Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just by the first arc this sounds amazing. Do go on :blobpopcorn_cool:

14. Ease

Ease 『Lone butterfly』『Freeloader』

Reading List:
    Link
    Usually omegas sneaked into military under disguised because they don't want to be dominated and thought to be weak. Why the hell will the protag enter the army but still keep his gland functioning then? He feels good to be surrounded by alphas? If it was not explicitly mentioned that gland removal is possible, then I can at least pretend that the omega got no choice but to hide his secondary gender. But it was possible to remove his gland, he just doesn't want to??

UpInTheAir and Rabbitanairy like this.
  15. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    it depends on the person and the world setting that the author created. The usual omegas in the chinese ones have frail and weak & simple minded personalities and easily influenced, except they are being possessed by something like the mc in fotd.

The omega prot likely thought with the suppressant meds its unlikely that his secret will be exposed. Ofc in most novels, omegas, especially prot of the world are being dragged into the mud except for the one in abo cadet.

Theres also the another thing that omegas are not allowed in the army and the remove gland operation will still leave a scar, thus would have led to being exposed.

16. Skyelyne

Skyelyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really enjoyed the spoiler for first arc to where I had to go read mtl for it. It was great and I thought I would be able to finish the arc without crying...but...:cry:
    well ML let Protag be arrested, not surprising since he cause problems and MC's death :(, and he only had two choices as omega, either be sentence to some place with hard labor or go to some place for omegas to be impregnated by alphas who wants kids and Protag chose the latter.

There's like a 10 yrs skip.
    Alex, MC's brother, have been coming to ML to collect MC's nameplate/tag but ML refuses. He smoothly walked into the marshal's office without being stopped by guards since ML is harsh on everyone, all except MC's family. Alex in beginning was really mad when ML refuses to hand over MC's nametag for his family but now he's calmed. Over the years, Alex and his family have slowly walked out from the pain of losing MC but clearly ML has not. As years went by, Alex watched ML slowly changes into serious, and rigid person like a 2nd MC.

Then there are more scenes for arc 1 but from the viewpoint of a guy with same/similar name to MC, because he was born on the occasion of MC's death so him and other kids were named after MC. The viewpoint is written in like a diary format...(will just call him Narrator)
    He mentioned a few things like
    • ML having two nameplates on his neck, not knowing why there's two (we know it's obvs MC's) Nameplate fell out of the collar and ML immediately put it back so Narrator didn't see
    • At a banquet, famous pianist played a song and said it was given to ML and that person ended up being kicked out (cuz that's the song MC played!) narrator thought ML hate the song
    • ML has a room, no matter how busy, will still stay in room for some time and no one is allowed inside. Narrator says there seems to be a piano inside because he faintly heard the song (same song at banquet) being played and thought ML didn't hate thing song.
    • This last one got me....:blobsob:....merc team sent ML a thing. The thing was a mecha, all tattered with a broken hole in the cockpit, one can tell it was forcibly teared apart by the Zerg. It was MC's mech, ML had an extremely pained expression and waved everyone to leave. Narrator can hear ML sobbing and him calling out MC's name :cry:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  17. azure_sea

Reading List:
    Link
    there was one famous omega, who wanted to go into the army, so he chose to cut out his glands (at that time it was very safe to cut it out and many omegas do it out of medicals reasons such as hormonal imbalance, old age, rape victims, etc.). this omega then became famous bc he was brilliant in the military. so ML wanted to send omega protag to this omega admiral's team, but the protag resisted bc he was in "love" with ML. why the protag wanted to join the army in the first place was bc of his dead father, the father was KIA and saved ML, so he wanted to join the army to be like his father (which sounded nice, but actually isn't that good of a reason, if he wasn't willing to sacrifice his glands and thus, was endangering all of the alphas that worked in the military).
    the suppressants only work as hormone blockers as in scent, but the heat will still come. the protag wasn't long in the military yet, so his heat hasn't come up before. and you can't always use a emergency heat suppressant, it's not good for the body.
    don't think the protag thought this through and the only reason he even got into ML's squad was bc of ML, otherwise he never would have made into the army, the tests are brutal.

sooo, i'm not pitying the protag, he knew he would endanger missions and alphas, but still chose to not cut his glands. so when the second heat happened and MC had to knock out all the alphas, ML blamed all this to protag. also, being an undercover omega in the army is a heavy crime and the protag would have been sentenced to either A. becoming a baby producing machine (he doesn't have the choice of partner) or B. heavy duty labor in a far distant part of the world.
    i think in the end, ML blamed himself for his choice of not getting rid of the protag sooner like MC/host wanted, bc MC died in the end. the omega protag got sentenced at the end of the story and he chose A, btw. (so yeah, you can see that joining the army was just a childish dream, but the protag wasn't ready to work and suffer for it. he didn't even have to work his way up like normal bc of ML and now that he had the choice, he chickened out)

Cloudland19, juanexbi, mmem and 20 others like this.
  18. Ease

Ease 『Lone butterfly』『Freeloader』

Reading List:
    Link

Hahahaha now there goes the protag's logic. I won't symphatize with what he got in the end. He totally had them coming.

Soooo are all the protags in other arcs as hateable?

19. azure_sea

Reading List:
    Link
    well, the female protag in the second arc is even more hateable, i really hater her guts. in the first one, i could understand some pointf for protag, but the second arc made my blood boil!!! stupid f*cking ungrateful b*tch!
    i also see a trend, you know? that the protag always seems to be indirect cause of the host's death, but MC can't take revenge on the protags of the world, bc they are the pillars of these worlds. when they die, the world collapses.
    the second arc is about a demon snake king, who raised a bunny (protag) in the spirital world. at first they had a good relationship, but then the bunny protag got swindled by human priests who told the protag that it was the host that killed her parents. so she colluded with them and host fell into their trap. host nearly died, he suffered for years as a human experiment and also served as living material (they cut flesh or skin out of host while he was still alive). when host got away, the protag caused some more trouble (she stole the holy sword of the demon race) and destroyed a holy stone that balanced their world. so demon race and human race went to war, host died, the demon race was nearly annihilated, but then protag came with the holy sword and made it all better >.> and host dies and goes into demon history as the one who cause this war....

juanexbi, mmem, maya_sov and 23 others like this.
  20. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    eh and the ML? XD