LCD The Inverted Dragon’s Scale

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Nefasdetestasti, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The phoenix is the "mother" of the human race. In two-three of the chapters, it was mentioned that mankind was born of her.

Normally I don't like reading humanity getting destroyed.

But for some reason, I feel like reading how Li Muyang would try to annihilate the entire human race. I wonder if there's a spoiler thread? I really wanna know future events that badly.

2. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 204

"What about his dragon face" ?

LOL

Li Muyang has a complete personality overhaul.

Sigh.. Goodbye, old Li Muyang. IT was NICE meeting you.

ninish likes this.
  3. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yea I was hoping for more of a merger of personality and not a take over

4. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    and all of a sudden Li Muyang is back to his old self, not the "dragon self".

weird author.

5. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    Frighten dragon fist..

what a peculiar name.

6. OrderedChaos

OrderedChaos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys, im genuinely confused, is Li Muyang gonna try to fulfill the dragons wish of killing humans or not? Rn he seems kinda like some bipolar but strong af person.

7. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    That IS the same feeling / vibe I'm getting as well.

However, the way I look at things:

The Phoenix remembers herself. Who she is / was, etc.

Li Muyang is just an individual who discovers that he is now a dragon, and no longer a human. (that's different from reincarnation, although both are technically reincarnation). In Li Muyang's case, the souls have fused, but it is still Li Muyang. As in Li Muyang, augmented by the Dragon King. Not Li Muyang taken over by the dragon king.

Some chapters back, we as readers can read the soul-stirring arguments between him (who still considers himself as a human) and the Dragon King.

Then now we look at this 'chit chat' with Lu Qiji, and he is saying things such as "i'm not going to kill them". Which to me, gives a very strong hint to something. That he's already beginning to think like a dragon, treating humans as 'mere creatures'. It was the same train of thought that dragged the Dragon Clan into the war with the barbarians in the first place (because they felt pity for the 'weak humans' and felt that as a stronger race, they needed to exert their strength to protect the weaker species, only to end up being backstabbed to the very last dragon by the very scheming cunning weaker species).

After all, didn't Li Muyang promised a few things, like what he can do, and what he can't do? For example, reviving the Dragon Clan seemed doable for him.

At such, I would think in future, probably, he's going to act as such, and just deal with "annoying" humans (the ones that annoy him, not all humans) accordingly, since he still has a human family.

8. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    double posted due to internet

9. OrderedChaos

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, im not really a writer but i would gotta say, there has to be "examples" explicit or not reminding us of muyang's train of thought. While having actions as the only example for a complex situation that he has, it becomes really confusing unless the author either goes an a massive infodump or sufficiently shows the signs of change. Then again, I digress b/c this has potential while not as much as the others but potential nonetheless. Its still a chinese webnovel and that speaks for itself.

10. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    and now, ladies and gentlemen....

introducing.. on the red corner... Chu Ning and Song Tingyun.

On the blue corner, Li Muyang and the ever graceful Qiandu!

Who shall win this fight? Bets, bets, bets!

Sigh... Qiandu. I wished that she was for Li Muyang. But he has turned into a dragon, and he won't want a normal human being. Cui Xiaoxin.... if Li Muyang truly turns into a raging vengeful dragon, you may, and probably may... have one chance to make Li Muyang to back off only once. Sigh.

11. OrderedChaos

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, he finally mentioned the fact that he is getting heavily influenced....... in passing. Wtf author, you couldve made an aside or wrote about Muyang's thoughts about the recent actions he has done due to soul fusion in a clearer fashion. At least we now have an understanding of the consequences of the DK's tear, even if its just stated in 1-2 sentences haha

12. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well Li Muyang has started calling himself little dragon and the like, so it's rather obvious

13. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    could anyone tell me how is the novel? I left after 70 or so chapter.

14. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    It feels a lot like Ze Tian Ji. The humor, cultivation, personality and grudges are all quite casual and down to earth. I love the series, and Li Muyang has really developed character-wise. He hasn't matured, but his viewpoint has noticeably developed, just as Chen Changsheng's.

15. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Prologue: Well, his grandfather is a total b*****d and his father is a spineless coward, but hopefully one of them will be man enough to pay for the kid’s upbringing. If not, I’m going to have to hope that he crushes the Lu Clan.

That aside, I wonder if they’ll tell the mother that they’ve swapped her son for a daughter.

C1: How did they fail to notice his eyes turning black? If your whole face is black, the whites of your eyes really stand out. Having them suddenly turn black is extremely noticeable.

C2: I don’t think the girl in reality can be held responsible for the actions of the girl in his dreams. If he wants to reject the girl who invited him, he should go back to sleep ;)

C3: If she’s that hot, he’s that shallow, and she’s been in the school for the better part of two years, and she’s not willing to ignore her brother being bullied, then how did he not already know her?

That aside, I hope she didn’t straight up poison him. It might damage her chances of getting into a good school ;)

C4: I really hope the MC stops it with this “just a girl” nonsense. It makes it hard to like or respect him when he obviously knows that she’s a hundred times stronger than he thinks he is.

C5: “Can you be a little more smarter than what we imagined you to be?” I can’t decide if this is intentional (to make her look like an idiot), or a translation error.

If she’s known as a demoness, then he’s not the only one she bullies. That being the case, parents would definitely complain about her. Unless this is a school that’s so poor that it can’t attract decent teachers, there’d be no reason for them to not fire her.

C6: That was a very blatant threat. People might not care if the teacher bullies the worst student in the school, but the administration would definitely care if she bullied the brightest one, especially if they’re hoping to get donations out of her a few years later when she’s rolling in money.

C7: “It’s not impossible, how else can you explain his pitch-blackness—–” Are there no black people in this world or something?

C8: If the MC had time to react, then why didn’t she? Is her martial arts talent so horrifyingly lacking? If so, how is she able to get into the best university in the country? Do they not care about cultivation? If not, that would be odd.

C9: Starting him out with beating down one of the top ten in the nation is setting the bar a bit too high if the author wants there to be tension in the story ever again.

C11: There’s an Africa with mummies in this world, but no black people?

C12: I know it won’t happen, but there’s a part of me that thinks it would be funny if Cui Xiaoxin wound up being Li Shinian’s love interest rather than the MC’s ;)

Hopefully neither of her solutions is the one he rejected…

After he becomes famous, I wonder if the Lu family will try to claim him.

C14: I really wish that the author hadn’t chosen black skin to be the representation of his “illness” or “curse” or whatever it’s supposed to be. It just makes the author feel racist.

C15: If his grades were really that bad, how did he manage to make it to third year? Why wasn’t the school holding him back and forcing him to pass his classes before he could advance?

If that teacher keeps upsetting Cui Xiaoxin, she won’t have to worry about her career anymore. Well, other than worrying about finding a new one. I very much doubt that the school would be willing to say no to her when she asks them to fire her.

That aside, how did he or his sister get into the same school as Cui Xiaoxin? They’re dirt poor right? And it definitely wasn’t based on merit if you consider his grades.

I’m betting the questions he couldn’t answer, and the ones he was iffy on, were all flawed questions based on the teacher’s errors.

C16: If his answers were better than the ones in her answer key, then how could he possibly have cheated? Even if he were somehow accessing the internet to research the answers, he wouldn’t have been able to finish so much of the test in the time he was allowed.

C17: How would there be multiple methods to solve history questions? Generally speaking, they’re phrased in such a way that there’s really only one right answer.

C18: “Miss Zhao, write the name of whoever you felt answered those papers.” Vicious. I love it ;)

“It’s just that hopefully next time when I invite you to a movie, you won’t be so cruel and refuse.” :ROFLMAO:

C22: Well, as much as I hate his biological father and grandfather, they could probably remove the status barrier between him and the girl he likes without any real effort if they felt like it, assuming that the Cuis and the Lus don’t have some sort of deep seated grudge anyway. Of course, if they do have such a grudge, then that could be his in with the Cuis. I’m sure their lawyers would have a field day with the Lus if he were to marry into their family.

C23: Well, that’s not even a little bit subtle now. I wonder if the MC will get angry, or depressed.

C24: lol, I think the MC is doing a much better job of making cordial threats ;)

That aside, does the cousin not know how the MC saved her? Is he not aware that he’s kicking a steel board?

C26: I hope this isn’t a prelude to his parents being killed to clear the way for his biological parents.

Lol, his sister is merciless.

C27: I wonder how they would have reacted if their spies had done a more thorough job and discovered his mother’s connection to the Lus.

C29: Xiangma lacks subtlety. If he wanted, he could just have the MC’s grades altered, or use the Cui’s influence to make sure the university rejected him. Keeping someone out of a prestigious school is much easier than getting them in, and rich families get people into such places all the time.

C30: I wonder if she actually did call the cops. I’m kinda doubting it. Even if she did, I’m not sure what she would have told them that would actually get them to come.

C31: I really, really wish that the author would stop pretending that every woman in the world is weaker than every man and must be protected by the nearest man, even when she is actually more than strong enough to handle the situation herself and/or the man is too weak to be able to have a positive impact on the situation. It’s as idiotic as it is sexist.

C33: If he was really walking everywhere, and not using a land folding technique of some kind, then his sister and parents would have died long before he got to them.

And so dies an incompetent assassin that couldn’t even master the “kill first, monologue second” doctrine. His school should truly be ashamed of him, just not for the reasons he was hoping.

C34: If he really wanted to die, then why didn’t he just stab himself? What kind of assassin doesn’t at least have a knife on him?

C37: I really have to wonder how he managed to get such an incompetent servant. If nothing else, I’d have expected his parents to intervene and get him a better one.

C40: I fear for the future of the Yan family. Dark days are ahead when the current head dies.

The Cuis on the other hand, have a very bright future, even if she doesn’t marry the MC. Well, assuming that they’re not stupid enough to insist on a man being the next head.

C42: Hopefully he understands why she’s trying to break contact with him.

I wonder how much the eldest daughter resembles his sister. I expect he’ll be meeting her soon, and he’s not really stupid enough anymore to not be able to connect the dots if they look like twins.

C43: It’s pretty clear that no one with a brain believes that Xiangma could have killed Crow. That being the case, I’m not sure how much good it’s doing for him to take the blame.

C45: How does a single punch hit everyone surrounding him? Also, what’s the point in fighting them off if he’s going to smash the bakery and injure his mother himself? Is he there to help her or not?

You know, the city lord owes him a favor. Getting him to force the police to actually care about protecting his family from racketeering should be quite easy. The cops that are happy to look the other way for money will suddenly grow eyes when their jobs are on the line. It’s not terribly important at the moment of course, but it could prevent this from turning into something bigger.

C46: Neither of them understands the meaning of gratitude. I’d hope that the MC would kill them, but that would probably damage his relationship with the girl. So, I guess that I’ll have to hope that she finds out. I’m pretty sure she won’t flinch and making both of those a**holes suffer for treating her friend and savior like that, especially not after involving his mother.

C47: She found out way faster than I expected. Here’s hoping that she makes him suffer.

C48: I think Xiangma might just be an M…

C50: Lol, I can’t decide if that guard is intelligent or not ;)

C51: Why couldn’t they just say that he had an affair with his wife’s maid and the MC was his illegitimate son? It would hardly be the first time that something like that had happened. Nor would it be the first time that an illegitimate son was acknowledged after proving that they were capable individuals. It also doesn’t seem like his mom would care too much so long as he himself knew the truth. Though, it’s hard to say if he’d be okay with being known as a bastard.

Of course, if they really didn’t want to admit anything, then they could just “discover” that their daughter wasn’t related to them, conduct a “search” to “find” their real child, and then bring him into the family afterward. It’d be quite awkward for their daughter, but it would solve all the problems that they brought up. If his adoptive parents were willing to go along with it, they could even pretend to be innocent in the whole affair (though, obviously, I’d prefer that didn’t happen).

I really do wonder how they’ve been treating the daughter that they kidnapped. Hopefully, they haven’t been taking out their feelings of guilt on her.

C52: This makes me wonder if her own family were the ones that hired the assassin to kill her. They seem coldblooded enough for it.

I really hope something nasty happens to XingKong. I wonder if he betrayed his son and grandson yet again because he was afraid of the MC becoming a pawn of the Cui family.

C53: In a world with cars, why are horses and carriages still being used in the capital? Were they concerned that the city might not smell like horse s**t anymore if they got rid of them?

I was wondering how long it would be until we met her. I wonder if she attends Starry Sky Academy. If so, I’ll have to assume that the MC’s grandfather wants him to marry her.

C54: Crap, now we’ve got a second Xiaoxing. Hopefully, the translator will stick to calling Cui Xiaoxin Xiaoxin and not slip into calling her Xiaoxing like in some of the previous chapters. This is going to get confusing otherwise.

If his father’s workplace is inbetween his house and the bakery, then why didn’t he stop in to get his father on the way to the bakery?

C55: I wonder how she found out that she was a replacement, and if she plans to murder the MC.

C57: I wonder if her teacher will be upset that she shared that book with her brother. Also wondering if he’ll ever come back and check up on his student.

C59: Is Starry Sky not a Kingdom school?

C61: It’s nice to see people learn from their mistakes, especially in a WN where it’s far rarer than phoenix feathers or quillin horns.

C62: I was thinking Starry Sky might be a military school, but it looks like it’s a cultivator school. I wonder if the two are one and the same in this world. Also wondering if his replacement will follow him there. I get the feeling she might. I also get the feeling that she’ll do it so that she can kill him.

I wonder if he’ll turn him down though. It’s not the university he promised to go to after all.

C63: Why does the headmistress’ gender keep changing?

If the school is so prestigious, then it seems odd that a school that the Cuis would be willing to send their daughter to would be unaware of it.

C64: One of the teachers should go fetch him from the road at least. He’ll get run over if they don’t.

Lol, I like that the teacher’s self-aware enough to realize that her role was relatively minor. I think she’s still overestimating herself with 1/6 though ;)

I wonder if he actually got that score, or if his grandfather pulled some serious strings to make it happen. Considering the other big names appearing on that list this year, if he did rig it, I assume that it’s something that’s not easily done (even for him), or that he had to fight in a serious and secretive manner.

C65: I wonder how long it’ll take his sister to realize that she may not be able to follow him to Starry Sky.

Unless Starry Sky is an international school, wouldn’t only accepting the number one in the country mean that they only have one new student per year?

Yeah, probably don’t want to engrave that at the school gates…

C66: lol, the principal’s approach to the new motto is very pragmatic ;)

C67: lol, his mom had the best reaction.

“I also have to study–I feel I didn’t do too well this time—” rofl. If first in the kingdom isn’t doing well, then what exactly would be? ;)

Finally, someone who’s heard of the place. I wonder how Xiaoxin will react when she hears. I expect she knows the school too.

C68: If it’s so hard for even royalty to get in, then how was his grandfather able to arrange it so easily?

The city lord is really taking this far too personally, and really, truly does not understand the meaning of gratitude.

C69: I figured that the money and the praise was meant to bring unwelcome attention down on him, not overinflate his ego.

I don’t know why his father thought it was a good idea to send him to the capital. His mouth is definitely going to get him into trouble.

I wonder if either of them will notice her resemblance to her sister.

C70: I wonder if there’s no resemblance, or if she just didn’t notice it because her mind automatically rejected it.

C72: Why is he complaining about transportation costs? Didn’t he just get 2k coins? I don’t really know how many that is, but I was under the impression that even a single coin was fairly valuable.

C74: I wonder if he’ll brake himself out and then get captured by the MC, or if the MC will be the one to set him free.

Also wondering if that Starry Sky guy is there to rescue the general.

Please, like Xingkong wouldn’t murder his family in retaliation for his betrayal.

C75: I torn between thinking that this is all a distraction to make rescuing the general easier, and thinking that that idiot stole the scholars money just because he doesn’t like scholars.

C82: Hopefully, he won’t kill the passengers. I think it would be difficult for him to live with that.

Though, from a more practical perspective, it’s probably best to kill them all. After all, he did just defy an government authority and kill numerous governmental officials.

C84: Considering the probable purpose of the Monitor Division, it seems odd that they’re mostly comprised of muscle heads with no delicacy. Without subtlety, it would be impossible to find the majority of the nation’s most dangerous internal enemies.

C86: Well, that was far more drawn out than it needed to be. Hopefully, future fights won’t be as boring as this one, but I expect they will be with the MC being so excessively OP.

C87: How is a sword stroke that takes that long to execute even useful? Anyone capable of performing it would be taking part in fights where a thousand blows could be exchanged in less than a second. Taking even one second to charge up is basically suicidal. I really hope this doesn’t turn into DBZ. This kind of garbage is the main reason I stopped watching it.

Wow, the people of the Monitor Division are utter morons. Are they not the secret police? How are they so stupid as to not realize that the only real way to get revenge is to escape and inform the government of what happened? He’d be branded a traitor and hunted down by people much stronger than Cui Zhaoren.

C89: Considering that Cui Zhaoren was using the Monitor Department to carry out treason on behalf of his family, and even stooped so low as to try to murder an initiate of Starry Sky, this is basically a perfect opportunity for the Lu family to stab them hard, politically speaking. If painted in the correct way, the Cui family will be in deep trouble for using authority that was not theirs to use, and costing the crown a valuable tool, not to mention the loss of face. The only thing that could save them would have been if one of the Monitor Department had been bright enough to flee and bring false reports of treason and collusion , but they were all morons.

C90: That sounds more like go than chess…

Lol, from innocent bystander, to dastardly criminal, to righteous hero, all in a very short time ;)

Honestly, I thought he was going to stick a bit closer to the truth, but this will probably be more effective, and help him and the MC more in long run. Not to mention that it also drives the wedge between the MC and the Cuis even deeper than it already is, which I’m sure his grandfather considers to be a good thing.

C93: Didn’t it say that the bounty was 100 gold? How did it suddenly become 100k gold?

Why does he keep saying that he didn’t get into Starry Sky? Didn’t he say the exact opposite to all those scholars back on the boat? Or was he just boasting? Or am I just misremembering?

I wonder why the school is ignoring someone trying to kill one of their students on their doorstep.

C95: Ah, so they do care. In that case, I wonder why the assassins thought that they wouldn’t.

Also wondering if the author will get better at writing action scenes. That one was a total mess.

C97: I wonder why protecting the families of the students isn’t standard practice, or if it is and this guy is just trying to pretend that it’s not so that he can make the MC owe him for doing nothing.

C98: Wasn’t even a single gold coin supposed to be fairly valuable? Why would anyone, even the ultra-rich, waste more than 100k gold on a bird that will die within a year? And, if that’s a small sum of money, why was the bounty on him only 100k gold?

C100: I’m pretty sure that each of those “taboos” would get him beaten down if he were to mention them to a true drunkard.

C101: I’m really not clear on how that counts as a pass for her, or what it is that they’re wanting these kids to prove.

C105: rofl, I love how the teachers fought over him, and how quickly it escalated ;)

C109: It’s a good thing all of this is fake, otherwise the existence of an entire town of hundreds of bandits that constantly kill their victims existing for more than a thousand years without being exterminated by the government, or causing all the nearby trade routes to be abandoned, would be too ridiculous to be believed.

I wonder what they expect him to do with the children if he doesn’t kill them, leave them to starve? Though, I do agree that he should have been at least mildly conflicted about it with the toddlers. The women and the old people though, they were all bandits or former bandits and were every bit as guilty as anyone else.

All that aside, did he kill the slaves too? It sounded like there should have been quite a lot of them in the town, but there was no mention of them surviving.

C110: I wonder if he slaughtered the merchants too.

C111: rofl, I don’t think an appropriate time exists for that quote XD

C112: I wonder if she’s somehow realized what the MC is, or if she has some other reason for choosing such an esoteric and useless subject.

Also wondering if the MC will pick a single major. Judging by how quickly he went from nothing to first in the nation, he could probably handle studying absolutely everything.

C113:
    This reminds me of Skyrim, if you don’t allow the dragons to start spawning ;)

Does he think dragon slaying will be cheaper to learn for some reason? Even if that were true (and I don’t think that it is), what would he even do with such a degree? Who will hire him? Who will give him the backing he needs to protect his family?

C114: Well, that sounds like propagandist BS. If the dragons were that rich, they could have just told the humans what they wanted, negotiated a price and had the hearts delivered. Even if they didn’t feel like paying, people that strong, in a world like that, wouldn’t have cared about a hundred random people. At most, they would have used them as an excuse to go kill dragons and steal their treasures.

Has he forgotten that every strong person he’s met up to now has studied one of those two subjects? Why does he think dragon slaying will make him stronger than they will? Even more so when they’ll teach him to kill humans and armies, rather than the far less applicable dragons. Or is he planning to commit suicide in a colossally roundabout way? Or is this researching the enemy? If it’s that, then he should dual major.

C117: I wonder if his sister will manage to do something to impress the bodyguards he sent her and wind up getting invited to Starry Sky.

C118: Maybe I’m just overly sensitive to stuff like this now, but it feels like they took a strong, capable girl, and turned her into a damsel. I really hope she does something to rescue herself rather than just allowing her protector (whoever that will be) to do all the work while she stands there too scared to think straight.

C119: rofl, how many people did he send to protect his sister? ;) Also, why are none of them protecting his parents instead?

C120: “Who were those people? That Taoist priest was so handsome—-priests can marry, right?” lol

Well, those guys are failures as guards, assuming that that’s what they are. How could they not even know the face of one of their protectees?

C121: So close. She almost guessed it. In her defense, the MC’s mom was sending a lot of bad signals ;)

C122: Why didn’t they ask her how she survived the monster attack? And why didn’t she tell them?

I wonder how her protectors will react when she moves in with the Lus.

Also wondering when she’ll see her martial arts teacher again. It’s been years, and she’s not made any real progress due to the lack of anyone to guide her.

The prince is a moron. If he insults the MC for choosing Dragon Slayer, then he is insulting Lu Qiji too. How can he not realize that? Have his etiquette and politics teachers taught him nothing?

It occurs to me, she and the MC were born on the same day, yes? Could she have been inhabited by the spirit of whoever it was that forced the dragon to flee into the MC?

C129: Sounds like the MC got the Dragon King’s Tear.

C130: I wonder if the phoenix killed Lu Qiji and took her place, or if the two just merged much faster than the MC and the dragon king.

C131: I can’t help but feel that the MC is a trifle dim if he hasn’t considered the possibility that he already has the tear, especially after that comment in the scroll about remaining calm. Has he still not realized that it’s his own anger that summons the dragon?

C132: Yeah, that’s boiling blood alright ;)

C140: How does being massacred lower your status as a race? Have humans not been slaughtered frequently in their history? Have dragons not slaughtered humans repeatedly according to the human’s own histories? I wish these idiots would pull their heads out of their a**es and realize that, just because it’s not human, doesn’t mean that it’s sub-human.

C145: I wonder why the dragons aren’t being allowed to go to the afterlife.

C146” it’s worshiping the dragon slayer heroes who died.” Is this a typo, or is the MC a moron? Why would text worshiping dragon slayers be written in the draconic language? Does he also think that WWII era poems in Hebrew about glorious revolutionaries are praising the Nazis?

C152: Considering that they have a minimum cultivation requirement, I tend to doubt the commonness of their “commoner” students. It doesn’t sound like anyone at the lower echelons of society would have access to even the worst cultivation techniques.

C153: I wonder how he plans to deal with it if his lies are ever exposed…

C156: Is my memory faulty, or didn’t Cui Xiaoxin have a car pick her up when she was tutoring the MC? Why is it all horses and carriages now?

Rofl. Best. Rejection. Excuse. Ever XD

C158: lol, I think he’ll probably develop some sort of phobia about sugar cane grass after this ;)

It’s too bad Yan Xiangma doesn’t stand a chance :(

C167: Judging by the song’s name and his memories of it, it seems likely that the dragon king and the phoenix once had a much friendlier relationship. I wonder how Lu Qiji will react when she hears “their” song being played and sees him performing it with someone else.

C172: I really wish that the author would stop bringing up their bigoted view that black people are inherently ugly. Every time it comes up, it makes me want to drop the series :/

C175:
    Huh? Why is he talking to himself?

C182: Why would he say that? He knows better and so does the dragon king. It makes no sense for him to say that.

C188: I don’t know why she’s so upset by this trap. It’s honestly pretty tame in terms of morality and war crimes. If she hasn’t seen things worse than this, then she’s been actively wiping her own memory.

C189: If reviving them was still possible, then why was he raging about the genocide of his species and the necessity of destroying humanity? Couldn’t he have just revived them himself and worried about whether or not to kill all the humans later?

Yeah, I figured humans were the aggressors. Their excuses for killing dragons just sounded too much like propaganda and greed.

C190: I have a hard time understanding why the phoenix wants to stop him from wiping out the humans.

C191: I’m not sure I’d still call her a friend when she didn’t step in to stop the humans from slaughtering his people, but did step in to stop him from slaughtering hers.

Also, I doubt she’ll let him revive the dragons since they will all be screaming for genocide from the moment of their rebirths.

C192: If he forcibly merges with the tear, then won’t his dragon aura increase? How is he supposed to continue at the academy then?

C194: Why would people knowing about the trap trigger a war? The vast majority of humans would applaud the trap’s existence and their forebears’ ingenuity.

Why is she taking him on all by herself anyway? What about all the other phoenixes? From the way they were talking about them, there were definitely multiples. Honestly, if there weren’t, there’d be no reason why she couldn’t just let him wipe out humanity and then recreate them from scratch; this time, focusing on teaching them the importance of honor.

C195: That last line is super creepy. Like, Hannibal Lector creepy. Is this supposed to be the author’s way of telling us that the MC is dead? ‘Cause, that’s not the vibe I’m getting from anything else. So, is it just bad characterization? I hope not. His character was complicated enough without adding in bad writing.

C196: Why does he want to destroy humanity? Why not start with reviving the dragons and wiping out the leadership of humanity? It’s not like the vast majority of humans even knew about the betrayal of the top nine factions’ leadership. He’s not the dragon king (or so it’s been implied and stated multiple times). There’s no need for him to assume all humans are equally trash, nor any reason for him to want to kill them all when there are still several humans that he values and cares about.

Also, if he wants to destroy humanity, then why not just unravel the barrier the dragon king set up to keep the barbarians out? It’s not like the humans could restore it anyway.

C198: I like Yan Xiangma, but honestly, he needs to stop it with the stalker behavior. No means no.

Did the author forget that Yan Xiangma told her himself that her brother had killed Cui Xiaoxin’s brother?

C199: There’s no need for him to protect her. The Lus have definitely got people following her when she goes to school. If they didn’t feel like doing that much, then she’d be home schooled.

C201: Is the king an idiot? Why does he trust this guy to recommend someone loyal to only the king when the last guy he recommended died while abusing the power and responsibility he’d been given on behalf of this very advisor? Shouldn’t it be blindingly obvious that anyone he recommends for the position will be loyal only to the Cuis, with only a pretense of loyalty to the Crown? How has this moron survived this long without realizing that he’s a puppet?

Nominating General Xu Da is basically slapping the Cui’s faces hard, and the king’s to a lesser extent since he’s still stupid enough to think of the Cuis as his unconditional allies.

C203: What qualifications does Yan Xiangma have to take such an important position? He’s done nothing of importance, brought continual shame to his family, slapped the face of the king, and his skills are only good when compared to a commoner with little to no backing. I would think that there would be hundreds of people that would be more qualified, even if the emperor limited himself to the Cuis and their allies.

C204: This is why you should be careful when choosing your level of subtlety ;)

C205: Wouldn’t eating rice and drinking water be relatively special things for people in the desert? I mean, it’s not like rice grows in arid environments, and water being scarce is necessary for a place to be called a desert.

C206: An attack that takes so long to execute that people can have drawn out conversations about it, isn’t a good move. It’s simply suicide.

C211: rofl. Hopefully he learns from this and doesn’t shoot himself in the foot again ;)

I do wonder how the MC will practice or use this new technique without attracting unwanted attention, and how he intends to explain it to his master, especially if his master hears the explanation he already gave.

C213: I thought he was accepted as his first disciple, not his last?

You’d think that the MC would have learned from the last time that tactic failed.

That aside, I have to wonder if the teacher realizes that he’s a dragon, and if so, why he hasn’t killed him.

C216: His teachers and parents must have really been lax in his political education. There were many ways to deal with that situation without hurting her. The simplest being to change the subject with something like “this isn’t why you really came here is it?” or similar. Denying the premise also works if he phrases it correctly and can easily lead into accusing his brothers of bullying her. Though honestly, if she cared about him at all, she’d already know that there was only one woman in his eyes, so him not being interested would hardly be news.

That aside, I wonder how Lu Qiji plans to escape the interest of the future king. I doubt her family would help her.

C217: Why bother spying on them?

C219: lol, he’s gotten much better at playing that card ;)

C220: The MC really reminds me of the inspector from Casablanca decrying the presence of gambling as he accepts his winnings ;)

Something tells me that the Buddhists wouldn’t be so interested in the dragon’s thoughts on human karma.

C221: All very reasonable concerns. They really should have sent someone to Starry Sky to explain the truth to him, or a very convincing lie. Though honestly, the latter option would only make things harder later on when they decided to tell him the truth.

C226: I can’t say I think much of him as a human being for wanting to date a girl just so that he can ride around on her in public and pick up girls.

Rofl, I guess her adoptive father should have spent more time with her if he didn’t want her to sell him out at the first opportunity ;)

C227: Wasn’t he supposed to go see the Buddhist teacher, be accepted as a disciple and receive two treasures? Why is he going to some other teacher’s lecture instead?

C228: Does he not know who Chu Xun is?

C229: I have to wonder about Qiandu’s intentions if she’s not even slightly jealous after his reaction.

C231: At this point, even if he beat the MC, they’d still lose almost as much face as if he beat him.

I’m betting it was the teacher. It’s long past time for him to show up. If it is him though, I kinda hope that he forces them to duel with calligraphy or painting.

C232: I really thought he’d try to get it switched to a calligraphy duel. He’s at least practiced that.

C239: I wonder how the king would react if Muyang was suddenly Lu Muyang. I expect not well.

C240: I wonder what sort of plans he has for Shinian. I don’t remember any mention of any boys her age in the clan, so marriage seems unlikely.

C241: For a moment there, I thought he was going to teach it orally, which would likely have been a disaster.

Well, that arhat is a hypocrite or a liar. If he truly believed in the things he said, he would never have attacked the dragons.

C242: Well, he’ll never have to worry about insomnia again ;)

I wonder when we’ll find out what that person who invaded his room was up to. At the moment, I’m thinking they stole his book from his first master.

C248: Why doesn’t the boy have any attendants or guards? It’s not safe to be outside by himself when his family has so many enemies, especially when he has a history of being bullied.

C249: I wonder how much blood will run in the streets because of this, and how blatant the king will be in siding with the Cuis afterward.

C250: Why would that moron bring Shinian and Tianyu into the fight? Has he forgotten that he has far more children to protect than his opponent?

C254: Well, I guess we need to add “sexist pig” to the king’s accolades :/

I have to wonder if the king is looking for an excuse to purge the Cuis. Allowing them to disrespect his authority in his own city is a terrible move otherwise.

C255: How is reporting a crime in progress to the relevant authorities “dispatching” said authorities? I’m quite certain that they’re more than capable of dispatching themselves after learning of the crime.

So, when the City Patrol does its job at the request of the Lus, it sends the king into a towering rage, but when the Monitoring Division betrays the country at the request of the Cuis, he’s completely fine with it. What a f’ing moron.

And where was Xingkong’s care for the children when he banished his own grandson and covered up all knowledge of his existence?

C256: I hope that this isn’t a society where only males can inherit. If it is, then the Lu family is doomed ;)

C259: If he’s got one major and three minors, then how does he have time to be anyone’s teaching assistant?

C260: Just how many masters is he going to acknowledge? Doesn’t tradition normally mandate just one?

C262: Well, I think it’s safe to say that that Song brat just made an enemy for life. I wonder if she’ll manage to befriend the MC before tragedy strikes her.

C263: I’d feel a lot worse for Chu Xun if she hadn’t made her stance abundantly clear to him on multiple occasions.

C264: They’re emphasizing the leaving time too much. It’s clear that something’s going to get in the way of them leaving on time.

C268: It’s too bad that summoning clouds forces him to transform. Otherwise, it sounds like a move that would be very useful here.

Since when could the MC fly? Is that something anyone at the Empty Valley stage can do?

lol, “Yan Xiangma” has some rather odd notions of what a wolf should be good at ;)

C271: Why does he want the Heart of Weak Water? Even if they found it, he’d never be allowed to keep it. It’s one of the top ten weapons in the known world. People would come in droves to kill him for it.

Why did he enter the water like that? Isn’t the nature of Weak Water common knowledge at the academy? Even if it’s not, shouldn’t they have investigated it before going? Or been informed by their teachers?

C273: Why did he bring people other than his team with him? It’s been mentioned several times that they can’t be trusted.

If he was that worried about it, then why did he make the bet?

C274: Why is he dragging it out?

C275: That bet was already made though? Why are they bothering to make it again?

C276: This test is carried out every year yes? And most of the students are the children or underlings of alumni yes? So why didn’t they already know the secret of this place?

C277: Canghai wasn’t knocked unconscious right? And it has no reason to delay its meal right? So why wouldn’t it or him be dead by the time they managed to find its nest?

C280: Seriously, why do they think Canghai is still alive? I mean, I know he is for meta reasons, but why would they think that he is? Other than Deus Ex Machina, there’s no way for both him and the monster to have survived.

Wouldn’t all the teachers know his secret now? It was heavily implied that they can watch what happens inside the illusion and at least three teachers would be focused on him the majority of the time.

C281: Since when does that mantra not put him to sleep?

C283: Who does the author think s/he’s fooling? That’s clearly the first student that went into the water.

C285: Like the MC would actually fall for that. The author needs to try harder if they want to create a nasty cliffhanger.

C286: So, the author’s prejudiced against left-handed people too. Is there any minority that he doesn’t disparage?

C287: Why is the MC wasting so much time on a single brother? He’s more than capable of quickly killing any of them 1v1, even when he’s tired.

C290: What’s the point in playing around with them? He needs to kill them quickly and transform before anyone new arrives and he’s forced to kill them too. Though honestly, I don’t know how the author is planning to explain the teachers not knowing that he’s a dragon, or choosing not to care.

C291: Seriously, why is he wasting so much time? He was definitely capable of summoning lightning to strike all of them out of the sky simultaneously. Wasting time on sadism is just increasing the risk of his secret getting out.

C292: “His thinking was clear and the method was correct.” How is the plan, “let’s hide in the highly flammable forest” a correct method born of clear thought when fighting a fire breathing dragon?

C296: “but what if he jumped down and fell to his death.” If the MC, and basically every other cultivator in the school for that matter, can fly, then why wouldn’t Lin Canghai be able to?

Who did Canghai think he was if not a student that got left behind? Are there ever any humans in the illusions other than Starry Sky’s people? The bigger question was simply: why had he not left the formation yet? Or, why did he show no interest in leaving now?

They should really be more interested in what that dog thing is. If nothing else, they should be worried about its parents.

Though, since he’s almost certainly bringing it out of the illusion with him, I have to wonder if it’s the Heart of Weak Water. After all, there’s no guarantee that it’s a literal shield.

C298: Yeah, there’s a better than 90% chance that it was the Heart.

C304: That savage guy is an idiot. If he’d just kept his mouth shut, he wouldn’t have had as many competitors to screw things up for him.

That aside, I wonder if the MC will actually honor his promise to the wolf.

Also, why is Snowball sticking around? That much commotion should have scared it off by now given its personality.

16. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol did you just read it all?

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Over the course of several days, yes.

18. Avenger

Avenger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I asked this in the discussion section but I should have probably asked it here. The novel has the romance tag and I think it is entwined in the story. How well is it executed and who is the female lead? I am thinking of starting to read this novel.

19. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not clear who's the heroine, but IDS is as peaceful in its romance as in its action, for lack of a better way of putting it. I quite enjoy how casual and plain the relationships are. I imagine the romance will be the same

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why does Lin Canghai suddenly need to have the wolf pearl explained to him? He was there when the bargain was made. Heck, he participated in the negotiations!