[Mafia] DotA Lynch Game #16 April Fool Edition

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by A5G_Reaper, Mar 30, 2018.

?

[Players Only] Reveal Roles?

Poll closed Apr 1, 2018.
  1. One!

19.2%
  2. 25%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 50%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 75%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 100%

38.5%
  6. All but one!

3.8%
  7. Unholy Evil Death Bringer

38.5%
  1. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Saying is one thing. Doing is another.

When I read icecoldsniper21's posts about hunting neutrals. There was conviction. He repeated his sentiment. He seemed serious about it. I generally don't count off-hand comments that lack conviction.

Same with dires blaming another dire. I look for conviction. If you say "I think alexfilia is dire because [weak reason]", I'm not going to count that as you truly wanting to lynch her. If you repeatedly go for her. If you start a lynch train. If you try to convince others. If you bring up evidence that isn't obvious. That's conviction.

It's not that strange to blame another dire. But it's not that likely. That's why I say probably. That's why I look for posts that counter and weaken my judgments.

katokashi and AliceShiki like this.
  2. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "I see. So the time has finally come, huh?"
    [​IMG]
    "It was fun while it lasted, I suppose."
    "The other dires are probably going to be mad at me for not even fighting back..."
    [​IMG]
    "...but as a Former Chen, I really don't want to let another Chen down!"
    [​IMG]
    "I hereby admit that I am a dire, and I will continue to play as a dire. As myself."
    [​IMG]
    "Oh Ema. Do you truly think they would want an alliance?"
    [​IMG]
    "Think about it. DT and Tinker they could have killed Nurman, a known Dire- no, was it Lesser Footrest now?"
    [​IMG]
    "And yet they both killed two Radiant Creeps in the end. While this may be beneficial for DT, it is also proof that..."
    [​IMG]
    "...neither sides want an alliance."
    [​IMG]
    "Not to mention this statement. Hah! What a joke!"
    [​IMG]
    "Didn't you read the memo? Four people died last night."
    [​IMG]
    "Suppose that we miraculously killed Francis this day. What will happen after that?"
    [​IMG]
    "The answer is simple; DT, Tinker and other Dires will massacre the others regardless of the outcome."

katokashi, Blitz, AliceShiki and 5 others like this.
  3. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    "...I'll give you this information; Night Stalker aimed at Lenaia at Night 1."
    "Guess what the GM said? The omelette has been cooked."

AliceShiki and Imawa like this.
  4. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy shit... that's wonderful
    I mean, how much time did you need to do that ? That's just so... wow.
    It was really pleasant to read ! But... well, a shame the message is a bit... well.
    ...negative ? A disagreement ?

Anyway, good job writing all of this !

Though... the omelette has been cooked...?
    Doesn't it mean that the result is already decided... no...? At least, that's how I interprete it...

AliceShiki, Imawa and Zone Q11 like this.
  5. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! I probably should have split them into two parts, where I reveal myself in the first and disagree Ema's comment in the second, but oh well. What's done is done.

It took me dozens of minutes, so I am happy to hear that you like it~!

As for the omelette... don't ask me. Ask that Night Stalker and @A5G_Reaper.

AliceShiki, Imawa and Naraku like this.
  6. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmmm... about the omelette...

I only know : "The omelette is already cooked." but not "has been cooked"...
    The former means means that it's too late to change what has been done.
    Urg... so to me, it can mean that we are already screwed up by Rea perhaps ?

Other than that, I don't know anything else.
    But... do you think the Night Stalker will reveal itself ? I mean, even if I ask, I don't even know to who, so... all I can do is :

Night stalker, do you have a guess about what GM's words meant ? Or did she really said this ?

And wait that a person reply.
    Also... It may be a dumb question... but how do you know what the Night Stalker heard from GM ? I mean, only the creep can communicate with each other at night, no ?
    So, are you the Night Stalker ? Or was it a lie ?
    Or somehow, you succeed at talking during Day Phase without attracting suspicion ?

Imawa likes this.
  7. Imawa

Imawa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will comment on your post later.
    But the beauty of it. It’s brilliant and cool. It must have have taken a while to make it. I liked it a lot.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  8. Axiel

Axiel ❖ Beyond Salavation ❖

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, I'll keep these then. And your read on me, can I have them after the game's over? You do have one on me, right?
    ~ ~ ~ ~
    This one though, possibility is that he simply didn't know or forgot to ask the GM it's limits, Omni can't protect someone twice was ingrained somewhere in me that I think most skills can't be used on the same person consecutively.
    ~ ~ ~ ~
    Okay, so DT can kill, camouflage and survive a kill attempt while taking revenge on the would be killer. . .
    Though if I were DT, Ema and Action would've been long gone.
    ~ ~ ~ ~
    I see. . . guess it's just me then. . . playing a game where radiant have more kills than dire gave me trauma. . .
    ~ ~ ~ ~
    Can I ask the logic behind why I or Alice is Morphling?
    ~ ~ ~ ~
    Beautiful and creepy. . . guess this throws away the alliance then. . .
    Was thinking that icecoldsniper could doom Francis to bypass Francis' possible reliance on Lenaia(Morph) but seeing this I guess you do have your backs on the wall.
    If that's true, the death count on night 1 don't add up, unless Lenaia's blockable and it targeted either Alice or the person Omni protected. . . though if it really were blocked that would be 3 kill blocks in one night. . . that or the random result is not just a lethal blow on a random target?

9. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, this post was really nice, good job!!! *thumbs up*
    Ah, this is the Queen of Smiles' ability, any non-killing ability aimed at her ends up as giving a random result... This is an example of a random result, aiming the silence at her ended up cooking an omelette... At least it's tasty I guess?
    The Dires have a PM of their own in which they can talk freely during the night, it's how they share information on which role they are, which role they suspect each other player to be, and decide who they are going ot kill.

As for what Rea-chan's words meant, see my reply above.
    She could, but then she'd have nothing to force us I guess?

Kinda annoying, but understandable.
    Hmmmmmmmm... I think your train of thought is kinda crazy tbh! xD

But well, it makes some sense at the same time.

... If anything, I'm unsure if the Morphling should be the focus atm... As in, Morphling is most likely the Queen of Smiles already... In other words, someone that requires 2 lynches to die... Either that, or Chaz killing them at night.

This essentially means that the day lynch would be wasted on the Morphling atm, which leads to another 3 kills on the next Night Phase... Or rather, 4, as the Queen of Smiles should kill another random player now.

On the other hand, lynching a dire leads to very little benefit, as they can't influence votes much once outed... If anything it would be nice to find the last dire creep, but... Well, that can wait.

What I think might be the best course of action, would be to find the DT, as they are increasing the number of deaths too quickly... Though at the same time, the best bet to kill the Morphling and Francis would be through Chaz, which may end up being killed in a search for the DT...

And lastly... Really, I don't think we can ignore inactives, I always go after them for a reason... I have 0 clues on them. Psyx could be Queen Mercy (I doubt that there is one in play, it's just an example) as far as I know and nobody would bat an eye... Sure, we can focus on prime suspects, but ignoring the inactives is a pretty bad move IMO, it's why I wanted Alexfilia dead, and why I wanted Katokashi (not inactive, just troll, but the end result from those are basically the same) dead... I really don't agree with ignoring inactives because we have no clues on them, I'd much rather try to lynch them and force them to get active or die.

With all that said...
    Sure, I didn't want to because of your own advice, but I'm Omni.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  10. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I do, I’ll show you later.
    There’s a HUGE difference between your scenario and icecoldsniper’s scenario. He made a fundamental error. The card description says “every night”. You wouldn’t need to ask a GM to know that. You’d simply have to read the card to know. Your case is different. It’s more of the nuances of the role and less of the fundamentals. Does icecoldsniper seem to be the sort of person who doesn’t even know the basics of what his role entails?

11. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, that was the radiant power I had in mind. You’re cleared.
    Who did you protect each night?

Unless someone counter claims, I’ll believe Axiel is morphling. DT I think is likely to be psyx or exitium but I need to check my notes.

12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I protected Ema, me and then Zone.

Ema was because she is a good player, so I think it's good to have her protected.

Me was because I got Storm Panda on 2nd night, someone might go after my head after I was protected once I thought... Doesn't make much sense in all honesty, but I didn't think that much on it. Figured I would just choose myself if I had no targets in mind.

Zone was on third because the number of players was trimming down and I thought people would start using people's deaths to frame others, Zone was going after my head since the beginning, so I figured keeping him alive would avoid people using his death as an excuse to frame me.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  13. Imawa

Imawa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If we manage to kill Francis. This will imply it will be the first ever game when the GM was defeated ? Don’t you want to be a part of nuf history? How many times has reaper been defeated. We are close. Might as well try?
    @Zone Q11 @Nurman @icecoldsniper21 and the last dire creep.

14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Lenaia was defeated on the Clone Madness game actually! ^^)/

By a pretty absurd exploit of eternal protection loop and day lynches... *shivers*

Zone Q11 and Imawa like this.
  15. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rechecking my notes, I think there is a slight chance Axiel could also be Dark Terminator. But I strongly don’t think he is radiant or dire. Look at his vote on D1 for why I don’t think he’s dire. As for why he’s not radiant, it was picking out small things he said. I’m without a computer for a few days, so quoting stuff will be hard. Also, Axiel is smart. He would have helped way more as a radiant (gut judgment on my part).

So that leaves neutral. Morphling or dark terminator (though I think morphling is more likely based on some of what he has said)

Axiel likes this.
  16. Axiel

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, okay.
    Yeah, thought about it and realized that it would be uncharacteristic for icecoldsniper to not know his role. . .
    Though I do remember deleting this part but I guess I loaded another draft. . . kinda hard to check when I quoted zone's monologue. . .
    Really?!! Thanks I actually thought you'd decline. . .
    But I've been just as paranoid as icecoldsniper when it comes to neutral though? And I remember you calling me a dire sometime back.
    As for whether I'm morphling, I would've just let the trolls calling themselves morphling go and blend with the background rather than actively lynch them.

17. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Changed my mind on you being dire after reading more closely.

You aren’t morphling? Then Dark Terminator?

Someone help me change my vote to Axiel. I’m on mobile and it’s a bit of a pain.

Reason: Don’t think he’s radiant or dire, which leaves neutral.

18. Axiel

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay. . . I'll say I'm radiant but I won't be claiming role/creep. . . so do what you guys want since. . .
    I DON'T CARE WHAT HAPPENS ANYMORE BUT I'M SAVING THIS QUOTE!!

19. Axiel

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh. . . no, if I was dark terminator, no way in hell would I target Lenaia. . .

20. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    1. @AliceShiki -
    2. @Chocol8 - Keeper of the Light, Killed, Night 2
    3. @Axiel - Francis
    4. @Arcturus - Batrider, Killed, Night 3
    5. @iampsyx -
    6. @Vyren - Radiant Creep, Killed, Night 3
    7. @alexfilia -
    8. @Sir Francis the Resolute -
    9. @icecoldsniper21 -
    10. @Rhyse - Radiant Creep, Obliterated, Night 3
    11. @Nurman - Geomancer
    12. @SmilePlease - Dire Creep, Eels, Day 3
    13. @Blitz -
    14. @Shield Loyalist - Shadow Priest, Obliterated, Night 2
    15. @Apex - Suicidal Panda, Suicide, Night 1
    16. @Zone Q11 -
    17. @Ema_non - AliceShiki
    18. @Action - Axiel
    19. @Ruyue - Radiant Creep, Zapped, Day 2
    20. @Naraku -
    21. @Exitiumm -
    22. @Osamaru - Grand Magus, Smiles, Night 2
    23. @Ddraig - Radiant Creep, Killed, Night 1
    24. @Das - Dire Creep, Lynched, Day 1
    25. @katokashi - Radiant Creep, Blaster, Night 3
    26. @Lenaia - Queen of Smiles, Killed, Night 2
    Francis - 1
    AliceShiki - 1
    Axiel - 1

=============
    Added @Action's vote for @Axiel.

I'm not voting atm because I didn't quite get her reasoning... So I'll wait for a while longer before deciding... As in, 20 minutes before I sleep.
    *pat pat pat*

Axiel likes this.