Why did you become the villain?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Seraphic

Seraphic Uncomfortably close

Reading List:
    Link
    I started out with good intentions, but ever harsher pressures and an ever increasing focus on "needs of the many" and "ends justify the means" caused me to approve of ever more terrifying atrocities in the name of increasing human efficiency and survivability. As I get used to despotic power, I grow out of touch with the human condition. I approve human experimentation and begin mass augmentations of humans genetically and with cybernetic/inorganic enhancements. Eventually, I seek to begin phasing out base humanity by making mass sterilization and/or augmentation mandatory, as those who won't join in are just a useless strain on resources. Doing so, the rest of humanity at last unites behind the hero, who fights their way to me and finds me nothing but a monstrous husk, having destroyed my sense of self long, long ago in the name of efficiency.

And then I'll make the hero take my survey.

2. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    simple

notice me senpai!

AliceShiki likes this.
  3. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Going in to character*
    When I once a child, I liked heroes, because they were stars brighter than most could ever be.
    When I grew older, I realized that I still liked heroes even when I myself could never be one.
    When I failed repetitively, I asked myself why do I waste my chances for temporary bliss?
    When I contemplated deeply, I asked myself why must I die like this? To rot slowly like a decrepit fool, only to become a waste of space, time, and effort.
    When I undergoing depression and derision from both myself and others, I... was at loss on what to do. On what should I... be doing.
    When I sought salvation, I realized salvation only comes for those worthy of it! I spent years understanding what kind of salvation I wanted!
    When I understood my own salvation, I had deeply regretted all my past failures and weakness to continue struggling for a better future!
    When I spent years within my hazy mind, I had found an answer to keep myself sane, working, alive, even if I was no longer to be called a human. I had found my salvation!
    When I found salvation, I quickly rose to power, and with the experiences and tragedies that followed in my rising. I became the greatest salvation mankind at present could ever had. I had become an evil that even lowly men of old could not compare!
    When I became evil, I summarized my whole life as a surreal dream and even though I was living, breathing, aching silently; I continued to pass through this dreadful reality as a dream, even though it was in fact, a nightmare, not only to me but to everyone else.
    When I was feared and awed, I saw the whole world wanted to destroy me in most ways one would consider inhumane. I found the very thought ironic. I asked myself, is this where my salvation truly ends? My whole being emanated a malice so murky yet deep, grudgingly like dark, rusted smell of blood: it screamed with endless passion, NO!
    When I continued to be evil, I found myself becoming a hero to few if not many, some worshiped me, loved me, were obsessed with me, and through this I realize that I was loved, even with all the ruins I had understandingly did to the world. I laughed heartily with madness and embraced those who wanted me, even if they were parodying themselves as my beloved friends, lovers, family, or allies.
    *Years skipped*
    I... no longer knew how much time had passed. Years, decades, centuries, millennia? Ha-ha! I don't even know who I was before or what I am now. All I knew everything living thing or existence that either pass or died by me called me many names that all surmise to one that I somehow deeply remembered all this time: villain. Yes, I had become a villain like no any other. I don't even know what I want to do anymore, except continuing on what I do best and that was being a villain in the universe. Soon, I would terrorize and ruin another universe, but before I could... I met salvation, yes, something I selfishly wanted to become and have for my own!
    I met a hero who look like a plain, normal person. Someone who couldn't be worth scrap, but the hero's eyes were looking at me, not with with hate or sorrow, but with clarity. Yes, I was surprised and mystified by the clear eyes of this hero. I wanted to savor this clarity, like when I was still a child, gazing at the stars on the night-sky with my family.
    I continued to fight the hero for who knows how long, as I wanted to prolong the fight and experience this ephemeral moment. Flashbacks worth an eternity were slowly showing itself to me as I fight passionate laughter. In the end, time and space continued to flow.
    I was dying and on my last breath, I brought myself up and slowly sat on my throne. Seated and close to death, I look at the hero who was also weakened but firm in strength and life. The clarity I saw was still there and it became even clearer than the stars I saw that night. Ha-ha... I had found it... my salvation. Ha... becoming the greatest evil to only be defeated by the greatest hero of mankind in the universe... was truly, without doubt, worth it! Ah... everything is turning dark, like a comfortable moment when I slept on my bed in the long forgotten past.
    Just before everything truly ended with my consciousness, I remembered why I wanted to become the ultimate villain, the greatest evil there ever lived in the universe! I wanted someone like me, who from they're lowliest or commonplace to reach the stars with all their heart and sweat! I wanted to let the universe know, mankind know, everyone can become like the brightest stars, only if they worked harder than others! I did, surely, I... myself had become a star that shined brightly only for a few moments...............

Novela likes this.
  4. Aria

Aria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because I'm not a good person and the world is too noisy. If I acquire the power to kill people and not face retribution, I would silence everything. Starting from my neighbour who didn't understand the concept of "apartment building", "acceptable volume" and "f***-ing ungodly hour" ^^ ♥

5. Capsize

Capsize Would you like to be isekai’d? ψ(`∇´)ψ

Reading List:
    Link
    Because I am bored and needed a hobby.

Before I became a villain:
    • Stole candy from a baby.
    • Switched bathroom signs.
    • Jaywalking.
    • Switched sugar with salt.
    • Setting up those who annoyed me on a blind date with old people.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  6. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the countries's emperors fears my power so they send a stupid jap chuuni hero to kill me
    if i have that kind of powers many rich and corrupt people will fear me !

7. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    Because I want to be last boss

8. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    My answer is probably close to this one.

I can't really see myself becoming a villain, I hate myself enough without doing immoral things, I just wouldn't do it.

So... The most likely scenario is that I was unjustly framed.
    Oh no, not at all! I'm an everyday person! Hero janai desu!

I don't have the willpower to be a hero.

9. wither

wither Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me, the story would probably go something like this:

I grew up in a semi-privileged family with no worries and problems, got a good education, and probably a good career.

Then one day I lost everything and got picked up by some really kind people in the slums. In the slums, I discover how miserable their lives are and how poorly everything is stacked against them, and I grow angry when I realize the system itself perpetuates their suffering.

This is what radicalizes me and twists my sense of morality, and all of a sudden my life goal becomes to take down the establishment and government. In the process, I use questionable methods like taking hostages, blackmail, and bombing because the odds are stacked against me.

My goal is make people realize the plight of those who suffer.

Right now, ordinary people turn a blind eye at the suffering they are allowing, and too many people are blind to their role perpetuating it.

Because of my questionable methods and disturbance of the peace, I get marked as a villain.

10. Clozdark

Clozdark "Kuma chan \(≧◡≦)/ "「airhead」「nonsense speaker]

Reading List:
    Link
    the same as this guy probably~
    x.JPG

11. aliasluna

aliasluna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I would be the villain, it would probably be because of selfish reasons. Maybe I needed to accomplish something and that needs me to become a powerfull villain...but who knows? I'll figure that out when im in the situation itself.

12. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Because I'm disgusted by everyone

13. PoisonApple

PoisonApple Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If somebody hurt me or the one I love in what I consider to be a unforgivable way.

Honestly, I feel the best villains are just the flip side of the coin, the villain who fights for their own justice and vengeance is way more chilling and intriguing than those who are seemingly bad for the sake of being bad. I mean a hero for one person can obviously be a dastardly villain for another. Its like wars. The victors write the stories. And the best stories involve more than more perspective.

14. Fluffinya

Fluffinya Flumya's dongsaeng | ARMY | mutated into a stag

Reading List:
    Link
    Because of my personality. I'm pretty evil when I'm bored/angry

15. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Because no one else could get their shit fucking done.

I really wouldn't mind becoming the big bad villain if it means other people get their shit together. I'm that kind of perfectionist.

16. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would a humble peasant have items a adventurer would want?

17. waG9

waG9 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you never played an RPG game did you?

what's needed to make a villain?
    A misunderstanding.

18. MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN

MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN Planet sized warrior Tony without wisdom teeth

Reading List:
    Link