Discussion I Am Looking for a Translation Poacher From Fuyukai TL

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by flowingcloud, Apr 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flowingcloud

flowingcloud Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This following rant is about the novel series:
    While Killing Slimes for 300 Years, I Became the MAX Level Unknowingly (aka MLW)
    Warning: This is just me being salty. I don't really care about your opinions, so don't expect me to positively respond to any comments in the thread. I am just releasing my salt mines.

Hello, if you are Rifu from Fuyukai TL, I would like to thank you from poaching my translation project. Although characters from Chinese novels are shameless and full of courage, it does not mean you should act like that in real life. I see that you have a private domain, are you trying to earn money off of this? Let me remind you that not even Qidian is this shameless. I am impressed with your shamelessness and I even admire you. As a fellow translator of the same novel, you should probably keep the names of the characters consistent. Since you are not giving me face by changing Leica's name to Laika, I will not hold back anymore. You should probably stop using machines to assist you with your "translations." Please go back to reading Chinese novels if you want to pursue the dao of shamelessness. Please remember we are Japanese translations, not Qidian. We have Yen Press and DMCAs.

Thankfully, righteousness is still on my side and NU mods has taken down the your release. Although there might be a phrase, "Rules are meant to be broken," this does not mean that they still won't take down your post. Let me post the rules just to refresh your memory.

[​IMG]
    "An active translator is a translator who has release at least two releases with the past 30 days." Unless you inverse black and white or the sun rises from the west, I don't see how you can deny that I haven't been posting chapters.

Since, NU has taken down your release from the series page of MLW, I will not burn down all the bridges between after crossing it. If you are interested in translating MLW with me, please stop being shameless and learn some proper manners. Even though many Chinese MCs are shameless and give no face, they do have proper respect and manner to their elders. Of course, if you refuse to change your conduct, I cannot do anything about it and I hope you become the next LNMTL for Japanese translations. I respect your shamelessness and courage, and I recommend you go back to reading Chinese novels instead of trying to steal projects from now on. I will leave my contact information at the bottom of this post, but like most Chinese MCs, they claim that all they want to do is just cultivate, but all they do it just create most salt for themselves. I hope that you do not follow their examples anymore. Thank you.

Contact
    Discord: flowingcloud#8888

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    GingerGuy, Gyoza, Fallion and 5 others like this.
  2. Deleted member 110464

Deleted member 110464 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm:hmm:
    Arrogant Young Master needs some spanking:blobhero::blobhero:

3. My Pen is Mightier Than Swords

My Pen is Mightier Than Swords ["Questioning the firmament"]

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn: please don't mind this kitty, this kitty is only here to inspect.:blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn:

4. Littledragonlady

Littledragonlady The last member of Ancient Tomb Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    As a Chinese, I am offended. I have a big big SENSE OF SHAME

Ars, Slayerwolfx2, Riff and 8 others like this.
  5. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    This is how you do it.

You seem to be an expert in the 'Dao of dealing with TL poachers'. :blobpopcorn::cookie::blobhero::blob_pompom::blobpopcorn_cool:

6. Wargod

Wargod Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bro you feel bad cause your work is taken but pls no racist comments. But seriously I didn't know that they were stolen they are shameless. And Qidan some works are still translated by the previous translators like Novelsaga, StarveCleric, etc. it seems. They only changed the site they hosted their translations.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    readerz, Rumby, alamptr and 2 others like this.
  7. dzymmer

dzymmer {LURKER}{Ghost}

Reading List:
    Link
    *Lurk-Mode*
    :blobninja::blobninja::blobninja:
    :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn:

8. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you need a spanking?:cookie:

9. raysha18

raysha18 [Blank]

Reading List:
    Link
    *clap clap*
    :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn:
    Waiting to see if tl poacher will reply. :blobpeek:

10. naghi32

naghi32 The Loner

Reading List:
    Link
    I`m only here for the kittens !

[​IMG]

11. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Adastria Lillith

Adastria Lillith [Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus]

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian is not this shameless? Doubt...

I don't know if it's racism or not. He just saying the poacher is like Chinese MCs, not Chinese. It's like saying someone is like Japanese MC, it doesn't mean that particular someone is like Japanese.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  13. Garret25

Garret25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Went here before reading ch 59

14. atran

atran Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey flowingcloud,

I worked with Rifu on translating the chapter of MLW on Fuyukai TL, and honestly we didn’t know that what we were doing was considered poaching. We saw this post on Yado Inn: https|://yado-inn.|com/2018/04/04/flowing-announcement/ (Had to break the URL since NU requires at least 5 posts to include a link. Just remove the two "|" and it should resolve. Here's another link with an image of the post in case the previous link doesn't work for some reason: https|://pshuu.|moe/1wn/Os6E4n.png). From that, we assumed you were ramping down on MLW and that it was up for grabs. Specifically the line:
    We were looking to start getting into the novel translation scene anyway and both of us enjoyed reading MLW, so we figured this would be perfect to work on.

So apologies for poaching MLW. We didn’t think it was actually considered poaching. We translated the chapter with the best of intentions and thought it was safe to pick it up. We just wanted to read more MLW, while at the same time start giving back to the community. We didn’t think it would stir up so much trouble.

If possible we would like to keep translating MLW if you actually intend to eventually drop it or put it on low priority. We were planning to make it one of our main projects and release at a relatively steady pace. We doubt anyone would complain about more chapters coming out. We can assure you that we have a good amount of study in Japanese and don’t machine translate (unless using an online dictionary/thesaurus is considered a machine translation). English is our native language and the overall quality should only improve as we get the hang of things.

Thanks for your time and we hope MLW will stay alive and well.

ATRAN
    Fuyukai TL

Ars, Westeller, Slayerwolfx2 and 4 others like this.
  15. flowingcloud

flowingcloud Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, atran. Nice to meet you. Even if you want to translate it and it's open for pickup, it is still common sense to contact the translator of the novel about it. Although formalities may not be your thing, there is a reason why we do it (I mean look at this situation currently orz). If you are new to translating, it is understandable that you did not know to contact me. We can still work things out. Please contact me on Discord for further discussion on translating MLW. I hope that we can still work together peacefully and understandably. I'm already over the salt.

16. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    That's just my personal opinion, but... If you want people to contact you in advance in case they want to pick the project up, I think you should say it explicitly... If I said one of my projects was up for grabbing, I'd be pretty happy if someone picked it up even without contacting me... Rather, I would expect them to not contact me.

Good manners are always nice, but when I say it's up for grabs... I just assume anyone will pick it up without contacting me.

I'm glad this seems to be solved though, but I personally think Atran is on the right in this case, glad to see you both seem to be reasonable people and this wasn't blown out of proportion! ^^)/

17. Littledragonlady

Littledragonlady The last member of Ancient Tomb Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait,
    I am not over this salt
    In fact, I am starting to feel sour

@AliceShiki
    Totally agree with you... first, second, and third paragraph

18. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    here
    :blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt:

now
    CG2_SD04a.jpg

19. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    What if the op is a chinese??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.