LCD Throne of Magical Arcana

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by DeathStroke96, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Lokumi

Lokumi 『The second greatest trash of society』

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't forget that sorcerer are relatively rare in this region, even knight are uncommon, so if the guy is able to hide well, and don't piss powerful people he could be ok

2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You see, this is the point when you decide that Leo isn't worth the hassle and go find someone else. Getting involved in his problems, whatever they are, will just add needless complications, jeopardizing both life and mission. It's almost certainly not worth it if you neglect plot armor.

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't remember if the translator is active here but, “messing up with me” should be “messing with me”

Honestly, Leo's inability to control himself would make hiring him a worse idea, not a better one. Worth saving sure, but not worth hiring.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would the duke have allowed such important objects to leave the family? The only possible use for them for an outsider is fraud. Fraud that would likely damage the family's reputation and power and might well lead to its downfall. They're the sort of thing you hunt a person down for having, and kill them afterward in a manner that sends a clear message that you don't tolerate such things.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Such a boring villain.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why he didn't kill the father when he killed the son. It's blindingly obvious that kill his son would make him angry, and the method he used to kill him makes it abundantly clear who it was that killed the guy.

I wonder if that necklace is actually useful to him. It only protects against low level spells after all. I'd think that he'd already be immune to them.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how many people will die because of the sudden power imbalance. Also wondering how a gate guard in an unrelated district found out about the suzerain's dead son before the suzerain did.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Sergey sounds like a conartist. But since Lucien has already noticed that, I have to wonder why he's important enough to be mentioned. Will he figure out that Lucien is a fake and try to blackmail him or something?

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if she'll have to pay Niake's partner extra now...

10. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    I just caught up with the chapters.
    Yeah, really. When the author mentions the dozens of spells of various ranks Lucien has memorized since getting to the Congress, I figured he'd hold his collection of limit use magic items as emergency back up or for special circumstances. But no. In his first cooperative combat situation, other than his own Fireball, he's using mostly items! :blobfearful: Limited use items!

While at the end of this episode, he does realize that his repertoire of skills is unbalanced, why hadn't he thought of this long ago? He's been in several fights before, desperately disadvantaged solo fights. I can't believe a smart and calculating guy like him didn't reflect on what type of skills he needed for future battles. Was he just picking up all of the skills as listed in a manual? And most of them were useless in a fight? :hmm: :blobconfused:

11. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch-264:
    Lucien gives Warren's (mental defense) Unicorn Necklace to Leo. Yet he doesn't give Jacob's (lightning attack) Punishment ring to him and sells it instead. Why? :blobReach: I can understand not reusing the distinctive sword and amour, but even if he was concerned about someone recognizing the ring, Leo doesn't need to equip it immediately.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a feeling that Ivan had something to do with the Count's current troubles. I'm also thinking that there's a good chance that Lucien will wind up curing him of whatever it is that's really wrong with him.
    Perhaps he's more limited in terms of his strategic thinking that he believes he is. It's also possible that his fast ascension limited his opportunities to really think about this issue since he was so focused on building up his reputation and connections so that he could limit the instances where he'd need personal power and could focus on his studies.

Maybe he valued the money more than Leo's life. After all, he only gave him the necklace so that he couldn't be forced to betray Lucien, not because he actually cared if anything happened to him personally.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope his mission isn't terribly time sensitive. I have a feeling it's going to be a while before he gets around to it ;)

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "How did the count know Peter?" He didn't? Is this a typo or something?

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It looks like the easiest way to deal with this situation will be to make Carleena and Ivanovski each think that the other has tried to assassinate them.

Ah, so they're cultists. I wonder what they worship? A vampire maybe?

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what possible reason they could have for not turning Lucien into the church as a sorcerer. It's definitely the most efficient way to kill him.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems like a really bad idea to take the boots when he has no way of checking them for tracking markers/spells. Also, wouldn't they still have the previous owner's feet in them? They're boots after all, not sandals.

It'll probably turn out to have been a super useful and wholly positive thing to have done though.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I figured the cardinal was in on it. I'm just curious if they also control the king, or whoever the king will have make the actual inheritance decision, and why they even care about this inheritance.

Also wondering about Leo. Hopefully, he wasn't caught in that toxic gas cloud Lucien left behind.

Also curious what he plans to do going forward now that the church and the cultists are almost certainly hunting him.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought he was waiting for Leo when Ivanovski showed up? If they agreed to meet a week later, then why didn't he enter the shadow world immediately after finding the gate?

I'm not sure that knowing about the cardinal really helps him. Even if he figures out the guy's identity, he doesn't really have a way of turning him into the church.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if Leo will try to enter Lucien's service permanently as thanks for avenging his family.