Twist and other things you want to see in a novel that normally never of almost never happen

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by MarxDarkBear, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarxDarkBear

MarxDarkBear The Great Man

Reading List:
    Link
    So I created this thread for numerous reasons;, annoyed with the generic story lines all these novels are following where the novel is just a copy of another novel with just different names, because I don't have anything to read, cause I'm am annoyed with all these hypocrit MC's, and biggest reason of all... Because I'm bored.

Anyway so lets jump into the thread. You guys know the usual drill in harem novels where the MC has a big enough heart to love 8-20 women at the same time which makes you wonder as to how such a big heart can even fit in his whole body. Well just like all of the largerts, longest and biggest things in the universe everything starts with a begin. Just like how apple started of in a garage, how the oldest man used to be a baby and how the human population used to only live in one place before spreading over the entire world, starts a harem with 8-20 women with 1 girl.

Like how normally a harem goes is that the MC falls in love with this one girl and most times the girl loves him back and like how a harem normally goes The MC can't keep it in his pants and sleeps with 2nd girl. And just like how normally a damn harem novel goes the girl wil not be mad or sometimes will be mad but will quickly forgive him, and still be with the guy aslong as the guy has some place for her in his heart (oh if only she knew what she was getting into and how big the mc heart could actually be) and decides to start sharing the guy with his other women.

So here is the twist comes to play that I really wish to see. Because this situation of a fuckboy MC endless amount of women and all his women accepting each other with open heart, endlessly fustrated me I couldn't help but imagine and wished that instead of the woman just taking this and start sharing the mc aslong as she is just one of his women that you as a reader eventually don't care about and forget, how it would be amazing the woman actually got really fucking angry or immensely dissapointed that she just actually becomes mad at the MC and breaks up with him or divorce him, because the guy is just like all the other arrogant young masters he is trying so hard to fight against. She might stay friends with him or just an accquintance,but won't have any other relationship with the MC for the rest of the novel.

Now I know that this doesn't count as a twist, but because it is so generic in novels for the guy to just cheat or to go to a other country, state just to eventually comeback with several otehr wifes and maybe even children just for the woman to accept them with open arms, so Imma call it a twist because a situation otherwise doesn't happen in novels or not ones i know of. Like for example in the novel world defying dan god he has a girl that he loves just for eventually for him to have an affair with her teacher behind her back. Eventhough I dropped the novel before you I got to the part where she finds out, I already know how things will go.

Oh, how i wished to see this stuff in novels like very pure and ambigous, my wife is a beautifull ceo, world defying dan god, martial god asura and any other novel where the mc is nothing more than just a fuckboy.

So anyway, after this long rant I am asking you the readers what twist you will like to see in novels (it doesn't necesarrily needs to be a twist, but becaues it never or hardly ever happens in novels it will count as a twist) and in whcih specific novels you would want to see them.

2. Digix

Digix Owl-sama Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    Oi, can ye summarize in a few points? possibly some sort of short descriptive paragraph that covers all ye jargon

Riff, Ignus, Rickymex and 2 others like this.
  3. BloodAdept

BloodAdept Blood Sacrifice Practitioner

Reading List:
    Link
    I want the MC to unexpectedly be the calamity that was foretold of millenia ago.

anon likes this.
  4. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are asking a lot from wish fulfillment novels.

5. raikun1209

raikun1209 Wandering Prinny

Reading List:
    Link
    MC dies then the novel ends.

6. MarxDarkBear

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not it. I just want to see something different for a change. Like I said, I am just tired of the generic story lines these novels are following. They all look the same in my eyes. For chinese novels, it is the same arrogant young masters, same mc is trash from xoxo clan that receives an op cheat. Same ice cold or jade like beauties. Same plot armour, same with MC being the luckiest motherfker alive yet still complain as to how all these arrogant young masters have a golden spoon in their mouth. Same fighting techniques, same weapons used. Even they way they are offending these young masters is the same fkng way.I can list alot of Same stuff in Jp novels and korean novels. I am just tired and want to see something new or different for a change.

When i created this thread I knew people will see this a rant on harem novels. It isn't, eventhough i don't like harem novels it is not at the point where I absolutely hate them. I will still read harem novels of the other genres or the discription interest me. I just want to see something different because at this point I can easily predict what will happen after I start a new novel, because I have seen thousands of the same thing in just different novels. So the reason I asked for a twist you or things that normally doesn't happen you wished to see.

7. MarxDarkBear

Reading List:
    Link
    Was expecting an answer like this.

8. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is bullshit, if the MC dies he just comes back to life, no MC can truly die unless the Author wants him to die at the end or as a necessary death.

9. MarxDarkBear

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure no problem.

So what I am asking for in this thread is that you just wish to see stuff like twist that normally doesn't happen in novels. Could be anything aslong as it is not common in novels. Like for the example I gave, where I wish to see a harem novel where the first girl cuts off all relationship with the man because he had an affair, instead of the usual ''I don't mind sharing you with other women aslong as I have a place in your heart''.

10. Desydesu

Desydesu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After gaining a bunch of harem member, MC turn out being gay.

Sorry, I can't help it :blobowoevil_horns:

11. Gyoza

Gyoza Turn Up the Eurobeat

Reading List:
    Link
    I want a story where the first half is the sweetest, fluffiest romance in existence. Then at the halfway point, some villain murders the love of MC's life. Then for the rest of the book, the MC goes mad from the loss and goes on a bloodthirsty rampage. I want him to hurt so bad that he turns on the world.

12. Rickymex

Rickymex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That sounds more like the female is the main character. Plus then it wouldn't be a harem in the first place if the harem didn't work out. It would be romance with cheating and multiple relationships. Honestly if you don't want harem plot then don't read harem.

That's Katanagatari

13 episodes each an hour long.

Sorry for triple post but there's a fan manga like this on Reddit.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2018
    Fuyuneko, Desydesu and Gyoza like this.
  13. Gyoza

Gyoza Turn Up the Eurobeat

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wow thanks! I'll definitely check it out.

14. Ignus

Ignus Philosopher of Flames

Reading List:
    Link
    Why not also go the other route too.
    That not all women are sugar and spice and everything nice. Both Men and Woman have good and bad people:
    The below is an example of a bad women in the Harem.

The woman only date/stay in the harem cause he has money and power. They use him, and he realizes this too late...
    Jealousy: So like when he stops paying attention to one, she acts out and causes trouble to come to his doorstep.
    They try and test/manipulate/change the MC at every turn like a real life woman. MC realizes just one woman is hard to keep happy, and how much of an idiot he is for trying to keep more than one. Harem falls apart with lots of drama
    Rather than every woman being a jade like beauty, the MC realizes that woman, and their constant need for attention, would be the bane of his growth as a cultivator, so he shuns all woman.

MarxDarkBear likes this.
  15. MarxDarkBear

Reading List:
    Link
    Not gonna lie, that does sound like an interesting twist.

pinkrainmi and Desydesu like this.
  16. Ebonitacocat

Ebonitacocat Waffles

Reading List:
    Link
    I want a story where the mc has a harem but then is presumed dead and they all (the harem) move on with their lives. So when the mc comes back most have families/ are married/ dead and the only one who cares about him is poly aka has her own harem. The mc of course tries to lay down some stupid ultimatum or something and the girl takes none of his bullshit and forces him to realize his hipocricy or get out

pinkrainmi likes this.
  17. Grassroot

Grassroot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello sir
    Chinese Novel
    That mean the author is Chinese
    And in Chinese history lots of emperor die because of sex
    There are even emperor with 3.000 concubines
    And some of the concubines are still Virgin even till the emperor die
    So basically Harem is the dream of Chinese people, even one of the most famous Prophet in earth have Harem, with some loli, so Harem is just basic instinct
    LoL just some random opinion from me

18. I like bishounens

I like bishounens Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, you know those "reincarnated in an otome game"? Most of them just leave aside the backstory of the mc before reincarnation. Like, mc gets reincarnated and only uses the memories from the game and maybe some knowledge from the modern world, but I'd like to see something that shows mc being tormented by the memories of the past life, missing people or their pc. Missing not being able to play more otome games. Oh, and it would be nice if such regret had to do with the explanation of them being reincarnated. Or if there was at least some explanation.
    Plus, I always wish to be able to see the reactions of other characters about them being reincarnated... But I can count in my fingers novels where it happened.

19. MarxDarkBear

Reading List:
    Link
    No male is still main character. And it is kinda hard to not read harem novels when like 60% of the novels on this site is harem novels. I generally like xianxia/xuanhuan novels and there are not many of these novels without harem. And like I already said eventhough i don't like harem novels, I will still read and enjoy the novel if the other genres or the description catches my interest.

And no the male is still the main character, he can fight against hist enemies, get powerups, get rich, start a business, bla bla bla, but he just loses the woman he loves because he can't keep it in his pants. And I never said it needed to even be a harem story. It can start of as such but because the loses the main girl his arrogance gets knocked down a lot and eventually just end up with just one girl.
    The reason why I want to see this twist is because I am annoyed when the main character keeps saying as to how much he loves the woman just to eventually cheat on her.

20. MarxDarkBear

Reading List:
    Link
    Again this is not a rant on harem novels. Just something I would wish to see different for a change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.