LCD Royal Roader on My Own

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Anon2.0, Oct 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link

There probably isn't a stamina potion in the game...

Which makes it even MORE idiotic that the MC didn't boost stamina before the first trial!!! Really?! Really?! You're about to face thousands of monsters in the first trial, you KNOW stamina is the most important thing, because if the sword stops, the MC is DEAD, and the MC puts zero points in stamina!

Kang Hwi Ram is Korean for moron.

The most baffling thing about this novel is why I love it so much despite some major stupidity...

However, having a MC who plans more throughly and logically might make this boring...we do enjoy how the MC deals with incomplete planning. Which, I have to admit, is more realistic...young MC will make mistakes.:p

If you want to read about a smarter MC, who plans way better, and more carefully, read One Man Army. :p:p

2. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    I just realized. Kang Hwi Ram is a FRICKING GENIUS!

Chapter 8, he mentions if he had 1000 strength in Royal Roader, he would have twice the strength of his character in real life. He has 1400 agility! He has 2.4 (correct my math, I've had a beer) times the agility of a normal human!

If he had .1 second reaction time, he should be able to hit .5 - .7 reaction time. He can take away an assassin's gun if close enough, literally moving below his threshold of reflexes.

This was why he got suspiciously super at golf!

Ideally, his increase in strength was to compensate his agility.

It would be cool if the author has thought this. :p

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  3. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    A nice filler before a new arc, I think. No golf.

A nice touch of the best thing about this novel...MC willing to risk life and limb on his theories. Cold, logical decisions.

I wonder what the stats are in the new leather armor. :p ;)

4. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    And here I thought the golf chapters were annoying...now we got dwarves acting like old Korean uncles...:p

5. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont think there will be much impact on his team, our MC is also a blacksmith. i am sure this is one of the author where he make MC excel in all classes.

6. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Which is annoying...people don't get multiple classes...unless they give up expendables like sleeping, significant others, etc. :p

7. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    No more golf. At least for now...

8. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link

I may get slapped with small dead fishes on my face, but here we go...

I rather like the golf chapters.:p

oblueknighto likes this.
  9. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    They're not bad or anything. They're just not what I read the novel for.

10. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed. But I'm getting enjoyment from imagining Tiger Woods getting skunked by over 20 under par better than him...:p

Besides, it's consistent with the premise that Kang Hwi is trying to become a dominant form in both game and real life.;)

oblueknighto likes this.
  11. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked the concept of Kang Hwi being a sad boi playing a game all on his own better. Even if he did get rich and stuff it was just about a lonely playing the game all alone. Sad solo life.
    Now he's got rivals and people conspiring against him even outside the game...he's become popular with the evil overlords and the young masters. Where's my lonely boi gone?

Teehee that image with Tiger Woods does get me giddy.

userunfriendly likes this.
  12. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Then, after the game ends...

AFTERSTORY:

Due to his immense agility and other stat bonus from the game, (see my post about how Kang Hwi is a genius), Kang Hwi Ram, while a pro golfer, enters Olympics...

Reporter: The crowd is going out of their mind, Kang Hwi Ram, as you've just ran the 100 meters in 9.1 seconds! The Korean fans, YOUR fans, are...rioting! You've just smashed every record in the Decathlon...

MC: Sorry, got to run! 100 meter butterfly!

Reporter: Oh my god. As you all know, Korean Super Athlete Kang Hwi Ram shocked the world when he signed up for Decathelon and six other events! I don't know who was more amazed, the world or Olympics committee, as he not only won, but utterly smash world records...there he goes, running out of the stadium, chased by his fanatical fans from Korea, and sponsors...he steadfastly continues to his outspoken decision to talk to no sponsors during the duration of the Olympic Games thus adhering to the spirit and rules for amateur status...but I think dodging his fans are the hardest test for Kang Hwi Ram.

There goes the security in these Olympic Games, as his female fans are still ripping off their shirts in case he's looking their way. It would be terribly wrong to penalize Kang Hwi Ram as he has absolutely no control over them after his first swim event. Oh dear...the butterfly? I only hope they've got the riot police in full gear. Let's go guys...:p

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    oblueknighto likes this.
  13. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol. That epilogue sounds more fitting in a Chinese novel.

14. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Hang Hwi Ram finishes KPGA and taking his Golden Dragon hat and tosses it to jubilant fans after a record smashing win.

Reporter: Kang-nim, you tossed your hat...

Kang Hwi Ram: That's right, I've completed my sponsorship contract with Golden dragon. Truth to be told, I only took the sponsorship in pity for a classmate. I kept beating him too badly at golf.

Hwang Joon Yul: Motherf@cker!

I will be happy if the author thought of this. :p

15. Tiken

Tiken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What can I say, after reading this a bit the golf chapters were actually better :eek:

16. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link

Your S side is showing... :p

Yep, I am enjoying the thoughts of the MC screwing over the Golden Dragon Group...but I guess I have an S side too...

:p

17. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    So far, dwarves have been a$$holes.

I wonder how the elves are...they're probably that super magical race...:p

Now he can cause Pantsu wetting fear just by shouting...it would be cool if can use in real life...

18. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Somewhat of a filler, again...but next chappie we get to see what's happening with Umbach...he probably dreams of jewel alchemy?

Um...Miracle, is there anyplace where I can read the raws? I love this series, and I'd like to find out the ending...thanks!

19. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    You can always tell when the author plans a reveal...like obviously not mentioning the details of the conversation with Umbach. I'd guess the MC gave a bunch of cheap jewels to Umbach to practice with...

Hopefully we'll see the end of the jewel alchemy arc with the gaining of a guardian spirit...tired of the dwarves and their wriggling butts...(the author likes to say that when NPCs get excited their butts are wriggling...lol!) :p

I actually miss golf..by now in the real world he's touring for the KPGA or PGA...:p

20. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I lost track a long time ago, who the fuck is Baltana? Also, I thought the one who sent assassins is the idiot mine supervisor who got greedy? After the chaos battle was MC hunted?