LCD Evolution Theory of the Hunter

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, May 19, 2016.

1. lightnovelcafe

lightnovelcafe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL :) i thought people liked fast updates

2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't understand exactly what the Redemption Necklace does. Its description seems to say that it can duplicate the power of another item so long as that item is nearby, but the characters seem to think that it allows them to copy some aspect of another person's skill so long as they're in range.

Does he actually need to hold the staff to use it, or can he just strap it to his back?

No such thing, unless the quality drops or the translator's health or life are negatively affected. Besides, its still not as crazy as when Ren was doing CD three times a day while working a full time job. Honestly don't know how he managed to keep it up as long as he did.

3. lightnovelcafe

lightnovelcafe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :( i have a full time job too

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, then you are as crazy as Ren ;)

lightnovelcafe likes this.
  5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't the Athena bow have an option that prevents it from hurting humans? Wouldn't that be practically useless in the current circumstances?

Also, can't they just buy the ore if its cheaper that way? No need to take the risk of destroying the level 3 dungeons. Though I'm not sure why it would require a level 3 ore. I thought it was a level 2 bow?

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how many team members are absolutely certain that he's already sleeping (in the figurative sense) with one or both of the girls ;)

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    In his hands, that's basically a growing weapon. He should see if he can get armor with a similar dependency on its user's attributes. Also, I think Sooah could have made great use of his old sword. Though I'm not sure how he would have afforded his new hammer then.

I hope he hung onto the Bloody Sword. Even if its under-leveled, its ability is simply too useful in tough fights centered on endurance. Honestly, its to the point that I think he should have ten of them just so he can speed the process up a bit or spread the love around when he needs to. Or, at the very least, he should feed one to the dog. That and something that enhances piercing, so that the dog can bite through the monsters' armor more reliably.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Felt a bit sorry for Manager Kim during that conversation ;)

Manager Kim's new ring wasn't in his equipment list.

Does the dog collar count skills as an item or something? If so, then why can't it copy his entire skill rather than just a part of it?

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how long it'll be till someone tries to charge a toll to cross that bridge ;)

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    @lightnovelcafe did you stop posting chapters here or are you taking a break from daily releases?

Edit: Nevermind. Just saw your note on the last chapter.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  11. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Too lazy to read it all, but has anyone mentioned how stupid the premise is? These hunters are just weak humans with a bit strong items, what's a 200% reflex sword gonna due versus a gun? Only lv4 hunters could be something with armor, but unless they are fast and with enhanced reflexes, how are they gonna stop a bullet to the head where there is no armor?

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    +200% reflex lets them dodge the bullet, or block it with their weapon/shield/armor. Since bullets seem to be weaker than level 1 items, there's no reason to think that the hunter would be in any danger unless they made a mistake defending themselves, were outnumbered or were taken by surprise by a sniper or something. Also, not all level 4 armors have obvious weaknesses for people to shoot at and the non-weak parts have various skills attached to them like damage reflection. Killing a hunter isn't as easy as you seem to think it is. At least, not once they've gotten a bit of experience and some half way decent equipment.

Not to mention the fact that anyone with a level 4 armor or a +200% reflex sword is likely quite rich, and therefore, probably well connected. Killing them is likely to cause a lot of problems if anyone finds out you did it. And since you're probably talking about the police doing it, that would be a career ending decision if you were lucky. Life ending if you weren't.

13. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    hahah some people have 200% reflexes of others, can they dodge bullets? you would probably need like 700% reflexes and speed to dodge the slowest bullets ofc that is counting there is magically no air resistance

14. nekosama9x

nekosama9x Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    do you think there is any dungeon in our world??? just deal with it ==. All gun make by human are bullshit and cant even harm a fly. deal with it

15. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    I am dealing with it by ranting here :p

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't have to dodge the bullet after its been fired. You just have to dodge it as it's being fired. Also, its assumed that anyone without a death wish that becomes a hunter has fairly good reactions. Unless they're super rich. And if they're super rich, then killing them is a bad idea if you can't be absolutely certain of getting away with it. Also, speed is treated as being connected to reflexes as far as stats are concerned. At least, as far as I can tell anyway.

That aside, if you can't suspend your disbelief, then just read something else. I seriously doubt its going to get more believable after all.

17. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    yes the speed stat is mysteriously gone for quite a while, so if you can dodge by moving away from the direction of the barrel, what about the machine gun :p

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    What makes you think that anyone outside the military will have access to a machine gun in Asia? They have very very strict gun control laws.

19. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    what makes you think that if these hunters existed they would be so free and acting like gangsters in broad daylight

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    When have they ever done that? The low ranking ones without status I mean. The ones with status would act that way even if they weren't hunters. They'd just use bodyguards, money and political power instead.