Question The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by crazykat, Jun 3, 2018.

1. crazykat

crazykat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw alot of 5* rating and positive reviews for this novel. So i decided to read it but after I got to around ch 10 i couldnt find anything interesting or profound to get me hooked on the novel. Does the story get better? or does it stay the same? Since the novel only has around 100 chapters i thought this might be a good point to decide if i want to continue or stop reading.

Some help would be really great thanks :)

2. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems purely a cultuvation based novel and the romance is pretty much nonexistent except for some rare chapters up to those translated.
    If pure cultivation stories with extremely confusing and hard to memories names even for a Chinese interest you, feel free to read.

But if you want to read romance, maybe stuff by iambananaTL and dummytranslations(and others) will interest you

If you want hardcore yaoi...

I suggest you read some doujinshi. Great art. :blobwink::cookie:

Chiiiiiiiii likes this.
  3. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @alexfilia probably knows more about me. Founder of Diabolism imo has depth. It's not something that you read just to pass the time. It's something you read and immerse yourself in all its elements be it plot, characterization or even the world it takes place.

This is one of the great epic in the history of Danmei. If you feel like losing your interest, just see the fanarts littering the whole internet about it and let the bunnies ignite your passion.

findmyway, Nyann, Sauling and 3 others like this.
  4. crazykat

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont like romance or Yaoi, i just wanted to read it for the plot, cultivation and some actions/drama.

5. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh. Then you're reading the wrong novel. This is definitely a yaoi ending.

Sauling and Amaruna Myu like this.
  6. crazykat

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the clarification. I will just drop the novel now then.

7. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    :sweating_profusely: yeah, check the novel's genre and tags first next time or you'll get surprises.

8. crazykat

Reading List:
    Link
    I did actually read the genre and tags. Someone in the review said that its a must read, even if you dont like yaoi. So i decided to give it a shot.

9. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you tried ISSTH before? You know how the first few or close to hundreds chapters, the story was so boring until a turning point that it suddenly picks up and made you realized "There's something about this novel, F5F5F5F5"? That's how FOD is.

Chiiiiiiiii likes this.
  10. crazykat

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, that makes sense. But it being a Yaoi just killed it for me.. i thought that tag was just there for how the MC acts.

11. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, nope. It's real yaoi stuff.

Nyann and crazykat like this.
  12. Chiiiiiiiii

Chiiiiiiiii >Daoist Thirteen Bears< >Hero Astral Saber<

Reading List:
    Link
    Things start to pick up.
    This novel don't straight out tell you the past in just one go nor about the people.
    Like, why was such a easy going guy become* such great demon to the point of everyone abandoning him and ganging up to kill him? His soul scattered (in pieces) and people kept trying to call him (his spirit) but weren't able to...... but how was a crazy cut sleeve able to summon him? Why did he kill his loved ones? Why and how a genius cultivator went to demon path?
    Many conspiracies going around and the mc getting in that mess..... but this time...... well, be aware that it IS yaoi, not the one that keeps slapping dog food at your face but show signs from time to time that there's some romance (it seems like they are the only bl couple of the novel?).... but rather light(?).

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    LaDyViL and crazykat like this.
  13. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually the BL stuff are very little in comparison and since the story is soooo good you can choose to ignore them (it's BL only in the very last chapter)

Rika_st likes this.
  14. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah it's already BL earlier on than the very last chapter. There are already moments and scenes to show this.. if people don't like yaoi than its probably a good idea to not encourage them to get into it. One reason I love the MDZS fandom right now is because it's not toxic where people bash or hate on the romance etc.

IMO, if you're homophobic, then you shouldn't read this novel, but on my end I really love this novel, not just for the slow build romance but for the characters and plot as well.

Nyann likes this.