LCD The Desolate Era

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by JJ, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you may have misunderstood what I wrote. No one in the preceding pages (at least those who know what they're talking about, including myself), claimed that DE had anything to do with another novel right now. Rather, the suggestion (and a very viable one in my eyes I might add) was raised that the way that DE ended with an open-ended power level allows for a future novel to basically retcon DE into being part of the same multiverse/cosmos/whatever-you-want-to-call-it of another novel.

Now is this necessarily right? No, we don't know IET. But there are definite shadings of there being a greater power level, which hypothetically could be used to link DE to a future novel.

Viola likes this.
  2. kinunatzs

kinunatzs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here

""The horned bull was in a state of utter agony. “Once that growing universe became truly complete, it could become one with the Worldsetter Stele. When that happened, I would have a chance of ascending to…”""

He kinda indicated that theirs still a higher universe or cultivation realm though I'm more incline to a cultivation realm though

Arcturus and Viola like this.
  3. Chrish

Chrish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am inclined to believe it's neither.. IMO there are two possibilities: As I mentioned earlier, either he would have become the LoC of new Super Universe which would have been more powerful than any other Chaosverse or he could have become the LoC of all Chaoseverses since all of them have come from the mainland so if the bull can control new universe, he might automatically be able to control everything else.

Either way, none of this is "cultivation level". The last true cultivation level in the novel is OA IMO.

On a side note, I would love for IET to write another novel set in DE universe. There are still 7 other universes and/ or old universe left to explore.

What is eyeryone's theory regarding Worldsetter Stele? If it was black emperor's, then how did bull get his hand on it? And what's so special about it that entire void was wiped out but the tablet still survived? Wish IET had gone deeper into this.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2018
  4. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While reading through DE, I came across this sentence that made me chuckle.
    Book 4 Chapter 5:
    “Fiendgods are not the same as we humans.” The old black bull said.

:blobjoy:

StaticHD and Viola like this.
  5. fukayuu69

fukayuu69 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember when this novel only had 18 chapters and i eat watermelons was translating it. Its been a good ride. I wish we side characters got more lines there in the end, but overall I'm just happy to see ning find peace.

Viola likes this.
  6. HappyHavak

HappyHavak The Laughing Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh, I'm just happy that SOMEBODY finally gave hou-yi/chang'e a happy ending lol

Blitz, fukayuu69 and Viola like this.
  7. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    2nd that!

:blobfistbumpL:

8. StaticHD

StaticHD Supreme Novel Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    Desolate....I feel that the author should have found a way for Ji Ning to use that "Desolate" term more often. Instead of only using it to introduce himself to another ChaosLord.

I really feel that the only flaw is the author didn't try to continue the advancement of Mu Northson's character after the Three Realms War arc. I just feel that it was a missed opportunity when it came to a desperate genius using the Dao of Constructs to create a duplicate Dao Companion.

Ji Ning's Female Cousin...the one that had a Celestial Grandfather...we never got updates on that, especially after Ji Ning revived his parents.

Anyways, in my opinion, this is the author's best work. I tried reading his other novels, but this one had the biggest impact on me. There was no mediocre chapter. The plot was always driven forward with content and purpose. This novel will be a huge reference point for me when I create my own web-novel in the near future.

9. Clyne

Clyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is the third IET novel that i read until the end (after coiling dragon and stellar transformation)

You need to start reading lord xue ying, better than Desolate Era. And the romance is not as bad as Desolate Era, because until the latest translation, the wife still alive .... that is the biggest improvement for IET novel.

10. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's probably because it was the cousin's wife who died, rather than the MC, lmao.

Fair point. I suggest you do the same, since others can see it from you quoting me.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2018
  11. JuanPinoy

JuanPinoy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was emotional during his wandering after failing his daomerge.

12. Moonxious

Moonxious 「We of the Moon Race greets you all.」『Lurker』

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is this Ji Ning's female cousin? I have no idea(it seems that I forgot about her.. insignificant character... lol)

13. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    The princess from the xia clan, forgot her name since she’s so insignificant later on

14. deedlitt

deedlitt Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope this series is eventually released in book form on amazon it's one of the few lite novels that I would like to keep a copy of

RiseinqDraqon likes this.
  15. RiseinqDraqon

RiseinqDraqon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But like think of how many books that would be even if you combined some of them.

16. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Webnovels are almost all like that since they have wordcounts that are sometimes many times greater than even a large normal novel.

No reason to not capitalize on the market though.

17. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah man...this wouldnt survive the market. Anything with filler wont survive in the real book market.

jackateonetoo likes this.
  18. StaticHD

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you give us an example?

19. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    About my statement regarding filler not working out? I dont have any factual/definitive evidence, but my experience as a reader. Thats it.
    If i am gonna buy a book, every page of it better be worth it. Plus, the CN cultivation genre is already niche enough.

20. StaticHD

Reading List:
    Link
    So your "factual statement" is nothing more than just "an opinion."

Also, it seems that the meaning of the term, "filler," has dramatically changed especially when it was first associated with anime & manga.