Spoiler The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Apr 19, 2017.

?

Will it get better

1. Yes

93.9%
  2. No

6.1%
  1. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    If I'm not wrong, I think that's because of his Dad, as it was his Dad's ambition to unite both the human and demon worlds together, and LBH is one of the key to doing it, as he's the child of demon-dad and human-mom. So, it's kinda a slap in the face for demon-dad, by destroying his ambition. :hmm:

readerz and Acsis like this.
  2. Acsis

Acsis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh... I see:hmm::hmm: So, it wasn't because anything happened to SQQ???:hmm::hmm::hmm:

readerz likes this.
  3. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think so... Perhaps @scriptor can explain further?

readerz likes this.
  4. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The climax of the novel goes like this:
    LBH's dad (TLJ) and his cousin (ZZL, snake guy) took LBH's demonic Heart Demon Sword, because TLJ plans to merge the demon and human worlds. The merge would cause untold devastation including the destruction of the Cang Qiong mountain sect, so the cultivation world unites to stop TLJ and ZZL by taking the demonic sword from them. LBH of course sides with his Shizun (including some hilarious moments where he says stuff like "I'm only here for 1 person" in public LOL).

The party finds TLJ and ZZK in a cave on a demonic mountain. There is a hilariously anticlimactic battle where LBH beats the shit out of TLJ and ZZL (they were already weakened because they can't handle the demonic energies of the Heart Demon Sword).

Then the very climax of the novel is LBH getting overwhelmed by his demonic sword and going Full Yandere Mode. He reveals that he's extremely insecure and torn-up about never being anyone's "first choice," particularly SQQ's. (There were quite a few moments earlier in the story where SQQ wanted to return to the Cang Qiong mountain sect and appeared to want to leave LBH behind.)
    The insane LBH wants to complete the merging of the demon and human worlds, so everything else SQQ loves will be destroyed and Shizun won't have any choice except to stay with him.
    YQY of course is like "WTF" and completely unsheathes his life-burning sword to fight him. During the fight, the cave they're in collapses.

SQQ starts helping everyone else out of the rubble, all while desperately looking for LBH. Finally, he realizes LBH was following him the whole time.
    SQQ tries to summon the Guanyin to calm him down. However, it takes way too long for the troll System to load it. He ends up buying the System's "Big Scene Promoter" instead (hmm I wonder what that name means??)
    ...After some really painful sex with a berserk virgin LBH, LBH calms down and the two of them reconcile.

5. Acsis

Acsis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh... I understand now:LOL::LOL::LOL:. Thanks:aww::aww:. But the "Big Scene Promoter" is actually what?:hmm::hmm::hmm:

6. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s exactly what you think it is... the System going "Insert Sex Scene Here!" LOL

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  7. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, what it does directly is cause a massive sinkhole lol. This leads to LBH trying to protect SQQ as they're falling -- LBH ends up on top of SQQ, LBH was knocked on the head while protecting and bleeds a bit, SQQ tries to comfort him, LBH goes yandere as his qi deviation/heart demon acts up again, then cue SQQ sacrificing his chrysanthemum to get LBH to calm down. LOL (proof that in a stallion novel, s*x really does solve everything :blobxd:)

swordfish, Chuyin, Aeli and 2 others like this.
  8. miximmaxim

miximmaxim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So shizun can only loves him

9. Gav

Gav [Fairy of the Garden of Evil]

Reading List:
    Link
    @Attica,
    what is ZZL's full name and background?

10. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Disclaimer: To be honest, the scenes with ZZL are the part of the novel I'm most unsure about. My Chinese reading comprehension is not that good for this kind of fantasy-heavy stuff :p Please correct me if I get something wrong.

ZZL's full name is Zhu ZhiLang. He is TLJ's nephew and LBH's cousin. TLJ's sister chose to mate with a giant snake demon from among the Southern Demon peoples (SQQ even comments like "wtf you're royalty among demons, why choose a snake").
    For a long time I think he was trapped in a half-man half-snake body and was therefore shunned, without any place to belong.
    Then at some point, TLJ found him and helped him take on a mostly human form. As a result of that kindness, ZZL basically worships TLJ and follows his every order.

Now in the story proper, ZZL's first appearance is after the Immortal Alliance Conference. He actually showed up in the last chapter scriptor translated! He is the monster that SQQ and SQH see on the way to getting the "Sun and Moon seed" or whatever it was called again.
    In the next chapter to be translated, SQQ sees him properly while collecting the "Sun and Moon seed". SQQ stops Gong YiXiao from attacking ZZL out of respect for another sentient being. As a result of their meeting, ZZL can successfully collect some "Sun and Moon seed" to make TLJ a new body. Thanks to this encounter, ZZL is extremely grateful to SQQ.

(The next story arc in 2 chapters, where demons attack a city and LBH reappears post-abyss, had ZZL and TLJ manipulating things from behind the scenes even if they did not make a personal appearance. It's only revealed later in the story that ZZL and TLJ framed SQQ for that demon attack. After Gong YiXiao helped SQQ escape from prison, ZZL encountered him and killed him in repayment for how GYX was previously going to kill him.)

ZZL's next appearance in the story is after LBH and LQG fight over SQQ's "Snow White-style preserved corpse". In fact, the reason why LQG could successfully infiltrate into LBH's base was because ZZL had previously gotten in and taken down some of the defenses. As you may recall, plant!SQQ was previously fed some of LBH's blood. Plant!SQQ aided LQG which was what tipped the scales enough to allow LQG to take away SQQ's corpse. As a result, LBH was furious at plant!SQQ and tried to activate the demonic blood. However, ZZL managed to grab SQQ and leave.

ZZL feeds plant!SQQ some of his own blood to counteract LBH's blood attack. SQQ is properly introduced to ZZL, who is now in his mostly-human form. ZZL explains he is trying to take SQQ to the demonic world, which SQQ obviously does not want. SQQ uses trickery to make ZZL turn back into enormous snake form, and subsequently rides snake!ZZL like a horse all the way back to Cang Qiong Mountain LOL

...I'm too tired to summarize all his remaining appearances in the story, but in general ZZL remains extremely grateful and respectful towards SQQ. He pretty much accommodates all of SSQ's requests EXCEPT for those that are against TLJ's orders. ZZL's character has pretty strong parallels to LBH in that he repays what he is given 100-fold: kindness with kindness, hatred with hatred.

There's just one problem: what ZZL thinks of as a "kind deed done to repay SQQ's kindness" is.... not actually very helpful for SQQ. (At one point, SQQ even comments something like "if your concept of 'thank you' only results in me getting hurt, your concept of 'I'm sorry' will probably cause me untold agony.")
    In the end, SQQ manages to communicate this conflict across. ZZL grows to accept that his actions, though well-intentioned, may not align with what SQQ truly wants. He then actually helps SQQ out for real by letting him escape from TLJ.

--------------------------------------
    IMO Zhu ZhiLang is another example of how if there's one unifying theme in Scum Villain's Self-Saving System, it would be: The importance of open communication!!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  11. Gav

Reading List:
    Link
    Heh, that is very helpful.
    Thanks.

readerz likes this.
  12. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry, you're very spot-on lol.

RIP Gongyi Xiao, who died because of this guy.

readerz likes this.
  13. Peasant0

Peasant0 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aish, Gonyi Xiao is going to die?! ... I really need to stop skulking around the spoiler forums...

readerz likes this.
  14. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    I probably should have put that under an extra spoiler cut lol.

Yeah, this poor guy can't escape from being cannon fodder no matter what. ;-;

Peasant0 and readerz like this.
  15. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Okay I found the extra about ZZL's backstory. I still can't understand it that well, but this is what I did grasp:

ZZL started out as a half-human half-snake, a monster even among monsters. He never knew his mother. His childhood was spent tormented by the other southern demons.

He was incapable of speech and didn't even have a name when TLJ discovered him. He starts following TLJ around like a lost puppy LOL.
    TLJ eventually claims he is getting "too ugly and awkward for TLJ to endure", and finally gifts ZZL a human form. (It's implied ZZL cries from sheer gratitude ;__; )
    TLJ gave him the name Zhu ZhiLang on a whim, I think from reading a book. (Zhu Zhilang roughly translates to "Bamboo Branch" or something like that?)
    To ZZL, TLJ is the one who gave him life, a name, a meaning to his existence. He would gladly die for TLJ.

There was only one time that TLJ actually yelled at ZZL. That was when TLJ was about to be trapped under the mountain--he drove ZZL away so ZZL wouldn't be trapped too.

16. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also I was reading the Charm Demon extras and couldn't stop laughing at LQG's hilariously adorable cluelessness.

Recap--in the first Charm Demon episode, the love fortune that the Charm Demon tells SQQ... sounded a bit too much like LQG for his liking. He gets mad and starts flipping tables. Even though the demons show themselves as beautiful naked ladies, he attacks them with his usual relentless fury anyway.

Then in the second Charm Demon episode, it's revealed that LQG got afflicted by the Charm Demon's poison during the fight. The poison acts as an aphrodisiac. SQQ notices LQG's face is very red and he's very, ah, excited. SQQ tries to give him some space to do his own thing (cough cough).

Unfortunately, LQG is extremely clueless. (SQQ is speechless at his cluelessness. He starts wondering stuff like "Is LQG's brain so full of swords that he's never, ah, relieved himself ever?") LQG legit confuses his sexual excitement with his normal thirst for battle. He panics and doesn't let SQQ leave; he even requests that he and SQQ fight to relieve his tension LOL

SQQ distracts him by asking how he and LQG first met. Finally, SQQ dunks him into the Charm Demon's freezing cold pool to calm him down :p

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  17. Gav

Reading List:
    Link
    @Attica can you please post spoilers for the extra with Binghe's mom in it?

18. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, I don't know where to find that extra :( If you have a link, I'll definitely take a look.

19. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    LQG really is sorta cute and confused, lololol. And I still suspect he has a secret crush on SQQ that he's not aware of. Like you said, the fortune-telling part is a big hint lol. SQQ at this point was still straight as an arrow -- he thought the love fortune was about a girl in his life and he considered Qi Qingqi I think before deciding it didn't fit either lol.

Don't forget that Bing-mei got super jealous when he learned about the aphrodisiac incident ahahahaha~

swordfish, Chuyin, Aeli and 5 others like this.
  20. talalan

talalan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He learned about it? That must be fun to read.