Discussion Saddest Moment in CD

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by birdboy01, Jul 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. birdboy01

birdboy01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I always thought the saddest moment was Doehring death. He never got to see our boy Linley become the powerhouse he became. Overgods couldn't do nothing either... although I don't know why he didn't just ask god to look out for him.

otaku31, Sin and GloomUnderNight like this.
  2. unknown14

unknown14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    one of the saddest moments is when linley brokeup with his girlfriend

otaku31 and Ramon54xg like this.
  3. lightmage5

lightmage5 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Besides Doehring's death, think saddest point was when, its been a while so I forgot, but his final/main wife got poisoned and was about to die, and mc was regretting how he didn't give her soverigns might even though he had more than 1. Luckily our rat boy/god comes to the rescue at the end.

otaku31 and GloomUnderNight like this.
  4. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Might as well ask here. What happens to the rat? Just put it in a spoiler

5. asdf123

asdf123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he just chills and has lots of babies

6. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    happily ever after...

As for Doehring not coming back to life that is what made me love CD. It showed that there was some finality, some accountability. MC is not all powerful, even at the end.
    AS it should be.
    Time is THE all powerful. And any CN with an ending where every goddamn cockroach comes back to life, has disappointed me to some extent.

7. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that didnt do it for me what really did it was derived from that event........had he gone home during the holiday like he was supposed to he would have had a chance to speak with his dad one last time but instead he carves a mural then goes on a journey.......only to return home to findout his dad's dead......

8. CloudDaoist

CloudDaoist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    CD have the most famous & memorable NTR event in the entire xianxia english reader community heart.. no doubt about that..

Ramon54xg likes this.
  9. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    for me it had to do with the long epic that was the woe's of what happened to his mother.

we find out bits and pieces from early on, but he only see's justice for his mother right by the very end. that is a looong journey to hold a grudge and fear for a family member.

I am sure I had a much more touching moment, but you asked this question far too long after I read it through to completion as Ren was pumping them out live. perhaps on a future re-read (I have sooo many series to catchup up on or finish) I can remember or rediscover the most touching moment I felt and share it with everyone once more.

I didn't find doehrings death sad, I found it extremely moving how he chose to do what he did for linley. It is something that many people could learn a thing or two for how they go about their own lives.

10. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    The way it happened, and the fact that CD should be one of the earliest completed long-running novels should be pretty important

11. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know just because we're on a site for foreign literature, does not mean we cannot use English terms, when they obviously apply. There is no actual netorare in Coiling Dragon, Alice was not drugged, raped, brainwashed, or corrupted. She just seeing another guy behind Linley's back, it is called cheating, something that happens all the time in real life, and has probably happened at least once to everyone on here.

12. Sin

Sin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Revenge, make statues of the woman and sell them for a fortune and embarrass the shit outta them lol. Does not even become the main wife.

13. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Saddest moment was definitely Doehrings death. I didn't see it coming until the very end.

Why didn't he just ask God to look out for him?
    What do you mean by this?

14. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Saddest moment when I can't find harem tag :blobsob:, so I didn't read it :blobsad:

15. k1nk4

k1nk4 Sage Verdurous Sea Turtle

Reading List:
    Link
    wrong, wrong, wrong... all wrong!

the saddest moment in CD was when author decided to keep dragging it on.
    To me it was downhill after his dynasty arch.

the part where that girl decided he was too good for her, shouldnt be sad, sad is ppl hating her cause she choose another. The fact of Dalia (Delia? his wife) spending years pursuing and waiting for him, just for him to accept it out of pity/guilt is indeed sad.

16. birdboy01

Reading List:
    Link
    when he met god at the end of the novel, i always wondered why he didn't ask to bring him back to life

17. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    It was covered. They did speak about it

Do a quick re-read.

18. birdboy01

Reading List:
    Link
    geesh you can't just tell me instead of being all mystical?

19. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    So when mortals die a normal death they either get reborn as Angel's (whatever they are called) or they get reborn as various lifeforms in the nether realm (I think that's what its called). This is because their souls are still intact and haven't been destroyed or absorb or tampered with in any way by strong people. When these people reach a certain level of power they regain their memories and can carry on living.
    This is what happened to linley dad and a few others.
    But Doehring ignited his soul to save linley. So he never got reborn anywhere, his soul was destroyed. And in the cosmos that Hong Meng created you cannot bring back a soul that is dead. It is not saved or anything and time cannot be rewound to save them.
    This is the answer Linley got when he asked.
    He was told he could create a perfect copy of Doehrings Soul since Linley had the power to see everything that has happened. But at the end of the day it would not be the same Soul. Just a perfect copy.
    Linley lamented over this and didn't revive Doehring through the copy method. Though it is left open that he may have in the future, at this time he chose not to.

I remember the facts that were given but I am fuzzy on the terminology and names. Apologies. It has been a long time since I have read CD. Small details are harder to grasp.

Raizhee likes this.
  20. Raizhee

Raizhee bubblegum bitch

Reading List:
    Link
    When his mother is still controlled by that sovereign of light or whatever. Not a fan of that part tbh.

You got it just fine .

Viola likes this.