CKTalon is BETRAYED!!!

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Kasuka, Jul 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kasuka

Kasuka Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yo guys, it's been quiet without all the popcorn around here, but fear not! Because we have a new joke in town! Yes, like the title says @CKtalon_TMW has been betrayed!

How?

According to the TGIF#23 post on QI, full paywalls are fully going up! yes, you heard it right! In particular, I have also highlighted the relevant part here if you don't want to give them more traffic:
    [​IMG]

Now... @CKtalon_TMW promised us that there wouldn't be paywalls at all. And you can even argue that the spirit-stone locked chapters are like advance chapters! But what if they do not unlock daily anymore? That's definitely a paywall. And now, here is the quote on why I said CKTalon is betrayed.
    It's from this reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/noveltrans...mw_and_ac_possibly_moving_over_to_qi/diknxu3/

And now a screenshot for good measure just in case he deletes his post.
    [​IMG]

2. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m done with Qidian nonsense. I don’t even have the energy to read this...

kenar, strayCat0, qwertzuiop and 12 others like this.
  3. Kasuka

Kasuka Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, it's less about Qidian and more about CKTalon looking like a fool (or a shill). Again.

Hey @CKtalon_TMW what do you have to say about that? Is it time for you to change your name to QITalon?

strayCat0 and Arbalest like this.
  4. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    The way I see it, that paywall is only for completed novels/those 2 novels.
    Now this is expected. If a completed novel slowly stops getting ss locked, then it will eventually be fully free. Instead, QI will allow dome chapters for free and the rest will be paywalled/whatever walled.
    I think evwn CKtalon wontw have any issues with this, as it is for completed novels. So if you are reading it along with the speed of TL, then you may never face the wall.

Eitherway, my boycott is still persisting.

strayCat0, qwertzuiop, Ddraig and 3 others like this.
  5. oliver

oliver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, i don't get it. They're going to unlock all current premium chapters, and then after a set amount of time, they will re-lock them, and remove the free daily chapters? Or am i misunderstanding this?

Edit: And as far as i can see it's being done due to the fact that the readerbase for atleast those 2 novels is completely retarded (Excuse me), so it might only be for those 2 books, both of which are already finished. Like, those 2 are not their only finished books, yet they're the only ones they do that too, so it seems like a one time deal for now, which isnt too bad. It's actually the least dickish way they could do it, they're basically saying ''ya'll keep wanting mass releases, but don't want to pay for it, so here you go, read your chapters and screw off'' instead of just directly saying screw off.

2nd edit: And it's still not a pay wall, even if the chapters don't unlock for free each day, you can still pay for em with spirit stones, which you can get for free quite easily. So, it's still only a partial paywall.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  6. Avagantimos

Avagantimos Chosen Undead|Bearer of the Curse|Ashen One

Reading List:
    Link
    Since QI has been around I’ve stayed clear of their site, thankfully they don’t have any good “must read” novels.

Drake98, Nino Sasou, Asf and 5 others like this.
  7. BlueEyesWhiteDragon

BlueEyesWhiteDragon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s no surprise full paywall is going up for some novels. In fact, Qi has been slowly manking their way for full paywall for quite a while now. People won’t protest as much if the process was done one step at a step ie. having to watch ads, having to get app to watch ads, having to get app for premium, now it will soon been having to pay just to read premium or abolishment of premium itself.

8. LastWave

LastWave Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But won't we be able to unlock those chapiters with crystals we get for free every day ?
    It would make more people want to pay but with enough time (less than with many fantrad, just saying) we would be able to get all chapiters
    Then it wouldn't be a paywall
    Anyway, many pirate website of qidan will appear soon, like in China...

MightyBrosXX likes this.
  9. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Well we knew this has been coming for a long time. They let it leak in their ToS. It is good that this is happening though, according to NU Policy they aren't going to be listed anymore if they are a site with a paywall.... unless the policy has been changed or I am misremembering it.

We knew this was gonna happen. It has.
    Anyone who said otherwise who was with Qidian is either very gullible or saying what they had to to keep their image up and not lose more readers in the transfer.
    It's more lies and broken promises by Qidian. News as usual right?

Even if this paywall is only for the 2 novels it will work it's way into all the others. The first step is the hardest to take then the rest are far easier.
    They are out there already.

Rumby, Shield Loyalist and Ai chan like this.
  10. LastWave

LastWave Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which are the good qidan pirate website ?
    The one I saw died after 1-2 chapiters

Blackyy likes this.
  11. CodeTime

CodeTime [Void Emperor of Time]

Reading List:
    Link
    The real question for me is how many chapters will be locked in total? If its the entire novel then it WILL SUCK but if its the last 100 chapters i can potentially deal with it with daily free spirit stones and treat it as daily translate

Reindeer and Master like this.
  12. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    did anyone bother copying or downloading all the chapters yet?
    because I would just do that if I wanted to read them, pack them in a pdf and then sell it for 1/10 of what qidian wants
    obviously I would force a small kid from school to do that so that investigations will end in "someone hacked his pc and was using it to do illegal things" because I will force him to have a trojan there but one he installs himself but doesn't have any connection to me
    if he does well then I'll give him 30% of the profit :D
    tbh this is what goes through my head cause QI should just go and die and let translators translate or at least not lie to them

the last 100? that's like thousands of stones, right? and now imagine in 2 months they will also shut down the daily free ss and make it full pay to read...
    btw I don't have a QI account so I don't know nor do I care, but just wanted to let you know that unless you get enough ss by just logging in daily to unlock 1.5 chapters then it will suck;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2018
    Ghost_Spawn likes this.
  13. HappyHavak

HappyHavak The Laughing Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    This isn't something you ask on nuf.

strayCat0, Doomr, Bad Storm and 5 others like this.
  14. Diukes

Diukes The Details will be omitted

Reading List:
    Link
    reddit.

Crazyh3 likes this.
  15. CodeTime

CodeTime [Void Emperor of Time]

Reading List:
    Link
    They are always watching .-.

Bad Storm and Westeller like this.
  16. Digix

Digix Owl-sama Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    It's going to be funny when they have no novels listed on NU anymore...

17. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    soon? they already exist

runsing likes this.
  18. FieryFox

FieryFox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just servings if you ask me for getting far too greedy

19. Xiongace101

Xiongace101 Monkey

Reading List:
    Link
    more like something you should avoid asking all someone needs to do is ask the said person who knows said sites to dm them :blobwhistle:

20. Digix

Digix Owl-sama Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah but I cannot help but chuckle that they would hurt their biggest source of views

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.