LCD Martial King's Retired Life

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Nefasdetestasti, Jun 2, 2017.

1. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    Ming Suwen is his senior sister no?

2. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. He's his master's eldest disciple (seniority-wise), and shiyi means junior sister iirc. However, she's also his aunt for some reason.

3. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    The new arc seems rather boring..
    Too much side character stories

4. Wu Jizun

Wu Jizun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please allow me to apologise. Last week, I messed up and posted chapter 31 as chapter 30, chapter 32 as chapter 31 and so forth, so we missed a chapter. I have now corrected it, so please re-read chapter 30 with the correct contents. Additionally, I've unlocked chapter 34, too, so there's two chapters for you to read today.

You don't need to re-read chapter 31-33.

Again, I apologise for my mistake.

Asf and chencking like this.
  5. Solracmar

Solracmar Zzzzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i just started reading and there is thing that normally make me drop a novel. I don't like forced marriage.
    So the vice capitan shen gave her hand in marriage for political suport to the capitan.
    What i want to know is if this was solved or she is forced to marry him.
    Thanks for the help.

6. Delusion

Delusion Dark lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Not married yet. I have not read the raws, so I don't know the future. But, most probably she won't marry. She loves a bald da~ge(elder brother, but no idea on who he is)

7. Solracmar

Solracmar Zzzzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks this os enough for me.

Delusion likes this.
  8. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not forced. It's not even an unwanted arranged marriage. She chose to marry him for influence. She arranged the marriage. She decided his influence is worth marrying for.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  9. 1NEEDHEALING

1NEEDHEALING Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Her elder brother, she is brocon
    Fortunately he already dead

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2018
  10. 1NEEDHEALING

1NEEDHEALING Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His aunt, appear in this arc?
    Ahhh and this is not BL right?

11. Delusion

Delusion Dark lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, he is dead:blobfearful:

12. Solracmar

Solracmar Zzzzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes and no. She is being forced by the circumstances to marrry and that is even worse than simple brute force since it is more difficult to solve.
    I don't like this kind of plot because normally it become a tragedy that won't be changed by the author.
    And this one i think is the worst tragedy and simply don't like it.

13. Wu Jizun

Reading List:
    Link
    I know as much as you do. Whatever you've read, is whatever I'd read and translated. I'm not ahead of you guys. I think the female that just trollerinoed Wang Jinsun might've been his aunt. I don't translate BL, no.

lol, honest, not sure if this comment is serious or joking given the comedy tag and anecdotes.
    Side note, she doesn't support him, it's him that's she's using to support herself.

P.P.S. For anyone who cares, the author has been credited with the popularisation of the "retirement" genre in China, which is getting more popular now. I'm genuinely happy for him.

14. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    She most definitely is not being forced to marry. She's basically a princess. She can do whatever the heck she wants. And even if she was, it wouldn't be a forced marriage as it's her choice.

Wu Jizun likes this.
  15. Solracmar

Solracmar Zzzzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    I am half serious. I already was burned by more than one author forcing domeone to marry for, power, ambition, etc and make a tragedy out of this relationship with made me drop fun and liked novels.
    That is why i asked since i am liking this novel and this could be a let down for me.

I won't argue since now i just begun vol 2 so i can't give specific example.
    However :
    Yes, not even the emperor could have his way with everything in the world. During the time Liu Shan Men lost power, the emperor’s entourage did all they could to fulfill their roles and serve, so should they be rewarded or not? The Qilin Guards shed much blood in their battles to suppress the influence and power of the evil sects. All their victories came at the cost of much bloodshed on their side, so shouldn’t they be rewarded? He can’t just promote Liu Shan Men citing friendship as the reason.
    Well so if even the rmperor can't promote liu shan men as long as she want to do it she is forced by the circumstances to marry. ....
    Yes if she abandon her ambition wish and dream ....she isn't forced to marry however i can't see she doing it. So yes she is forced to marry.

16. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    for me it the style of how side character and background info delivered~
    sure it remind me with RoTK style but the problem with how much words on a chapter hold kinda make me feel~
    hah~
    when will the main story continue~
    read on one go so far da only solution I can think atm~

17. Wu Jizun

Reading List:
    Link

In that case, I don't hold the answer for what happens down the road. Purely via extrapolation, it sounds backwards if everything SYR is doing is forcing her further into the marriage, though. Doesn't that mean LSM is going into further decline, and hence she would have to rely more on SO, whereas if TY, SX, MFZ and everyone else actually did their jobs successfully, then LSM would regain its standing, thereby reducing the need for her to be locked into the marriage? I can't reason my way to her doing everything she does with the goal of burying herself. Furthermore, I can't fathom the brotherhood being so incompetent that they'd utterly fail in her duty, thereby forcing her into the marriage to support LSM.

I think that answers what you said here below your first comment, as well.

EDIT: Posted my reply in the quote like a moron and had to move it.

18. lisianthus

lisianthus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This story almost like one punch man, lot of side character and villain, even the author bothered to explain their background their fav underwear fav food etc etc, meanwhile our mc only had a very very few screen time, and when the fight begin, it already ended after 1-2 glance from mc

19. Solracmar

Solracmar Zzzzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    Well you are probaly right if the plot develop like that. I just begun vol 03 and i am beginning to think like you.
    However the problem of this kind of plot is once it start rolling it is difficult to stop.

Lets say she doesn't need to marry anymore. There are 3 great problems and a lot of small ones she has to solve.
    1-her reputation since she is breaking the engagement.
    2- backlash from the fiance background.
    3- make so that breaking the engagement isn't a weakness for enemies to exploit.

This 3 are the basic. Well you can say the author can throw the mc there and solve all.
    However my impression of the author is that he likes logic in his setting . So this problems have to be properly solved for the engagement to be broken.
    This properly solved is the problem. Because if the author isn't satisfied with the solution he can just throw this as tragedy.... henceforth my fear.

20. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    well that what you will get when MC already so OP
    this story charm on how MC try resolve problem while try to stay low and clear mess up because of various reason~ so far it really related to him~