LCD Quick Transmigration Cannon Fodder’s Record of Counterattacks

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Alina Moktan, Jun 12, 2018.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How would giving him the gene essence offend him? She'd just need to clean it off first. Or do you mean the part about not bending the metal rod? If so, then him being dangerous is the reason to not do it.

I thought it was Wolf that tried to shoot her?

2. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was saying that not really trying to bend the pipe would offend him. Not doing it and immediately getting shot in the head is worse.

I'm pretty sure it was the girl that shot at her.

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think he'd have immediately shot her. As long as she tried her hardest without her inner energy, she'd have had a shot at fooling him. If she failed, then she could try seriously after that.

Ah, my mistake then.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why no one suggested going to find Psycho's lab. Even if the gene essence were destroyed, and incomplete to begin with, the research notes still might be able to allow them to recreate/fix it. I'm sure Psycho would have told them that the data was destroyed along with the gene essence if they suggested it, but I'm just curious why no one did.

5. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they'd either have control of it already or it's the most dangerous place in the world because it's ground zero. At any rate I wouldn't try to take it with 5 people especially when none of them trust each other.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Is she still cultivating? If so, she should probably stop until they find/create a reliable food source.

7. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Screw that. Literally everyone else on the team is a danger to her. I'd rather be hungry with super powers than dead.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem with needing more food than others is that you'll experience the downsides of hunger faster than others. That means that she'll also be weaker than the others due to hunger, super powers or no. It's better to be slightly stronger than them and not hungry, than technically much stronger than them but so weak from hunger that a day-old kitten could kick her a**. This is especially true when you consider the fact that she has many more years of fighting experience than they do, and they don't have guns anymore. Frankly, if they didn't have the ML and FL halos protecting them, there'd be no reason she couldn't crush the two of them like bugs.

HavenCustos likes this.
  9. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    She only gets hungry after cultivating. Thus she can keep doing it until they actually run out of food and then stop. Thus her suffering the effects faster than others isn't an issue.

Many more years of experience? I would think that she has less than a year of fighting experience. Granted a lot of that was on a battlefield and is probably more valuable but it's not like she's been doing it for years. If they were already part of the special forces then it's plausible that they still have more fighting experience than her. Look at the doctor. He clearly does.

HavenCustos likes this.
  10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It's only mentioned immediately after she cultivates the first time. It's never said one way or the other if the increase in appetite is permanent.

Alright, one year. That was still one year of medieval combat in a cultivation enabled world, which isn't something that any of the others on her team can match up to when they no longer have guns. As for Psycho, she's never even considered fighting him.

11. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    When she originally practices it as a princess it mentioned that she stopped being a glutton after a while.
    Chapter 82: A Princess, Actually Had to Farm

Ning Shu became immersed in frantic practice and pushed all other affairs aside. The current Ning Shu was no longer a glutton, and her body had started changing in a strange way.
    It's certainly not permanent.

I think it more like a season of warfare with perhaps some months of training before then. I also think cultivation is pretty rare in that world since nobody but her did it. There's more to worry about than just them attacking her. Attacking her in her sleep, zombies, them getting bullets, etc.

12. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    How did they just randomly unlock a special ability without the gene essence?

HavenCustos likes this.
  13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought they'd already ran out of ammo? What were they shooting at the zombie right after they got out of the car?

Plot halos.

HavenCustos likes this.
  14. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    They've run out of ammo like 3 separate times already.

I just don't understand the logic behind it. They're suppose to be normal humans and they just suddenly get powers? Did the doctor slip something in their food or does the zombie blood splattering on them do something?

Is this not a military camp? Why didn't they mention that they were in the military?

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't recall it saying that it was a military base? It might just be one formed by awakened civilians. Though, even if there are people who were from the military, it's doubtful that they still consider themselves as such. It's more likely that they're planning to embrace a "new world order" type philosophy.

As for the awakening of powers, it was mentioned in the chapter that the virus had spread to the water. From this I'd conclude that, while the virus can turn you into a zombie if you're bitten by one or injected with the gene essence directly, it can also have much milder affects when encountered in weaker forms. These seem to include getting destroyed by your immune system or causing you to awaken.

Of course, it could also just be that Psycho lied about the gene essence and he's already developed a more advanced version which he released into the world as a form of forced Darwinian evolution/eugenics initiative. He's certainly insane enough to do so.

Either way, I expect we'll get some sort of explanation eventually.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how long it'll take Senior Commander to realize that Uncle is Psycho.

That aside, I think Daisy is placing Senior Commander on too high of a pedestal. If he actually saw her as his daughter, then he wouldn't have talked about how using his connections for personal reasons wasn't good.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C205: "The only thing was that his mysophobia and OCD were a little severe, and that his tongue was a little poisonous." What about the part where he dissects people while they're still alive and kills people like he's killing flies? Those are much bigger flaws than mysophobia, OCD or being rude.

C206: I wonder why he doesn't want to dissect variant zombies. They should be fairly valuable test subjects too. Or did he do so already and realized that they weren't that helpful?

HavenCustos and Vincent1873 like this.
  18. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I've have probably shot her instead of having a standoff. I certainly wouldn't have let her just walk in.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C210: Ah, that'll teach me to just click the link without reading the TL's comments. For a moment there, I'd thought that the TL had switched to super lazy mtl or lost a critical editor or something.

C211: I'm starting to think that Psycho might be the sanest native of this world...
    Yeah, I don't know why she let her in. She's definitely capable of stopping her. She really needs to work on growing a more permanent spine.

HavenCustos likes this.
  20. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    wtf lol. Well that's a somewhat rare development.