LCD Pursuing Immortality

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Jul 14, 2018.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Series link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/pursuing-immortality/

C1: I wonder if the mountain paths are a formation.

C3: Are there no property taxes in China? If there are, then how can he survive on so little?

I dunno, I think he could make a fortune just by selling the recipe for his mosquito repellent. Even if he's not allowed to sell it, he could probably find someone willing to invest in him so that he could build/remodel a factory of his own.

C4: I wonder why his grandfather didn't try to talk to the temple about selling his incense as a limited quantity, premium product. Assuming that it was of a similar quality to the MC's, it would probably have done quite well.

C5: He's severely lacking in gratitude...

C6: I wonder how much difference there'll be in the performance between the sticks he made before the fruit, and those he made after. Also curious if the ones he made after will have spiritual energy infused into them.

That aside, it's nice to see a new profession in a cultivation novel. I hope he keeps making incense all the way through to the end of the series.

C7: I know they're handmade, but that feels pretty expensive. I wonder how much profit he's making off them.

C8: I'm pleasantly surprised to see a aged female character who made her own fortune, especially in such a traditionally masculine field.

C9: I almost feel sorry for his sister. She put in a lot of effort and almost all her money, but he got the lucky break of meeting the MC. Sadly, they're both a**holes, so it's hard to root for either of them.

C10: That was extremely unhelpful information...

They should tell the guy that they want to throw money at the MC. He'd probably be more willing to give them actually useful information then, or even call the MC on his cell.

C11: Maybe it's not that the midges changed. Maybe it's that he's changed and now smells so appetizing to them that they're willing to ignore the incense for longer.

I wonder why Fang Qing didn't come to borrow his internet.

C13: I wonder if he'll dare to sell it. I'm sure he could use the money, but I expect word would get back to her eventually. The circle of people both willing and able to buy it isn't exactly huge after all.

That aside, he should make her a sort of sampler platter of incense. One or two of each incense he can make in the current season. That way, she can pick her favorites and he can make her a larger batch of those.

C14: lol. I like his customer. Hopefully she's the FL.

C15: I wonder how she identified him.

lol. I feel that there's something wrong with that list of great illusions of life ;)

C16: Why did she assume that the FL worked in the area? She was dressed quite casually and they were in a park. It'd be more normal to think she was on a date.

C17: I wonder why no one else got off the bus when he did. They'd have the same reasons as him after all.

C18: I worry about the series he's been reading that those are the only level up methods he can think of...

C20: Why would he have toiletries with him?

I wonder what he plans to do with it. He's not an exorcist or anything, and keeping it around seems quite dangerous. Maybe take it to that temple they used to sell incense to?

C23: My, what a sleaze ball.

‘What if he’s a closet gay?’ That's a pretty extreme reaction. It'd be nice if the MC of a non-yaoi story wasn't homophobic for once.

C24: I have a strong feeling that the MC will be trying out his new move or his illusion art on He Tian at that party.

C25: If you have two girlfriends, then you're not taking either of them seriously...

How is he supposed to get in when he doesn't have an invitation? Also, why would he have clothes that would be appropriate for such an event?

C26: Isn't the MC supposed to be her date for this event? Why is he over an hour late?

C27: I figured she'd choose a bad one on purpose, but the author almost had me going with the first cut being a good one.

C28: I wonder what kind of nightmare they're about to see, and if they'll survive it.

C30: Ah, so it was his new move. I guess he hasn't figured out the illusion yet.

C32: He should just expand his cellar.

I wonder how long it'll take before he thinks to try infusing spirit energy into his incense.

C38: I wonder if he'll even be home.

C39: lol. It's like they're having two totally different conversations.

C40: I wonder if he'll think to inform his friend that he was tracked down via that incense he sent her. I think she'd like to know that her assistant is a traitor, and even if he can't draw that conclusion, she definitely can.

C42: "That young Immortal would not meet just anybody!" lol. These guys are true optimists ;)

C44: lol. She knows him so well, even better than his sister it would seem ;)

C52: He straight up ignored every warning he was given and even intentionally sought to put himself in harm's way. Why should the company have to compensate him or his family for his own stupidity? He should be dancing for joy if he's not fired for gross incompetence.

That aside, them not admitting to finding the snake is really going to damage the tourism in the area, and thus the businesses of all of his friends, and the futures of all of their families. I get that he likes the FL, but that's a pretty steep price to pay just so she can have a pet.

C54: I wonder how long it'll take her to feel comfortable asking for his cultivation technique, or for him to feel comfortable offering it to her.

C55: I wonder if he'll invite his girlfriend. It would definitely be a good party for her to attend, but he doesn't know that.

C59: I'm beginning to wonder if there's a rule in CN WN that says that no character can be good at naming pets.

C65: OMG, when will the exposition dump end!?

C66: While cruel, that was definitely the appropriate response to someone sending you pictures of their meals.

How would he have time to learn martial arts in person? I mean, I could see him doing self-study via YouTube, but actually attending class would dramatically slow his cultivation.

C67: I was wondering why a Korean martial art was coming up in a Chinese series. Turns out, the author just wanted to insult it using a poorly constructed straw man. The MC walked into a class being taught by people of questionable qualifications to a group of disinterested children for the stated purpose of friendly competition and he's complaining that it's not lethal enough? He might as well walk into a children's finger painting class and complain that none of the paintings can compare to Van Gogh's. It's disgusting. It really feels like the quality of this series has taken a nosedive over the last several chapters.

I wonder why they're only focusing on China. There's plenty of other uninhabited places in the world that are even more likely to generate spiritual plants and animals, and neither of them is exactly hurting for money right now.

C70: I hope the series gets interesting again soon. It's difficult to force myself to continue with how boring it's been lately.

C71: "He needed stability." Isn't his business doing extraordinarily well? I thought he was making more in a month than he used to make in several years?

C72: Why would they kill him? They could just bribe the cops to forcibly remove him, or hire him for a funeral and demolish the temple while he was away. Killing him was utterly pointless and a PR nightmare if word got out, which it obviously did.

C73: It seems a bit late for this to turn into a zombie apocalypse novel...

C75: I'm tired of all the nearly pointless exposition. I can't keep reading this when so much of the series is completely wasted on mostly irrelevant crap.

2. SayMrrp

SayMrrp 抱抱爆爆宝宝

Reading List:
    Link
    How's the horror in this story? I'm interested in reading, but I'm bad with scary stuff, sooooooo~

3. Wick

Wick Black van owner

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not horror stories, just there was ghost etc. It was immortal and spiritual story after all it was not frightening just how MC fight boss.

4. Wick

Wick Black van owner

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just reading it and getting curious who is mc dao companion ?

5. Falatharo

Falatharo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Xiaozhai at chapter 145

6. FHandsome

FHandsome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good novel, one of novel i've been followed from QI since released, the more important thing there's no HAREM

Dr_H_16 and Wick like this.
  7. merong

merong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but he has a yandere candidate with him!! and she even have a skill that can sort of souldbind her lovers with her!!

Hmntlzn likes this.
  8. Wick

Wick Black van owner

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm in chapter 100 now
    it feels like apocalypse is coming, if it was I guess it will be like Epoch of Twilight. Lol

9. Wick

Wick Black van owner

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm at chapter 179 and I losing my interest already I don't know why I think I probably drop it.
    as far as I read it, it was nice novel especially at the beginning it was nice, but when the world start changing and heading to 'apocalypse' like world I start loss my interest maybe because it get into apocalypse like genre or start bored with the story over all it was good novel I guess

10. Dr_H_16

Dr_H_16 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, keep read it.
    It's not apocalypse.
    The world just changing to something like modern cultivation era. Like Forty Millenium Cultivation, just at it start line.

11. Wick

Wick Black van owner

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I know about that but I have loss interest at the story so I dump it at my dropped reading list waiting my interest to comeback, well I read novel for enjoyment from reality so dropped whatever novel I lost interest.

12. merong

merong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah...it is not apocalyptic world novel.
    The world just recovered its spiritual essence, so the daoist cultivators can cultivate and breakthrough again.
    The plants and animals had undergone some mutations but it is not an abrupt mutations of all living things, it is gradual, so the animals and cultivators improve together!

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  13. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    That momen when you're so excited that your head fell off from your body xD

14. merong

merong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel needs a mass release!!

Dr_H_16 and Wujigege like this.
  15. Sword of The Fake Monarch

Sword of The Fake Monarch Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It got boring after he reached immortal stage. However, the reason may just be because of the lack of chapters

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  16. Dr_H_16

Dr_H_16 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, this novel need mass release!

17. Avenger

Avenger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just learned about this novel. The synopsis seems pretty good. I think I’ll give it a try even though I think it is paywalled. I’ll let you know what I think of it.

18. FHandsome

FHandsome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally some action against another country!!

19. Ruthless

Ruthless Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When did he reach Human Immortal stage?

20. Sword of The Fake Monarch

Sword of The Fake Monarch Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He reaches it after going on a diplomatic mission where all the world leaders were supposed to meet. There he will fight with a druid on his level which will cause him to achieve breakthrough. You can achieve breakthrough by slowly cultivating(which is safer) or by fighting and being pressured(that happened to MC).

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2018