LCD CITY OF SIN

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Anon2.0, Dec 12, 2017.

1. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone she offended is most likely dead, so unless everyone else in Faelor has some way of knowing who specifically is the one who went out and killed those people, I doubt they know it's her. Especially considering they don't even seem to realize that Richard is not from their plane....And no, she definitely does compare to the army of small fry he has, plus, you can't compare a tactical weapon like her and waterflower to strategic weapons like an army... (Also, judging by how mysterious the Broodmother is, I doubt ANY ONE of his allies are going to be anywhere near as useful as it in the future)

2. Ananya

Ananya Top lvl Gokiburi Buster

Reading List:
    Link
    The people she killed are the minions of larger players, larger players will have many means to know what happened to their subordinates. I mean she decimated the combined forces of some church and a kingdom when she appeared on the plane, right? You simply can't be inconspicous after pulling such shit. Richard never pulled anything on that scale. Also Bear guard knights are distinct unlike Richard's army, it would have made an impact on people.

Also considering Richard's personality he wouldn't have allowed her to live, he isn't Leylin or Fang Yuan. He's very prideful and protective of his friends, I don't think it's in line with his personality to allow Sinclair to live considering she offed so many soldiers and almost offed Waterflower. He might have considered the option if Flowsand would have said something though. Also risks simply don't outweigh the benefits, he can't control her like the rest of his slaves

Sinclair got way too arrogant, I think because she thought that Richard didn't end up in the same plane. She could have been so if her army were atleast 70 grade 2 Rune Knights as opposed to Bear Guard Knights. She got into unnecessary fights and eroded her military power( if that wasn't the case our MC would have had to run and hide like a rabbit till his people/broodmother powered up).

3. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link

What? She wasn't the one personally fighting those battles though? It was her army that did it, leaving aside your assumption that people on that plane have some way to magically know when one of their subordinates died akin to those other CN novels where some old master dude left an imprint in the soul of his disciple and is able to see the last few moments of his death, including who did it.... It doesn't matter how distinct the bearguard knights are because I'm saying he should have made Sinclair ALONE part of his group.

I suppose it doesn't matter though after seeing the latest chapter, since he basically got exactly what I asked for, just inferior compared to Sinclair herself.

4. Ananya

Reading List:
    Link
    She is always fighting personally, technically she is killing people personally because her enemies can't mount a fight against her because they have no clue about her abilities.

How did Baron Fontaine know about her exploits then? There is an instance where he thinks how he is supposed to defeat her when elites couldn't get rid of her, this instance is before the battle. When he knows why won't the others know? Are you saying that Richard should have kept her alive when his army was reduced to almost tenth of it's original size with injuries and broodmother temporarily hibernating, don't forget that he is in Baron's territory who was killed by her. Won't that dissatisfy more people? Why should Richard offend his allies for her?

It's easier to say he should have let her live, but it's not something sane people generally do when they don't need to take a risk.

Richard is a rune master, as long as his skill lvls up, he can improve the whole army, addition of a vampiric psycho b**ch ain't gonna make much of a difference.

5. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link

Most of the time she fought, he did so as an assassin, in and out. Or on the manticore....I assume anyone who she fought when riding on top of that is dead.

Did he know exactly what she looked like? Or did he only know that there was an army attacking places, and perhaps of her existence?

It doesn't matter if he raises the level of his scrub army any higher, he said it himself, what he lacks now isn't small fries, it's people at the high end. People that are talented and highly skilled, like Waterflower or Flowsand....Sinclair is very talented after all, she is young and high level, and able to fight against people significantly higher level than her, on top of that, she seems to have plenty of rune slots, I'm sure Richard would have been able to get rid of her old runes and give her a set instead, which would only increase her strength dramatically.

Don't think of her as some random, she is stronger than any single individual in Richards army, and probably in the top 3 most talented, aside from Richard himself.

6. Ananya

Reading List:
    Link
    All the ppl who have scores to settle would know that she is the demonic invader who decimated many forces after this battle, right? Richard has to get rid of all the Baron's men which he will never do. The point is you can't be friendly with a demonic invader if you want to ingratiate yourself with the inhabitants unless your plan was to massacre the whole plane. Leylin is a guy who would probably think along your lines but not this MC.

Even if she is super strong, she is just one person, there is only so much she can do.

7. UsernameJ

UsernameJ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This story is fucking great, and the translation is really well done. I started reading this a few days ago and am sad I'm all caught up.

TsukiKun and Ananya like this.
  8. TsukiKun

TsukiKun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Very under rated and under read. This is one of the top stories for me.

9. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    So coco turned out to be a rat for the other families..

10. Almerish

Almerish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Noooo Flowsand!

11. UsernameJ

UsernameJ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why the change from Troll to Ogre? Troll fits a lot more since their regeneration has been mentioned a lot and maybe it's just the D&D in me talking but Trolls are known for their regenerative abilities and Ogres are not.

Trolls are also just cooler than Ogres, sorry Shrek :(

12. Ikemen Sensei

Ikemen Sensei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel so uncomfortable with Flowsand and Io (book 3 chp 73). I know for a titled priestess there are things that can not to be explained, but somehow her character (that supposedly to be brilliant and stuff) is go downhill.

Some people commenting, this variable (Io) will trigger his demon bloodline for greater good (by nature archeron for his obsession, jealousy and dark etc)

Double noo for recently chapter. The feels is sooo not nice. I can't take it, nooo I'm gettin weakerr!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2019
  13. guigs

guigs Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Io i the peron that Flowsand want to taje her plave helping Richard, nothing more.

14. Shtirliz

Shtirliz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's only me or anyone else think that this lazy spacetime dragon up to no good?
    Broodmother lie to Richard at almost every corner and do only what benefit her power. Divine guardians of Flowsand also do what they want without even looking at her orders. Are the dragon after Faelor?

15. Bryce

Bryce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idiot, why would an all powerful being care about an undeveloped plane whose general power level is below even norland >.> If the dragon wants something one word from him and he'll have hordes of people all over the multiverse scrambling to offer it to him, richard included, it operates on the principle of "equal exchange" after all
    broodmother is a servant, not a slave. She/it has her own aspirations, same goes for flowsand's guardians. So long as the outcome isn't richard's death broodmother will be fine, same with flowsand and her guardians(though if they piss her off enough she might just recycle them afterwards)

16. Avenger

Avenger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How does this compare to Monarch of Evernight? I really like that story. Is it just as good?

17. Kinanijo

Kinanijo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Imo, Richard is a better protagonist than Qianye, but the story and world building is worse.

18. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    CoS is most likely the best novel on WW rn, and that includes MEN. The difference is fairly small tho. You should probably read it if you like this style of novel.

swordman009 and Avenger like this.
  19. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They're basically the same thing in different clothes. It's the same author and it really shows. There are some differences in the characters - Richard is more of a leader and Qianye more of a solo fighter - but even then the battles tend to involve troops and sieges and whatnot. I guess you could say Richard is Qianye + Zining rolled into one, with a pinch more Zining than Qianye, and that's about the only difference between the two novels apart from setting. If you like one, you'll definitely like the other.

Avenger likes this.
  20. Avenger

Avenger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! I’ll start reading it.