Discussion [Spoiler] Xia Qingyue from ATG

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Fluffy Jellyfish, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    For once, i'm considering that Xia Qingyue to better move on and marry that Moon God King (I don't fucking care even if he is an old foggies or that the marriage is forced)
    Based on how Yun Che doesn't care adding women into his harem, why should XQ should care about his feeling?
    Many readers feels that this act is a NTR to YC, when actually we are reading past thousand chapters how he doesn't care about his first wife and go collecting women around. I feel that there are some romantic feelings between them (Mainly from XQ, YC just treat her as another woman in his harem)
    Mars novel and another same type of novel really make me want that any or even some of their MC's harem member to betray the MC to make him taste his own medicine

Your view in this matter?

2. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    stop reading and go take a walk outside, you are obsessed

Ddraig, LordCorwin, 8Psycho and 5 others like this.
  3. Titan LLS

Titan LLS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The guy changes women like underwear, i can say stuff like don't hate the player but really if his women find someone who will treat them better no reason why not to move on from him.
    but you know this author he will make any other potential love interest for these women mean and insidious hiding ulterior motives.

8Psycho and forgotten like this.
  4. Nargol

Nargol Evangelist. Candy-san. Pope of the Cult of Pyoo

Reading List:
    Link
    but yun che is perfect and loves all his pretty porcelain vases equally

how could you ever wish for consequences on such a prime example of manhood?

I don't hate ATG, but yun che was always trash. pretty much all xianxia mc's are. you knew what you signed up for

8Psycho likes this.
  5. TotesMyGoats

TotesMyGoats yeetle the teetle

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read the novel in like a year and a half but everyone knows that's not going to happen

6. Delusion

Delusion Dark lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Moon god king has 100s of wives and 1000s of concubines. Her future would be more bleak.

Yuri is the true path she should take:blobangel:

Ddraig, Sabruness, 8Psycho and 4 others like this.
  7. Fluffy Jellyfish

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped it long time ago :cookie:

8. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    i already realized that you were obsessed, there is no need to confirm it further

9. Iramohs

Iramohs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mars does this same shit in all of his novels. The kidnapped/engaged/dead wife trope.

10. Emperor avalon

Emperor avalon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YC has affection, if not love for all of his women. Nowhere has it been said that he viewed them as plaything or object, but I remember several times where it is said that he loved them all in his own way. Because he is not speaking about them every single chapter doesn't mean he doesn't love them, he cannot stop and think about them all the time or go visit them every time he want to, there is more pressing matters. Right now he must get strong enough to save his master who is going to die in 2 years if he does nothing, so I think putting his wives, who are safely waiting for him at home as far as he is concerned, second in his mind is the right call.

As for XQ why should she seeks vengeance ? A man marrying several women is perfectly normal and accepted In their world, if it didn't bother her before, why would it bother her now that they are going to meet again ? Yeah it's sexist, but at least the story assume it so... you should just chill or not bother with the romance part, the story/universe and action are pretty good if you compare to everything else

11. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know who is who anymore, so just passing by :blobpeek:

12. Titan LLS

Titan LLS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How many times have we seen in this novel love interest for his women be incredibly sincere and devoted to yet another woman Yun Che has a liking for the Ling father and son, the burning heaven young master anyone of them would have married just one of them and been on cloud nine for life. but in the end they were left with no women so really weather this guy had 1 wife hell if he was with a million women at once no difference would be made.

Ludicrous that is the same as saying if he married a million women and slept with them once in lifetime he loved each and everyone in his own way.

Harem was never meant reasonably for plot purposes split past 5 at most, 3 the most optimal number. when you get into doubt digits it is simply senseless.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2018
  13. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    If you marry the MC, you are gonna stay alive till the end. Or at least come back to life in the end.
    I see no reason why in a survival format, women won't throng towards the MC.

Blame the author, not the character.

14. AYUSH Barnwal

AYUSH Barnwal Member

Reading List:
    Link

One of the reasons for me to neglect a lots of novel(including BTTH)

15. Fluffy Jellyfish

Reading List:
    Link
    More pressing matters? from the start of the novel the only pressing matters I see are whether there are other women out there possible for YC to capture, or how will he boost his strength.

Romance isn't considered a major part in a novel that focuses on MC's journey through eternity, but when the Author just basically choose to abandon the development on one heroine and depicted the MC as a horny bastard, I don't know if the readers actually can't complain anything about it

16. Emperor avalon

Emperor avalon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing ludicrous here. Saying that you can't love several women at the same time is as ludicrous as saying that you can't love your sister, your mother and your father at the same time. Love is not a finite thing. You can and you do love several people at the same time. And for the millions people thing, YC harem is not even in the double digit yet so its still believable.

17. AYUSH Barnwal

AYUSH Barnwal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not all;like MC's of
    1. WQDK
    2. The great ruler
    3. The god king
    4. The Magus era,etc

18. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    See i wouldnt give a damn about XQ marrying some other bloke because YC is a seriously fukboi who gives zero shits about any of his harem members and only really takes care of them because they are his property and he dont want other people to move in on his territory. Thats basically all it is at this point. Now if the harem was more about women liking him for his power or looks then i wouldnt mind at all since in that kinda world both of those things together are pretty important to women. Shallow but still.But this fukken author pretty much goes on and makes the harem about their feelings and how they fall in love with him--but its only a very thin veneer that isnt pursuasive at all. Its like he half-asses the romance and feelings so much that you hate to even call it that. When for a character like YC you should just make the harem be more about circumstance, or about them wanting his power or looks or babies.

Making it about their feelings for him and then him just going out collecting other women make you hate the MC. For the first situation you would like him because he's a playboy and its not really his fault, cant dislike him since hey its all casual in the first place so there isnt any reason to hate him or the women that want him. The latter situation you cant stand him cuz he apparently makes all these women love him and says he cares about them too but his actions dont show anything but territorial possessiveness while also making you hate the women who fall for him cuz you think they are shallow bitches--you dont think of the women in the first situation negatively since they arent naive, they know what they want and are unapologetic of it so it works out.

Point is, yeah, none of us should care about her moving on from that little shithead. I hope all his women get cucked away from him. Maybe if he hadnt made the choice to make a doll collection i would side with him but nah. Just not that moon king dickhead since he's just as bad too.

Sabruness likes this.
  19. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't read ATG for a while, but like many cultivation novels, despite the MC treating them maybe not the best and not always stopping with just one, they still tend to treat them way better than 99% of all other males (the 1% being true love couples who would rather die together than one of them abandoning or surviving the other)

20. Fluffy Jellyfish

Reading List:
    Link
    The author depicted the character, which i agree to blame the author. But as the reader of the story, I think ranting about the character is also a part of it.

Sabruness likes this.