Discussion USA and gun

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Demonic Poring, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Rickymex

Rickymex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I live in Texas in a pretty minority neighborhood and carrying guns like your friend does isn't the norm. He is either super pro gun or paranoid.

Mnotia likes this.
  2. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Am i too optimistic thinking that human can try to retaliate as long as its not an instant hit?

3. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
  4. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    But when people have guns it's way easier for them to kill people (or themselves, thanks god for darwinism :blobparty: )

5. Viator

Viator [Cult of Pyoo: Pyoo's Oak Tree]

Reading List:
    Link
    And here I just committed mass murder with a spoon... If you count pudding as people. Sometimes I pretend my food screams. :blobowoevil_horns:

But yeah, nothing to be freaked out over. Speaking in a very general sense, if you know everyone around you has a gun, you're also a lot less likely to use it for nefarious means, or be stupid. I can understand why you'd be concerned, not everybody is comfortable with guns, but it really is no big deal. I come from a state where carrying firearms is common. It's very law-abiding and peaceful. I've never felt afraid.

Mnotia and MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN like this.
  6. MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN

MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN Planet sized warrior Tony without wisdom teeth

Reading List:
    Link

:( you posted it already

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Mnotia likes this.
  7. Galison

Galison Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would this scare me? The us isnt even number 1 in gun deaths.
    https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsa...lence-how-the-u-s-compares-to-other-countries

And in the us gun deaths aren't even the cause of most homicides. With most gun related deaths being suicides and not homicides.

Sir heart disease is like the number 1 cause of death in the us so statistically that frying pan is more dangerous then any gun(gsg-522) I happen to own.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2018
  8. Harfang

Harfang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would love to be able to carry a sword around.
    Very useful to cut cheese.

9. MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN

Reading List:
    Link
    It would be nice if it wasn't being infringed upon.

10. Kaminomikan

Kaminomikan 神のみ感

Reading List:
    Link
    if you means that instant hit as being shot, then yeah you are being to optimistic, just the action of having a gun being pointed, freeze a great % of ppl, plus if the one with the gun is trained and keep the distance from target the chance of no getting shot is near 0, the sound of the shot will cloud the mind and if you get grazed by the bullet the psychological impact is heavy.

11. SolInvictus

SolInvictus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Very true. For your consideration though, the question isn't "wouldn't the world be a better place without the initiation of violence?" because the answer (for every rational and productive human) is obviously "yes" but, it isn't.
    So, until such a time as the police and the military can prevent every single act of the initiation of violence, there are 2 questions -

"should a person be allowed to defend themselves when the police can't?"

"if there is a tool that allows them to do so, should they be allowed to own it?"
    If your ultimate belief is that people shouldn't be armed at all because of all the negative repercussions then that philosophy should be consistent and hold true throughout. That is, you would also then be admitting that neither the police nor the military should be armed because their guns also find a way into the wrong hands and have negative repercussions.

You should then trust your unarmed country to whims of every other country or organisation on the planet. In the same way that you would disarm a citizen and have them put their lives in faith that none of the millions of citizens will do them harm. That's my reasoning, separate from the convoluted politics of the issue.

12. MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN

Reading List:
    Link
    I open carry my frying pan then I crack a few........... eggs with it.
    https://www.populationpyramid.net/united-states-of-america/2015/
    https://www.populationpyramid.net/united-kingdom/2015/

https://bearingarms.com/patrick-r/2018/04/06/man-arrested-for-murder-for-defending-himself/
    he didn't need a gun for the robbers.

https://brilliantmaps.com/us-gun-deaths/

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2018
  13. SolInvictus

Reading List:
    Link
    No, he didn't but, are you suggesting that a knife is more effective (i.e., less risky to you) when dealing with armed gunmen than...a gun? I'm certain that there is one case where an old lady defended herself with a small fluffy cat but, I wouldn't suggest trying that yourself- kittens are moody.

14. RizYun

RizYun #Kaffee4Laifu

Reading List:
    Link
    since colonial and even cowboy era, civilian need to bring a weapon(mainly gun) since they live at place that not really safe. since they stole the land from the native people anyway...

Ai chan and KingOfDreams like this.
  15. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that weapons should be under strict control but they should also be logged whenever someone purchases one.

Cases involving murder by firearm should be looked at so we can distinguish if it was self defense or flat out murder.

16. MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN

Reading List:
    Link
    No I'm saying he needed it for his government more than the robbers.

17. Viator

Viator [Cult of Pyoo: Pyoo's Oak Tree]

Reading List:
    Link
    There are lots of ways to kill a person, and lots of opportunities to bring death. Removing guns from civilians would do very little to halt violent crime. Do I wish for a world without guns and full of peace? Of course. But Pandora's Box has been opened. A majority of the petty criminals, are cowards who would only be emboldened by people who couldn't defend themselves against their power. Yes there are psychos who want to die, and want to take as many people with them as they can, this won't stop by removing legal means of providing guns. And the criminals will always have access to guns in one form or another. I hope I never have to use a gun against another person. But if there ever comes a day where I was assaulted to the point where I need one, I would be glad to have it. This is my personal opinion, but I will stop here lest I risk becoming political, a taboo on NUF

Also I'm a cripple... I have very little physical means to protect myself. For me, being trained with a firearm is a good equalizer.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  18. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    It's good that you are a rational human being that understand that death related to guns would statistically be very unlikely. Then why do people feel the need to buy a gun? Why do you feel the need to own a gun?

If you just own a gun because you like them or you think they're cool then that's totally fine with me. I don't have anything against actually owning a gun.

Ai chan likes this.
  19. MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN

Reading List:
    Link
    The fake natives died to diseases.
    anyone else getting errors?

20. SolInvictus

Reading List:
    Link
    If the world had no criminals then it would be correct to say that guns aren't necessary for self-defence. If we lived in a time like 'Minority Report' where every crime could be solved, or better yet, prevented before it happened then fine.

But (i) there are criminals and (ii) the police are unable to stop all of them. Should we invest in reducing crime? - yes but, while crime exists should a person be armed to protect themselves?

If you and your loved ones were being robbed by 3 armed people in the middle of the night (or any other time really) would you yourself rather not have a gun?

King0Mik and MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN like this.