Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have some problems with the pacing of the story sometimes but I thought this particular chapter was fine. There are a bit too many chapters without much real movement but the Kanako section was good. The Van section was rather slice-of-life but at least we saw him doing a variety of things. Van sure is busy even on what he considers to be a rest day.

She's definitely interesting. All the gods here are quite nicely characterised as well but I particularly enjoy her personality. Shame we don't have more female goddesses to compare her to - will be interesting to see Botin and Peria.

It's interesting to read the 3rd arc summary entries on Alda and Vida:
    https://lightnovelbastion.com/release.php?p=852

The author has hardly been subtle about it when you consider some of the discussions here over the last few months.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here. Alda should be aware that Van is guiding souls to Vida's system, though perhaps he only got that info from Rodcorte.

2. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Threat? You mean thread right?.
    It's still to early to give conclusion. There many factor we must give analysis. Maybe his second growth after Van hits puberty is not complete, Maybe Van needs to take Mixer Guider Job/ certain job, Maybe Van needs to take Demon King piece, Maybe Van need his other part in origin,Maybe Van must have sex with his Harem,Maybe he need some skill or divine protection. So many factor we must see before we can make conclusion.

3. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    I just need confirmation. I thought bakacorte didn't give this information in fear alda will abonden him.

4. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Vida give her blood to Van and Darcia. alda bleeding after Van destroy his Stake of Law and his dungeon.

5. Culaio

Culaio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oops yup meant thread ;p

but yeah just wanted to confirm if there is any more info.

thanks for info, what did van do with the blood he got ?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    hillo315 likes this.
  6. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Van given blood by Vida when he reincarnated. Vida give Blood again when Van meet her and Vida give her blood to resurect Darcia.

hillo315 likes this.
  7. Culaio

Culaio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So he didnt drink her blood, but it was used for something else ?

sorry for all the questions I am just trying to confirm if van drinked god's blood yet.

hillo315 likes this.
  8. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm. Definitely possible but I wouldn't assume it. He is perceptive about how strong people are so he could quite possibly pick up her improved status values. But he specifically says that the mood/atmosphere around her has changed but on further reflection he simply seems to be picking up a big improvement. He doesn't compare it to charm/allure or something like that so I'm not sure he's picking up the exact same thing as Doug.

On the other hand, if we consider how "professional" Randolph typically is, his reaction is absolutely huge. If we consider their respective characters, he actually has a bigger reaction than Doug. So on the one hand his reaction feels a bit too big for it to be purely about her status values but on the other hand I don't get much of a sense of an emotional connection from him.

Counting down the days to the next chapter...

hillo315 likes this.
  9. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, his cannibalism skills leveled up after he ate his own hulked out left arm with the demon king's jaws to pump up his stats before jumping into the poison sea after the first Gohn fight, and then when he took the Destruction Guider job. Meanwhile, there was no change at all when he ate Thunder Giant Son. So while it may include gods (again, theoretically Cannibalism skills could work on all sorts of things), there's been no evidence so far that it does.

Yes and no. Beast Kings, Dragon Gods and True Giants, gods who have descended into a physical avatar, and any other gods who have actual physical bodies of course have actual blood. "Ascended" gods can bleed, but their blood, like the rest of their bodies, are a metaphysical representations of their soul, so it's not blood in the standard sense. To give you an illustration of this, Vida gave Van her blood to help with Darcia's resurrection, which turned into a crystalized gem, which no "normal" blood could ever do.

Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  10. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Well Van drink Darcia Blood and Gain Augmented life force(Vitality) if i am not wrong

hillo315 likes this.
  11. Culaio

Culaio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well darcia is not a god if I am not mistaken(well who know what will happen with her in the future), so Van didnt drink any god's blood I see

12. heiro001

Reading List:
    Link
    Vida's actual blood went straight into Van's (side chapter 5) and Darcia's (chapter 177) souls. For Van, it and the lingering regrets in Zakkart's corpse caused him to regain his warped soul form (4 faces, multiple human body parts etc.), regain his consciousness when he was less than a year old, and have much faster stat and skill growth. For Darcia, it at least granted her her [Divine Protection of Vida] unique skill, and is probably at least partially responsible for all her high level vitality and life attribute skills, and becoming a chaos elf instead of reviving as a dark elf again. Van has never literally drunk a in a divine realm god's blood, just the blood of various god incarnations and mortal gods. :blobtongue:

such as this case where he drank Darcia's, who again became an incarnation of Vida thanks to absorbing Vida's "blood" into her soul.

hillo315 likes this.
  13. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Perhaps you were just being brief but it took more than Darcia getting Vida's blood to become "incarnation of Vida" - Vida specifically spent a lot of time with Darcia's soul to give Darcia the biggest, baddest divine protection she could... which is basically what the "incarnation of Vida" skill is.

Reman Scimitar, hillo315 and heiro001 like this.
  14. heiro001

Reading List:
    Link
    Just being brief. :blobsweat_2: That side plot where Darcia trains with all the gods and angels to become the world's strongest mom is honestly still one of my favorites. Especially Vida's laid back version of "training" to be on her wavelength. (looking at each other and holding hands! :blobfearful:)

hillo315 likes this.
  15. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Stuff did happen this chapter. Besides, not every chapter can be action-packed, because that would be unrealistic. Death Mage isn't pure shounen fight scenes, after all. A slower pacing is also occasionally needed to appeal to readers who prefer things that way.

I'm not sure if Densuke used the concept as inspiration, but Vida and Darcia seem to at least partly embody the Eternal Feminine, which Darcia uses to keep Van from going ax-crazy when he loses his temper.

Vida's blood is of very high quality, by the way. If you can use it for something else instead, simply drinking it could be considered wasteful. That's how good it is.

Van is a workaholic. Even on a rest day, we will never see him sit back and relax for once.

Van is immune to charm anyway. Of course he wouldn't compare it to something like that.

Van: "Watch as I grow even more powerful than before!" *noms own arm* :cookie:

Heh. That's similar to what Van did for Kanako, Doug, and the other one in order to apply Guidance. Except Van's version involves earthly delights, while Vida's version gets the oxytocin flowing.

Reman Scimitar likes this.
  16. Culaio

Culaio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True, but there is a chance van would gain access to some new job/s after drinking god's blood , opening new possibilities is always good.

hillo315 likes this.
  17. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    ...and what's the first job Darcia takes? Mahou shoujo (magical girl)! :aww:

Fortunately they're not overly perfect (ie boring). I'm not sure if Darcia falling for a womanising hoodlum vampire would fit into the normal definition of that term, heh. Vida's slight "boke" (airhead) side cracks me up as well.

The context of the discussion is Randolph not Van... though he might be immune as well.

18. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    That left Vida utterly perplexed. :blobxd:

Whatever do you mean? :blobtongue:

I meant that Van should not be used in a comparison involving mental effects like charm, because he isn't affected by such things.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Reman Scimitar likes this.
  19. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Ironically Van has an OC case being shown before us readers lol and there are several harems that do end up having a family member in it such as To-Love-Ru and That Person, Later On... (Idr if any harem novels had MC's mother in the harem, I know some had the wife's mother in it). ( https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-an-oedipal-complex-2795403 )

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  20. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Is marry your mother forbidden in Vida Religion?