Discussion Sword Art Online Volume 9-18 binge reading complete!

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Lazriser, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading the Volumes 9 to 18 with 18 being roughly/machined translated, I am finally done with the Alicization arc after I got hyped watching Episode 1 of the Alicization adaptation. Yes, I am an anime-only for Volumes 1 to 8 including side Volumes, but never mind that.

This is definitely the best and longest arc of Sword Art Online due to how bloody, realistic (in a virtual sense), and grim this arc was including how the Incarnate System from Accel World came to be begins in the Alicization arc. And here I thought the Incarnate System in Accel World was awesome but now knowing where it origins came from, I must say, the start of something beautiful for our characters in Accel World came from the sacrifice of many souls in Underworld. Ah, truly a tragedy but it was necessary for the timelines since without this tragedy, there would be no Accel World. I do wonder what happened to Underworld in Accel World timeline.

Oh, almost forgot, I need someone to clarify about the fight between Gabriel Millers and Kirito's Incarnates. The fight almost became planetary since it affected everything in Underworld, with Gabriel Millers Abyss Incarnate and Kirito's Incarnate which was similar to Goku's Spirit Bomb in nature (not attack) but with the difference of changing the very skies itself. So how did Gabriel lose against Kirito exactly, since Volume 18 was roughly translated, so I only got vague understanding overall.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  2. Zackarov

Zackarov ~ Cheese Bear ~

Reading List:
    Link
    and here I'm waiting for next year to binge-watching all episodes

3. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Alicization is 24 episodes I checked. So you got to wait for at least 23 weeks (four months) until its complete, then you can binge.

4. pirateking36

pirateking36 [[-Worst King-]]

Reading List:
    Link
    52 episodes

5. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    52?! :blobastonished: Last time I checked at Anichart, Sword Art Online Alicization is 24 episodes.

6. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-n...ne-alicization-set-to-be-aired-for-four-cours
    Considering 1 cour is 12-13 episodes, then we will be getting 48-52 episodes.
    So basically, you are waiting for a whole year to binge it since 4 cours equal to 12 months or longer if it's 13 episode per cour.

7. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless they are digging for their graves since they Hype Fans up so much globally, as most they will take breaks within 1-2 weeks between episodes, but not gonna go far as a "cancellation" or "permanent break".

9. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    A lot could happen over that much time, what if they don't do it exactly as the fans expected and receive massive criticism. You'd get a rushed ending like Bleach manga.

10. GreenCaps

GreenCaps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so care to spoil us how many side chicks he got in this new arc?

11. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think a single show has ever been cancelled mid run before. Delayed yes, but cancelled? Don't think so. Would have to check tho, maybe it was a thing back in the old days. Yeah seems to have happened back in the old days, doubt it would happen for such a popular show though, especially during its best arc. It's not bleach after all, that shit went down hill for years before it was cancelled

12. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, so it is 52 episodes, my bad but there is definitely break time in between, because ya know~ Japan~
    Four; childhood friend, farm girl, senior girl, and junior girl. Probably including counterpart girl, and knight girl, which makes it six overall if I'm stretching, oh and even more girls (dozens or hundreds) in the epilogue in the 200 year stay.

13. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if they scheduled it that way but bleach anime ended pretty abruptly after the fullbring arc. They could've done more seasons but i guess there wasn't enough demand at that point of time.

14. Frostfire10

Frostfire10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

15. DJK13

DJK13 [NUF's DJ][Ruler of Nightmares] [Keeper of Dreams]

Reading List:
    Link
    I read as far as 15/16 when it was first translated over 4 years ago, but might need to refresh my memory of the entire Alicization arc, and was wondering where exactly did you read it?
    I want to binge read it in the next month before getting invested in the anime...

16. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    PDF downloads through the Internet. Though I don't know if I got the official or fan TL, but I would prefer the fan, since official seems to have mistakes and changes how characters are addressed or spelled.

17. DJK13

DJK13 [NUF's DJ][Ruler of Nightmares] [Keeper of Dreams]

Reading List:
    Link
    Which sites do you recommend as I've recently been doing more korean and chinese, and little of the japanese.....

18. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, sorry, I don't read Korean, Chinese, or Japanese TL. I only read the English TL which could be mostly found in SAO subReddit or any site you can just open in the first links after searching "SAO *file format* Volumes Download*.

19. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah anime went on Hiatus to give the mangaka time to finish the story. The show was doing omega poorly at the time so they figured it was better to do that than to pull a 2003 full metal alchemist.

20. vanlinh2055

vanlinh2055 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    SAO is really really interesting, this 's the best anime I have ever met