Question Experimental Log of the Crazy Lich Unresolved questions

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by argidoll, Oct 13, 2018.

1. argidoll

argidoll Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I'm planning on doing a story quest based on Experimental Log of the Crazy Lich (in another forum), and I've run into some questions concerning weird translation issues I don't think anyone has addressed. Spoilers ahead, though these questions are mostly directed at people who read the raws, or translators.

1. What is the timeline of the story? Roland first incarnated around 300 years ago, but the timeline between and around chapters is mostly scattered throughout the text. Can someone put everything together please?

2. What are "Great Demons"? They appear to be some kind of species separate from normal demons in the abyss, is this confirmed? Are they the equivalent of Tieflings? I don't know! Please tell me.

3. How many nations are mentioned? specifically, how many mega-empires are there? Not just human, but of other species too, both underground and aboveground, as of the beginning of the series. Thus far, I only know Bardi, Auland, and San Antonio aboveground, Iron City... and Xiluo Empire underground. None of the original Underground Autarchs (cannon fodder) ever had named capitals.

4. What is the deal with Goblins, Gnomes, and Dwarfs? The translators switch halfway through, and I have no idea which insane exploding shorty is which species.

5. All major personages in each major power? I don't think we've been introduced to several members of Xiluo's senators, we're missing several of the 18 mage country factions. This is definitely nitpicky and difficult of me, but I kind of need this information.

6. Straight spoilers. The official translation has only made it halfway through, so I need spoilers for the rest of the story. What happens after the establishment of Roland's new world? Who are the major players on each side? What's the name of Harloy's Dad? (What's Harloy's full name?) What happens? How does the story progress through the rest of the trials? I know some basics from the older spoiler thread, but these details are important for long term planning.

Thank you for bearing with me, and maybe helping.

2. iBakax3

iBakax3 [Baka Ranger]

Reading List:
    Link
    I only read the TL, so I may not be accurate.

3. I think goblin and dwarf are different species. Dwarf are good at blacksmithing, goblin at alchemy/chemical related stuff. As for gnome, I think its used interchangeably with one of these 2 species

4. I assume that Great Demons are originally demons, but ascended/evolved. Or, they are a more primal form of demons

3. boop

boop Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    These are generally hard to answer questions since you asked for specific things in a novel where it jumps around a lot partially to increase word count

2. - far as i can tell (only getting to the great demons now in the story) the great demons were inhabitants of eich that were forced out during a holy war and not like the other demons that continuously kill and die to reincarnate in the lower plane.

4. gnomes make things that are magical explode - dwarves make mechanical items that explode goblins just make big explosives

4. iBakax3

iBakax3 [Baka Ranger]

Reading List:
    Link
    1. We know Roland had 4 Soul Imprints, that means he had 4 lives before the Roland we're reading right now.
    Prince Roland Mist: Isekaied from Earth to Eich as a Prince, born with Karwen. Tried to implement scientific advances from Earth only to find many already existing in some other form. Got "sent" to Holy Light Church for training. Surrounding countries ganged up and annexed Mist Country to leave it dying against Babarian Front but failed. So countries took it into their own hand, Roland died and Karwen descended into Abyss. End of Life 1, Son of Holy Light acquired

2. Roland Blackhand. Went to Mage Association to study for revenge. Started Southern Sect. Met Amelia, Evelyn/Cher and Harloy. Apprenticed under Amelia and studied under Harloy. Ignored Evelyn and developed feelings for Cher. Cher backstabbed him, Evelyn sacrificed herself, Blackhand goes into rage and created Lust. Blackhand proceeded to take revenge against the plotters in Life 1. Died somewhere, somehow (unknown as of now)
    End of Life 2, Ice Treader acquired

3. Rolo the Adventurer
    Trained up Adam. Went on adventure with Lisa, Margaret, Adam, Xiao Hong. Probably discovered that Holy Church was involved. Abandoned team and fought against Holy Church himself. Died, came back as Lich and declared chuuni statement and changed his name into chuuni one. Conducted insane experiments regarding souls. Lisa died, changed Roland's heart on bringing Undead Calamity. Magaret and Adam "killed" Roland.
    End of Life 3. Crown of Dead/Infallible Diffindor acquired

4. Roland the Judge
    Magaret discovered Roland faking death. Adam and her imprisoned him in Sulfur City. Roland got bored and started a law system. People who can't be dealt by law are assassinated and covered up. Sulfur city slowly developed into ita current state. Somehow created Law Concept along the way. Killed himself in order to not become God, let a fragment of himself become Wumianzhe instead.
    End of Life 4. Law Soul Imprint acquired

5. Roland Mist, current MC

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  5. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    to add to this
    he died again then got reincarnated and died again and finally reincarnated and is now part wood spirit on earth

6. Damsell in Distress

Damsell in Distress Waiting for dashing MC to save me from myself

Reading List:
    Link
    wutt..??
    :hmm:

7. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    basically:
    • His body#5 died then he got reincarnated on a new body
    • Body #6 died once more together with karwen then they got reincarnated again but this time they have part wood spirit on their bloodline and that karwen is now a girl
    • Body #7 = part wood spirit
    Extras: Karwen and Roland is actually the same person, but got split up when Chaos Goddess and Order Goddess fought with each other on who to possess Roland.during the time he is being conceive on his Body #1
    Extras #2: Roland is actually a creation/child of Chaos Goddess that got sent to Earth in order for her to use him to kill Order Goddess.

AkeShiro likes this.
  8. Damsell in Distress

Reading List:
    Link
    dafuq
    So complicated..
    Hahahaha

If you don't mind can you spoiled me a bit the ending of beifeng..
    Oh and who is the one behind mist country fall..??

9. AkeShiro

AkeShiro Blanket Master

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you, u've enlightened me.

10. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    Beifeng made a sun god (an ancient eagle ish beast) into his wife then afterwards the sun god took Beifeng out of Eich and went on honeymoon and when he is returning to Eich he got distracted on a beastman planet.

In the end Beifeng became a god and he has tons of church spreads out on multiple world and his followers taught people of Beifeng's teaching. (lol he even has followers in Earth)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    Damsell in Distress likes this.
  11. Damsell in Distress

Reading List:
    Link
    dafuq...

12. AkeShiro

AkeShiro Blanket Master

Reading List:
    Link
    I think u need less dafuq. for lots of reason

13. Damsell in Distress

Reading List:
    Link
    Shpuld I
    should I cursed with beifeng then..??

AkeShiro likes this.
  14. AkeShiro

AkeShiro Blanket Master

Reading List:
    Link
    great idea! lol

15. carnwennan

carnwennan White Hilt Divine Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    @Narberal, can you detail a bit more about Roland later deaths?
    I mean, the Arbiter's bloodline was such a big thing back then and now you are saying he died (several times) later on?