LCD Library of Heaven's Path

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Kagamiya, Dec 24, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If he knew that the principal was in the statue, then why wouldn't he have destroyed it long ago?

It occurs to me that only someone with plot armor as thick as the MC's could realistically be expected to have made it here at his cultivation level. That being the case, how did Kong-shi expect anyone to ever be able to become a saint after reaching that place and not before?

Also, why would the demons think that this place would allow them to break through the barrier between worlds? It's pretty clear that the two aren't connected in any real way other than having been made by the same person. Did he lie so that they'd work harder at freeing him? If so, then he'd just be tortured and killed as soon as he got home.

I wonder if these guys will also voluntarily decide to not tell anyone about the MC's status, and if the two that were trapped here for so long will finally pull their heads out of their a**es and tell the MC who it is at the headquarters that he absolutely can't trust. Though, if the latter happened, I might just die of shock.

Dart likes this.
  2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C1081: "Let's move quickly then. Otherwise, once the Skyleaf King lays his hands on the old principal, it'll be too late for regrets." Why woudln't the SK have arrived already? It's extremely fast and they wasted a ton of time on pointless arguments.

I wonder if the Spirit God is Kong-shi.

"I will immediately release Zhang Yinqiu and not harm him and his comrades within the next twenty-four hours." Does he not realize that this phrasing means that he can't even defend himself if he's attacked? More importantly, does the author not realize it?

Um, so what? Even if he controls the domain, he can't act against them thanks to the vow he just made. The MC will have killed him long before said vow wears off.

C1082: Ah, that explains why SK said that they could remove the seal if the demons came and rescued him.

lol. His clone has a definite attitude problem. I blame the MC for sticking him in the ring all the time. It must be super boring in there.

barashkafromro likes this.
  3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    lol. I love that response the inner demon ;)

Though, it's a bit odd that the tribulation is using generic inner demons rather than ones specific to the cultivator. It feels kinda lazy really.

4. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But the MC doesn't have any inner demons of his own.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure he does. The Innate Fetal Poison, or possibly his relationship with Luo-shi, or maybe something left over from his old world, or possibly concerns about his students' current status. There's lots of stuff that could be brought up to disturb him, though I'm not sure if any of it's strong enough to shake his confidence, or whatever it is that this tribulation is supposed to accomplish in order to kill him.

6. Inuzuka

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure the Soul Ordeal just wiped out what was left of the Innate Fetal Poison.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? I missed where it said that.

8. droolingsnorlax

droolingsnorlax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You didn't miss anything, It didn't happen

9. Inuzuka

Reading List:
    Link
    It was an assumption, considering how the poison feared and fled from the lightning when the MC was previously refining his soul with the orb.

10. droolingsnorlax

Reading List:
    Link
    The two times ZX had the chance to talk to Kong shi, he is disturbed by Ruoxi

11. Inuzuka

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh good, the Innate Fetal Poison is still a thing he needs to take care of. *sarcasm*
    What the hell is this poison if it can persist after a bloody lightning tribulation and subsequent sacred energy healing...

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C1086: "My cultivation is at Saint realm 1-dan, but my true fighting prowess should be comparable to a Saint 3-dan pinnacle expert. With my current strength, I should be able to easily defeat Feng Xun at peak condition! Zhang Xuan thought in excitement."

So, he didn't get any stronger then? 'Cause, he was already totally capable of beating up saint three dans, including Feng Xun.

If the platform's residual energy from Kong-shi's ascension from several thousand years ago was enough to vaporize the Skyleaf King quickly enough that he didn't dare to try to kill the MTs while it was shining, then why wasn't standing next to the MC as he ascended in the exact same way enough to do the same? Shouldn't the radiant energy have been several dozen if not thousand times stronger?

C1087: That foreshadowing isn't subtle at all. I wonder if Luo Ruoxin and her clan are demons, traitors to mankind, or just power mad b****ds. Also curious if they're responsible for Kong-shi's death/disappearance.

Also wonder if the MC will ever get around to making a book on her. I'm kinda doubting it'll happen before she and/or her family betrays him.

I wonder if the LoHP is the Spring and Autumn Codex.

C1088: Ah, so he's already betrothed to her. I wonder if she's the one that poisoned his mother, or if the Zhangs did that in the hopes that he'd develop exactly the way that he has.

Plot protected. It's like plot armor, but more temporary. Well, if you can even call this series' plot a plot in the first place, which honestly feels a bit overly generous.

13. droolingsnorlax

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it definitely isn't her since she is supposed to be around the same age as him and that means she was at most an infant at that time

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that's certainly her appearance, but this is a cultivation novel. Increased longevity should mean decreased aging. Unless this is the crappiest kind of immortality where your aging never slows down, she could easily be over a hundred.

That said, I think it's more likely that his family poisoned him to try to attract the attention of the library so that they could seize it from him.

15. droolingsnorlax

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean in most novels they have people who look young, middle aged and old man despite all of them being millions of years old, It's generally just how much authority the author wants you to think they have that affects their appearance. And despite all that people can generally tell the age by just by looking

I read all the posts here but generally avoid posting because I'm reading the mtl now, so I wanna avoid accidental spoilers

16. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in most xianxia, the person won't age older unless he reached "his age"/total lifespan.
    for example if a person extends his life from 100 to 200, then he would look like 50 at 100 years old.

in ISSTH however, breakthrough = people become younger in proportion to their age which is kinda a joke if u think about it, because issth have people lifespan going into the thousands yet nobody ever becomes how a ten year old kid. we had scenes of old looking people reaching a breakthrough and then their face becoming youth again ~_~

cant really explain it well but i think you will get it.

17. droolingsnorlax

Reading List:
    Link
    I know that's how they are supposed to age, but it is not how it actually happens in many of the novels though. Many novels have completely immortal beings who still have different appearances for example. I am too lazy to think of any examples right now so I'll just let it be

Also is there really any point of having to spoiler tag every post anymore? Anyone who visits this thread is going to be looking to discuss the latest chapter anyway, and there aren't going to be anymore free chapters so that really can't be used as an excuse

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Not bad, you are still able to qualify as an 8-star master teacher in the end." I wonder if it's the translator or the author that keeps messing this up.
    Honestly, I'm not sure. I just do it because it's part of NUF's rules as far as I know. Personally, I don't think there's much point other than that. If a mod decided to weigh in and say "don't bother" then I'd probably stop.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C1095: Wouldn't she windup accidentally poisoning their souls if she kept fragments of them inside her own?

lol. They should know better than to let him travel around the city on his own, especially when he's going to a guild ;)

I wonder if he can become a Spirit Awakener and then use that as a cover for his Soul Oracle abilities. Also curious if the Spirit Awakeners are actually Soul Oracles in disguise.

C1096: Yep, I knew that was going to smoothly. It almost looked like he wouldn't learn the occupation better than the guild master or slap any faces. It was quite strange really.

C1097: Hmm, I wonder if he'll get some kind of reward for wiping out those bandits.

C1098: I wonder if enchanting that pillar is the test to become the guildmaster or something ;)

That aside, I wonder why the master teachers haven't tried to incoporate the spirit awakeners' techniques into their own job. It sounds like something that would be extremely useful for any teacher, especially those in poorer kingdoms.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C1099: I have a strong feeling that he's enchanting the whole building...

lol. I knew it. I wonder if this will windup being a good thing for them though. A sentient building can likely help them to protect themselves after all. Though, they'll need to upgrade the rest of the building. It's really not strong enough if it gets into a fight.

C1100: How many times are we going to see this same event repeated?

C1101: "He couldn't even withstand the might of a random woman within the Xuanxuan Faction, so how incredible would their top-notch expert be?" She's the only saint 1 dan in the faction. In what way is she a "random woman" or not a "top-notch expert"? Just how much of a misogynistic pig is this b****d?

barashkafromro and justmehere like this.