Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who thinks that when Van becomes death, Mei will become a goddess of death (or priestess temporary) under him at some point?

I call it "death" not the God of death because I think at the end of DM he will be death not "the God of death" but a concept, like in, I want to say marvel? Dc? It's one of them anyway

thank you @jemini for pointing that out i would've just left it on without noticing. silly me:blobsweat:.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    hillo315 likes this.
  2. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    BTW: With everyone except Kathrene over there stating they are going to delete their comments on that subject, I decided to delete my own as well.

hillo315 likes this.
  3. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    At the risk of sounding as ignorant as I really am, what are you talking about? :blobpeek:

4. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    I made a mistake and put the my previous comment about Mei in the non spoiler comments section we where just clearing up the leak is all. All comments concerning it except one which is just three shocked emojis have been deleted.

hillo315 likes this.
  5. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Kinda high hoping it there? He wanted to have control of Ricklent's job system for things to go his way, so kinda doubt he'd let Vida run the reincarnation system (prob more than likely try and forcibly take over causing even more damage himself to Lambda and not even bother to recognize it).

Claus likes this.
  6. SnowDorian

SnowDorian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    at least for me the primordial gods (excluding Marduke, Zeno, etc.) of Lambda are very similar to the "endless" of Sandmen, are manifestations of their concepts while Vida hours seems like a great Mother protecting her offspring at other times she looks like a passionate maiden , while Alda represents law and order he has a bureaucratic personality, very attached to traditions, he is very trustworthy when all is well, but completely useless and with problematic certainty when creativity and flexibility are necessary ... so long as he is not deposed and the world enter the axes with the ideas he repudiated implanted he will never change his mind ... will never accept change to the circle of Vida and will never stop hindering technological development ...

7. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry, Heinz already started the ball rolling on shifting the entire world beneath Alda's feet, and now Van is following that up with the next big push. The only question is whether he will admit he's wrong and try to adapt, or get left behind in the dust and then crushed by the wheel of progress.

hillo315 likes this.
  8. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed. Right now, Alda considers Vida to be a danger to the world and to be insane. He doesn't like Rodcorte but puts up with him because Rodcorte's system is safe and reliable (things like Alda likes a lot). What he doesn't know is that Rodcorte has already tried to abandon Lambda once. In other words, currently Alda massively underestimates how big a threat Rodcorte is to the safety of Lambda. If/when Alda finds that out he might well appreciate why Vida created her own reincarnation system. If that and other things come out that cause Alda to conclude that Vida has been sane all along (just a bit the wild side) then he might come to appreciate why Vida did what she did (though I doubt he'd agree with everything she did) and then regret some of his previous actions.

This might be too optimistic though. After all, other things will be going on. However, the truth is out there so the possibility exists. While Alda is an arch-conservative I really doubt he'd prefer the world to be destroyed rather than admit Vida was right.

9. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    Alda doesn't really feel too happy about doing what he does. He just does what he believes is the best option. He's not prepared to admit that Vida is right, but I doubt he'd deny it when forced to confront the facts.

Bellwood, on the other hand...

10. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeps the problem is bellwood. bellwood is like someone in RL,

hillo315 likes this.
  11. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He would most likely try to make his own system

12. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, Rodcorte at least believes that Alda would try to seal him and take over Rodcorte's reincarnation system, similar to what he did with Vida and the life attribute.

13. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm willing to bet that Alda can't actually do that. He has no experience managing souls in large quantities. He also isn't a life attribute or death attribute god, which I'm sure would make the job easier.

Reman Scimitar likes this.
  14. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Irony is he stole life attritube, but if not mistaken, Vida reclaimed it by Van breaking his stakes of law and toxic Hero Belly's artifacts lol.

15. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    i thought she could only recover her injuries not her "pillar" in the world or would responsibilities in the world be more appropriate? so i don't think she is in charge of the life attribute and alda still has it but correct me if i'm wrong but i can't remember anything stating that vida had regained it.

Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  16. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    Alda is not very compatible with the life attribute, so he can't use it however he wants even with full authority over it.

Vida hasn't regained control over the life attribute. All she got back when she was freed was the freedom to use the power she had.

jubjub3000 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  17. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, I'd forgotten about that. Would be interesting to see that happen (Alda attacking Rodcorte).

Of course, if Alda can do it then so can Van... in theory. And Van would probably be more suited to it, particularly if he takes a few more of those scary sounding jobs (like Pale Rider).

Nope, Alda still has it.

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  18. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Random thought #1 When Van had the Demiurge job, his job level would rise naturally and it was presumed at the time that this was due to people praying to Van. I don't think the praying provided any other benefits to Van but maybe this will change when the god statues become available and/or Van gets some new/upgraded skills? Feels like foreshadowing of something at least, as has been discussed before.

Random thought #2 Van has introduced "gob-gob" food to the human world. To this date, goblins have been low value monsters but with them becoming a source of meat their value is rising, at least in places selling gob-gob. So if gob-gob spreads wide then goblins might start to become rather rare. IIRC that already happened to some degree around the cultivation villages Van helped. On Earth, some places have deliberately tried to turn "pests" or invasive species into a local delicacy/food to help combat the problem - it makes economic sense to try.

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  19. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    Experience was gained from worship for the Demiurge job only. It's unique to that job.

Van already have a skill that boosts status values based on worship, right? And worship probably unlocked the Demiurge job in the first place. How are those not benefits?

Goblins are known to reproduce quickly, right? Overhunting won't become a big issue right away.

Literally eating your problems is so quintessentially Van. :blobrofl:

jemini and Reman Scimitar like this.
  20. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Vida is by nature a goddess of life. She lost the life divinity, which means she no longer manages the life attribute in Lamba, but her nature as a goddess of life gives things like her blood if she gives it to someone the same properties that it would have otherwise, and her pillar priests, worshipers, and especially her Avitar Darcia, gain life-attribute related bonuses. All stealing the divinity affects is the scope of effect of her life attribute stuff as well as whether or not she has the responsibility to manage it.

So, like many other things, having her life divinity stolen may very well ultimately be an advantage for her. She doesn't have to dedicate time or effort to maintaining the life attribute, and therefore she is more free to use her power as she pleases (which will most likely mean dedicating it to maintaining the boundary around her territory.)

On that note, the barrier has a LOT of power to spare now between Van taking up the DK fragments and reviving Vida. Can't they start waking up some of those pure-breed vampires sometime soon due to no longer needing their help to maintain the barrier?

Claus, jubjub3000 and hillo315 like this.