Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically, it's another layer of reality.

The world isn't split between rational people and messengers. The world is split between rational people and Alda fundamentalists, but Mill herself does not advocate genocide. She encouraged Heinz to kill the Demon King, not Vida's races.

Yes, but it was Van's dream because Merrebeveil was trying to deliver a divine message. Van instead ended up in her divine realm because of the Abyss skill.

The evil god I was referring to is Schneider's party member.

But that's not how Rodcorte's system works. It just gives Rodcorte power based on how many souls pass through it. You don't have to believe in reincarnation to make it work.

I suspect it's proportional with the usefulness of perks from the system. So basically every time a job is chosen, whenever a skill is earned, whenever stats rise, etc.

Letting Heinz decide things for himself is the only way. Alda can't actually make Heinz do anything. Once Heinz decided that Van is technically a good guy, there is nothing the gods can do to convince him otherwise.

Mill is not trying to get Heinz to understand Van. She simply told Heinz some of Van's historic achievements and backstory. That's about it. Heinz does want to understand Van, but nobody in Alda's faction understands Van.

To clarify, Mill wasn't trying to praise Van when she said good things about him. She was just stating the facts.

They didn't realize the evil of their actions because they trusted Bellwood. You can't blame all of them for the fault of one person.

2. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think we should be surprised that those on Alda's side are not particularly competent and that there's plenty of evidence of this. After all, the world is certainly not in a good shape despite them being in charge for so long. Putting it another way, given the clear issues those in charge do have, it would be far more of a surprise if the world was in good shape. It's very common for "dictatorships" on Earth to be very poorly run or to have actual policies that harm their own stated goals.

For example, Alda doesn't want the population to grow any further - despite it being useful for helping the other gods recover etc. Much less forgiveable is how he doesn't want improvements in technology, society, way of life, governance etc. He seems to genuinely believe that Vida is a threat and has valid reasons for doing so but he seems more obsessed with persecuting her than seems reasonable/logical - he's generally seen her as a bigger problem (despite her side being very quiet for 100,000 years) than genuinely evil gods who are undermining society and actively causing harm right here right now. In other words - even if his beliefs about Vida were valid and correct his policies are still misplaced. He did genuinely seem to want to free Botin before giving up but having jumped to the conclusion that Van wants to kill her (based on no actual evidence) he's actively harming Botin's recovery.

On a completely different note... I wonder what Van's utopia will look like in 1,000 years. I wouldn't be surprised if most people actually live in artificially created dungeons. After all, you could probably create "floors" with an ideal environment given that it's possible to make floors that almost perfectly simulate reality. Endless ideal real-estate. Also, because of Van's dungeon teleportation cards, transport is cheap, quick, safe, reliable and simple for everyone. Van's factories are also very economical and ecological with little/no pollution. So long as they can be managed well, living conditions should be great.

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  3. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know why but i think Van will not make ideal floor for dungeon that not shelter . After all when Age of convinient or easy world coming it tend to make "Human" weaker.

4. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't think Van or vida will allow them to get weaker as a species they might do tournament like in re slime and have the strongest species or person become a noble and it doesn't just have to be about fighting, like what godwins species does.

5. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    And current Demon King is also a Vida Race, our neighborhood friendly Dhampir, and she knows that unless she guessed Guduranis came back then she's literally in the wrong line of work and should be Goddess of Prophecies, not Sleep. And she can't be Alda's main faction and sidelining the fight, we've seen subordinate gods in Alda's faction already doing what their head Gods and Goddesses wants them to do like Peria.

Then she had no reason to tell Heinz of Van's accomplishments or backstory to begin with and just straight up lie to his face. You cannot expect someone to understand them while being given information on them. Alda is prime example, he 'understands' Van is 'evil' from the information he has gathered from Mirg Shield Nation's failed invasion and counter-invasion as well as from both Yupeon's spirit clone's and Curatos' deaths.

Even if she stated facts, and isn't trying to praise him, in the end just by mentioning his good achievements is mere praise on its own.

They most likely did, and were probably willing to dirty their hands to 'protect' the future, otherwise someone from Alda's faction would've finally called them out and not just Pharmaun Gold.

6. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a pretty good theory actually. It is highly reminiscent of how enzymes work in the human body. Enzymes are catalysts that help chemical reactions that would normally only happen at hundreds of degrees Celsius to be possible at the much lower temperatures that allow for human life.

In the same way, the skill/jobs system catalyzes the increasing of an individual's physical strength as a result of benefits from their soul that theoretically are not normally possible otherwise. There is actually VERY strong evidence of this too in the form of Banda. Banda actually has ALL of the same abilities that Vandaleu has and has verified that he can use them at the same strength too, the only detriment being that he only has 100,000,000 mana (the same as Van's starting mana at birth, interesting, quite likely intentional too.) If these skills were actually reliant on the skills/jobs system, then you would expect him to loose those abilities when he goes to another world that doesn't have that system. The fact that he retains those abilities means that those abilities actually are his to keep even without the skills/jobs system.

Of course, Rodcorte's curse deprived Van of his same abilities when he went from Origin to Lamba. What we see has happened with Banda is a lot closer to what we could have expected to happen if he had been allowed to reincarnate normally.

hillo315 likes this.
  7. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    And we can only imagine what Vans status would have looked like without the curse. i can only imagine awakened curse magic but im sure there would be so much more, but probably nothing compared to what he has now, but one can imagine a timeline where he didn't have that curse, oh bless the adorable ball of abyssal dread.

Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  8. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    Heinz needs to know who he's up against. I think that's a good reason.

That depends. Van is ambitious enough to do everything Heinz wants to do, so an objective review of Van makes him sound favorable to Heinz. Alda and Bellwood, who don't like anything Van is doing, do not consider this praise.

What I find most frightening thing about Bellwood is that he knows how to make other people as bigoted as him. A big part of this mindset is rationalizing things that don't make sense from a flawed perspective. Alda's faction can easily shrug off heinous crimes by rationalizing them as "for the greater good". So Alda never realized his wrongdoing this entire time because he's been lying to himself, something that Bellwood taught him to do.

Giving a clone your skills is also a clever way of sidestepping Rodcorte's curses, especially the past life experience one. It was probably unintentional on Van's part, though, since Van isn't trying to live a fourth life through Bander.

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Reman Scimitar and Claus like this.
  9. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    You just agreed to what I've been saying about understanding Van lmao

Earth's Politicians and Dictators. Alda knows what he done was wrong, but neither will see to it since it's not his way or admit it even if nearly dead, it's his arrogance (we've seen loads of arrogance from him and Puny God since neither have done anything smart).

And on Bander's case, I'm curious if he can use Bander as a sponge on DA in Origin and reclaim it for himself.

Claus likes this.
  10. HiroBlaze

HiroBlaze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Instead of houses, each family or clan has their own personal dungeon. That's my biggest issue with Bellwood, he could have guided towards prosperity with industrial techniques friendly towards the environment. Similar to how Earth's nukes wouldn't work on Earth without adjustments, he could have changed the pollution heavy industry into more environmentally friendly options as a compromise with the creation champions.

The Origin side story is basically a simulation world of what would happen if Van reincarnated normally like you guys said. Instead of Pluto and Van there, you have Mei and Banda.

One reason why I think the Lambda gods need to manage the world like that is largely due to the fact of how the world was originally setup. They came into existence before the world and its people. They are kind of like Land Gods in Japanese terms.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  11. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    They born at the same time their world created after Black and White Gods defeat each other in Battle. Sometimes i wonder what kind Battle could make The world and Pillar Gods.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

hillo315 likes this.
  12. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't have a problem with the skills/jobs system basically editing the soul. If anything this is the actual in-world explanation:
    Where I have a problem is where the power/energy for those skills (and for status values) comes from. It has to come from somewhere (either externally or internally) and I don't think it's reasonable that souls can store/generate an infinite amount of energy without having any side-effects. Rodcorte's comments about the empty space within souls also suggests that they have a finite capacity/capability. I think it's reasonable that souls / the body can store some energy (else magic wouldn't work on Origin) but I don't see how that can scale to things on Lambda.

To be clear: this is not a complaint about the story. I'm just attempting to reason things out based on logic. I hope the author has at least thought about this sort of thing even if he hasn't yet explained the details. If it becomes directly relevant to the story then I would expect a detailed explanation.

Edit: To phrase it another way: as far as we can tell, Rodcorte can't simply edit people's souls to make them super-duper strong to kill Van. Surely he'd do it if he could. And he's the absolute expert on souls. Ricklent came up with a system where people can grow to become super-duper strong but he's not an expert on souls - he's an expert on magic.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  13. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    Hands up for all people who want van to turn talosheim into a giant floating fortress city that from the outside looks like a Borg shere and can both go to space and cross dimensions. :cookie::aww::blobhero:

Leekt222, anteopta, sjmcc13 and 2 others like this.
  14. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    I've suggested that Knocchen could become a flying citadel at some point...

I don't think Van would turn Talosheim into a military base/ship though since plenty of civilians live there. But if he could make huge huge amounts of death iron he could create a huge metal sphere with near perfect defence (something like a highly upgraded version of Quattro).

Naturally it would be called the Death Star :blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool:

jemini, Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  15. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    "We are the New Races of Vida, join us, resistance is futile.", -Van :blobrofl:

Should I mention Macross was a giant dreadnought mech and had civilians living in it lol, and looks like it's time to hunt more dungeons and strip them of their ores as well lol.

16. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    And why stop at one planet sized Vidal sphere when you can have an armarda of them. Blood for the blood God, Milk for the Korne flakes, assimilate to the Vidal empire!

Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  17. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    We don't know if Alda is a bigot because we haven't seen him forced to confront his own beliefs yet. We do know that Alda is arrogant, but he probably doesn't know that. Rodcorte is the only god we know is stupid enough to continue using ideas proven to not work.

The kind of battle intense enough to tear souls into numerous pieces.

I really like where this is going. :blobsmilehappyeyes:

"Blood for the blood God, Milk for the Korne flakes" is worth saving in my signature. :blobokhand:

Reman Scimitar likes this.
  18. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    I like it but I believe that if/When van creates his own reality(world) knochen will become the moon or lambda will have a second moon. But i can just imagine a world like lambda made out of dungeons the land death iron, the sky perpetual darkness, and the sea so rich in mana it's only populants are rank 13 and above.

I've ran out of ideas on this can someone expand

hillo315 likes this.
  19. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    I got it from lathland's from the depth campaign gameplay "quest for neter"

hillo315 likes this.
  20. Aqrabuamelu

Aqrabuamelu Member

Reading List:
    Link