Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Claus

Claus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can clearly see the son of Vandalieu and Tiamat becoming Marduke's successor.

If Vandalieu continues like this, perhaps he will be the father of the successors of the "Great Gods" who were broken down to 100,000 years ago.:blobowoevil_horns:

jubjub3000 and hillo315 like this.
  2. Sock.puppet10

Sock.puppet10 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ¿El dragón nacido como dracolich?

3. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Hah:blobconfused:

hillo315 likes this.
  4. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than any title Van's going to get, the much more scary thought is just how many titles is the child going to have upon birth!? I tried to think about it, and they are a candidate for at least 7 that I can think of off the top of my head and I think I could probably think of more if you gave me enough time.

[Child of Tiamat]
    [Child of Vandaleu]
    [God child]
    [Second coming of Marduk]
    [First prince/princess of Talosheim]
    [First prince/princess of the Vidal empire]
    [Dragon prince/princess]

Also, who wants to bet this dragon child gains more power by eating the bones of Marduk like Van eats DK parts?

hillo315, SnowDorian and Claus like this.
  5. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Going to be curious to see where the author goes with this.

Tiamat seemed quite certain that the child will be a "dragon". However, she's considered to be a dragon despite the top half of her body being in the shape of a (huge) human. In other words, it shouldn't be too much of a surprise if the child is similar. The three "parents" of the child are a true dragon (presumably), a "dragon" that is partly humanoid and a full humanoid (dhampier). Also, when gods and magic is involved, "genetics" and "inheritance" goes rather screwy, as we see between couples in the countries in the boundary mountain range where the species of the child depends on where the couple live. In other words, the author has already introduced plenty of scope for interesting results and I doubt he'd pass up the opportunity to introduce something unexpected. Perhaps the only reasonably safe prediction is that the child's natural form as an adult will be huge. Perhaps the child will have a transformation ability, which I don't remember any other species having. Dragon Magic Girl Princess incoming!?

The way things tend to go with Van, I'd be surprised if the child isn't female...

On the political side of things, it's not like Van will be under huge pressure to have an official successor. He's not going to die of natural causes. And if someone does manage to kill him there'll be bigger problems than worrying about the succession. On the other hand, once he does start having kids there'll be a natural desire for clarity on situation on succession. At the very least, Van will have to start thinking about it seriously rather than simply treating it as something to worry about in future.

btw, Tiamat specifically stated that she was not asking for the child to be considered as a prince/princess of the Vidal Empire or part of the official succession. That doesn't mean that the child can't be either though.

On a another note, Tiamat said that the egg would take a week to be laid and a month to hatch. Which turns out to be around the time Van's god statue will be unveiled. Given we're already ~20 chapters into this arc, I'd guess this will either happen right at the end of the current arc or relatively early in the next arc. Assuming the arc is going to be of average length, then we should be heading towards the finale of the arc soonish.

jubjub3000, Claus and Reman Scimitar like this.
  6. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Densuke used quite a bit of D&D lore on Tiamat surprisingly since she usually looked like a woman with long black hair (check the link for more details, had it posted earlier about her personality), I don't remember if he used the Dragon Goddess part though.

Imperial throne at this point would be too small a gain vs having a child who is practically a God/Goddess and almost technically have their own divine realm (I say 'almost technically' due to unknown if having mortality like a living being or not), and that's if Densuke TRULY follows D&D lore to the end.

7. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    @Reman Scimitar - it feels to me like you're projecting onto Tiamat too much. She's described as having an open-hearted (magnanimous) and lustful personality. She's also treated as a mother figure in the Demon Continent as she has a lot (100s) of children. She feels like Vida but lustier. She doesn't come across as a bad person or greedy or ambitious or that sort of thing.

On a side note, I've not seen anything saying that Tiamat has multiple heads or something... yet she's specifically not included in the "bust rankings" due to being unmeasurable like Yamata. Go figure...

8. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She's a 100 metre tall giant assed dragon girl she wins hands down, she's in a league of her own, shes in the giants and dragons league. Plus I don't think they have anything big enough too measure her. :aww::blobdrool::blobowoevil_horns::cookie:

hillo315 likes this.
  9. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Babylonian folklore, Tiamat mothered life (Symbol of Chaos and Primordial Creation) and D&D she even mothered evil dragons...

Don't need to be a bad guy to be greedy or ambitious, that part's just life, it's how one goes about it.

"She also had three main avatars. The Dark Lady was a mulan female with long dark hair and completely black eyes. She always wore dark robes and frequently had a seductive smile on her face." Excerpt from the wiki, wasn't referring to the full-blown FHD.

jubjub3000 likes this.
  10. Efgbog

Efgbog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he was refering to the tiamat in death mage doesn't have three heads.

hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  11. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    And I was referring to Tiamat having a human form in other lores, not just multiple headed dragon.

jubjub3000 likes this.
  12. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Once news reaches Alda, [Demon King's Child] will be added, guaranteed.

Van doesn't eat Demon King fragments. He assimilates Demon King fragments.

Eating implies some form of digestion. When Van eats a soul, the soul is broken down into its fundamental parts. The useful bits are absorbed while everything else is wasted.

Apparently, anyone can assimilate god fragments, though survival is not guaranteed in extreme cases if the fragment isn't assimilated properly. We've seen it with Demon King fragments (despite compatibility issues). We've also seen it with gods who fused together for various reasons.

I don't know why that would happen. Hybridization usually does not imply transformation abilities.

That's how things tend to go with Vida, actually. I don't see why Van can't father boys just as much as girls.

And depending on how long Van lives, he has the opportunity to have lots and lots of children, so that could be a huge problem. :blobxd:

Is she going to be included in the bust rankings from now on? Oh dear. :blobsweat_2:

Well, bust is about body proportions, which is relative. An enormous body requires proportionately huge breasts, so it doesn't mean much in the way of bust. But if you mean that her breasts are huge compared to her body size, then we may have a problem. :blobxd:

Wait, why am I thinking so much about this?!

I agree that Tiamat handled her selfish desires very well. Let's take a closer look at her rational mind at work.
    1. Let the prepubescent dhampir impregnate you.
    2. ???
    3. Profit.

Gods can have multiple appearances. For all we know, Death Mage Tiamat could actually have three heads.

jubjub3000 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  13. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Reminds me of the Guys clothing commercial actor saying "I can guarantee it" lmao

14. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you really believe that a goddess of fertility and one who will have vans first kid could possibly escape from the bust rankings? NAIVE!!! :blob_grin:

EDIT

You enter vans life, you enter the bust rankings.

Claus, Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  15. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    But wait! There's more! If you call now, we'll throw in the [Monstrosity] title for free! That's right, free! Order now!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    Bla8bla and Reman Scimitar like this.
  16. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    In Japanese this would likely be "魔王の子"... which could quite reasonably be translated back to English as "spawn of Satan" :blobowoevil_horns:

I know. I was just thinking "surely having a super huge body would be inconvenient, is there anything that could help?"...

Rule of cool... er, cute...

Depending upon what happens though, it might be necessary for a true successor to have Death Attribute magic. Or at least, we'll need some of those around to assist Van with how he uses magic for production...

No, other way around. Tiamat is NOT included. She has an adviser role.

That's specifically how it's done in the official bust rankings.

Van should probably be relieved that Tiamat is only creating one egg, not dozens...

17. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    My ribs hurt now :blobrofl:

jubjub3000 likes this.
  18. Aqrabuamelu

Aqrabuamelu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When you're measuring bust size in the dimensions usually reserved for football fields the game has lost its point. :LOL:

19. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most certainly not. However, Van having Mutagenics, and the "patron son of the transformation equipment" title as well as the common habit of transforming the shape of his spirit body, and his mother Tiamat also having the ability to change her upper body appearance into that of a human woman, there is actually every reason to expect the consideration to at least be on the table and not be at all surprised if it does happen.

2 of the child's 3 parents (the mere aspect of it having 3 parents is screwing with common sense already,) having transformation abilities means something very interesting happening could be very likely. Oh, and the fact that Van breaks common sense all the time of course is another reason to add to the list.

Not saying it will happen, just saying that there is every reason why the option should at least be on the table for consideration. Plus, Van had the specific line this chapter that it would be hard to declare this child the first prince/princess for political reasons due to the political appearances and negotiations in other nations typically carried out by the first prince/princess, and the 100 meter size making it difficult to uphold those duties. It is a pattern in this series that if there is something someone is worrying about well ahead of the issue coming up, the issue never comes up because something completely different happens. So, with that item for consideration, it seems more likely for the child to have a human form than not. Of course, Denske could always just subvert his own pattern in order to keep us on our toes.

20. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    something like that would be nice, as it makes it clear to the other nation that they are dealing with something big. metaphorical and physical.
    imagine: 100m dragon waiting in front of the castle and they need to negotiate with it:blob_grin::blobowoevil_horns: