Discussion Games you were meh on

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Silver Snake, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    Over the past few days I've been trying to find good mobile games. There are many, many games, so it has been difficult. I've visited many a forum, "gaming" and non-"gaming" websites, and, yes, even reddit. I find myself disliking most, if not all, of the games listed. And then after finding nothing that interested me I chose to enact the final solution: trying out games to see if I like them; and, gosh, did I figure something funny out.

I know the games that I disliked weren't bad, but I disliked them anyways, even if they were "critically acclaimed". It was because I was looking for something that didn't exist. I wanted to find a game I would enjoy, but I didn't know what that was, so I searched for the most popular, highest rated games; which only left me with games I thought were boring.

I wanted to love games like The Witcher 3, Soulsborne series, and Persona 5. But the combat in the witcher felt really easy, after you get Soulsborne games they aren't really challenging and are more so a puzzle of how long it takes you to memorize the attack patterns and blind spots; people say the stories were amazing in them, but I could hardly ever find them. And Persona 5 was extremely depressing; I have enough of that IRL. I need something that brings me cheer like Dragon Quest XI.

What were some games that you thought you would like or should like, but didn't?

2. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    The Sims. There was a fad for a while and i tried it. 5 minutes later i wanted to kill myself for wasting time and money.

3. genocidegrand

genocidegrand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i played dragon xi for 6 hours. uninstalled.

Silver Snake likes this.
  4. Sadim

Sadim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    SimCity (...)
    Mario Kart 8 (I really can't handle that coin shit)

Silver Snake likes this.
  5. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NNK 2.

I loved Ni No Kuni, and pre-ordered the sequel as soon as I saw it. I played it on launch day. I was hyped, damn it. ... but the sequel was lackluster. Or I think it was. Since I stopped playing it in disappointment after six hours, I guess it may have gotten better.

It's not like I hated it. The intro made me laugh - prez pulling a gun. Loved it. .. But it was just... Ni No Kuni was a really emotional and gripping story in the beginning. A bit of storytelling magic, like you'd attribute to Disney or Ghibli. Which makes sense, because Ghibli worked on it. The sequel was missing that. And yes, I know Ghibli staff still worked on the sequel. But they missed the mark. It tried to be emotional. It just wasn't. It was too cheesy, and some of the dialogue and events were illogical. It wasn't horrible. But it didn't live up to my expectations after the first game.

It honestly bugs me to death that the majority consensus is that the sequel is better.

6. Adastria Lillith

Adastria Lillith [Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus]

Reading List:
    Link
    Dynasty Warriors 9 - absolute garbage.. i was roped by the tag "open world", but really, it's just another Dynasty Warriors with wider map. All side quests are bullsh*t. A peasant asked a general for some pelts or herbs? Off with your head

7. Expatamoeba

Expatamoeba Have eyes but still couldn't see Mount Tai

Reading List:
    Link
    Pubg. It waa soo hyped so I try it. But i guess fps is not for me.

Clozdark and Silver Snake like this.
  8. Silver Snake

Reading List:
    Link
    Pubg reminded me a lot of Pokemon go: people loved the idea of the game so much they didn't care if the actual game was bad, they still played it anyways. I think it simply took people differing amounts of time to realize it and when they did, to say whether it was still worth playing. For many it was. But most left for fortnite!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  9. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    Agree, everything is just too plain and boring, nothing could excite me.

I'm trying Survival Heroes right now, a moba battle royal. I wouldn't say it's bad, but I wouldn't say it's good either, it's a bit P2W imo.

I'm waiting for Ragnarok M: Eternal Love and see how it goes

Silver Snake likes this.
  10. schmidtcooper

schmidtcooper Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ni no Kuni 2, The first one is one of my most cherished games as far as good memories goes. So I was pretty hyped and although the 2nd one was in fact a good game, it wasn’t nearly as good as the first.

Also Rust, it’s fun to watch youtubers play it, but horribly bad and toxic to actually play.

There are others... too tired to think of them though. I don’t know why I’m still awake at 4 am.

udonsage likes this.
  11. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey yall disappointed gamers. Tried RDR2 yet? You won't regret it.

Silver Snake likes this.
  12. Silver Snake

Reading List:
    Link
    If RDR2 is so great then what are you doing here?

Bazikiller likes this.
  13. animanaicT

animanaicT Nobody Important

Reading List:
    Link
    People already talking shit about online play you cant please everyone bro.

14. animanaicT

Reading List:
    Link
    Literly trying to sleep. Not doing a very good job at it.

Silver Snake likes this.
  15. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm advocating the game
    Well, yeah. I don't play online though. Apparently my aiming with controller is worse than a 12 year old kid with parkinson.

Silver Snake likes this.
  16. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    i choose my games depending if my gadgets can install it or not. . . .
    if my gadgets or PC cannot install it then so long. . . your not my game. . . .:blobcry::blobcry::blobcry::blobcry:

i'll wait till i can get needed tech for it. . .

Silver Snake likes this.
  17. animanaicT

Reading List:
    Link
    Online isn't out yet but people are bitching about it, cant be pleased with a solid game with a compelling story. And i genuinely liked my ending.

18. GrimVeilRule

GrimVeilRule Dux Bellorum

Reading List:
    Link
    Dark Souls hard for the sake of hard isn't fun for me.

Silver Snake likes this.
  19. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    My first game was Starcraft. It had like the meh kinda gameplay today but it was actually the game which made me give reason why i like to play games. Dota was one of the reason as to how competitive people are and when 2 came out, i slowly lose the interest to play anymore games.

But Team Fortress 2 was one of the main reason why i still play games even though i was never good at it. Sure, there are countless experts out there who have way higher skills than me but those people also taught me how to play when i first started out. Unlike dota(which blames you for being bad), TF2 players gave time to teach me how to actually play the game. There was even an enemy player who show me the basic ropes before owning me. Slowly, i got hang of playing the game and even got revenge on some pro players owning me. Which satisfies me even when i lost the game.

Silver Snake likes this.
  20. jinxs2011

jinxs2011 [Rebel Against Normality][Writer of the Unusual]

Reading List:
    Link
    tf2. It was a while back, but I'd heard alot of good stuff about it, so I thought i'd try it out. Unfortunately, I came in late when everyone else already had the best stuff (and were more skilled), and public servers were overcrowded.
    It felt less like a FPS and more like being a zergling. Rush, death, respawn, repeat.
    I do still remember with fondness that one time an enemy spy was hanging around us, and I noticed it had my name hovering over it's head...

Silver Snake likes this.