Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know what this truck thing is about but in the past 2-3 months there has been as much activity in this thread as the past year or the past decade.

Nakakure and hillo315 like this.
  2. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Also the funny thing is alda want to prevent Van to become leader of Vida Race but Van already start to make So called Human Race in harmony with Vida Race.

3. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... The truck thing just sort of... happened. This more or less sums up my feelings about it:

Yep. Now the only conflict left to solve is making all the idiots realize they aren't helping Lambda by doing stupid things repeatedly. Oh wait...

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    jubjub3000, Claus and Reman Scimitar like this.
  4. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if i had to say anything about this chapter it would be a complaint about the letter, i thought the letter would explain why van rejects the harmony faction by saying something like.

"I am a vida fundamentalist, although its a principle you may have heard for the first time, this principle does not align with the harmony factions views, this is due to the damage alda has caused throughout these last 100,000 years, this is further strengthened by the fact that alda is preparing for war, alda has been building up his forces around the seals of the major gods in an attempt to stop vida and her champion from breaking their seals and releasing them..."

Or something like that, it just sounds more convincing to me and would make some view vida in a more sympathetic light.

edit

And yes i'm aware that we might have only gotten the bare bones of it "cause its raw and they couldn't really read it that well" but i just want to start up some conversation, to be clear im fine with the letter, this is just me being very picky.

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  5. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Would be understandable if they were sympathetic, but then again they'll prob see Van's fundamentalist attitude as an extremist version, and they ignored history between Brainless and Vida to begin with (forget being in the dark, if they didn't even bother to try and do a bit of research into the Brainless-Vida war), so he has no real reason to agree with their existence to start with and for them to add insult to injury even further towards Vida, they're wanting to creating the Harmony faction.

Korleone and jubjub3000 like this.
  6. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    They cant really do any research when all they're sources come from or have been tampered by Alda fundamentalists, the only decent source of information comes from either neutral gods i.e the evil gods or the major gods who didn't take a side. However, Alda said that they are all evil,liars and must be exterminated, and if i remember correctly he said that all able-bodied major gods helped him beat Vida down.

hillo315 likes this.
  7. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't alter all of the information no matter how hard one tries. Mages guild would've been the best place to start their information gathering (unless it's ran by a Brainless fanatic then they're trying to overreach their territory).

jubjub3000 likes this.
  8. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    true, however its been 100,000 years any book containing the relevant information outside of the mountain range would have either rotted to a point where it can't be read anymore, destroyed either being discovered by an alda fundamentalist who might have found it whilst raiding a vida temple, or it could have been destroyed as collateral in a battle between A ranks and rank 10 monsters(and above) close to it's location, there might be some pieces of evidence left in some of vidas races villages, but chances are, they've been raided alot of times and not too many of them, if any, still remember anything worthwhile that cant be considered too valuable for an outsider too see. However, dispite all this, there may be some evidence of the truth outside the mountain range, but its either hidden somewhere incredibly secure and it's whereabouts forgotten too everyone.

in conclusion, i believe that in the 50,000 years bellwood was active, he wiped out 95% if not more of all good pieces of information of the creation champions, if he had his way completely they would have been completely forgotten, but alda or one of his subordinates believed that was too far and stopped Bellwood.

hillo315 likes this.
  9. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As Hillo said, the truck thing just kinda happened. Kinda an in-joke among people who read/watch a lot of isekai, death by truck is the #1 most frequent method of death for reincarnator/moment of death type isekai, made even more famous by Mother's Basement's "Isekai Anime Survival Guide" parody video.

(Just watch, a transcription of this video into text format is going to become the bible of truck-sama.)

As for why this thread has become so much more active, I would say it is because it reached a certain critical mass of theorists who enjoy talking about the subject. Actually, I think I may be able to take some of the credit as the tipping point of enthusiasm, partially evidenced by how the formerly active LCD thread tapered off dramatically on the enthusiasm level the moment I left and came over here.

That said, @kari-no-sugata is another vital key theory poster in terms of keeping up the enthusiasm in the thread due to frequency of posting and how interesting the content of each post is. Then, we have @hillo315 , @jubjub3000 , @Nakakure , and @Reman Scimitar who have the very important role of contributing in their 2 cents and peanut-gallary style comedic interpretations of snipped out parts of the elaborate theorizing of others like me and kari.

It's all a dynamic that needs all the parts in play, and if you don't have all the parts then you don't get this kind of activity. If I did play a part, it's just that I was the final missing gear that needed to make all the other gears start turning. People like me and Kari, being those willing to post elaborate theories frequently, are an essential part. However, that's not to discredit the other people who make elaborate posts only less frequently.

jubjub3000 and hillo315 like this.
  10. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Mage's guild is still a better starting place than a basic library or some Noble College (if they had any to begin with).

Bully/Belly only altered information on the Creation Champions by making them looking either weak or vile along with their technological prowess (which ironically, Guduranis feared as it may have found a way to kill him). Proof they're treated even worse than a slave was Van's succession of the Trial/Ordeal of Zakkart and claimed the name of Vandeliu Zakkart followed by how Moxy's noble, Isaac, treated the name by saying why would anyone want such a name as Zakkart.

11. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    Are we the flood? Have we finally become a protogravemind? :blob_grin:

hillo315 likes this.
  12. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately, as you say bell end edited the records, effectively destroying the truth, but that's all you need to do to warp anyone's perceptions of past people and events, cause I would say that everything in the mages guild has been seen by Alda, this is due to the fact that most believers have thought that ricklent is just beneath Alda, due to aldas propaganda and saying he's the "chief god" and with this, in the first 50,000 years he could have sent in a champion to either change the contents or destroy it, and yes after bell end fell into a slumber he couldn't do what he wanted he could still communicate and within 50,000 years someone is bound to guess correctly.

Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  13. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately, everyone in the Mage's guild already, if not technically, knew Ricklent and Zuruwarn were their own little faction since their champions were also creation champions. The assumption was more on Brainless' faction than everyone else, esp since Ricklent helped with the job system, even created a subordinate god and told him to never obey anyone, even himself (good call in that department). Belly/Bully did the alteration since he knew they could never be forgotten esp those who were Vida supporters (those who went to the other side of the mountains long in advance), plus there was the pre-invaded Talosheim, so might have some information (albeit the 50k years). And also as topper, these were times when folks were easily manipulated... Dark Ages to Current Day (not tech wise, just religion/politics/power placement).

jubjub3000 likes this.
  14. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    I just find it hard to believe that any significant amount of information survived 100,000 years is all, and I was under the impression that when the mirg-sheild nation invaded talosheim, they didn't take anything back, they burnt vidas temple, library and the only place they didn't touch was what the dragon golem was protecting (the failed resurrection device), but overall, I don't doubt that some evidence of zakkarts achievements may have survived, it's just incredibly unlikely that they would have found it all and still wanted harmony, or that it was in sufficient quantity to change there ways.

I believe that the harmony faction are just kind hearted people who are sick of all the bloodshed, and from their perspective, believe peace to be the best solution, without having a complete grasp on the truth,(they only know aldas side really cause aldas the only one talking)

Reman Scimitar, Claus and hillo315 like this.
  15. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Prior to the invasion, trade was well-conducted in the Orbaume Election Kingdom, esp Hartner Duchy (before they exposed themselves as Brainless fundamentalists) and with trade is usually information (and Mages guild, if not 'invaded' by Brainless fundamentalists/extremists) would have their hand at it before most folks unless it's already given knowledge to them but not the trading party.

Nothing truly stops them from researching, and also I somewhat blame Van and Darcia as they could've exposed Vida being released by using [Divine Descent] or even happily expose her title as Vida's Incarnation. But in the end, if one truly did their research, they'd prob look past all the BS from Brainless and see the actual truth, unless they throw history out the window and then they're just doomed to repeat their wars.

16. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Van isn't trying to please the harmony faction. He's very straightforward about how his ideals mesh with the harmony faction.

Basically, the harmony faction isn't ambitious enough, and it's roots in Alda's religion limits its ability to do anything progressive enough to earn Van's Seal of Approval.

You know us too well.
    [​IMG]
    (Image courtesy of @Reman Scimitar.)

Guilty as charged. :blob_grin:

Fun fact: Whenever I try to put a funny spin on something serious on the surface but inherently absurd on some level (such as politics), I ask myself how Stephen Colbert would talk about it. I miss the forest for the trees, using the simplest and most fundamental aspects of the situation. I then put it into perspective, showing just how silly it really is.

And don't forget derailing. We love derailing the thread occasionally.

We have evolved into a small-scale society. :blobsmile:

Kind of, yeah.

Korleone, jemini and Reman Scimitar like this.
  17. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that's true I was just kinda hoping that he could explain to them why their ideas can't work together and may e get some to join his side by explaining that Alda isn't happy that vida got got free from her "shackles" and explaining that no amount of apologising is gonna do anything, whilst also explaining that things are in the brink of all out war between the gods and it could erupt ny day dependant on how things play out.

I kinda just wanted van to bring them into the loop, get them up to speed on things.

I don't think vida wants to descend in enemy territory without an army at her back, this is due to the fact that Alda is more than likely too strike her whenever she steps out of the boundary, so when vida moves that signals the wars true beginning, everything before that was just the warm up.

And about visas incarnation, yes I would probably be better if they said it, but doesn't van just want to run a food stand, cause with all the pilgrims and publicity that would bring, might ruin the immersion, but generally I'm sure there's a good reason for it but we haven't thought of it yet.

18. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    That is true, and at same time Brainless is somewhat fearful of Van and has been calling him the second coming of Guduranis for how long now? (Esp since Van has killed of Yupeon and Curatos and Phitun* (forgot this meathead by accident), ESP Curatos in his whole form and has crushed a select few souls who deserved it, but I don't think Brainless knows of the few evil/fake gods who've been crushed yet).

It won't necessarily affect them that much as long as they expose their intent of running a small food stand, as a matter of fact his competition in the RLD (Red-Light District) helped a bit more for Vida by having heart marks on the other competitors, might even push further into the other duchies of the Orbaume Election Kingdom (if they went this route, might help Vida a bit, not drastically, but a bit is still more than enough).

jubjub3000 likes this.
  19. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    If I had to guess why darcia hasn't said it yet was so the influence could spread with less likelihood of people just rejecting it, and some duchies outright banning kannako and darcia' s companions from performing, although this would cause the fundamentalists to come out the woodwork.

20. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Religion, everyone needs that love/hate relationship with it.

Kari CAN theorize, I mostly seen you more as the cynic. And I don't mind being the peanut gallery, it makes my day when a person laughs.

jubjub3000 likes this.