Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought a pimped-out Quattro would be a good place to start.

Van himself or now Fidirg can do a good impression of a "Macross Cannon"...

As for a "giant mech", I believe they just collected a large amount of orihalcon so we might well see a Van created orihalcon golem soon. It'll probably be a bit more special than a plain golem too.

hillo315 likes this.
  2. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He shoud beable to be able to propery manipulate it now with [Thaumaturgy] now too. It had the kanji for divine right?

hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  3. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And with the dragon gods and co helping van out, they might have seen some of the construction of these golem, so they probably know the most outside of the creation champions.

But yeah, I wanna see either a giant 5 headed dragon mecha, a giant floating fortress, a giant knight like mecha or an evangelion (Did I spell that right?)

hillo315 and Mesaphrom like this.
  4. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    Who needs Gundamiun when you have Vandamiun (Ori/DK frag)?

Wonder if Quattro may end up evolving into a giant floating fortress at some point. Guess Knochen already cover that, but still...

hillo315 likes this.
  5. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, I know I'm being a bit stubborn on this but, it should be Vandemonium, as in pandemonium, but more van.

Shall we have a vote on this?

EDIT

I wonder what an alloy of vans death metals and Orichalcum does? If it does anything at all?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    hillo315 and Nakakure like this.
  6. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read new translated chapter . Update about 4 Monster.
    I really laugh a lot.
    • Name: Kühl
    • Race: Satan Blood Slime
    • Level: 0
    • Passive skills:
      • Blunt Damage Nullification (Awakened from Blunt Damage Resistance!)
      • Hunger Resistance: Level 3 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Predator’s Restoration: Level 10 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Body Form Manipulation: Level 10 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Venom Secretion: Level 10 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Magic Resistance: Level 5 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Superhuman Strength: Level 7 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Physical Resistance: Level 2 (NEW!)
      • Self-Enhancement: Guidance: Level 3 (NEW!)
    • Active skills:
      • Silent Steps: Level 7 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Bloodwork: Level 7 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Surpass Limits: Level 8 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Grow: Level 6 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Unarmed Fighting Technique: Level 5 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Coordination: Level 4 (NEW!)
      • Charge: Level 3 (NEW!)
      • Parallel Thought Processing: Level 4 (NEW!)
      • Long-distance Control: Level 5 (NEW!)
      • Infest: Level 4 (NEW!)
    • Unique skills:
      • ■■ン■■■’s Divine Protection (NEW!) [Katakana is “n”]

Monster explanation (Written by Luciliano):

【Satan Blood Slime】

Kühl has become this monster after increasing its Rank multiple times and going through the stages of Huge Deep Blood Slime, Black Blood Slime and Dark Blood Slime. It is a Slime made of the Demon King’s blood.

It can be assumed that the cause for it becoming this monster is because it consumes Blood Potion like Princess Levia and because Master sometimes provides it directly with the Potion’s base ingredient… his own blood.

Its appearance is that of a black-red slime, but lately, it has often been using the Body Form Manipulation Skill to take the form of humans and animals. Perhaps because of this, it has acquired the Unarmed Fighting Technique and Charge Skills. In addition, perhaps in imitation of Master, it is capable of controlling parts of its own body that is separated from its main body using the Long-distance Control Skill.

… If one comes across a black-red-colored Master or Legion, it is safe to assume that it is Kühl, though there are some rare occasions on which Master completely covers himself with the Demon King’s blood, disguising himself as Kühl.

It is capable of using the separate parts of itself to enter its prey’s body through open wounds and Infesting them, attacking them from the inside or absorbing all of their blood to instantly kill them as it sees fit.

Due to this special ability, it was only natural for Kühl to become in charge of the task of draining the blood of our prey.

It does not fare as well against enemies such as Golems, Undead and spirits that do not have blood, but it would undoubtedly be a fearsome predator when facing human enemies.

Incidentally, I no longer have any comments regarding the divine protection. I myself have also received it, after all.

• Name: Pete
    • Race: Great Roaring Lightning Metal Demon Centipede
    • Passive skills:
      • Hunger Resistance: Level 3 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Self-Enhancement: Following: Level 10 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Venom Secretion (Neurotoxin): Jaws: Level 10 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Wind Attribute Resistance: Level 8 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Enhanced Body: Exoskeleton, Horns: Level 10 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Monstrous Strength: Level 1 (Awakened from Superhuman Strength!)
      • Self-Enhancement: Guidance: Level 3 (NEW!)
    • Active skills:
      • Silent Steps: Level 1
      • Charge: Level 10 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Transcend Limits: Level 1 (Awakened from Surpass Limits!)
      • Armor Technique: Level 7 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Roaring Lightning: Level 1 (Awakened from Lightning!)
      • Coordination: Level 4 (NEW!)
    • Unique skills:
      • Dragon Devourer: Level 6 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Zanalpadna’s Divine Blessing (NEW!)
      • ヴ■■■■■’s Divine Protection (NEW!) [Katakana is “v”]

【Great Roaring Lightning Metal Demon Centipede】

… Can this even be called a centipede anymore?

It is larger than a dragon, and the force of its charge would likely be enough to penetrate an entire fort, never mind a single wall. The lightning it releases is more powerful than lightning that falls from the sky, and its skeleton is as solid as Adamantite. It even possesses three Unique Skills.

Lower-Rank Dragons do not even dare approach it. I suspect that even a Hurricane Dragon would avoid a frontal charge from Pete. According to Master, Dragon meat is one of Pete’s favorite dishes.

Unlike Slimes and plant-type monsters, which operate in groups, Pete is a centipede monster, a kind of monster that normally acts alone. Despite this, it has acquired the Coordination Skill.

Well, he has always acted as a representative for the insectoid monsters tamed by Master, and as a mediator for the Cemetery Bees that are his seniors (though they are now Gehenna Bees). Perhaps these tasks have improved his communication skills?

Incidentally, he was well-received when we visited the Drakonid nation. The Drakonids offered him a feast and asked him not to go on a rampage inside their nation in return, so he was in a good mood. It was the first time I have ever seen an entire roasted Wyvern.

• Name: Eisen
    • Race: Skogsrå Empress
    • Level: 98
    • Passive skills:
      • Monstrous Strength: Level 3 (Awakened from Superhuman Strength!)
      • Rapid Regeneration: Level 10 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Status Effect Resistance: Level 8 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Magic Resistance: Level 9 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Physical Resistance: Level 9 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Augmented Vitality: Level 10 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Enhanced Physical Ability (Bark, Branches): Level 10 (LEVEL UP!)
      • High-speed Fruit Production: Level 3 (Awakened from Fruit Production!)
      • High-speed Sap Production: Level 3 (Awakened from Sap Production!)
      • High-speed Branch Production: Level 3 (Awakened from Branch Production!)
      • Allure: Level 8 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Self-enhancement: Subordination: Level 7 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Self-Enhancement: Guidance: Level 5 (NEW!)
    • Active skills:
      • Unarmed Fighting Technique: Level 6 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Throwing: Level 7 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Armor Technique: Level 6 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Spirit Siphon: Level 9 (LEVEL UP!)
      • No-Attribute Magic: Level 4 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Earth-Attribute Magic: Level 5 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Life-Attribute Magic: Level 5 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Shrink: Level 2 (NEW!)
      • Mana Control: Level 2 (NEW!)
      • Commanding: Level 1 (NEW!)
      • Coordination: Level 5 (NEW!)
    • Unique skills:
      • Zozogante’s Divine Protection
      • Invigoration: Plant (NEW!)
      • ■■■ダ■■’s Divine Protection (NEW!) [Katakana is “da”]

【Skogsrå Empress】

Can this still be called a Skogsrå…? No, I suppose Skogsrå itself was a new race of monster to begin with.

Eisen has progressed from Skogsrå Widow to Witch, then Queen and now Empress.

Her appearance has not changed significantly; she still has green skin, clothes made of bark and several branches growing from her back. But she now has a crown of leaves on her head.

Perhaps because she has acquired the divine protection of Zozogante, the evil god of the dark forest who is the guardian deity of the Ghoul nation, she now produces vividly-colored flowers, sweet nectar and all kinds of other fruits in addition to her iron-like apples… such as Gante fruits that resemble human eyeballs.

The syrup that she produces truly possesses the sweetness of the heavens; I can understand why Cuoco Ragdew and his entire family are still obsessed with it. Her popularity has been increasing lately; it appears that she even has fans in the Legston family of earls now.

She does not appear to be particularly happy about this, however. Could it be that she thinks of them as cockroaches or something similar…? I think not… probably.

But apparently, she welcomes bees that come to gather her nectar. Perhaps it is because they assist her with pollination?

Furthermore, the effects of the ‘Invigoration: Plant’ Unique Skill that she has acquired causes plants around her to be stimulated just by her being present near them. No matter how delicate the plants are, they grow vigorously like weeds… and sometimes become monsters.

Of course, the Skill’s effects also affect plant-type monsters.

Thus, the Immortal Ents and the other plant-type monsters in the Immortal Ent forest of Talosheim have increased in Rank, becoming Skogsrå and Leshi (Monsters that are like male versions of Skogsrå). Naturally, Eisen has become a mediator for these monsters.

• Name: Quinn
    • Race: Gehenna Absolute Queen Bee
    • Passive skills:
      • Status Effect Resistance: Level 8 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Rapid Regeneration: Level 4
      • High-speed Egg Spawn: Level 1 (Awakened from Egg Spawn!)
      • Endless Sexual Stamina: Level 5 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Mana Enlargement: Level 7 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Automatic Mana Recovery: Level 7 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Deadly Poison Secretion: Stinger: Level 2 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Enhanced Physical Ability: Exoskeleton: Level 2 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Strengthened Attribute Values: Under Servitude: Level 7 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Self-Enhancement: Guidance: Level 4 (NEW!)
      • Allure: Level 3 (NEW!)
    • Active skills:
      • Mana Control: Level 2 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Space-Attribute Magic: Level 4 (LEVEL UP!)
      • Bee Swarm Coordination: level 10
      • Bee Swarm Commanding: Level 10
      • Limited Alchemy: Level 3 (NEW!)
      • Sewing: Level 3 (NEW!)
      • Construction: Level 5 (NEW!)
    • Unique skills:
      • High-speed Bee Swarm Development
      • Zanalpadna’s Divine Protection
      • ■■■■■―’s Divine Protection (NEW!) [Katakana is the vowel-lengthening katakana, this is present at the end of Vandalieu’s name]

【Gehenna Absolute Queen Bee】

A monster that Quinn has become after progressing from Gehenna Queen bee to High Queen Bee, then Great Queen Bee and now Absolute Queen Bee. There are no significant changes to her appearance, but her sense of presence, or perhaps it should be described as an aura, has become greater.

Quinn’s own personal ability in combat is low for her Rank (though she would still be able to beat a B-class adventurer to death with nothing but brute force). However, she possesses more than enough ability to swarm her enemies to make up for this.

Even if she is separated from her swarm for whatever reason, she is able to expend a large amount of Mana to immediately lay eggs from the bee-abdomen that protrudes from her waist like a tail. These eggs immediately hatch into adult insects in the next moment. She is apparently able to do this up to ten times in the space of a minute.

She does not use this ability except in emergency situations, due to the fact that it consumes a large amount of Mana and although her daughters that are born this way have the same Attribute Values as her daughters that grow up normally, they have lower Skill Levels and shorter lifespans.

Unlike ordinary queen bees, she makes Magic Items, does sewing with silk and gives directions to her workers in the construction of the nest. But she is only able to use Limited Alchemy instinctively to create Magic Items with honey or beeswax, and the ones who actually work in nest construction are the worker bees.

She has become able to have conversations, but… there are times when she and Master gaze silently at each other. Apparently, they are communicating to each other through their antennae. Master’s is the Demon King’s antennae, not antennae that he possesses naturally, but apparently there are no problems with this.

hillo315 likes this.
  7. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, probably. One of the dangers of posting late at night after a quick read... I'd kinda forgotten about that.

Previously it didn't seem like the Alda gods were going to obey Van after being killed but I guess he made it work somehow.

After I finally got time to read the chapter again, two minor additions:

When someone loses divine protection, it leaves them fitting pretty nasty for a while but they don't suffer a drop in status values but it does mean they lose their growth boosts. Due to upgrades to their transformation equipment, Zadiris and Basdia can now fly.

8. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm glad they explained this, I always thought that eisen was the only skogra about.

hillo315 likes this.
  9. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah

hillo315 likes this.
  10. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess it's kinda like, being shunned, rejected and essentially being kicked out of the group you've belonged too all your life.

It's like you and your family have been getting along all your life, only for them to take you to the middle of nowhere and dump you there with no way of getting back home, for no reason that you are aware of.

Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  11. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    I leave the computer for the rest of the day and suddenly the thread is several pages longer.

We know that all the souls in Rodcorte's system are essentially the same. We don't know if that holds true for monsters and Vida's races, which his system don't support, but they are probably the same because Vida's system supports them all the same without issue.

But again, all souls in Rodcorte's system are essentially the same. Species matters only if souls are reincarnated as is, but most souls are wiped clean before being sent on.

Nonsense.

So Van actually stopped to consider the bathing idea? :blobxd:

Van has thus far proven he can destroy
    • souls.
    • mountains.
    • gods.
    • seals capable of holding Demon King fragments.
    • seals capable of holding souls.
    • orichalcum.
    • dungeons.
    • plans to kill him.
    Somehow, Alda still thinks the strongest metal in existence will even slightly help.

:facepalm:

Have gods been able to do this before? If not, this may start a cool trend.

When gods become more powerful by granting each other powers. :blobpopcorn_cool:

By the way, that new staff doesn't just use Fidirg as materials. Since it has the additional effect of providing some of Fidirg's unique powers, it's clearly a divine artifact as well, meaning that Fidirg probably put part of his very being (familiar spirit? spirit clone?) into the staff.

Stripperific living armor maids riding on demon horses. And to think that I have not seen it all...

This shall be added to my wall of quotes.

Yeah, that would definitely make them angry. Is it the god Van promised not to destroy?

Also, this confirms Van can make undead from gods. I doubt gods can normally become undead, though.

This is going into my wall of quotes. Twice. Also, "Psychological warfare FTW!" is a sentence I myself have used for comedic effect, so I'm pleasantly surprised to see it used elsewhere.

I, too, would blast music mid-battle. It's the only thing missing from a cool fight scene.

Van! Be a responsible god and finish giving your followers the divine protections they deserve!

That's called a wreath. Wreaths can mean many things, especially depending on the materials used and how the wreath is presented. In Greco-Roman times, wreaths commonly represented occupation, rank, achievement, and status. Ancient Greeks also used wreaths in depictions of the divine.

In Eisen's case, the wreath most likely indicates her high rank and status as an empress.

Quinn should be able to weaponize the spontaneous generation of newly born bees. Not only can she immediately make use of the bees that hatch, but she could also stick hatching eggs onto enemies for instantaneous attackers.

Sort of, but it's more traumatic than that. You're favored by 2 gods, except suddenly you aren't and you have no idea where it all went wrong. It's not quite like being shunned, and you weren't in the group your whole life.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    Reman Scimitar and jubjub3000 like this.
  12. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry I should have said this was a very toned down example underneath the comment.

And he only really cared about his god, not rodcords, he couldn't have cared less about rodcords protection (at least that's the impression that I got)

And I can't think of a better example.

hillo315 likes this.
  13. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Addicts are us! :blobwhistle:

Well, it can be nice to have a bit of tension in the battles. That being said, curb-stomp battles have their own charm when done well and we can fun imagining how Van will humiliate Alda's side next time...

It was pretty much shot down by everyone. But he wants to try it sometime...

It did help!

It gave Alda's side false optimisim that they had a chance, causing them to attack.

It made for some nice slow-moving clustered targets.

It provided plenty of resources that will later be recycled using interesting and innovative techniques that will surely make for fun in upcoming battles.

Nope, Fidirg is a pioneer.

The origins of the staff wasn't described that I saw, except that it's called the "Staff/wand of the Five Sins", clearly referring to Fidirg.

Considering how Guidance and Mental Encroachment work and considering how entrenched, dumb and static (unchanging) Alda's side are, characterising them as being similar to the Zentradi and perhaps being equally susceptible to something like the "Minmay Attack" is absolutely hilarious... though probably a bit wrong. Still, if you consider the way the skills system works it seems entirely possible that Kanako could in fact grant a temporary bonus to those who believe in her songs.... and maybe provide a mental debuff to the enemies. Or at least it would likely be a good way to bait them.

Even if this idea doesn't happen we're likely to see psychological warfare - Van has done it before and it came up in the latest chapter as well.

14. Aqrabuamelu

Aqrabuamelu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem there is the language question. I can't read kanji and the like, so I can't check, but in the English context you can take that statement about power in two ways. The first is the energy sense of 'the engine lacked the power to move the car.' You could take that as Kanako lacked the necessary force to move people over. The second, though, is the capability sense such as a Fire mage saying, "I don't have water powers." So is the quote a statement that she lacks the mana or energy to move them or is it a statement that she lacks the ability? It's unclear in what you quoted.

Well outside of a reference or two about 'disgust at creatures born from monsters/evil gods' the vast majority of times the argument about exterminating Vida's races comes up it is because it is the only way to destroy Vida's reincarnation system. That point comes up in multiple chapters and if that is the push then the idea of moving them to a different system is just as useful as killing them. Even when queried by Alda, Rodcorte still says that he can't absorb the souls from her system without destroying the system and killing or removing the divinity from Vida.

This is exactly the point. The previous method of moving a soul between systems was to convert the race of the individual. It's been said by Van that souls tend to change to match the shape they are in. That was why he didn't want to put his mother in a golem or a set of magic armor because her soul would change to match her body. What shocked Rodcorte was a group of things that included not only the volume Van could achieve but the reason for that. The fact that Van was somehow able to either a) change their race in mass or b) change their reincarnation systems without changing them physically. Van was changing the reincarnation system of souls without actually changing the containers. It was pretty clear that while Rodcorte had seen changes and the destruction of souls before this was completely new.

15. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    Just an idea.
    But what if the five sins artefact is the first of many, like the gauntlet, and van is gonna ask other (evil)gods to make similar pieces to make a full set of armour, and it's true power only comes out when all pieces are combined, like a small megazord, for a lack of other references (I can think of at this moment)

hillo315 likes this.
  16. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    SUPER MAOU RANGER! *pyrotechnic explosion*

Now, let me get over the DXD flashbacks for a moment....

17. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    1. If he truly saw monsters in the same way as he sees humans' souls, he would try to knock them out of Vida's system and not a full eradication and even if Vida's system is eradicated, what makes anyone think he'll accept them?

2. You cannot compare human soul to a monster soul, esp since Vida's races are children between Vida and the Evil Gods, monsters in Origin (very rare cases) are similar to either cancer/tumor or even a possible mutation from a heavy magic AO (similar to a nuclear meltdown site or a nuclear weapons testing site).

3. He would have to make a whole other system along with humans and creatures/plants, and given how little interest human souls are to him (only because they give him his system's power), easy to say monsters will have next to no value to him.

jubjub3000 likes this.
  18. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it was said that he tried, (but vidas system is tied to her existance in some way(wild theory)) this means that vida has to be taken out of the picture before he can "knock them out of the her system" but another way to do this is to have no more vessels for the souls to occupy, (kill all races that have members in vidas system) and let's be fair here, what do you think sounds easier, killing off multiple races while their guardian's are already weakened and can't properly do anything, or attacking the guardian's themselves and lose a lot of believers in the immediate crossfire.

hillo315 likes this.
  19. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    GODZILLAAAA

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  20. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    He already aimed for the elimination of Vida's system as it counters his own and nothing annoys him more than another life cycling system and only became more proactive thanks to his own ignorance and arrogance of how he treated Amamiya/Van. He couldn't really do much about killing off Vida as that's Brainless's business and remember he and Bully sealed her off after taking her Life divinity (with Brainless' hoping she would come to her 'senses'). And killing off 'weakened' Guardians is still just as dangerous and likely to lose a lot of lives as you have to go through their followers in process, which kills off the point of even trying.

jubjub3000 likes this.