Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just curious but what do you meet by cleansed?
    Because if you mean turn back into a human/elf/dwarf then I don't think that can happen, the race change is permanent.

2. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Cleansed as in once you die and shed off your physical body and go spirit, only time it's malleable as spirit needs a vessel to retain some form (unless under special circumstances or tainted to an extent that it's a lost cause, monsters are viewed more as the later).

jubjub3000 likes this.
  3. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    But vampires can breed on their own, what about the children in this case, because vida said that van would most likely reincarnated as a vampire, but since vampires don't really have children all that frequently he would be the next best thing, a dhampire.

EDIT

Just a thought, but maybe using van as some kind of example isn't the best thing too do.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  4. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Van is a... very special case, in that he has four soul fragments (not counting DK frags as well as they alter the state of the soul a bit, seen after the Noble Orc Empire war when Van and co visits the other Evil Gods), breaking everything in the soul discussion (not really saying this bit as a pun). Selena on other hand, even if her father is human, she possesses Vampire blood from her mother and that doesn't help her case very much, as that's a form of taint on the soul itself.

5. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    This was before he got any DK fragments and his soul was more resembling of a human.

hillo315 likes this.
  6. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Only time he resembled a human was in Puny God's domain for both Origin and before touching Lambda's ground, his soul was already known to us as fractured thanks to the Evil God of Tomes trying to find Van's mind (got devoured instead).

7. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    So I left the computer for maybe an hour or so, and suddenly the thread is several pages longer. I check out what insightful commentary my fellow addicts have been typing, only to find a heated debate that isn't really going anywhere and isn't helping anybody. kari left a single post (which thankfully isn't trashy or trivial), and Mesaphrom is the only voice of reason to stick around during this inane babble and still somehow remain chill the whole time. So here we go.

All of the above are souls.

All of the above are fruits.

Yes, and the soul is fully shaped at birth, if not before. Before existence in a physical medium, the soul has no shape, and therefore nothing to distinguish it from other souls.

But he doesn't need to! After souls are wiped clean, there is no difference between them. There is no human or cow or squid or grass or mushroom until the soul is reborn into the world.

Every time except the reincarnators, actually.

True. Eisen is somewhat influenced by her previous life as a fruit merchant, which is why she throws her fruit ("EAT!") and was more intelligent than the average ent. Being human in her previous life may also be the reason for her current humanoid shape. Also, reincarnating into an ent should be rather easy for human souls, as ents have faces and are about as intelligent as goblins.

You lost me.

Why would previous lives be necessary at all? Souls imprint onto their bodies, and that's where genetics come in. Newborns rely on insticts and trial and error, not memories from previous lives.

What makes you think that monster souls can't be wiped clean?

NetoRare Van. :blobtongue:

*sharp inhale* This demands a fanfic.

NekoMK2, Bla8bla, Mesaphrom and 3 others like this.
  8. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes and i was referencing that time span, it's in the vida POV chapter.

Yes I have edited this comment, it just makes more sense now is all.

hillo315 likes this.
  9. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    To us, they are. To someone like Puny God, he only wants what souls affects his system the best, and humans are practically the safe bet and that's thanks to us being a warring type race in any world.

General classification, missed the point, they are separate types of fruits.
    An apple is still an apple, same for the orange being an orange, same for pumpkin and watermelon. I could've used sugar as there is both natural sugar and artificial sugar (both are same and sweet, but produced differently and still achieved same result, human being natural and monster being artificial but both are still living beings that kill and eat each other).

As in monsters/NRV are artificial, made outside the system. Puny God would have no way to deal with them (plus he'd prob benefit more from their destruction since it's a way to wipe out Vida's system).

Your instincts and trial and error are motor skills for the brain that repeats, and still is something one gains from previous life regardless of loss of memories. Just like basic motor functions of the human body, it's all meant to be memorized, otherwise the poor sod will be mostly. Crawling, walking, running, etc. Physical body it'll be technically new but to the soul, not so much as it remembers how each part operates.

This was after Mirg Shield Nation's failed invasion/counter-invasion and during Van's attempt to register with the Adventurers guild (also meeting Heinz and Selena) at Niarki, he aimed to resurrect Darcia through any means necessary. This was when we first seen how fractured the soul was. Also this is when Vida was still imprisoned, only thing she did was pull Van from Puny God's system and into her own.

10. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    https://lightnovelbastion.com/release.php?p=826
    this is vida looking back at what she did in that timespan

https://lightnovelbastion.com/release.php?p=1251

hillo315 likes this.
  11. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, his soul's shape became screwy the very moment he entered his 3rd life in Lamba due to receiving the remains of Zaccart into his soul during his reincarnation. Basically, Zaccart's remains triggered the "proper" form of his piece-mail soul to revert to its true state no longer molded by the vessels Rodcorte had forced it into.

I am actually quite surprised myself. I thought for sure Kari at least might have settled this debate a LONG time ago, but it seems for some reason I'm the only one who remembers that Rodcorte's system includes souls for EVERYTHING that has life, including blades of grass, algae and protozoa in the sea, and turtles (which Van's mother from Earth was reincarnated into.)

Also, there is NOTHING that says, as has been argued in this debate, that "human souls are the only ones that matter to Rodcorte." It has also been specifically and explicitly mentioned several times throughout the series that, to Rodcorte, a soul is a soul is a soul, and the only reason humans are in any way significant to him is because they are the species on any given world that drive "progress" in the world. The best current theory as to why human progress may matter to Rodcorte, I believe this was discussed SEVERAL pages back, was because of industrial farming. Thus, several plants and animals are artificially raised and then slaughtered by humans, thus increasing the velocity of souls moving through Rodcorte's transmigration system.

Rodcorte doesn't care about the species, and he doesn't care about the quality of life. He only cares about the velocity of souls moving through the system.

Also, his dislike for Vida's system is probably more to do with the fact that it takes souls away from his system rather than anything else. It's true he refused to incorporate her species into his system before she made her own, which we can likely chalk up to his usual "incompitence" as his punny name points out. If he had known she would go and make her own system that would take souls away from his, he would probably have just incorporated her species to begin with. At any rate, his initial objection likely had something to do with her races being too long lived, and thus a set of species that would slow down the rate of transmigration. Seriously, the common thread in EVERY race of Vida is that they outlive the human races. Elves, which live 400 years on average, are the only race in Rodcorte's system that even come close to comparing to anything in Vida's system for which the race that lives the SHORTEST amount of time is 300 years (Titans, Ghouls, and Scallia, all 3 have 300 year life-spans.) And then, dark elves, the race based on elves, live the longest of the races that actually HAVE a life-span at 1000 years, and then there really are a number of them (Majin and Vampires) that are ageless and only die when they are killed by unnatural means.

EDIT: Actually the race in Vida's system that REALLY has the longest life-span of those with a life-span is a Damphir with a dark elf parent at 3000-5000 years. AKA, exactly what Van is.

Korleone, Bla8bla, Claus and 2 others like this.
  12. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    But it's instinct. You will never ever forget how to walk. You can lose the level of coordination that allows you to walk properly, but you will never truly forget how to walk. Walking is instinctive, not memorized. The same is true of swallowing, talking, etc.

Thus begins a truly epic tale of killing gods, impregnating dragons, selling good food, discovering the secrets of life and immortality, and just sticking out like a sore thumb in general.

There is only one person who doesn't remember, and insists that monster souls are somehow fundamentally different. The basic reasoning behind it is that Rodcorte's system doesn't support monster souls. I could explain every refutation from there, but it would be much easier to just scroll through the thread, if you haven't already. Needless to say, it is terrible. I half suspect that kari didn't pipe up because literally 0 posts about this topic were even remotely interesting or relevant.

They die only when they are killed.

Korleone and Mesaphrom like this.
  13. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    yep i somehow missed that, thanks for pointing it out

Mesaphrom and hillo315 like this.
  14. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey now, this is the point i've been trying to get across to (i forgot who i think @Reman Scimitar ) for quiet some time now.

15. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    Would you forgive me if I said I totally forgot you were involved, despite the fact that you posted the second most out of anybody at the time?

Mesaphrom and jubjub3000 like this.
  16. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    only if you forgive me for forgetting to mention how you helped out during the conversation.

17. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure. It's a deal. :blobhighfive:

I just jumped in towards the end, anyway.

18. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    All souls in Vida's system originated from either Rodcorte's system or the Demon King's system. Again, further evidence that monster souls and human souls are fundamentally similar enough to be interchangeable.

jubjub3000 and Mesaphrom like this.
  19. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Minecrafting, had nothing else to read or watch at the time. Got caught up in the read just now.

Again, not a clean slate. Everything you said, just proved it.

Forgot changing the very structure of life also

Because they're not the same. Not a 'person doesn't remember' but people forgetting how they're made.

jubjub3000 likes this.
  20. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    All she did was create a system that ran the same way as both, and filled it with her and the EG/Zakkart's children, they never joined Puny God's nor the DK's. (basically creatures with ranks and jobs vs either one)