Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    You understand what a singularity bomb would be, yes? It's not just storage of the mana, but compression of it that it needs to be enough to force a reaction.

jubjub3000 likes this.
  2. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes I know, but I'm sure van and co could figure it all out at some point.

EDIT

And doesn't death magic affect gravity to an extent? If so couldn't he just supercharge an extremely advanced gravity magic on something? Or he could store it as no attribute mana and with evil God of labyrinths help and maybe major god zuru's help make a machine to change the attribute, to use an extremely advanced space attribute.

Edit 2

If you can't tell, I like black holes, plus I think it would suit a death god, black holes are the death of stars and I would argue, the death of space-time, someone is gonna prove me wrong about this, but it's just my uneducated (in this area)opinion.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    hillo315 likes this.
  3. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When it comes to cosmic level things, I really think black holes would be more aligned with space attribute. Death attribute would be more related to entropy, the "heat death" of the universe. In other words, it would be that Death attribute would be capable of destabilizing an already existing black hole and maybe even be the only thing capable of dissipating it without a violent world-ending explosion.

hillo315, Claus and jubjub3000 like this.
  4. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sweet I'm all caught up now. Thanks so much to the people who put "New Chapter" when starting their posts. It makes it a lot quicker to search through for a summary after reading a chapter.

Some quick thoughts.

1) Kanako is proving to be the most useful person outside of Van in Lambda. Doug might be more handy or useful to Van while Melissa (?) might be a better combatant.
    2) I'm now 100 % sure that the people in Origin are meant to fight the Reincarnators under Van rather than try to stop him themselves.
    3) We need more Origin Stories
    4) Yes I know what I'm implying in number 3
    5) Is Van already powerful enough to become a pillar god?
    6) I forgot how bad reading MTL was
    7) Is Van going to have a challenging fight soon?
    8) What are the odd we see a side story of the person just kinda living a slow life in another continent?

If someone has a better list for Van's update in this chapter I'll update the front page right away. He had a couple of skills ascend so I don't want to use the MTL version for them

5. Dumac

Dumac Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    New Raw chapter, and MTL is super bad this time...

jemini, hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  6. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter opens with talking about eating seafood. Demi-god seafood. Van finally takes the Pale Rider job, get some discussion about how Van sees the True Giant zombie he's using (disposible), Tarea almost kills Fidirg because she's very bad at using projectiles (Fidirg makes sure to stand behind her firing line after that) and in the end the team makes their planned escape, as actually winning would make Alda's side think Peria is lost and just guard Botin.

Also get an update on Van's stats, will try to go back through that and cross reference with Yoshi's current translations later. Amused to see Dark King Magic got upgraded to Dark Emperor Magic.

Though there's also this predicament. Since we already have Origin the world, little weird to say [Abyss] has awakened to [Origin]. Maybe The Root? or Akasha? Seems very Garden of Sinners / Kinoko Nasu in general also. Well, or maybe just Buddhist. Either way! :blobawkward:

7. Wannabe-shutin

Wannabe-shutin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And van got some new jobs (he took pale rider by the way, a mythological being which spreads diseases)
    After killing some enemies (Tarea did some archery) they retreated and evaded the reinforcements/monsters coming from the water.

hillo315 likes this.
  8. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for that, I thought they were eating people reproductive organs. Hahaha :blobfearful::blobowoevil_horns::sweating_profusely::blob_grin:

Bla8bla and hillo315 like this.
  9. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    One man versus the organization he started. I've always loved irony.

Hiroto: "I need to end this. You can't fix everything."
    Bander: "No, you don't. Yes, I can."
    Hiroto: "You're insane!"
    Bander: "No, I am a god."
    Hiroto: "You're insane!"

And then Van will connect with his Origin counterpart, making him part of Origin's pantheon.

"You thought it was the Eighth Guidance, but it was me! D-01!"

I can also imagine him giving Avalon 108 middle fingers, just because he can.

Oh, good. I'm not the only one. :blobpopcorn:

They were being as merciful as they could afford to be. Better to die than be experimented on, after all.

You underestimate parental bonds.

Yeah, the dead desecration excuse only works if the dead don't want to live again. And really, who doesn't want to be not dead?

Even ignoring that, I would still find the revelation of "dead people being not quite gone, and definitely watching you" inherently creepy. And a little bit awesome.

"Pay attention, now. This will be on the test."

You're welcome.

Yes, but he's not anywhere near ready to take that sort of role just yet. He has a whole world of interests that supersede using his godhood to uphold certain conceptual aspects of Lambda.

It's more like a lot of fights have been challenging because Van never saw the need to give it his all. Except in the Van vs. Heinz fight, when their circumstances kept them evenly matched.

It's not a huge surprise. Doesn't Darcia have Life Empress Magic, or something?

Oh? It's about time that happened. I'm more interested than I've been for a long time.

That spreads death, actually. The Pale Rider is Death, not Pestilence.

10. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be a bit more specific, they're taking about eating the Beast King of Sea Urchins. And the part of uni (a dish considered very tasty and fancy in Japanese cuisine, thus Van would of course be interested in it, if to nothing else appear fancy) you eat happens to be the sea urchin's reproductive organs. Thus the discussion. Does this make eating the organs of a sentient being any better? Probably not! :blobfearful:

11. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link

"The first horseman rides a white horse, which scholars sometimes interpret to symbolize Christ; the second horseman rides a red horse and symbolizes war and bloodshed; the third rides a black horse and symbolizes famine; and the fourth horseman rides a pale horse and represents pestilence and death." -Britannica

jubjub3000 likes this.
  12. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy crap! I had no idea how right you are!

Yeah, but that's only one interpretation of the four horsemen. My interpretation is War, Famine, Pestilence, and Death.

13. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember, Amamiya's parents in Origin tossed him out (parental bonds at it's 'finest'), plus those who have some form of connection to Amamiya usually have some form of bad luck, Mei will prob end up with the bad luck as well sadly. Only time we see a better parental bond is Amamiya and Darcia both her pre-death and post death/resurrection.

jubjub3000 likes this.
  14. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You all beat me to posting about the new chapter, heh. So I'll just add some bits...

Well, 根源 can translate as "origin" but that might not be the intended reference but who knows. In the generic sense (not Nasuverse sense) it's sometimes translated as "root" as well such as 諸悪の根源 (root of all evil). Kinda hard to predict what it'll do as a skill though. Maybe allow Van to reach deeper into things like the origin of life or origin of souls or something... though not sure how it would relate to Abyss. Hmm, maybe the "image" for Abyss is "peering into the abyss" while the "image" for 根源 is "peering into the origin" (in the sense of peering into the deepest things possible).

But yeah, Dark King Magic evolves to Dark Emperor Magic. I guess Dark God Magic would be next...? Dark Emperor Magician job is now a selectable job option as well as... GOD GUIDER! (yes, really... God Guider... meep). And Van's max MP has now hit 20 billion. Hmm, "Soul Eater" skill is now up to LV10 - probably going to evolve soon.

Hmm. I guess quite a few people on Van's side are going to evolve soon. I guess that's why Van's rotating them - giving everyone a chance to get exp and evolve / get new skills/jobs etc

15. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    They're one in the same.
    Fun fact:
    Also its Conquest (white), War (red), Famine (black), and Death/Pestilence (Pale) (all this in Revelations)

jubjub3000 likes this.
  16. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Root was how MTL translated it. Since it is an upgraded form of abyss, I would interpret it as likely having to do with primordial darkness.

jubjub3000, Claus and hillo315 like this.
  17. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. His mother was a hooker and a drug addict who basically sold him for drug money. Druggies are notoriously bad parents. This makes perfect sense. Amemiya and Narumi are upper middle class. Lower middle class is known to have the very strongest parential bonds of any familial structure, but no other family structure is bad enough to do what you suggest and upper middle class is really not that bad in terms of family bonds at all.

2. Again, Amemiya is a Heinz parallel. He will react to Mei in exactly the same way as Heinz reacts to Selen. Do you even read or consider anything I post at all?

jubjub3000 and hillo315 like this.
  18. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    That's bad parenting, and our main characters know better.

If I may take a shot in the dark (pun), maybe it means something like "root (origin, bottom) of the abyss". Or maybe it's a superlative term, meaning "deepest/bottomless abyss".

Edit: I find it strange that this new skill is conveniently ignored for the duration of the chapter. I bet it's going to suddenly become important as a plot point in some random combat situation. :blobpeek:

Technically, yes... but mythology is not perfectly consistent on who's who anyway, so your point is moot. (Although yes, both Van and the job system agree that the Pale Rider job should improve Van's ability to spread disease.)

:blobwoah: Damn. This new power up is going to be a whopper, isn't it...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    jubjub3000, Bla8bla and Claus like this.
  19. Dumac

Dumac Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You do know that both Earth and Origin Gods are made from people beliefs, so if JoJo exists there, DIO is a god by default. :D

NekoMK2, Mesaphrom, hillo315 and 2 others like this.
  20. Dumac

Dumac Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We cannot say he will react the same as Heinz to Selen, as Mei is his biological daughter he might react far more fiercely. In the worst possible cliche way he could react would be suspect infidelity and deny her being his child, especially if Avalon sneaks in some fake evidence. Such an event would make him far more broken and dangerous than Heinz, as Heinz is fueled by regret and guilt, making him hesitant, Amemiya would be fueled by pure spite.