LCD The Amber Sword

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. tmark0099

tmark0099 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mtl for this will be crazy I think. Tl has done some fixes and changes.

2. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    The cloak was not yet identified. Remember like in Diablo if you have a magic weapon you need to identify them first through Deckard Cain or scroll? This is the same thing. Once identified, his system can recognize it and give the details. Before that, the details are locked.

Don't use machine translation on this. Wolfie admitted that he made a lot of creative changes to the novel because it's really just like another Chinese novel that you've read everywhere through NU. There are a lot of repetitions and face slapping. Wolfie removed the most obnoxious ones and rewrote it in a way that appeals to the western audience without breaking the plot.

The stuff you machine translated won't be the same as the the stuff you read from Wolfie.

Astaroth likes this.
  3. Maraderchik

Maraderchik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it was explained in last chapter.

Sure, but i can get overal plot this way and can read Wolfi for flavour latter.

4. tmark0099

Reading List:
    Link
    That Old dude is still alive? Or its his twin? These tree shepards are like fuckin cockroaches.

Arexio likes this.
  5. Maraderchik

Reading List:
    Link
    Most likely it's him.

6. tmark0099

Reading List:
    Link
    Mephisto that crazy bastard! lol. Was his grudge with kirrlutz explained in full? Did Brendel learn any skill from him?

7. Maraderchik

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, this clifhanger killing me.
    Brendel are you even noble? How can you sneak attack?! ©Faena

c0debreaker6 likes this.
  8. c0debreaker6

c0debreaker6 A MANLY Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    If Wolfie just normally translates, we would be much further than now, but since Wolfie edit out the usual CN WN junk, we were presented with a good novel. I just wish Wolfie would not procrastinate too much

9. tmark0099

Reading List:
    Link
    Why isn't Brendel running away and activating Valhalla? Afraid of it being snatched away or too greedy to leave the fight?

10. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess he wants to try to get rid of these guys now. If the cultist win because he ran away and it took him longer to activate than he thought then he'd look stupid. Plus if he can kill this guy he'd get XP.

11. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I already started reading the MTL a while back. Right after meeting the dragon of darkness or w/e. If you've read MTL before then there's not really any problem. Though I would suggest that you use something like word replacer or kronos' script (on taper/greasemonkey) if you're going to read on LNMTL to change some names to match the ones from Wolfie's translation.

I preferred most of the names from Wolife translation, e.g. Brendel >>> Brando.

Yeah that's true, but to be honest, I think it has been exaggerated. Like there's no actual difference in practice.

Wolfie changed stuff like combat sequences that doesn't make sense, that blind woman "looking" at Brendel. Brendel using signs instead of speech to give commands in that battle and such. Like, it doesn't actually change the story or anything, so even though it's different you can just continue reading and it doesn't really mean anything in the end.

The thing about the Dragon of Darkness or w/e was a bit heavier though, and tbh I didn't like how Wolfie changed it after checking since he just arbitrarily decided that DD should act like the big bad even though he isn't... But regardless, that's just a change in the tone of the conversation, with 0 change to the story so whichever you prefer it doesn't matter in the end.

Basically, reasons not to read MTL (assuming that you would be OK with MTL normally) would be for those moments where Brendel acts completely stupid like when he blamed those guys in the mine even though it was completely his fault.

Dart and Ai chan like this.
  12. tmark0099

Reading List:
    Link
    But can he even help with his strength? Won't he get killed by just aftershocks of elemental powers?

13. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    He's managed to put up a struggle against these people so I'm inclined to think that he can help.

14. Maraderchik

Reading List:
    Link
    How can i do this on lnmtl and apply it on the whole novel? I mean can i make some personal change in glossary and save it to my profile?

15. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    https://openuserjs.org/scripts/Kronos/User_Glossary_for_MTL#notes-
    ^Allows you to make personal glossary for any novel on LNMTL using google spreadsheet. (Requires tampermonkey on chrome, I think it also works with greasemonkey on firefox but not sure)

I also use this extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/word-replacer-ii/djakfbefalbkkdgnhkkdiihelkjdpbfh?hl=en to rename some existing stuff. (Though I mostly have it for MTL purposes, so I don't use it that much on LNMTL. But it's still handy since Krono's script only care about the raws but ignores the translation, so it has a similar to problem to the regular terms in that it doesn't allow for variations.)

If all you want to do is to change the name on a couple of terms (Like changing Brando into Brendel.) then it's probably easier and faster to use Word Replacer II or another extension like it.

Something to keep in mind though is that LNMTL inserts "soft hyphen"s so long words at the end of a sentence that's too long gets an added "-" and then continue on to the next sentence like this:

aVeryLong-
    Word

So you have to inspect the page (right click on the thing you want to re-word, then click inspect) and check for any "­" (hmtl code for soft hyphen) and then you'll have to add the soft hyphen character for the match & replace term. The way to type it with a keyboard is: alt+0173 (note that you won't actually see it, since the point of the character is to be invisible except for when a word needs to be split up.)

Otherwise, if you're reading a lot of MTL on LNMTL then you should probably get the Kronos' Script (or both), especially if you read newly added novels that don't have any good existing glossaries.

p.s. and eh sorry for being a bit off-topic on an LCD thread :p

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    c0debreaker6, Dart and Maraderchik like this.
  16. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    He can't get exp from humanoids, unless its undead or demons...... oh, the archbishop is undead now...

17. EricBannen

EricBannen √[To Read or Not to Read]

Reading List:
    Link
    Wolfie has done a tremendous job of making the novel stand out among the rest in its genre... Btw I finished catching up to Immortal

18. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Did it say that?

19. tmark0099

Reading List:
    Link
    Harem tag has been removed from the NU page. Why? Did Wolfie do it?
    Cause I think this will and should be harem.

20. Arexio

Arexio Blob Fanatic | AG Player

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I the only one who really digs the jamz that @silentwolfie puts into the chapters?

Like they really get you immersed into the story, especially when he's persuading Tulman and the druids (v3c184) or when he recites that oath in front of Valhalla (v3c185).

Those moments are almost of the same epicness as when he recites the Lionheart oath (v2c127) - I also imagine some epic music during that time too haha.

Astaroth and EricBannen like this.