LCD Otherwordly Evil Monarch

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by LoneWanderer23, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    So, i devoured a 250 chapter stockpile of this series and i gotta say.... it got better.

The pace picked up, the romance really started and the good comedy made a return. I've now set my allegiance to the TsundeMei camp XD.

Mei best waifu. Snake Sister is pretty funny as well

Mercy and TheHoblit like this.
  2. Avenger

Avenger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm up to chapter 300 so far. So far the Dugu girl and the Imperial Princess don't hold my interest so Mei and a snake sister sounds interesting. The only thing I am worried about so far is that the MC is making so many enemies, will the novel become a mess later on?

3. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    Where i'm up to, which is basically latest TL'd chaps, the pile of enemies shrinks a little and goes into the background for a while. As to further into the story? i dont know. you'd have to ask someone who's MTL'd ahead to know.

Avenger likes this.
  4. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh man. This young master is boned with a capital B.

A worthless pervert from a half-assed family of some piss-farting city. >.> he thinks much too full of himself.

Cant wait for the next chapter

5. Ishmael

Ishmael 『Night Owl』『Butler』『Traveller』

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read the recent chapter and I was like: Where did this "young master whats his name again" come from? and my second thought was: Yeah it´s REALLY a great idea to humiliate the brother of a remorseless assassin,...you go young master...~

6. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    What's he so pissed about the weird conjoined people? I think there's some reference I'm missing

7. Helel_Ben

Helel_Ben Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the reason I stopped reading. Was reading the machine translations and when he gets to that part suddenly the "conjoined" people have a battlecry that the machine translated as "baka" and then he reacts and completes it as "bakayaro". Then he mentions that his anger is a "nationalist" impulse and I couldn't read anymore because I was about to puke. Now obviously Qidian did translate it in English as something completely different ( no, it is not that the machine translation was wrong because the length of the enemy cry is 1 word and the Qidian occidental translation is a phrase ) that is not problematic but makes no sense.
    That is what you are missing

8. rustedge

rustedge Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah qidan translation is readable but I miss the old translator dao seeker.his translation has better quality.
    reference chapter 5:
    Qidan:
    Suddenly, Jun Wu Yi became aware of his surroundings, and retracted his arm. A trace of doubt crept up in his mind as he looked at his own hands. He turned towards Jun Xie and asked, "Weren’t you in pain? Why aren’t you crying?"

"It did pain. But, would the pain stop if I cried? If so… then I would’ve definitely cried out loud. But… unfortunately… it isn’t so," Jun Xie replied.

Daoseeker:
    Jun Wuyi suddenly became aware of his surroundings, he quickly retracted his arms. Taking a look at his own hands, a wave of doubt suddenly washed over him as he turned towards Jun Xie: “Weren’t you in pain? Why aren’t you crying?”

“I am in pain!” Jun Xie lightly replied: “But if I cry, will it stop hurting? If it would, I will be first to cry out loud. Unfortunately, things do not work that way!”.

9. Urbek Mazino

Urbek Mazino Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s been a month and no updates has this been dropped ??

10. deadlynovels

deadlynovels Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the best novels....... otherworldly evil monarch............. hope someone write other novel him

11. Slightly Canted

Slightly Canted Grey Warden

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is still alive!? I thought it died way back when the MC was at the lowest level possible while fighting against multiple enemies of the absolute highest level in the novel. Huh, I'll bet there was a lot of talk about debuchees and awkward scenarios with deadly females and many misdirects until the MC got strong enough to get his enemies to beat each other up and then he profits from that.

12. TheHoblit

TheHoblit Peak Dual-Cultivator

Reading List:
    Link
    well don't get your hopes up, it's dead again and hasn't gotten an update in a month. also, the "highest possible level" got a lot higher after that fight lmao.

13. zerokewl

zerokewl Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We just got updates, but it is so bad that even raw MTL is better. Grammar is non-existent; names, terms and objects are different and they keep changing throughout the chapter!! :blobdevil:

This novel definitely didn't deserve the fate it got.

I was really open minded at first but Qidian is really the cancer of novel translations and they have proved it time and time again.

DocB likes this.
  14. eray.gns

eray.gns Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Well, no. I've read the MTL and it was shit beyond recognition. New translator's grammar goes between good and on some sentences average and that is all. It is nevertheless a human translation and 100 times better to read than the MTL counterpart. And I believe term/object translations would eventually get on the same page with previous ones.

What I don't understand is; People cry for months cuz the previous translator dropped the novel but then when someone does pick it up and do a not so bad translation with minor grammar/wording mistakes, everyone loses their shit. WTH man?! Yes it could have been better but it is not like you are reading some kind of masterpiece either. And you can't cry like "it costs money to read" because no, it is not hard to find alternatives. So stop being whiny little entitled punks and be contend that, at least you are getting some chapters (with above average translation quality) to read.

15. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've seen good, bad, and worse in grammar quality and this one so far isn't too bad. I just haven't run into the reason why the first translator dropped it. Unless its a lost in translation issue and you cant see the racism unless you read the original text

16. Shtirliz

Shtirliz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian said that previous translator should drop translation of qidian-owned novels(OEM and TTNH). It was not translator decision.

17. Odyssey

Reading List:
    Link
    one of the translators then from the early days straight up said he was dropping it for blatant racism

18. Ishmael

Ishmael 『Night Owl』『Butler』『Traveller』

Reading List:
    Link
    Blatant racism?~

19. Shtirliz

Shtirliz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Translator which was even before NovelSaga? Idk, where did he find racism in OEM.

20. Odyssey

Reading List:
    Link
    probably since NS didn't pick up the novel til ch115